Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243128 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
tmc808

Activity: 25
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:33:33 PM

@virus what kind od xeons?

Dual X5650 (genproclimit=20)
Two E3-1270 (ech genproclimit=1)

But I use my own version of miner.
I have pulled changes to github https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/pull/8

You can clone it from https://github.com/svirusxxx/biblepay

Donation can be send at BLz3cLnpLAg1roBZAqSwAFKsjtMYTVVsqn Wink

Svirusxxx2 ,  is your  version compatible ?     I tried it but got

Code:
: Error loading block database.

Do you want to rebuild the block database now?

Flushing blocks,  chainstate ,  database  didn't help .  can't t synchronize blockchain

Yes, I'am mining in solo few blocks in week.
Gcc 6.3.0 .

When cloning your master I also got incompatible chaindata and had to start chaindata from scratch. Also when running, error log fills with "Misbehaving Peers"

hmm... strange, couse I only change hash table, and I don't change anything inside
So any value in hash table must be same.

I will update my version to master, and make push request one more time.

I dont see any commits on your github. Was this ever finished?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sharpshot

Activity: 250
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:44:50 PM

C`ant believe you ppl still mine this...
I just mine in the background on my PC or laptop.  There's the occasional problem but I've found it easier to get coins than with most others I've tried.  It's a shame there's not a decent exchange yet but it's still early days.  I can never understand the negativity, doesn't put me off at all.

I'm curious about what you mean by "It's a shame there's not a decent exchange yet ..." As of Feb 1st BBP is now listed with SouthXchange, which by typical exchange standards is much more than just decent. SouthXchange is an excellent fit for BiblePay at this stage of the project. You may want to check it out.
I hadn't noticed, hopefully an improvement but still a very small exchange.  Perhaps it will grow but there's a lot of big exchanges with huge volume, they're the ones I'd like to see BBP on.  I do know that's not going to be easy and I don't mind keeping my coins in a wallet until it happens.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:01:33 PM

I just mine in the background on my PC or laptop.  There's the occasional problem but I've found it easier to get coins than with most others I've tried.  It's a shame there's not a decent exchange yet but it's still early days.  I can never understand the negativity, doesn't put me off at all.

I'm curious about what you mean by "It's a shame there's not a decent exchange yet ..." As of Feb 1st BBP is now listed with SouthXchange, which by typical exchange standards is much more than just decent. SouthXchange is an excellent fit for BiblePay at this stage of the project. You may want to check it out.
I hadn't noticed, hopefully an improvement but still a very small exchange.  Perhaps it will grow but there's a lot of big exchanges with huge volume, they're the ones I'd like to see BBP on.  I do know that's not going to be easy and I don't mind keeping my coins in a wallet until it happens.

Yes I agree, it would be nice to be listed on a major exchange. Maybe you can contact one the major exchanges like GDAX to see what's involved in their listing process. Just PM me when you get that info and I'll help you raise the listing fee via donation/loans. Thanks sharpshot!
tmc808

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:41:42 PM
Merited by inblue (1)

Yes I agree, it would be nice to be listed on a major exchange. Maybe you can contact one the major exchanges like GDAX to see what's involved in their listing process. Just PM me when you get that info and I'll help you raise the listing fee via donation/loans. Thanks sharpshot!

Before listing on something like GDAX - I would strongly advise the team at BiblePay to re-vamp the coin's image. Recently, users on this thread have come out of nowhere and said BiblePay looks like a scam. While presenting it to others in my sphere - I also received the same feedback. Those are two completely unrelated sources telling you the same thing... there is a serious issue of public trust here.

In 2016, the present roadmap would be sufficient for huuuge coin performance. Unfortunately it is 2018, and with everyone and their family creating a blockchain "product", being listed on exchanges should be about more than raising funds. It should be able presenting an idea that the public can noticeably "feel". The marketing efforts slated to kick off (according to BBP roadmap) starts on 02/15. I sure hope there is artwork & media coming down into the pipeline. If not, hire someone IMMEDIATELY and PAY THEM to do it (PLEASE no volunteer positions for critical blockchain tasks in 2018, the current C++ want ad reads like a missing child poster- it is sad)

I hope you see the sarcasm mixed with the "constructive" criticism here. While I would love for BBP to succeed, there is more than just being listed. In fact, being listed where the project is currently sitting is probably setting the project back. Instead, the funds should be used to hire critical staff to complete the tasks Rob is presently buried under. Nothing can be more important than getting more people -- even if you have to pay them.

orbis

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:49:44 PM

IMHO the problem is, that most of BBP volume is still on CCEX, and CCEX has closed registration. You cannot buy bigger amount of BBP on southxchange without big price rise. And of course you didn't buy it, because you see, that you can buy a lot more BBP with smaller price on CCEX... so you are waiting and don't buying... and on CCEX are still that same persons who still buy and sell round and round and price is still going up and down.
noloco

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:59:47 PM

IMHO the problem is, that most of BBP volume is still on CCEX, and CCEX has closed registration. You cannot buy bigger amount of BBP on southxchange without big price rise. And of course you didn't buy it, because you see, that you can buy a lot more BBP with smaller price on CCEX... so you are waiting and don't buying... and on CCEX are still that same persons who still buy and sell round and round and price is still going up and down.

With last drama in small exchanges getting hacked, having bugs and blocking deposits and withdrawals it is normal nobody wants to risk to deposit big amounts of coins to trade.

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:01:57 PM

I would love to work with you on this. Unlike some people, at least I will contribute & share my findings with the community. Could you reach out to me via Slack? I PM'd ya days ago and have been awaiting a response. Thanks!

I dont have any PMs.   Please PM me with the nature of the request in detail, before attempting to speak on slack.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:15:06 PM

Before listing on something like GDAX - I would strongly advise the team at BiblePay to re-vamp the coin's image. Recently, users on this thread have come out of nowhere and said BiblePay looks like a scam. While presenting it to others in my sphere - I also received the same feedback. Those are two completely unrelated sources telling you the same thing... there is a serious issue of public trust here.

In 2016, the present roadmap would be sufficient for huuuge coin performance. Unfortunately it is 2018, and with everyone and their family creating a blockchain "product", being listed on exchanges should be about more than raising funds. It should be able presenting an idea that the public can noticeably "feel". The marketing efforts slated to kick off (according to BBP roadmap) starts on 02/15. I sure hope there is artwork & media coming down into the pipeline. If not, hire someone IMMEDIATELY and PAY THEM to do it (PLEASE no volunteer positions for critical blockchain tasks in 2018, the current C++ want ad reads like a missing child poster- it is sad)

I hope you see the sarcasm mixed with the "constructive" criticism here. While I would love for BBP to succeed, there is more than just being listed. In fact, being listed where the project is currently sitting is probably setting the project back. Instead, the funds should be used to hire critical staff to complete the tasks Rob is presently buried under. Nothing can be more important than getting more people -- even if you have to pay them.

Excellent thoughts, merited. This is exactly what I think is the missing puzzle piece for BiblePay to grow to the next level. I couldn't have expressed it better myself.

Even though this may sound illogical, I firmly believe that design is more important than tech, especially so if the target audience are Christians who are not very tech-savvy. Making the wallet look aesthetically pleasing and easy to use via GUI, without ever having to go something like the "debug console", will do wonders. It's been ages (in crypto time) when there's been some discussion about hiring a Qt wallet designer, which I understand has been deprioritized because of the plans to go with the Stratis platform, which would bring a new look on the table, but since that's been pushed to almost a year from now, maybe we should go back to the idea of redesigning the current Qt wallet? Because I can't really see this current wallet design make a breakthrough in the year to come.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:31:03 PM

Excellent thoughts, merited. This is exactly what I think is the missing puzzle piece for BiblePay to grow to the next level. I couldn't have expressed it better myself.

Even though this may sound illogical, I firmly believe that design is more important than tech, especially so if the target audience are Christians who are not very tech-savvy. Making the wallet look aesthetically pleasing and easy to use via GUI, without ever having to go something like the "debug console", will do wonders. It's been ages (in crypto time) when there's been some discussion about hiring a Qt wallet designer, which I understand has been deprioritized because of the plans to go with the Stratis platform, which would bring a new look on the table, but since that's been pushed to almost a year from now, maybe we should go back to the idea of redesigning the current Qt wallet? Because I can't really see this current wallet design make a breakthrough in the year to come.

The problem with this original assessment is that a pretty facade, like an apple iphone, or a pig with makeup is something that should be sold to valuable investors without any intrinsic value is flawed.  The iPhone I argue actually *has* a lot of intrinsic value because they were the first to make it easy to perform certain functions, like typing on glass, voice texts all that.

The distributed computing cancer research system *changes* the core, adds moving parts, and adds intrinsic value.

The proper thing to do with Biblepay is focus on making it run well under the hood first and then we will fix the cosmetic issues and sell it to the investors.

We are not in the PR phase yet.  We are fixing the engine right now and we just cut the muffler off the bottom of the car.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:00:07 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 10:22:45 PM by togoshigekata

1. What ideas do you have to revamp the image?

2. On the topic of being a scam, there are a couple users who are sadly specifically targeting the project wanting it to fail adrianbits, coinpimp321, and they created scam threads, and then there is slovakia who constantly badmouths the coin and throws the word scam around but yet keeps mining it with his 100+ machines

3. What things in particular make BiblePay look like a scam?
Anyone can call Compassion to confirm sponsored Orphans: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7dtwx8/compassion_charity_accountability/
The code and pool code are open-source
Proposal system is live and anyone can propose work and be funded

4. Marketing/Artwork/Media
What ideas do you have for this?

5. What feedback do you have on the C++ Blockchain Developer Ad?
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7ph4k8/hiring_c_developer/

6. We dont have much money to pay for work, yet, We've only had 1 budget cycle so far and the next one ends in 2 weeks,
about 5.7 million BiblePay in this cycle and probably 3.8 million will go to Charity, we were rejected by one good dev who wanted $70/hour, we only have enough budget to support a dev at $35/hour, non-dev wise there also arent many people proposing work either

7. Are you interested to propose work?
Proposals: http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=5.0
How to Submit a Proposal: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2#SUBMIT_PROPOSAL
Unofficial TODO List: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7v0pxz/todo_list/

We could use all the help we can get! Smiley

==================

If anyone would like to jump on finding a Wallet Designer please do!
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/75hkkw/looking_for_wallet_designer/

616west ran the logo contest
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7asnaa/new_coin_logo_zip_of_images/
https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Biblepay-Cryptocurrency-New-Logo-1157004.html
He only got donated back half of what he paid for it
616westwarmoth Donation Address: BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG

==================

The problem with this original assessment is that a pretty facade, like an apple iphone, or a pig with makeup is something that should be sold to valuable investors without any intrinsic value is flawed.  The iPhone I argue actually *has* a lot of intrinsic value because they were the first to make it easy to perform certain functions, like typing on glass, voice texts all that.

The distributed computing cancer research system *changes* the core, adds moving parts, and adds intrinsic value.

The proper thing to do with Biblepay is focus on making it run well under the hood first and then we will fix the cosmetic issues and sell it to the investors.

We are not in the PR phase yet.  We are fixing the engine right now and we just cut the muffler off the bottom of the car.

This x100, BiblePay may not look sleek, but it has great features and new features in development:

==

- 10% of coins go to Charity - Already sponsoring 180+ Orphans Monthly
- Proof of BibleHash (PoBH) - ASIC-Resistant, CPU Mining only, All Nodes are Full Nodes

- Orphan Letter Writing
- Gospel Link Rewards
- Ecommerce Store

- Decentralized Masternode Governance, 10% IT/PR/P2P budget, InstantSend, PrivateSend

==
In Development:

- Proof of Loyalty - Staking
- Proof of Distributed Computing - Cancer Research
- Retirement Coins
- BiblePay University

- New Website - http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=101.0

tmc808

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 12:43:58 AM

Thank you. I do believe the first thing to be done is stick to the gameplan. In 11 days a marketing campaign is supposed to kick-off that will greatly increase everyone's awareness of the BiblePay system. A full slide-deck should be developed that outlines the short term & long term goals clearly.

See: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/deck-marketing-64930.html

Slide decks are full of infographics and data optimized for "at-a-glance" viewing. BiblePay needs a substantial marketing deck to remove the people who come into the thread and make comments like "cchub" did on February 2nd:

I thought this project was a pure joke, but it looks legit. WTF! Can somebody please explain to me whether it is really legit or only a joke?

Their opinion is certainly valid, too?

Code:

Three things:

The Face - The accountability & pool site is akin to a green-screen wireframe graphic. It looks incredibly unprofessional and unrealistic. For some people, this is extremely off-putting. Not trying to be insulting, but I have had several very negative comments from people about the site, who are not otherwise negative. This image is a problem that for whatever reason the BiblePay team is not seeing--but it is there.

The Code - The code and pool code work on the client end, but the pool end of it is not functioning for anything outside of the standard BiblePay site. One pool for all? This is a bit of a slip because at the same time people like Slovaks will have the ability to link their CPUs, there are other people without that ability until the tools are released. I understand you don't want the black hats to access the inner workings of the code but good always triumphs in the end. I've read the book, we win. Let's move forward. Occasional hiccups occur and we can all live with that, but this seems more like a very important function that is missing. I'm new to BBP and was shocked to find it was not already functional.

The One Man Show - Rob should be actively finding his replacement for duplication/multiplication of his efforts. One person cannot fight the front lines in a forum thread with trash talkers, while building the next best thing in the lab. They are the ones who should be inspiring people to lead & rally to the cause but too often he is engaging people in fisticuffs, defending his work zealously. Not necessary. He has all of us to do that for him. Rob should be above all that.

Code:

I feel this needs to be a paid position. One that warrants getting together with your investors / masternode owners and even one more important benefactor: the lead dev. Everyone should discuss the hire plan immediately. They should be the first official employee of BiblePay. Also, the lead dev should be the one to be sacrificing the most (financially investing in) for the new developer since they benefit most immediately & directly. If Rob has to divest his own mined BBP to hire help, so be it. I hate to say it but that's what equity stake is. It is when owner's take a stake and don't passing off that cost to the new incoming people (Ponzi). Unless Rob has no coin to sell, then why isn't a council in charge and already hiring a developer at market rate absent Rob's "blessing"? Although the work is being turned down by other devs you may even have to pay a 10%-20% premium on top of market rate to get what you need. The show must go on....

Code:
6. We dont have much money to pay for work, yet, We've only had 1 budget cycle so far and the next one ends in 2 weeks,

If 5.7 million BBP is in this budget cycle then why are you giving 3.8 million BBP to charity (that is over 66%, not even close to 10%). 570,000 goes to Charity. Simple, end of story. Re-cast the expenses to match the actual income. This is done by not over-commiting finances that aren't there.

That is why every coin available should be wisely re-invested. No one should be making any profit at this stage except crypto daytraders speculating on movement. Since nothing can stop that kind of bottom-feeding, it exists whether we acknowledge it or not. Where I take issue is, I'm new to the forum and I've already been solicited to hire a developer. Are we developing blockchain as a faith-based currency or are we just paying bills now?

Code:

Yes I can offer quite a bit when it comes to linux systems administration and organizational/leadership development. I'm an accomplished businessperson myself and would love to contribute some work to the project.

Code:
We could use all the help we can get! :)

That's why I joined Slack! Surprised its so quiet in there!

You asked for more ideas so here goes:

A) The accountability page needs help. The accountability site is supposed to be where people feel good. By simply posting the receipts online, it looks like an "expense" and not an opportunity.
It is impossible to feel good looking at the site unless you were an accountant happy to see your client keeping receipts. Simply having the data on the website is not the same thing as presenting a unified message saying "we are ACTIVELY helping".  yes, I understand there are other areas of the site which display the orphans and their letters but I am talking exterior optics, not inside baseball since you would have to be far deeper than a looker before you would ever see the docs pertaining to accountability. This should be SURFACE-LEVEL and not several layers deep.

B) Regarding the troublemakers and their exploitative mining, it is definitely an issue to contend with running a public blockchain but you have to accept the fact that even exploitative miners are tithing whether they realize it or not so they aren't the MOST URGENT ISSUE. Meeting the BiblePay directives & timetables should be.

==================

The wallet needs a Chinese language version for our bretheren & sisteren (?) in the communist nation. Big priority should be on the wallet update and cleaning it up for international use. All good ideas and needed execution. if it will help, I'll review candidates and inspect their work product, as well. It'll be a blast. Where do I sign up???

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:48:05 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 03:10:20 AM by togoshigekata

Thank you. I do believe the first thing to be done is stick to the gameplan. In 11 days a marketing campaign is supposed to kick-off that will greatly increase everyone's awareness of the BiblePay system. A full slide-deck should be developed that outlines the short term & long term goals clearly.

See: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/deck-marketing-64930.html

Slide decks are full of infographics and data optimized for "at-a-glance" viewing. BiblePay needs a substantial marketing deck to remove the people who come into the thread and make comments like "cchub" did on February 2nd:

I thought this project was a pure joke, but it looks legit. WTF! Can somebody please explain to me whether it is really legit or only a joke?

Their opinion is certainly valid, too?

Sure, but there are also many people who do not read the original post or dig into things, I agree infographics would help, Slide Deck sounds cool,

The roadmap laid about by Rob has been followed fairly well, but we have been reactive to issues as they pop up (fighting fires),
the roadmap has changed but has not been updated, and Im not sure if any marketing initiative is in the pipeline yet,

There have been constant issues with the Pool Rob has had to deal with, as well as bugs, security commits, etc

Proof of Loyalty (POL) came about to combat the potential botnet mining the coin:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7s3g3y/proof_of_loyalty_staking/

Proof of Distributed Computing (PODC) came about to replace cryptographic puzzle solving with science research:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7uzqlb/proof_of_distributed_computing_cancer_research/

POL is in Testnet, PODC is in development

Before this, this is what Rob said about his next goals:
https://twitter.com/BiblePay/status/950051016258543616

So the roadmap is in fluctuation right now.
If anyone is interested to create a slide deck or interested to hire someone to create a slide deck, please jump on it!
Ive added it to the unofficial TODO list

====================================================

Code:

The Face - The accountability & pool site is akin to a green-screen wireframe graphic. It looks incredibly unprofessional and unrealistic. For some people, this is extremely off-putting. Not trying to be insulting, but I have had several very negative comments from people about the site, who are not otherwise negative. This image is a problem that for whatever reason the BiblePay team is not seeing--but it is there.

Rob knows the design is older looking, I dont think Rob is a designer,
If you know anyone who could help make the pool look better, or if anyone could hire someone to do that, that would be great, anyone want to jump on this?
Ive added it to the unofficial TODO list

The Code - The code and pool code work on the client end, but the pool end of it is not functioning for anything outside of the standard BiblePay site. One pool for all? This is a bit of a slip because at the same time people like Slovaks will have the ability to link their CPUs, there are other people without that ability until the tools are released. I understand you don't want the black hats to access the inner workings of the code but good always triumphs in the end. I've read the book, we win. Let's move forward. Occasional hiccups occur and we can all live with that, but this seems more like a very important function that is missing. I'm new to BBP and was shocked to find it was not already functional.

BiblePay has a unique algorithm that doesnt fit into the standard pools that are out there already,
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7m5xqi/need_2nd_pool_again/

We used to have a 2nd pool called MinersOfMen run by nsummy, but Im not sure what happened, I heard it closed down.

The One Man Show - Rob should be actively finding his replacement for duplication/multiplication of his efforts. One person cannot fight the front lines in a forum thread with trash talkers, while building the next best thing in the lab. They are the ones who should be inspiring people to lead & rally to the cause but too often he is engaging people in fisticuffs, defending his work zealously. Not necessary. He has all of us to do that for him. Rob should be above all that.

Rob is who he is Smiley Im sure hes open to constructive criticism though, he is worth 10x his weight in gold or even more, the project wouldnt exist without him, an investment in BiblePay is right now mostly an investment in Rob.

So far hes already interviewed over 35 candidates for the C++ Blockchain Developer position, 2 met his criteria, but the one wanted double the pay we offered and walked away.

Code:

I feel this needs to be a paid position. One that warrants getting together with your investors / masternode owners and even one more important benefactor: the lead dev. Everyone should discuss the hire plan immediately. They should be the first official employee of BiblePay. Also, the lead dev should be the one to be sacrificing the most (financially investing in) for the new developer since they benefit most immediately & directly. If Rob has to divest his own mined BBP to hire help, so be it. I hate to say it but that's what equity stake is. It is when owner's take a stake and don't passing off that cost to the new incoming people (Ponzi). Unless Rob has no coin to sell, then why isn't a council in charge and already hiring a developer at market rate absent Rob's "blessing"? Although the work is being turned down by other devs you may even have to pay a 10%-20% premium on top of market rate to get what you need. The show must go on....

We dont currently have much funds to pay for good developers, at current BBP to Dollar rate, our 20% 40 day budget is worth $11k, half of that goes to Charity, the other half is split between IT, PR and P2P. There was no premine, no instamine, no ICO, anyone who has coins had to mine them or buy them from the exchange, or work for them through a proposal.

Please post a proposal to the sanctuary (masternode) owners to vote on your idea: http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=5.0

Ive posted job ads on all the crypto boards:
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=85.0

Blockchain is not something easy to learn, the combination of C++ and Blockchain skills is hard to find, most coins out there are clones of other coins, and most Blockchain developers are already working on their own coin, Everyone that applies that doesnt have Blockchain skills yet, I send them my compiled Blockchain Learning Resources: https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7rlzfu/learning_blockchain_development/ and invite them to our Slack and Discord.

Rob is looking for someone with high experience and who will be a long term member / grow with the project.

Code:

If 5.7 million BBP is in this budget cycle then why are you giving 3.8 million BBP to charity (that is over 66%, not even close to 10%). 570,000 goes to Charity. Simple, end of story. Re-cast the expenses to match the actual income. This is done by not over-commiting finances that aren't there.

This is the current Block Reward Breakdown:
10% Charity
5% IT
2.5% PR (Public Relation campaigns)
2.5% P2P (Orphan Letter Writing, Pay To Preach, Pay to be a Priest, FAQ writers, Social Media functions)
40% Miners
40% Sanctuaries (Masternodes)

so 20% of coins every 40 days goes to the superblock budget,

So 1/2 the budget is Charity, 1/4th is IT, 1/8th is PR, 1/8th is P2P

But these are just guidelines, with Charity being the highest priority.

Its up to all Sanctuary owners to vote yes or no on each proposal, and if there are more passing proposals than the budget can fund, the proposals get paid out in descending order of most yes votes

That is why every coin available should be wisely re-invested. No one should be making any profit at this stage except crypto daytraders speculating on movement. Since nothing can stop that kind of bottom-feeding, it exists whether we acknowledge it or not. Where I take issue is, I'm new to the forum and I've already been solicited to hire a developer. Are we developing blockchain as a faith-based currency or are we just paying bills now?

Most people are motivated by money, for example, look at the developer who walked away, he wanted $70/hr, so youre being contradictory wanting to pay premium for a developer but also not wanting anyone to make profit. There have been a lot of volunteers, but its my opinion that everyone should be rewarded for their work. For instance, we have a charachter in the community like Slovakia, who mined with hundreds of machines and got a couple masternodes, and hes off to mine other coins now, he may not ever help the project again, but he will make a profit in the future off all the work all of us potentially do going forward. So I think its very important that everyone who does work gets paid, and I would vote for you to get paid for any work you do for the project.

I ask everyone to help the project and tell them how they can create proposals and be funded in BiblePay coins for their work, but not many have stepped up. And a lot of people dont have the time as well, they have work, family, etc, this is a hobby to most, Rob is really our only full time employee. I guess Im kind of a part time employee, but its been a sacrifice to my day job and my home life.

There isnt really a team per se, BiblePay is a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization), BiblePay was started by Rob, and has attracted many miners, investors, daytraders, etc and some people have helped the project, some have been vocal, some have jumped on small projects or taken on small roles. In time there will probably be more structure, but for now this really is a one man show, a project 6-7 months old attempting to bootstrap itself. Everyone here now is here very early in the process. This is like a very early weird online startup company. I believe BiblePay could definitely 10-100x+ in the next 0-3 years, but we shall see.

Code:

Yes I can offer quite a bit when it comes to linux systems administration and organizational/leadership development. I'm an accomplished businessperson myself and would love to contribute some work to the project.

Code:
We could use all the help we can get! :)

That's why I joined Slack! Surprised its so quiet in there!

Awesome! I look forward to anything you can do to help out!

Yeah the Slack is fairly quiet, the Discord has some more miners talking, theres also a Telegram that some other miners are on.
Most of the action is in this Bitcointalk thread and the proposal and testing talk is mostly in the Biblepay Forum.

You asked for more ideas so here goes:

A) The accountability page needs help. The accountability site is supposed to be where people feel good. By simply posting the receipts online, it looks like an "expense" and not an opportunity.
It is impossible to feel good looking at the site unless you were an accountant happy to see your client keeping receipts. Simply having the data on the website is not the same thing as presenting a unified message saying "we are ACTIVELY helping".  yes, I understand there are other areas of the site which display the orphans and their letters but I am talking exterior optics, not inside baseball since you would have to be far deeper than a looker before you would ever see the docs pertaining to accountability. This should be SURFACE-LEVEL and not several layers deep.

What ideas in particular do you have to make the accountability page better?

The wallet needs a Chinese language version for our bretheren & sisteren (?) in the communist nation. Big priority should be on the wallet update and cleaning it up for international use. All good ideas and needed execution. if it will help, I'll review candidates and inspect their work product, as well. It'll be a blast. Where do I sign up???

So far we havent had a Chinese translator pop up, Ive been working on getting the Original Announcement Post translated:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7qmt6m/bitcointalk_main_post_language_translations/
So far Ive only been able to get 5 translations over the past 3 weeks

I think getting the wallet to work internationally is a great point, Ive added it to the TODO list.

All good ideas and needed execution. if it will help, I'll review candidates and inspect their work product, as well. It'll be a blast. Where do I sign up???

Hehe, Just jump into it! Cheesy
Thats the beauty of this being a DAO, anyone can propose work, anyone can jump on anything, I saw ways I could help and just started helping Wink
And sanctuaries voted yes on me getting paid, its pretty neat Cool

Thanks tmc808!

mr.oz

Activity: 229
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:00:16 AM

when our coin is going to be 10 dollars  Grin Roll Eyes
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:19:11 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 08:30:14 AM by slovakia

TOGO  without me this coin would be lost  Wink : pls,check how much ppl mining from SLOVAK REPUBLIC .. .ca 25+   and check how much ppl with 100 machines mining now in leaderboard capulo+daemonko is SVK guys too,+ next ppl ... im mining with 3machines just now+next friends pools guys on SOLO, cos solo gets better results like pool ... in begin im mined with 50 VPS only  Wink ... and give me answer: who mined first 100M for 1month? im jumped to coin when was 102M mined .... of course,you,Rob,tiras,virus and few guys..... i believe that ROB got big amounts of MASTERNODEs

tmc808 you have true with all  Wink  + 100 points

and on CCEX are still that same persons who still buy and sell round and round and price is still going up and down.
 right,its work 1 person

Cryptoalt1990

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:27:58 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 08:51:31 AM by Cryptoalt1990

I ask everyone to help the project and tell them how they can create proposals and be funded in BiblePay coins for their work, but not many have stepped up. And a lot of people dont have the time as well, they have work, family, etc, this is a hobby to most, Rob is really our only full time employee. I guess Im kind of a part time employee, but its been a sacrifice to my day job and my home life.

Not trying to be too critical as I know you're doing a lot for the community (but so are others) but getting around $2500-3000/month $1300/month for that part time job seems pretty nice to me so I wouldn't really consider it a "sacrifice".

Nvm, rechecked the proposals and it's actually closer to $1300 this month without accounting for fluctuation of prices and just using the numbers in the posts. Got the numbers wrong the first time mea culpa. It's still not that bad thought to me. Not attacking, just making a remark.
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:30:47 AM

Not trying to be too critical as I know you're doing a lot for the community (but so are others) but getting around $2500-3000/month for that part time job seems pretty nice to me so I wouldn't really consider it a "sacrifice".
 i agree with that salary

BEST THINGS FOR BBP

0. get bitrex,binance,hitbtc,okex,gdax,upbit,poloniex,kraken,bithumb,bitfinex for MONEY ... put together real price for listing or my idea get % from rewards for listing
1. new profi web
2. we need mobile wallet+ web wallet
3. new graphic design of pool,any new layout
4. released newest version of pool on GitHub=more transparency
5. hire graphic designers+devs for real €/$/BBP/altcoins from 10% of  IT/PR/P2P
6. stop monopoling 1 person:it looks very bad

Cryptoalt1990

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:57:33 AM

Edited my previous post cause I got the numbers wrong Slovakia  Undecided.
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:05:50 AM

Wow, we are on the front page of the next.exchange vote!

Nice work!

Can we bump it up past 750?
https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/suggestions/3384/biblepay-bbp

slavino

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:37:37 AM

Not trying to be too critical as I know you're doing a lot for the community (but so are others) but getting around $2500-3000/month for that part time job seems pretty nice to me so I wouldn't really consider it a "sacrifice".
 i agree with that salary

BEST THINGS FOR BBP

0. get bitrex,binance,hitbtc,okex,gdax,upbit,poloniex,kraken,bithumb,bitfinex for MONEY ... put together real price for listing or my idea get % from rewards for listing
1. new profi web

very good ideas,still dont understand why Rob didnt release newest version to GitHub

@znffal btw, dont be naive, capulo,slovakia,me,radino and few ppl voting almost 30 votes daily with hide mode in firefox/chrome  Roll Eyes
coin_analyst

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 10:18:13 AM

i agree with that salary

BEST THINGS FOR BBP

1. new profi web

With this I can only agree.

Agreed.

A mature and high-value coin requires a very high level of transparency.

Among them, more third-party pool and long-term stability means that the coin is more popular, more open. This will certainly attract many other miners come to mining

but now there is only one pool, as well as vampire users, make investors or new miner stop to join...

I think build up third party pool is a must , look like the BTC, ETH, LTC, etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: