Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:31:23 AM

Cancer Mining Update:

Please be ready to test in testnet in 24 hours.

EDIT: Bonus- the cancer miner will also support mining on the android mobile phone if it has an ARM processor.

What does it mean cancer mining?

Edit: Here is a lot of solo miners.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7uzqlb/proof_of_distributed_computing_cancer_research/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fearoflemmings

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:40:37 AM

I am so confused. I am a 'newbie' here, so take this for what you will but.. this distributed cancer research, while indeed a noble and Christian endeavor, strays from the central focus of BiblePay.

Actually, maybe take my comments as a newbie, I assume other new folks to this coin may think the same, because seeing such a radical shift of focus makes no sense, and makes me really sad for the future of BiblePay. The coin needs a solid wallet and mining that can withstand the botnet. Shouldn't Proof-of-Loyalty be the primary focus?

Also shouldn't there be a vote or some sort of governance direct the coin toward cancer research? How could it possibly be added before POL is in production?

I put my modest resources toward mining BiblePay and have been actively watching this thread and Reddit and Discord. Stability of the coin has to come first. My very, humble opinion.
aikida3k

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:45:25 AM

I saw the post about the cosmetic criticism of biblepay.  I don't have a problem with the way any part of biblepay looks and I don't think that is holding back adoption at all.  I do have an observation, however (not a criticism as I don't know how to fix it).  I think if the block times were more consistent, we would have more traction getting on bigger exchanges like  bittrex.  I don't know for sure, but they do evaluate the consistency of block times:

"Coins which do not adhere to their target block times."

Bittrex Market Removal Policy
Bill
July 28, 2014 00:30
FOLLOW
We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to crypto-currency technology, or a contribution to science and humanity. We believe in aggressively taking chances on coins and letting the free market sort out which coins should thrive.

Bittrex reserves the right to keep or remove any market from its exchange.

Markets which are more eligible for removal include but are not limited to:

Markets with less than 0.5 BTC (or equivalent) of average daily volume over a 7 day period and have been on Bittrex for 4 weeks or more.
Markets that consistency dip below the minimum volume requirement.
Markets with 0 daily volume.
Markets with low liquidity. Less that 15 BTC on the Buy side of the order book for Bitcoin markets.
Coins with no developer support or public developments.
Coins without working blockchains.
Coins which do not adhere to their target block times.
Coins with weak blockchain security. e.g. Low hash rates which can be exploited.
Coins which violate our policies.
Coins which have compliance issues.
If a market is removed, you will have 14 days to remove your coins from our wallets.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:02:50 AM

I am so confused. I am a 'newbie' here, so take this for what you will but.. this distributed cancer research, while indeed a noble and Christian endeavor, strays from the central focus of BiblePay.

Actually, maybe take my comments as a newbie, I assume other new folks to this coin may think the same, because seeing such a radical shift of focus makes no sense, and makes me really sad for the future of BiblePay. The coin needs a solid wallet and mining that can withstand the botnet. Shouldn't Proof-of-Loyalty be the primary focus?

Also shouldn't there be a vote or some sort of governance direct the coin toward cancer research? How could it possibly be added before POL is in production?

I put my modest resources toward mining BiblePay and have been actively watching this thread and Reddit and Discord. Stability of the coin has to come first. My very, humble opinion.
I think being more aligned with Jesus should be our central focus - Jesus heals.  I would rather have a cancer miner out there than a heat miner.

Whats the problem with cancer mining?  Would you not want to help cure cancer instead of create heat?

Cancer mining adds one more facet to Biblepay that not only provides intrinsic value, but makes us a compassionate gem.

Intrinsic value is what may propel biblepay to the top 100.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 02:35:08 AM

I saw the post about the cosmetic criticism of biblepay.  I don't have a problem with the way any part of biblepay looks and I don't think that is holding back adoption at all.  I do have an observation, however (not a criticism as I don't know how to fix it).  I think if the block times were more consistent, we would have more traction getting on bigger exchanges like  bittrex.  I don't know for sure, but they do evaluate the consistency of block times:

Bill
FOLLOW
We look for coins that have high community demand, innovations to crypto-currency technology, or a contribution to science and humanity. We believe in aggressively taking chances on coins and letting the free market sort out which coins should thrive.

Markets with less than 0.5 BTC (or equivalent) of average daily volume over a 7 day period and have been on Bittrex for 4 weeks or more.
Markets with low liquidity. Less that 15 BTC on the Buy side of the order book for Bitcoin markets.
Coins with weak blockchain security. e.g. Low hash rates which can be exploited.
If a market is removed, you will have 14 days to remove your coins from our wallets.

Weve got the fix for that in testnet now, and I believe this will be released end of 1st quarter (thats March 31, 2018).

I don't think we have anything to worry about with Bittrex as they will probably wait until we have working distributed computing before listing us anyway.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:37:37 AM

"Count it all joy my brothers when you meet trials of various kinds. For you know that the testing of your faith produces patience. And let patience have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete lacking in nothing."
- James 1:2-4
tmc808

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:47:54 AM

Bill
FOLLOW

Weve got the fix for that in testnet now, and I believe this will be released end of 1st quarter (thats March 31, 2018).

I don't think we have anything to worry about with Bittrex as they will probably wait until we have working distributed computing before listing us anyway.

I have tons of infrastructure I can throw at the problem. Not only that, but I don't mind devoting some CPU cycles to testing since I've been a systems reliability engineer most of my life, I understand the value of good testing.

Some background on me:

Being in tech for 20 years, I have mainly been self-employed running a business as a service provider. I started hosting websites on linux-based platform since 1998 and eventually owned & operated a Windows-based content management system as well providing hosting on those two platforms (and more!). These skills as a sysadmin should come in handy somewhere on the BiblePay project!! Please let me know where I can be of help.

joelles

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:20:37 AM

Cancer Mining Update:

EDIT: Bonus- the cancer miner will also support mining on the android mobile phone if it has an ARM processor.

let me know, im picking up 4 servers on thursday, can throw one in testnet
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:15:06 PM

i agree with cancer mining too: im join to testnet but ...

ROB will be any chances with mining blocks,MNs,10% to orphans, PoBh?more ppl is confused how it will be work:  thanks

and ROB : who is owner of 10% PT/IT/P2P= working on proposal governance system from MN voting? can we use this for hire webcoder,mobile wallet coder etc? thanks

SEO_account
have any exp with mobile wallet? thanks

zthomasz

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:21:24 PM

Questions from a newb bbp-miner on the pool
It says: "Auto-Withdraws will be required after block 26100, please set up the feature [...]"

Why is it that you require auto-withdrawals now?
Where is the setting for the auto-withdrawal-threshold?
Where can I read the rules about the auto-withdrawal (threshold)?

I'm missing a complete info on that matter on the pool site, it should be transparently readable there.

Thanks for the hard work, don't let the haters/fuders be in a position that upsets you, take all the time you need and it's stupidly incredible that people want this coin listed on major exchanges now, it needs more time.

Yes, I mostly agree .. BBP isn't ready for a major exchange yet. However it can take months and cost tens of thousands of USD to get listed on a major exchange ... IF they will even consider your coin. It makes sense to begin inquiring, establishing contacts and to start raising the listing fee funds so we can be ready months from now. Being prepared with cash in your pocket is incredibly wise.
zthomasz

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:06:37 PM

Cancer Mining Update:

I'd like to help ... will someone with testnet experience please post guidance for linux ... thanks in advance.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:06:54 PM

who is owner of 10% PT/IT/P2P= working on proposal governance system from MN voting? can we use this for hire webcoder,mobile wallet coder etc? thanks

No one owns the budget, its up to the community to create budget proposals and its up to sanctuaries (masternodes) to vote on proposals.
Anyone can create a proposal, it can be to propose a yes/no question, it can be to propose work, etc

Understanding the Governance and Budget System
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/8585240/Understanding+the+Governance+and+Budget+System

How to Submit a Proposal?
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#SUBMIT_PROPOSAL

slovakia

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:11:26 PM

and POS/POL testing is dead or?  we started something and ?

TOGO: exists tutorial for CancerMining? thanks

and hashrate is niiice 16,258 MH/s

SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:13:01 PM

i agree with cancer mining too: im join to testnet but ...

ROB will be any chances with mining blocks,MNs,10% to orphans, PoBh?more ppl is confused how it will be work:  thanks

and ROB : who is owner of 10% PT/IT/P2P= working on proposal governance system from MN voting? can we use this for hire webcoder,mobile wallet coder etc? thanks

SEO_account
have any exp with mobile wallet? thanks

No experience with mobile wallet.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:14:15 PM

Cancer Mining Update:

I'd like to help ... will someone with testnet experience please post guidance for linux ... thanks in advance.

BiblePay Forum - Testnet Section:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=3.0

"You may start your client in testnet by adding the "-testnet" suffix." ./biblepayd -testnet

In your biblepay.conf file, you can also add:  testnet=1

When setting up a sanctuary (masternode) in testnet, also be aware that the port number is different, I think 40001 for testnet (vs 40000 for main/production)
and Watchman also has to be set to testnet in its config watchman.conf, have to uncomment network=testnet and comment network=mainnet
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Masternode#BiblePay_Sanctuaries_Setup_-_Linux_Server

If you need test BBP coins (tBBP), just ask in the forums and someone will send you some

slovakia

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:33:25 PM

TOGO: he wants to test cancer mining, no masternode+pos
SEO_Account pity  Lips sealed

616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:42:25 PM

Welcome to the group.  The idea of Cancer Research is it could enable the coin to do two things.  1) Do something good with all those "wasted" computer cycles and 2) Combined with PoL could severely reduce the effect of the potential botnet.

So, right now the coin is being destabilized by a huge hash from a suspected botnet.  Since no one has said, "Hey, no that's me, I'm running a data center to mine since I love your coin" it stands to reason that it is a botnet.  So the issue is no one has been able to solve the problem of a botnet prior to now.  The solution that has been proposed is PoL which is a hybrid of PoW/PoS Mining.  In theory it should put a dent in the botnet, but will likely also raise the bar for new users.  So the secondary solution is to merge the Proof of Research into the mix which has the above upsides and an potential increased resistance to botnets, without as significant of an impact on new users.

You are correct that there needs to be more governance but short of anyone else offering to do heavy coding for next to nothing, you're not likely to see it.  The only thing that will likely signal that the cancer research part is unwanted is if the proposal to pay for the work failed.  But in a perfect world, it likely should have been proposed first then coded.  The upside is PoL is currently being tested, and so it will likely be implemented first or perhaps held back to wait for the Proof of Research element if it's moving forward at a good pace.

Stability in a new coin is tough, but we've not had any mandatory upgrades in about a month so we're on the right track.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Freebish86

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:26:09 PM

Want an opportunity to be a part of a BBP  masternode. Cost a lot to own your first masternode, so why not decrease the risk and share the MN rewards with others. This can help create trust within the community and spread the wide acceptance of BBP coin. I have been participating in many of Casey Watkins masternode seats and he is willing to start a BBP MN for willing participants. Now is your chance to be a part of a BBP masternode and watch this coin grow!!!

```BIBLEPAY MASTERNODE```

Please Do Your Own Research

# MasterNode will split into 10 seats of 155,001 coins each
#https://m.facebook.com/CaseyWatkinsCryptocurrency/posts
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCS8w74Jt8A8a_uK-4kvrZlQ
# You can buy multiple seats
# Always send from local wallet and not the exchange
# Payouts are weekly (Wednesdays)
# 4% of total MN earnings are taken as service fee to cover the costs, paid to Casey Watkins
# MasterNode are a long term investment

***Seats:***
1.  Freebish86
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 07:34:46 PM

Cancer Mining Update:

let me know, im picking up 4 servers on thursday, can throw one in testnet

The Distributed Computing feature is a breakthrough.  According to our security consultant Martin, (he has a cryptocurrency class at Ruhr), the current problem with the security in DC networks is the inability to associate the researcher securely with the Crypto Public Key.

In BiblePay, this is fixed.  The other issue is, it is a challenge to pull the distributed computing grid credits from the servers, and find a way to consolidate the credits into a file, and then vote on this file as a SanctuaryQuorum, securely, and with consensus each day.

In Biblepay, this is fixed.

We might be the First to securely implement distributed cancer computing.  Ill let the masses decide.

Cancer Computing will be ready in testnet in 4 hours.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 07:45:07 PM

Cancer Mining Update:

What does it mean cancer mining?

Edit: Here is a lot of solo miners.

The potential future of Biblepay mining:

POW-heat miners will decommission instances of BBP
Rosetta cancer research (for windows or linux) is installed on N number of servers - *without* a copy of biblepay being on that server
Cancer research is also installed on Android phones
Cancer research is also installed on Windows PCs
ONE copy of biblepay is installed on the "controller" wallet
* Optionally, cancer research is installed on Sanctuaries to run in the background
Each cancer instance will have one setting: called your cross-project-identifier (its a uint256 hash) this ties all your machines together for rewards.

Biblepay then moves 95% of the  POW heat generated rewards over to the DC (distributed-computing) side
Your payments are automatically dropped to your controller wallet once per day (even if wallet is locked)
Scalability is unlimited in this scenario, we support over 32767*4 users in first 5 years of being live
We will target the entire Rosetta server farm also, to become biblepay users

To squeeze out the botnet:  POW-heat rewards drop 95% - therefore they leave

We then take back our network.

Another win:  Proof-of-biblehash stays, and is used on the controller wallet for block security.

Another win:  New consensus is Proof-of-distributed-computing + Proof-of-Biblehash

I will create wiki pages for all this, we will test it in testnet, then once the design is no longer changing, we will vote on it before it can be considered for production.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: