Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:39:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 08:13:04 PM

@tmc808: as far as I understand, it's still kinda POW, but instead of generating heat, you're using your cycles to help in the research.

Aside from that, Biblepay is starting with rosetta@home, but is open to other research projects. Research leads to new discoveries, and how there discoveries will be treated is up to us. Sure the findings in cancer research could be used in fields that most would consider ethically wrong, but in my opinion that doesn't mean we should stop trying to cure cancer, it just means its 'part of the game'. Every step is just that: a step. The direction of that step is being made by the whole of humanity, past en present.

Just to add to this,

It will still be CPU mining. We still need PoBH  (PoW) to secure the blockchain (i.e. process transactions etc) so people will still be able to continue to mine as they currently do, just with a smaller piece of the pie.
Additionally, people can use CPU cycles to help Rosetta and will be rewarded. In my naive view it is kind of like pool mining. We all put our cpu resources into Rosetta, and are rewarded proportionally to the work we do.

As for using GPU on Rosetta, from what I have read it is extremely hard to port to GPU, and if it can be done, the advantage is minimal.
In this way I still see BiblePay as a CPU based crypto.

As for the other questions raised, I think this is a wider issue than BiblePay! For example, I work at a secular institution, many decisions are ones that I would not make based on conscience issues. But we are meant to be salt and light, to use a cliche, in the world, but not of the world.

I know this is going to be a difficult decision for some of us, whether to vote for or against this proposal, but I hope we all remember one thing:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35

As we move forward and discuss the proposed changes, please let's all show respect and patience to each other in love.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 09:59:14 PM

by me, cancer mining looks like a fake...no tutorial,no proofs,no in road map,no answers....more ppl on dicords starts talkin about it  Huh

And your comments looks like FUD! Please do a little bit of homework first. There is a site called Google,  ever heard of it? You can search  and find much about the Rosetta project, e.g.  recent publications in New York Times, Science, Nature.

Unfortunately the Rosetta@Home project is far from perfect. While Slovak's point is poorly made, the truth is that it is also known as a massive heat-generating project. It has come under fire whether or not the benefit outweighs the risk. Again it is not proper to ask "Who has a problem with mining for cancer?" I would think no one does. However, the Rosetta@Home project can be linked to energy consequences that despite its good intention is also an environmental offender. I am not sure why BiblePay is uniting with them in an all-or-nothing fashion. Presumably it is being designed as a "shield" to the botnet mining currently underway on the BBP network.

Securing the BBP network and its integrity should be the priority, not "mining for cancer" using an environmentally dubious project like Rosetta@home

I cannot think of a University that has more anti-Christian values than the Cal Berkeley system. BiblePay and Berkeley.edu are not just antithetical but it is a questionable decision to partner with them, in light of everything else Berkeley stands for (no matter how well-intentioned cancer mining can be portrayed as)

I am at a loss here but I hope these thoughts do not get shoved under the "FUD" carpet because these are actual legitimate issues to be weighed in the discussion.

Furthermore, I have personally spent time living in Berkeley, CA so I am not speaking from anything other than first-hand experience. There are spiritual implications of donating BBP cpu cycles to the project. We don't know to what extent those cycles are being used for cancer detection & modeling, vs. how much of that research is ported to Eugenics and epigenetic research. It is a very uncomfortable partnership the more you peel back the layers.

Well, i was reacting against Slovaks statement "cancer mining looks like a fake". For me that looks like FUD,  i am myself participating in the World Community Grid and  involved with the project "Help researchers smash childhood cancer", so i know distributed computer processing to contribute to cancer research is for real, and is already connected to some crypto's like Curecoin and Gridcoin,  so it is not fake. You have arguments  of a different order,  for me worth to study more carefully.

I couldnt agree more.

Use your head guys.

This is what Jesus would be doing - donating clock cycles, not acting out of greed.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
aikida3k

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:07:32 PM

@tmc808: as far as I understand, it's still kinda POW, but instead of generating heat, you're using your cycles to help in the research.

Aside from that, Biblepay is starting with rosetta@home, but is open to other research projects. Research leads to new discoveries, and how there discoveries will be treated is up to us. Sure the findings in cancer research could be used in fields that most would consider ethically wrong, but in my opinion that doesn't mean we should stop trying to cure cancer, it just means its 'part of the game'. Every step is just that: a step. The direction of that step is being made by the whole of humanity, past en present.

Just to add to this,

It will still be CPU mining. We still need PoBH  (PoW) to secure the blockchain (i.e. process transactions etc) so people will still be able to continue to mine as they currently do, just with a smaller piece of the pie.
Additionally, people can use CPU cycles to help Rosetta and will be rewarded. In my naive view it is kind of like pool mining. We all put our cpu resources into Rosetta, and are rewarded proportionally to the work we do.

As for using GPU on Rosetta, from what I have read it is extremely hard to port to GPU, and if it can be done, the advantage is minimal.

As for the other questions raised, I think this is a wider issue than BiblePay! For example, I work at a secular institution, many decisions are ones that I would not make based on conscience issues. But we are meant to be salt and light, to use a cliche, in the world, but not of the world.

I know this is going to be a difficult decision for some of us, whether to vote for or against this proposal, but I hope we all remember one thing:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another. John 13:34-35

As we move forward and discuss the proposed changes, please let's all show respect and patience to each other in love.

What I don't see is what prevents the botnet from deploying Rosetta when that time comes.  Isn't that what you would do if you were running the botnet?  Try to deploy Rosetta and still collect rewards based on the work?  That is not necessarily a bad thing as it ultimately helps the project, but if one of the goals is getting rid of the botnet, I don't see how that is accomplished.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 10:15:39 PM

Just to add to this,

What I don't see is what prevents the botnet from deploying Rosetta when that time comes.  Isn't that what you would do if you were running the botnet?  Try to deploy Rosetta and still collect rewards based on the work?  That is not necessarily a bad thing as it ultimately helps the project, but if one of the goals is getting rid of the botnet, I don't see how that is accomplished.

I had a friend stop in this morning and I answered that exact question with 100% certainty.
Heat mining pays 90% less (than now) and PODC pays 90% more (for the same amount of work on linux or windows).

The answer is certain:  The botnet will either be rosetta mining or not mining.

If they are rosetta mining, thats great!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
joelles

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:38:10 PM

Okay 5 spots left for shared MN, so half full. Pm me if interested either here or discord. Price is 155k per spot for 9.9% share of MN rest is for hosting expenses
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:06:32 AM

Relationship between protein and cancer:

Animal research, published in the journal Nature, showed breast tumours struggled without the dietary nutrient asparagine.

It is found in favorite asparagus, as well as poultry, seafood and many other foods.

In the future, scientists hope to take advantage of cancer's "culinary addictions" to improve treatment.

Asparagine is an amino acid - a building block of protein - and takes its name from asparagus.

This explains why protein folding could potentially lead to a protein that slows or stops cancer.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:57:43 AM

How to give to Venezuelans in Need:

https://www.cuatroporvenezuela.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Cuatro-Year-End-Report.pdf?mc_cid=b581b77d60&mc_eid=b7d98f6037

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 02:34:03 AM

If anyone is interested in meeting one of our sponsored children please read this guide:

http://forms.compassion.com/sponsor-trips/Plan-Your-Trip-Guide-Booklet.pdf

It would be really cool if we could set up a Biblepay field trip some day and visit one of these countries (see page 15) - looks like Compassion has regular groups traveling to each country!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Freebish86

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:40:08 AM

Any know how to get CPU usage down on Vultr VPS service when running BBP wallets, they have limited my instances due to excess CPU usage. Do I need to decrease genprolimit to 1 when running BBP wallet to get <100% CPU usage.
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 04:36:19 AM

Any know how to get CPU usage down on Vultr VPS service when running BBP wallets, they have limited my instances due to excess CPU usage. Do I need to decrease genprolimit to 1 when running BBP wallet to get <100% CPU usage.

You can try but when I tried it it was still ~98% or so.

slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:51:26 AM

by me, cancer mining looks like a fake...no tutorial,no proofs,no in road map,no answers....more ppl on dicords starts talkin about it  Huh

And your comments looks like FUD! Please do a little bit of homework first. There is a site called Google,  ever heard of it? You can search  and find much about the Rosetta project, e.g.  recent publications in New York Times, Science, Nature.
im talking about bbp, no rosetta.... omg  Roll Eyes  .. check roadmap where we had plan and way ... do you see any info about cancermining? NOOOOOOOOO

joelles

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:47:19 AM

If anyone is interested in meeting one of our sponsored children please read this guide:

http://forms.compassion.com/sponsor-trips/Plan-Your-Trip-Guide-Booklet.pdf

It would be really cool if we could set up a Biblepay field trip some day and visit one of these countries (see page 15) - looks like Compassion has regular groups traveling to each country!

I'm in Lima in 2 weeks, sadly no trips there by that time.

P.S: Rob, I've read about HDD plotting for mining, wouldn't that be a way to stop the botnet also? instead of using so much power for the cancer mining? Don't know if that can  be implemented alongside the CPU mining
tmc808

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:05:51 AM

biblepay-cli setgenerate false 0

or inside the wallet debug console:

setgenerate false 0

That should stop all mining, but allow the wallet to run.

joelles

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:02:29 AM

Only 4 spots out of 10 left for the shared masternode! 9.9% payment per spot, 1% of total goes to paying for the hosting! Pm me 155k bbp per spot
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:26:02 PM

SouthXchange is exchange without Volume.

At the very least we just need an exchange where everyone can buy and sell,
C-CEX is live with us but still has new user registration disabled,
CoinsMarkets is still down

Togo thats very relative. You will be not able to sell because there will be no buyers and you will not buy because there will be not sellers without bigger daily volumes. List to this exchange is useless from traders point of view.

There are a lot of people who to buy but currently cant, and there are a lot of miners who want to sell to pay their monthly server costs.
Ive seen both sets of people in the forums, reddit and discord. Im not sure what you are trying to say.

What would you advise as the course of action?

I agree with Togo, I am receiving 5 emails per day (some days) from investors who cant buy BBP because they cannot become a new user at ccex.  If there is truly a demand for BBP, they these users may fuel the impetus to make BBP a higher volume crypto on Southexchange because they will make their own market, as long as southxchange is a reliable exchange.

As I said. Daily BBP volume on SouthXchange is cca. 200 USD. Useless.
mr.oz

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 12:46:06 PM

what about bittrex, binance or at least cyryptopia  Roll Eyes Is it really hard to join that exchanges. What are they needed to add any coin?
joelles

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:09:51 PM

what about bittrex, binance or at least cyryptopia  Roll Eyes Is it really hard to join that exchanges. What are they needed to add any coin?
I think 10-15btc listing fee
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:27:35 PM

$50,000 down plus 350 coin waiting list, plus no return emails even if you have the $50k

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 01:30:42 PM

This message is primarily for Testnet:

Those testing proof-of-dc in testnet have been waiting for the windows build.

Windows 1.0.8.8 has been released.  This build not for Prod, so please dont upgrade in Prod unless you have a Sanctuary on 1088.

If you have already upgraded a sanctuary to 1.0.8.8, you will then need the windows 1.0.8.8 to start it (hence the reason I mention it), as 1.0.8.8 has an incremented Sanctuary protocol version (70716).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slavino

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 01:59:51 PM

by me, cancer mining looks like a fake...no tutorial,no proofs,no in road map,no answers....more ppl on dicords starts talkin about it  Huh

And your comments looks like FUD! Please do a little bit of homework first. There is a site called Google,  ever heard of it? You can search  and find much about the Rosetta project, e.g.  recent publications in New York Times, Science, Nature.

Unfortunately the Rosetta@Home project is far from perfect. While Slovak's point is poorly made, the truth is that it is also known as a massive heat-generating project. It has come under fire whether or not the benefit outweighs the risk. Again it is not proper to ask "Who has a problem with mining for cancer?" I would think no one does. However, the Rosetta@Home project can be linked to energy consequences that despite its good intention is also an environmental offender. I am not sure why BiblePay is uniting with them in an all-or-nothing fashion. Presumably it is being designed as a "shield" to the botnet mining currently underway on the BBP network.

Securing the BBP network and its integrity should be the priority, not "mining for cancer" using an environmentally dubious project like Rosetta@home

I cannot think of a University that has more anti-Christian values than the Cal Berkeley system. BiblePay and Berkeley.edu are not just antithetical but it is a questionable decision to partner with them, in light of everything else Berkeley stands for (no matter how well-intentioned cancer mining can be portrayed as)

I am at a loss here but I hope these thoughts do not get shoved under the "FUD" carpet because these are actual legitimate issues to be weighed in the discussion.

Furthermore, I have personally spent time living in Berkeley, CA so I am not speaking from anything other than first-hand experience. There are spiritual implications of donating BBP cpu cycles to the project. We don't know to what extent those cycles are being used for cancer detection & modeling, vs. how much of that research is ported to Eugenics and epigenetic research. It is a very uncomfortable partnership the more you peel back the layers.

Well, i was reacting against Slovaks statement "cancer mining looks like a fake". For me that looks like FUD,  i am myself participating in the World Community Grid and  involved with the project "Help researchers smash childhood cancer", so i know distributed computer processing to contribute to cancer research is for real, and is already connected to some crypto's like Curecoin and Gridcoin,  so it is not fake. You have arguments  of a different order,  for me worth to study more carefully.
i like this newbie accounts ... hahaha...

SVK NOKO total useless

ROBERTOS: why we are still on 150 blocks daily?... your information is still contradictory

SPARSK1956:  this rosettaproject.com? < 200 visitors per day  Roll Eyes  that web is dead ofc

@bible_pay any information about cancer mining? in roadmap missing all infos
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: