Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... 844 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 243130 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 04:45:09 PM

What is the status with next Exchange listing?

I'm not aware of any plans for a new exchange...

We need more volume on the current exchanges.

And I guess it is the same answer for PR budget question right? In other words probably it is game over.
check other coins  Wink

dont be so smart, you are the one who made the most negative PR on the chat here :-) dont you remember ?

There is budget for PR..

Are you offering to do some?  that would be awesome.
Otherwise,  please give some ideas how we could use the PR budget

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 04:48:28 PM

Being able to see proposals for a particular super block month would be nice. Have it be based on the blockading data and not a third party that can hide proposals with identical names

We don't have a 3rd party hiding proposals - we have pool.biblepay.org with a feature that took a lot of time to add to only show proposals relevant for voting.

Please dont spread fud.  I can attempt to improve the pool, if people are behind me, but if everyone is going against the grain, we can recommend shutting down pool.biblepay.org.

I've only had the best intentions since inception, but Im really tired of the naysayers in this community. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 04:55:06 PM

What is the status with next Exchange listing?

I'm not aware of any plans for a new exchange...

We need more volume on the current exchanges.

And I guess it is the same answer for PR budget question right? In other words probably it is game over.
check other coins  Wink

dont be so smart, you are the one who made the most negative PR on the chat here :-) dont you remember ?

There is budget for PR..

Are you offering to do some?  that would be awesome.
Otherwise,  please give some ideas how we could use the PR budget

Just for a quick update on the exchange situation; Jaap's just entered a proposal for 2 mil bbp - attempting to pay him back for what he lent us to go live on coinexchange.io.  We owe him about .17 btc or so (see the proposal thread for the exact amount).  After that, we are free and clear to save up for the next exchange.

We have a really good offer for cryptopia for 1.5 BTC.  Its still imo our best next offer (unless something like bittrex appears) - and cryptopia is a hard offer.  I think we should take our time and save slowly and try to be listed by the end of 2019.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:16:41 PM

Due to unresponsiveness of Licht who maintained the previous Ubuntu PPA packages

MIP, thank you very much for this PPA work! I just wanted to clarify what you mean by Licht's unresponsiveness? Because he personally added the packages to the stable branch up until the last mandatory release, so I thought he was active at least there, even though we don't see him on the forums anymore. I guess you already tried to contact him? Because I would argue that maybe it's better to take over the "biblepay" package instead of having "biblepay-official" as the name. I remember he said he wanted to add more members/admins to that PPA team (https://launchpad.net/~biblepay). But either way, your work is very much appreciated, I just hoped I don't have to switch PPAs again, but I see it takes just 2 minutes. Smiley
dave_bbp

Activity: 405
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 06:54:42 PM

Just for a quick update on the exchange situation; Jaap's just entered a proposal for 2 mil bbp - attempting to pay him back for what he lent us to go live on coinexchange.io.  We owe him about .17 btc or so (see the proposal thread for the exact amount).  After that, we are free and clear to save up for the next exchange.

We have a really good offer for cryptopia for 1.5 BTC.  Its still imo our best next offer (unless something like bittrex appears) - and cryptopia is a hard offer.  I think we should take our time and save slowly and try to be listed by the end of 2019.

I just realized that the BBP/BTC pair on coinexchange.io is not listed under the trading places on CMC, livecoinwatch etc. Why is that? It seems to have quite a high volume.

Cryptopia sounds good and yes you're right. At our current market cap we really have to take our sweet time to save up the funds. Wink

btw: Awesome work @MIP with the ARM repo. Just tested it and it works on both Ubuntu 16 and 18 ARM distros. Smiley
MIP

Activity: 362
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:50:32 PM

Due to unresponsiveness of Licht who maintained the previous Ubuntu PPA packages

MIP, thank you very much for this PPA work! I just wanted to clarify what you mean by Licht's unresponsiveness? Because he personally added the packages to the stable branch up until the last mandatory release, so I thought he was active at least there, even though we don't see him on the forums anymore. I guess you already tried to contact him? Because I would argue that maybe it's better to take over the "biblepay" package instead of having "biblepay-official" as the name. I remember he said he wanted to add more members/admins to that PPA team (https://launchpad.net/~biblepay). But either way, your work is very much appreciated, I just hoped I don't have to switch PPAs again, but I see it takes just 2 minutes. Smiley

We contacted him at that time of the last update and I also sent a request to join Biblepay team at Launchpad but we got no answer at all. He might be around but we have no signs of it. Maybe he does not want to contact or he lost his email account who knows.

There were not any docs on how to do this PPA process either so I had to spend like a couple of days of hard work finding it out. I'll upload a doc explaining the process in the following days.

Nice to hear ARM builds work fine.
Lichtsucher

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:46:22 AM

I'm very sorry guys, I'm not really active in the crypto community right now. I only had enough time to keep the pool running and build packages from time to time.
Wasn't reading any forum very much, and won't have enough time for that in the near future.

But the timing was good, I see currently is an action by me required.

I added MIP as an administrator to the bilblepay team on launchpad

"There were not any docs on how to do this PPA process"

You can find my code on my github (https://github.com/lichtsucher):
https://github.com/Lichtsucher/biblepay-deb-builder

All my code is there, as most code was written as part of a proposal. Links should have been in any proposal Smiley

Purepool Biblepay Pool (https://www.purepool.org)
Mining How-To (https://www.biblepay-central.org/en/mining-how-to/)
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:51:08 AM

Hey Lichtsucher, nice to see you again! I hope you will see this message too - there has been some trouble with BiblePay Central, showing inaccurate or missing data. I don't know any details because I don't use it, others will tell you more info.
Lichtsucher

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:02:05 AM

Hey Lichtsucher, nice to see you again! I hope you will see this message too - there has been some trouble with BiblePay Central, showing inaccurate or missing data. I don't know any details because I don't use it, others will tell you more info.

I hadn't looked much into BC in the last weeks, except to look that the service is running.
I think I need more details Smiley

MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:05:47 AM

I'm very sorry guys, I'm not really active in the crypto community right now. I only had enough time to keep the pool running and build packages from time to time.
Wasn't reading any forum very much, and won't have enough time for that in the near future.

But the timing was good, I see currently is an action by me required.

I added MIP as an administrator to the bilblepay team on launchpad

"There were not any docs on how to do this PPA process"

You can find my code on my github (https://github.com/lichtsucher):
https://github.com/Lichtsucher/biblepay-deb-builder

All my code is there, as most code was written as part of a proposal. Links should have been in any proposal Smiley

Thank you licht, I missed that one, anyway I learnt a new thing and I took the chance to put all the required debian files into controb/debian folder so now you only have to edit changelog and copy that into /debian folder.

I also prepared the PPA to enable mainnet version from master and testnet version from develop branches. I'll share the scripts later.

Nice to see you around
SVK Noko

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:48:10 AM

I hadn't looked much into BC in the last weeks, except to look that the service is running.
I think I need more details Smiley

Here are some I found there:

1. In leaderboard (for example https://biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/1987887/ ) Next Payment Reward wrong, is not matching
2. Next payment superblock not matching
3. User Base information (RAC, Biblepay RAC, mag, utxo am, weight, task weight) not matching, old data
4. In history section, old data
5. This user https://biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/2024825/ has no data at all in leaderboard
6. On main page, section exchanges (right up corner), not all exchanges are mentioned there, USD price per BBP is wrong, volume as well (and too much decimal places)

Thanks.
secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:49:07 AM

Being able to see proposals for a particular super block month would be nice. Have it be based on the blockading data and not a third party that can hide proposals with identical names

We don't have a 3rd party hiding proposals - we have pool.biblepay.org with a feature that took a lot of time to add to only show proposals relevant for voting.

Please dont spread fud.  I can attempt to improve the pool, if people are behind me, but if everyone is going against the grain, we can recommend shutting down pool.biblepay.org.

I've only had the best intentions since inception, but Im really tired of the naysayers in this community. 

Friend, if you're looking for a place free of naysayers, I'm afriad you'll have to leave the planet. They will always be there. You can either ignore them, or look at it impersonally and try and find something constructive in the criticism. You'll make yourself miserable if you keep count. And none of us want to see that. Smiley
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 02:08:11 PM

Please dont spread fud.  I can attempt to improve the pool, if people are behind me, but if everyone is going against the grain, we can recommend shutting down pool.biblepay.org.

Friend, if you're looking for a place free of naysayers, I'm afriad you'll have to leave the planet. They will always be there. You can either ignore them, or look at it impersonally and try and find something constructive in the criticism. You'll make yourself miserable if you keep count. And none of us want to see that. Smiley

It's possible to have a supermajority of love around here if we try.

I posted that for a good reason.  Let's try to be more optimistic as a team from now on.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
dave_bbp

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:33:05 PM

Hey everyone, just a quick question: I have just installed my first sanctuary (yeah!) and started the alias from the Win wallet. The MN wallet status now went from "just started, not yet activated" to " "status": "Not capable masternode: Masternode not in masternode list". Is this normal? My windows wallet states the node as "pre-enabled".
Other MN coins (afair) went directly to "enabled". How long does it usually take for a sanctuary?

P.S.: I just realized that "exec stakebalance" also still states my complete wallet balance and does not deduct the MN collateral. I thought this would be done automatically?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 07:27:03 PM

Hey everyone, just a quick question: I have just installed my first sanctuary (yeah!) and started the alias from the Win wallet. The MN wallet status now went from "just started, not yet activated" to " "status": "Not capable masternode: Masternode not in masternode list". Is this normal? My windows wallet states the node as "pre-enabled".
Other MN coins (afair) went directly to "enabled". How long does it usually take for a sanctuary?

P.S.: I just realized that "exec stakebalance" also still states my complete wallet balance and does not deduct the MN collateral. I thought this would be done automatically?

Congratulations btw!

So after you update your masternode.conf file and reboot, and you go into coin control, and verify the 1.55M is indeed locked (it should be after a reboot), exec stakebalance will ignore the MN collateral.

On the not capable, its 'sort of' normal, but after you reboot, please click START on the gui- restart the sanc, and usually within 30 mins or so it should say PRE-ENABLED.  It sometimes takes 24 hours, but that is usually Only when you change IPs... 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
dave_bbp

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:35:03 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2018, 09:55:05 PM by dave_bbp

Congratulations btw!

So after you update your masternode.conf file and reboot, and you go into coin control, and verify the 1.55M is indeed locked (it should be after a reboot), exec stakebalance will ignore the MN collateral.

On the not capable, its 'sort of' normal, but after you reboot, please click START on the gui- restart the sanc, and usually within 30 mins or so it should say PRE-ENABLED.  It sometimes takes 24 hours, but that is usually Only when you change IPs...  
Thx. Cheesy
I did "start all" from the wallet again and also restarted the MN daemon and now it says "successfully started" while the win wallet has it on "pre-enabled". Strangely enough "exec stakebalance" still gives my complete balance, despite coin control and "masternode outputs" clearly showing the collateral to be locked. Ah well, I'll just leave it until tomorrow to sort itself out. Smiley

P.S.: @MIP: nice work with the MN install script, it even already has the new repository Smiley

Edit: wohoo, it's "enabled". Looking forward to the first payout. Cheesy
thesnat21

Activity: 490
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 08:38:01 PM

New discussion thread / concept...  Proof Of Giving

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=319.msg4700#msg4700

Please read over the concept on the wiki, and provide feedback.   

Again this is a pre-implementation discussion, trying to gauge feedback.  I believe this concept would simplify things quite a bit, and would replace the current distributed computing process.

secoccular

Activity: 226
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:51:35 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2018, 10:37:52 PM by secoccular

There is budget for PR..

Are you offering to do some?  that would be awesome.
Otherwise,  please give some ideas how we could use the PR budget

You have to clean the house, before inviting guests. IMO, there needs to be an effort internally to bring more cohesion to the project. Only those with power can bring this about.

Edit: clean house is not a reference to people.
cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 09:04:34 PM

Byteball pushed this notice in the client

Dear WCG cruncher,

First of all, thank you for donating your computing power for good! We recently won the THOR challenge because of all of your hard work, you deserve a big compliment for that.

Perhaps partly because of this challenge, we have recently observed some users who have connected a very large number of devices. While awesome for WCG this does defeat part of the purpose of why we’re giving away Bytes through this initiative. We want to introduce as many people as possible to Byteball, not distribute a large part of the undistributed funds to professional computing power aggregators.

To balance it out a little bit we are going to introduce diminishing returns to the reward schedule. Starting Nov 20, anyone who has more than 40 devices connected will see a drop off in Bytes rewarded for the devices above 40. You’ll still get rewarded full WCG points for all devices.

Thanks for your understanding and continuous support of this initiative. Together we have donated more than 2000 years of computing time!

Happy crunching

The Byteball Team

So, be careful running virtual machines, multi-client setups (especially this), or having a ton of Android devices (like I have).
Lichtsucher

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 10:53:23 PM

Here are some I found there:

1. In leaderboard (for example https://biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/1987887/ ) Next Payment Reward wrong, is not matching
2. Next payment superblock not matching
3. User Base information (RAC, Biblepay RAC, mag, utxo am, weight, task weight) not matching, old data
4. In history section, old data
5. This user https://biblepay-central.org/en/podc/user/2024825/ has no data at all in leaderboard
6. On main page, section exchanges (right up corner), not all exchanges are mentioned there, USD price per BBP is wrong, volume as well (and too much decimal places)

Thanks.

Looks like the data download from the main pool is the reason for the podc problems.
The BC site is getting all of the podc data from the main pool via a http download (action api_superblock), but the download gets a timeout :/
Maybe the data amount is to big for the main pool script to generate the csv file.
Can't do much here :/

Pages: « 1 ... 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 [556] 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... 844 »
  Print  

Jump to: