Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:08:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243198 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 07:51:38 PM

inblue holy true

forum.biblepay is dead ... we can delete it ... its totally unecessary

new users needs this thread

and why Robert mentioned what kind of thread we will be using  Huh Huh Huh  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:24:11 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2018, 08:38:36 PM by thesnat21

If we want to debate the merits of blacklist/no blacklist I think the better place to do that is the "official forums" https://forum.biblepay.org

Someone start a topic and we can talk over the pros/cons.

This discussion should be moved over to the official forums, as to not muddy this thread, and will help organize the thoughts.

I disagree. This thread needs to be posted to as often as possible. Here is why: probably around 90% of people who stumbled upon BiblePay did so by finding this thread on this forum. The other 10% are masternode sites, airdrop, etc. Rob has also directed traffic to the BBP forum a lot of times and most of the time it's completely legitimate, when there is a need for some really in-depth discussion or a proposal thread etc. And I am all for that, for the BBP forum to have more posts as well, it's good for community buildup and so on.

But I think we should never steer away from this thread, because this is how people find BiblePay. Think about it, someone new can't possibly go to forum.biblepay.org as their first touch with BiblePay. It's for people already in the game who know the link, have an account etc. (While I'm at it, I think accounts should not have to be manually verified by the admin, just put a recaptcha and it's fine). This thread is how we stand out from others, I follow a lot of threads and much higher market cap coins don't have nearly as much posts as we do, therefore we gain free exposure this way, and it shows how active of a community we are.

So I think we should not move just about any discussion to the "invisible" forum, or else what would happen is that only the old members would be active on the BBP forum, this thread would be less active and therefore less findable, which would lead to lowering the member count, as some old members would slowly leave over time and not enough new ones would come. The BBP forum should definitely be more content rich than this thread, but it's sort of a level 2 for newcomers, to discover and dig through after they could find us in the first place.

Perhaps the categories should be more open than I have said for discussion here.
But "sensitive", or opinionated in-depth discussions should be taken elsewhere; which is why I suggested forum.biblepay.org ....  We want, and need the right kind of exposure,  not discourse and infighting as has gone on in the past.

Also, if we are talking longer term direction of the coin, and you want your thoughts to be considered after the page has lapsed you could have better exposure in a directed discussion.

Please work with me here,  I'm not perfect by a long shot, but we're working towards a more productive community.

edit:  will be fixing the registration process soon...  have had another project i've been working on.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2018, 08:25:43 PM

inblue holy true

forum.biblepay is dead ... we can delete it ... its totally unecessary

new users needs this thread

and why Robert mentioned what kind of thread we will be using  Huh Huh Huh  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't agree,  it may be dead currently but come on over and start a discussion Smiley

We can make this into a true community,  but only if we work together.
tmike

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 11:43:04 PM

What does everyone think about the usability of BiblePay so far in the real world? And also the upcoming possible changes?

SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:59:40 AM

Just to not forget:

1. We still dont have even one functional explorer
2. Start mining BBP is still hard work
3. biblepay-central is showing fault data
4. cryptobridge as a dead exchange still with BBP and in section markets (conmarketcap)
slovakia

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

its so hard to pay professional youtuber guy which make video toturial?  Roll Eyes

SVK Noko your step by step guideline is wrong or?

have we contact to this guy? https://biblepaywallet.github.io/  all his axx is inactive, thanks

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

What does everyone think about the usability of BiblePay so far in the real world? And also the upcoming possible changes?

Dash codebase is heading towards in-chain user registration for easier payments. As we plan to rebase with their codebase, we will be able to offer the same features for our users, donors, churches and investors among others.

This was also pioneered by Rob with the contact card feature but it's likely that we move it to the in-chain system to keep compatibility for future rebases.

https://blog.dash.org/introducing-blockchain-users-428d87a1e87a

inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 10:04:55 AM

Please work with me here,  I'm not perfect by a long shot

I'm surprised, I don't know why you felt that my post was a personal attack on your character. It honestly wasn't, not by any stretch. I was suggesting what I think is good for bringing more new members to the project.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:36:33 PM

Which changes are we looking at, the roadmap goals?

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Roadmap

Mobile Phone Wallet   
MIPs iPhone and Android Wallet (Both iPhone and Android are complete - Android deployed to Prod - iPhone waiting for Apple to approve deployment)
November 30th, 2018         
90%
---
Marketing Campaigns   Phase 2
(Proposal for PR Campaign, Language Translations)    
March 31st, 2019    
3%
---
BiblePay IPFS Integration and feature set    
BiblePay adds the ability to store IPFS documents, business objects, and provide a decentralized DNS system for accessing file resources.    
March 31st, 2019    
5%
---
BiblePay Evolution (Dash) Rebase    
BiblePay merges and releases all of the Evolution codebase - and re-launches as BiblePay Evolution with a PR campaign and with a BANG!    June 30th, 2019    
5%
---
Market Biblepay as a Utility   
BiblePay is working on an IPFS revenue stream derived from leasing fees generated by storing documents in IPFS hosted with BiblePay.
This cements BiblePay as a Utility.
December 25th, 2019    
0%
---
Biblepay Debit Card   
Partnership with VISA/MasterCard/or Generic Branded Debit Card    
December 25th, 2019    
1%
---
E-Commerce Integration   
Integration with Retailers accepting Biblepay plug-in    
December 25th, 2020    
25%
thesnat21

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:22:13 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2018, 02:34:08 PM by thesnat21

Please work with me here,  I'm not perfect by a long shot

I'm surprised, I don't know why you felt that my post was a personal attack on your character. It honestly wasn't, not by any stretch. I was suggesting what I think is good for bringing more new members to the project.

Nah I didn't take it personally, just begging  Wink

I think as we mature it will become more important to have an official community outside of BCT,  I agree many users may come from here, but if we want to become a legitimate source,  it is important to have our own "community"

I would argue, that having an active community on the Official forums would show potential investors more than what goes on in this thread.

It would serve a few purposes:
-Activity would be an indicator of adoption
-Support activities could be better and more independently managed, and search would be more meaningful.
-Spreading discussions into multiple topics helps to "focus in" on a specific item, and responses can be directed.

Just my thoughts, I am open to others.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:11:25 PM

My road to BiblePay (a year ago) started by googling "Christian cryptocurrency".

Regardless of which community forum-platform we use, SEO is extremely important and needs to be a significant part of our PR budget/efforts.

Here are today's top-ten results from Google for the keywords "Christian cryptocurrency" ...

Christ Coin
https://christcoins.io/
Invest in a cryptocurrency that is built to increase in value over time and also gives you ... Donate your earned Christ Coins to Churches, Missions, Para-Church ...

Christian cryptocurrency pre-sale completes stage 1 - Religion News ...
https://religionnews.com/2017/.../christian-cryptocurrency-pre-sale-completes-stage-1/
Dec 19, 2017 - Christian Traders has launched CT Global Coin as a “Cryptocurrency for the Global Christian Community”. The company has been pioneers in ...

Christ Coin launches as first faith-based cryptocurrency - Religion ...
https://religionnews.com/.../christ-coin-launches-as-first-faith-based-cryptocurrency/
Oct 4, 2017 - BATON ROUGE, La. – Christ Coin has launched as the first Christian cryptocurrency. Built by Life Change, Christ Coin has a mission to meet ...

Christian Traders
https://christiantraders.com/
CT Global - Official Cryptocurrency of the Global Christian Community. Built on the Ethereum Blockchain. Fully ERC-20 compliant. Bridging the gap between ...

Love Jesus? Scared of Bitcoin? Say Hello to Christian Cryptocurrency ...
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/.../love-jesus-scared-of-bitcoin-say-hello-to-christia...
Jan 2, 2018 - For every pop culture phenomenon, there's an awful Christian version of the same thing. Know a boy band singing about a beautiful girl?

BiblePay - Christian Charity Cryptocurrency
https://www.biblepay.org/
Giving to charity in abundance, helping find cures for diseases, sharing the Gospel of Jesus, and decentralizing your money.

The New Cryptocurrency for Christians - World Religion News
https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion.../the-new-cryptocurrency-for-christians
Dec 21, 2017 - A Christian-specific cryptocurrency has been launched by Christian Traders. The said cryptocurrency, named CT Global Coin, has been ...

Joke Cryptocurrencies Like 'Jesus Coin' Are Making Serious Money
https://www.thedailybeast.com/joke-cryptocurrencies-like-jesus-coin-are-making-serio...
Jan 2, 2018 - The coin advertises itself as “the first pre-mined Christian-based Cryptocurrency. It is used to financially reward people who read the Bible, ...

What does the Bible say about investing in Bitcoin and other ...
https://becomingchristians.com/.../what-does-the-bible-say-about-investing-in-bitcoin-...
Jan 10, 2018 - A Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency today. Bitcoin was first introduced in .... 10 Best Books that Prove Christianity is True (leaderboard) ...

Should a Christian join crypto currency? - Quora
https://www.quora.com/Should-a-Christian-join-crypto-currency
hello, how are you doing? i am Gery and i am a christian and a preacher of the gospel in Glasgow Scotland United Kingdom. Can Christian join Cryptocurrency?
tmike

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:17:24 PM

Which changes are we looking at, the roadmap goals?

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Roadmap

Mobile Phone Wallet   
MIPs iPhone and Android Wallet (Both iPhone and Android are complete - Android deployed to Prod - iPhone waiting for Apple to approve deployment)
November 30th, 2018         
90%
---
Marketing Campaigns   Phase 2
(Proposal for PR Campaign, Language Translations)    
March 31st, 2019    
3%
---
BiblePay IPFS Integration and feature set    
BiblePay adds the ability to store IPFS documents, business objects, and provide a decentralized DNS system for accessing file resources.    
March 31st, 2019    
5%
---
BiblePay Evolution (Dash) Rebase    
BiblePay merges and releases all of the Evolution codebase - and re-launches as BiblePay Evolution with a PR campaign and with a BANG!    June 30th, 2019    
5%
---
Market Biblepay as a Utility   
BiblePay is working on an IPFS revenue stream derived from leasing fees generated by storing documents in IPFS hosted with BiblePay.
This cements BiblePay as a Utility.
December 25th, 2019    
0%
---
Biblepay Debit Card   
Partnership with VISA/MasterCard/or Generic Branded Debit Card    
December 25th, 2019    
1%
---
E-Commerce Integration   
Integration with Retailers accepting Biblepay plug-in    
December 25th, 2020    
25%

Yeah, and Rob's November announcement.

tmike

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

Dash codebase is heading towards in-chain user registration for easier payments. As we plan to rebase with their codebase, we will be able to offer the same features for our users, donors, churches and investors among others.

This was also pioneered by Rob with the contact card feature but it's likely that we move it to the in-chain system to keep compatibility for future rebases.

That's a cool feature! How's the re-base going?

tmike

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:23:43 PM

My road to BiblePay (a year ago) started by googling "Christian cryptocurrency".

Regardless of which community forum-platform we use, SEO is extremely important and needs to be a significant part of our PR budget/efforts.

Noted, the suggestion will be on the weekly review list that Rob will look at.

tmike

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:28:55 PM

its so hard to pay professional youtuber guy which make video toturial?  Roll Eyes

have we contact to this guy? https://biblepaywallet.github.io/  all his axx is inactive, thanks

Noted, will review with Rob. What's axx? And what guide is SVK Noko working on?

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:18:15 PM

That's a cool feature! How's the re-base going?

The idea is starting with a modest proof-of-concept by compiling biblepayd and biblepay-cli with the rebased code. If we can make a working devnet/testnet with that, the GUI part will be just pure legwork (a very long one in any case).

I already rebased 40% of the files for the command line version, but Rob and I are cautious because testing will probably take longer that rebasing itself. Well it could also work fine at the first attempt, who knows, I prefer to be optimistic.

In any case it will take some weeks more to have better visibility.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 05:34:15 PM

1) Regarding the BOINC Team blacklist feature in BiblePay PODC: I was only stating my initial opinion - that to give PODC more credibility we ensure a feature exists that does not allow double dipping (it was part of the Sanc vote for removing the team requirement); However I want to explain:  I am not in disagreement with doing whatever the community wants.  If we feel the UTXO requirement is already enough, If the community votes to have the blacklist removed - then lets remove it.  Action Item:  I will add a new community poll on forum.biblepay.org ASAP for this.

2) Regarding multiple forums:  I want to apologize for the miscommunication - I am not unhappy with the way TheSnat or TMike are moderating this forum.  I was only making a point that I never originally intended to censor information - unless it violated community guidelines- and I agree fullheartedly that this forum should be reserved for positive constructive General discussion and we need to keep it clean and entirely without infighting.  Lets all grow up and act more mature and make BiblePay into a professional cryptocurrency where people feel warm and welcome when making initial contact.  They may read 10 pages and decide not to be part unless they already feel warm and fuzzy.  

I believe it is essential to have forum.biblepay.org available for organization.  This threads purpose (BTCTalk) is for Attracting users off the street - those people who browse bitcointalk and discover us.  This is our on-ramp thread.  Forum.biblepay.org is for focused discussion on each area.  Moderation is still needed to ensure that we maintain a professional presence.

3) Regarding the Dash Rebase (Dash Evolution):  MIP is spearheading this project.  He is in the process of analyzing every diff between Dash and BiblePay.  We plan on carving out a regular IT meeting together to create the full scope of the rebase (that includes any new features we try to create for our next release) into a mid 2019 Evolution release.  We really need a PR volunteer to help us create a PR campaign around this future rebase as this event is similar in magnitude to a BiblePay re-launch.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
slovakia

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:41:19 PM

SVK_NOKO worked long time on Telegram: helped more new users started airdrop and mining with podc+pow

axx= accounts

tmike

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:55:15 PM

SVK_NOKO worked long time on Telegram: helped more new users started airdrop and mining with podc+pow

axx= accounts

Yes, thanks for the help on Telegram. I'll ask Rob if he has a contact method with the paper wallet maker.

thesnat21

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 06:59:30 PM

Guys, Rob has been paying attention and created a poll for removing the team requirement.

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=299.0

I added an option for "Yes, but add a payout penalty to Non Team BiblePay users (if this is chosen, a second poll will be made)"

If you need to register, I will be watching for pending user requests.

Pages: « 1 ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: