Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:53:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:39:12 AM

but now there is only one pool, as well as vampire users, make investors or new miner stop to join...
I think build up third party pool is a must , look like the BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.

As said before, I'm working on an alternative pool software. A first version should be ready for testing at the end of the week.
Current status: The pool can talk to the miner, give out work, collect the solutions (work of the miner), identify found blocks of the pool, calculate the shares (tested with the testnet and multiple miners)
Open is some frontend work, payout routines and solution validation (prevent vampires)

The software will be released on git when I'm sure that it works good, as I don't want to see multiple new pools popping up with broken software Wink
It is based on python/django, supports all django databases (but transactions might be a problem for some) and is heavily using celery, so matching broker  is required. I tried to port over mpos or another pool like that, but they are overcomplicated for what we want to do and hard to get secure. So a small and simple own software it is.

And yes, I'm aware that this software will be short lived then Rob brings Proof of Research, but until then, I hope that another pool will help stabilize the coin. And if not, it was at least interesting to dive deep into the biblepay code.

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alex873434

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:54:45 AM

but now there is only one pool, as well as vampire users, make investors or new miner stop to join...

As said before, I'm working on an alternative pool software. A first version should be ready for testing at the end of the week.
Current status: The pool can talk to the miner, give out work, collect the solutions (work of the miner), identify found blocks of the pool, calculate the shares (tested with the testnet and multiple miners)
Open is some frontend work, payout routines and solution validation (prevent vampires)

The software will be released on git when I'm sure that it works good, as I don't want to see multiple new pools popping up with broken software Wink
It is based on python/django, supports all django databases (but transactions might be a problem for some) and is heavily using celery, so matching broker  is required. I tried to port over mpos or another pool like that, but they are overcomplicated for what we want to do and hard to get secure. So a small and simple own software it is.

And yes, I'm aware that this software will be short lived then Rob brings Proof of Research, but until then, I hope that another pool will help stabilize the coin. And if not, it was at least interesting to dive deep into the biblepay code.

Great work Lichtsucher! Glad to have you here.

I'm not sure if you're planning to add some stats but I would be curious to know how many orphan blocks you would be finding with it (if you find any at all).
joelles

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 11:00:25 AM

It is based on python/django, supports all django databases (but transactions might be a problem for some) and is heavily using celery, so matching broker  is required. I tried to port over mpos or another pool like that, but they are overcomplicated for what we want to do and hard to get secure. So a small and simple own software it is.

Ok If can run on Linux I'll open pool
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:12:48 PM

Just wanted te give my own input on what tmc808 said. First I must say you seem to have much experience with the business side of things, and I think that's is something this project could really use. April (from BLOOM (see forum.biblepay.org)) is also someone who has a more PR-orientated view on things. While I think this project shows great promise  from e technical and humanistic point of view, I also think it lacks in exactly the points you highlight.

1. What ideas do you have to revamp the image?

Thank you. I do believe the first thing to be done is stick to the gameplan. In 11 days a marketing campaign is supposed to kick-off that will greatly increase everyone's awareness of the BiblePay system. A full slide-deck should be developed that outlines the short term & long term goals clearly.

See: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/deck-marketing-64930.html

Slide decks are full of infographics and data optimized for "at-a-glance" viewing. BiblePay needs a substantial marketing deck to remove the people who come into the thread and make comments like "cchub" did on February 2nd:

I thought this project was a pure joke, but it looks legit. WTF! Can somebody please explain to me whether it is really legit or only a joke?

Their opinion is certainly valid, too?

Sure, but there are also many people who do not read the original post or dig into things, I agree infographics would help, Slide Deck sounds cool,

The roadmap laid about by Rob has been followed fairly well, but we have been reactive to issues as they pop up (fighting fires),
the roadmap has changed but has not been updated, and Im not sure if any marketing initiative is in the pipeline yet,

There have been constant issues with the Pool Rob has had to deal with, as well as bugs, security commits, etc

Proof of Loyalty (POL) came about to combat the potential botnet mining the coin:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7s3g3y/proof_of_loyalty_staking/

Proof of Distributed Computing (PODC) came about to replace cryptographic puzzle solving with science research:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7uzqlb/proof_of_distributed_computing_cancer_research/

POL is in Testnet, PODC is in development

Before this, this is what Rob said about his next goals:
https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/950051016258543616

So the roadmap is in fluctuation right now.
If anyone is interested to create a slide deck or interested to hire someone to create a slide deck, please jump on it!
Ive added it to the unofficial TODO list

====================================================

I must say that I don't know if sticking to the original roadmap is the best course of action at this point. A lot of unexpected things have popped up since this project was started (see Togo's points). This is nothing strange and part of most startups I guess. I like the idea of creating decks. I think new users must immediately be able to see what this project is about and why they should join. Thomas is going to work on a new website, and with the knowledgeable input of April and you, we might be able to get a really slick website from the marketing point of view.

Of course, the same 'house design' could be used to make the wallet and pool website look really inviting, and some programmers and/or designers could be hired to make this happen.

Code:

3. What things in particular make BiblePay look like a scam?

The Face - The accountability & pool site is akin to a green-screen wireframe graphic. It looks incredibly unprofessional and unrealistic. For some people, this is extremely off-putting. Not trying to be insulting, but I have had several very negative comments from people about the site, who are not otherwise negative. This image is a problem that for whatever reason the BiblePay team is not seeing--but it is there.

Rob knows the design is older looking, I dont think Rob is a designer,
If you know anyone who could help make the pool look better, or if anyone could hire someone to do that, that would be great, anyone want to jump on this?
Ive added it to the unofficial TODO list

I agree with the design of the pool being oldskool: it's functional but took me some getting used to. In the beginning, I also thought it to be a little 'tron-like', but maybe that's the difference between a full-on programmer and a designer.

The Code - The code and pool code work on the client end, but the pool end of it is not functioning for anything outside of the standard BiblePay site. One pool for all? This is a bit of a slip because at the same time people like Slovaks will have the ability to link their CPUs, there are other people without that ability until the tools are released. I understand you don't want the black hats to access the inner workings of the code but good always triumphs in the end. I've read the book, we win. Let's move forward. Occasional hiccups occur and we can all live with that, but this seems more like a very important function that is missing. I'm new to BBP and was shocked to find it was not already functional.

BiblePay has a unique algorithm that doesnt fit into the standard pools that are out there already,
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7m5xqi/need_2nd_pool_again/

We used to have a 2nd pool called MinersOfMen run by nsummy, but Im not sure what happened, I heard it closed down.

And here enters Lichtsucher Smiley Of course, there was MinersOfMen, and Tiras also volunteered to start a pool if really needed, so it's not that there has been no initiative. But I fully agree that we also need a pool that is not run by the sole developer of the coin, also for the public eye.

I also agree with tmc808 that profit shouldn't be on the table right now. Every effort should be directed at making this project grow. Charity should be number one, and never should charity be less than 10%. Al the rest can be open to discussion in my opinion. Since the crypto-world is tanking in value at the moment, every use of a coin should be weighed twice before being spent. And if we can't make the budget or enough progression with the superblock payout, we should start a collection to make things happen. Not for small things. I'm all for organic growth. But if we really need a developer or designer to make this project grow, I think people might have to put in some of our own BBP if they're willing.

That being said, I think maybe we should wait with the PR and listing on a bigger exchange till we have other things in order. In my opinion, we should be working on getting some sort of 'core PR team', who can work together to show a transparant Biblepay to the world. I think April already made some great suggestions on the Biblepay forum.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:24:54 PM

Total hashpower has dropped from 15,5 MHPS to 12,9 MHPS in the latest hours, some big whale has considered BBP mining non profitable any longer, and has jumped off the boat.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:38:27 PM

TOGO  without me this coin would be lost  Wink : pls,check how much ppl mining from SLOVAK REPUBLIC .. .ca 25+   and check how much ppl with 100 machines mining now in leaderboard capulo+daemonko is SVK guys too,+ next ppl ... im mining with 3machines just now+next friends pools guys on SOLO, cos solo gets better results like pool ... in begin im mined with 50 VPS only  Wink ... and give me answer: who mined first 100M for 1month? im jumped to coin when was 102M mined .... of course,you,Rob,tiras,virus and few guys..... i believe that ROB got big amounts of MASTERNODEs

tmc808 you have true with all  Wink  + 100 points

and on CCEX are still that same persons who still buy and sell round and round and price is still going up and down.
 right,its work 1 person

I hate to break it to you Slovakia, but without you we would have been a little further ahead. 

Mining coins from the orphan budget does not advance us - its money you are taking from the budget when you point multiple computers at biblepay.

Biblepays organic growth comes from the hundreds of individual people with 1-3 PC's pointed at Biblepay who talk about us fairly.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:44:56 PM

Anyone who thinks the pool is bad looking is on drugs.

Thats not where our focus is right now- its on proof-of-distributed-computing, first and foremost, as cancer-mining is far more important than greedy miners who want a sleek interface.

Come on, who is buying into this garbage?  One person says "green wireframe" and others believe it?  Are you Christians?
What pool out there even looks better than biblepay?  I stipulate we have the best looking and feature packed pool in existence anywhere.

Does NOMP have insitu callbacks and data driven menus?  Does any pool allow you to see records and drill into data?

Your credibility is close to zero.

Regardless, even if it did look like crap, it still looks better than the pools Ive used with bitcoin in the past, and even if it looked like those, I wouldnt be focusing my efforts on CSS to make it look like the one we have now:  good looking.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:46:35 PM

Total hashpower has dropped from 15,5 MHPS to 12,9 MHPS in the latest hours, some big whale has considered BBP mining non profitable any longer, and has jumped off the boat.

Lets hope the trend continues.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:03:27 PM

The reason we have a budget for compassion of 2.8MM coins is because we promised 10% of our coin emission to go to Approved charities.  Right now that is the amount that pays our 190 orphan recurring expenses.  This sets us apart from other coins.

So, I disagree that 'all coins should go back into reinvestment'.  We are aware of the problems, we dont need some "magic bullet" that you think is going to fix biblepay (as one persons opinion where they exalted themselves over questionable experience is worthless).  We are growing, above all helping those orphans first and not being greedy.  I dont need a template based on classic greedy oligarchy that risks defiling our system.

Regarding putting a bigger stake out of my personal pocket, I think I already did that as I attempted to invest $50k into the top 5 exchanges and got 0 back.  So now I have the right to bill consulting hours back to the coin when we make it big.  And we will make it big. 

Remember we didnt have a premine and I bought bbp along with everyone else at the exact same time, there was no advantage for me. 

I think one feature we need is a 'verified sanctuary' feature where we can see how much weight You have when you make comments - IE Verified Sanctuary owner of 5+ sancs, Verified Sanctuary Owner, Biblepay supporter.  Then we can see the credibility You have based on the stake you have in biblepay and find what weight a comment is worth.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:36:06 PM

bible_pay what do you think,who paid for so waste of electricity? you?  can you answer me of my this marks?

GIVE IS PROOFS!!!!

HOWG

You don't need to be wasting your electric in a greedy way and driving up the diff and taking our orphan money.
We can have 1000 computers who are already plugged in the wall mining biblepay.

Thats your problem.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 03:37:26 PM

If there is anything disrespectful in your post, its deleted.

Otherwise defer to other veterans for the questions.

The reason I know your enemies of Biblepay (and what we do for God), is you had no compassion when I invested in the coin and lost it.  I pray for your souls, to turn back to Jesus.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slavino

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:57:55 PM

this is censored coin

hallelujer  Grin Grin Grin Grin

best funny answers across all BTCTALKFORUM

main enemies is CHINA BOTNETS

amen
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:05:13 PM

this is censored coin

amen
yes,real enemy is botnet

Cookinator5000

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:20:37 PM

I am having issues with my wallet. I haven't received a payment since 1/15. The pool I'm on shows payouts to my address. Is there a blockchain download I can re-download to get my wallet to sync up? I tried to rescan the blockchain
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:48:15 PM

I am having issues with my wallet. I haven't received a payment since 1/15. The pool I'm on shows payouts to my address. Is there a blockchain download I can re-download to get my wallet to sync up? I tried to rescan the blockchain

Bottom half of this has notes on how to clean your wallet:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nmvm8/how_to_update_clean_wallets/

Also I recommend making a backup of your wallet.dat file before doing any cleaning:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7lksp4/backup_walletdat/

startsts

Activity: 1092
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:13:01 PM

You can vote for BiblePay adding into CryptoHub https://cryptohub.online/voting/

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 06:43:48 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 09:36:00 PM by togoshigekata

Just a reminder to anyone who missed this!, We are live on SouthXChange now

Also SouthXchange listed on Markets tab of CoinMarketCap now!:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/#markets

macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 12:38:39 AM

this is censored coin

amen

We get 5-10 blocks a day, we are not Chinese.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 12:51:16 AM

Cancer Mining Update:

Please be ready to test in testnet in 24 hours.

EDIT: Bonus- the cancer miner will also support mining on the android mobile phone if it has an ARM processor.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:01:42 AM

Cancer Mining Update:

Please be ready to test in testnet in 24 hours.

EDIT: Bonus- the cancer miner will also support mining on the android mobile phone if it has an ARM processor.

What does it mean cancer mining?

Edit: Here is a lot of solo miners.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: