Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2022, 10:21:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 23.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 [756] 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 ... 846 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)  (Read 241261 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (345 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bible_pay

Activity: 1162
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 02:36:36 AM

"Is it better to be clubby with no users" or "be with a botnet and a lot of new users"

I'm sure there's in between the continuum. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I think thats the vote to lower ABN.

I just want reiterate, there is no other known way to distribute rewards, other than UTXO or CPID.  Blockhash schemes wont work; if you have one you believe would work feel free to re-post the entire idea.

One point I would make is that lowering the ABN by itself does not solve our issue unless ABN is 0.. The configuration file and setup of workers is confusing to people. Just look at slovakia's issue today. We need to ensure that there is CLEAR documentation setup out there on the 2 worker ID values and how to set up those workers on the pool page and how to put them in the configuration file. I for one believe that there should be another download out on the wallet page which has both a sample configuration file and a readme/PDF on how to setup workers. If people do not understand the setup and configured their worker improperly they will not be able to take advantage of pool funded mining.

Yeah, we could use a dedicated single page PDF for ABN-Funded (turnkey) mining, and maybe a separate simple single page PDF for Non-funded (standard ABN) mining.

Thats where the help of the community should come in.

I'm working on the technical issues; if we could have these guides re-written we will have them added to the OP post, the pool and the website.

Remember we do have a Getting Started with Evo guide (and your probably aware of that) and its a little complicated.  Togo recently added a couple more guide links to the OP post (for mining also).  But they may be the same Evo links.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
jsheets1970

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 02:44:01 AM

"Is it better to be clubby with no users" or "be with a botnet and a lot of new users"

I'm sure there's in between the continuum. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I just want reiterate, there is no other known way to distribute rewards, other than UTXO or CPID.  Blockhash schemes wont work; if you have one you believe would work feel free to re-post the entire idea.

One point I would make is that lowering the ABN by itself does not solve our issue unless ABN is 0.. The configuration file and setup of workers is confusing to people. Just look at slovakia's issue today. We need to ensure that there is CLEAR documentation setup out there on the 2 worker ID values and how to set up those workers on the pool page and how to put them in the configuration file. I for one believe that there should be another download out on the wallet page which has both a sample configuration file and a readme/PDF on how to setup workers. If people do not understand the setup and configured their worker improperly they will not be able to take advantage of pool funded mining.

Yeah, we could use a dedicated single page PDF for ABN-Funded (turnkey) mining, and maybe a separate simple single page PDF for Non-funded (standard ABN) mining.

I'm working on the technical issues; if we could have these guides re-written we will have them added to the OP post, the pool and the website.

Remember we do have a Getting Started with Evo guide (and your probably aware of that) and its a little complicated.  Togo recently added a couple more guide links to the OP post (for mining also).  But they may be the same Evo links.

Well... This is going to sound funny but I have never even known of these guides that were out there and have been part of the community for close to 4 months. I really just picked up on various components and configurations through reading this forum and asking questions. That might intimidate some. Where are these guides, could you post a link.. I have fought through a lot of this stuff and might be able to put together a simple guide or help others with my knowledge. Please share the links and will see what is there.
bible_pay

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 02:50:35 AM

Well... This is going to sound funny but I have never even known of these guides that were out there and have been part of the community for close to 4 months. I really just picked up on various components and configurations through reading this forum and asking questions. That might intimidate some. Where are these guides, could you post a link.. I have fought through a lot of this stuff and might be able to put together a simple guide or help others with my knowledge. Please share the links and will see what is there.

Although there is one on biblepay.org under mining, the two in the OP post here (Mining Guides) are a little better:

Mining Guides:

Quick Start
wiki.biblepay.org/Quick_Start

Windows
reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/

Linux
reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

I have been giving out the Getting started with Evo guide on the wiki, (see in mining biblepay on windows, the wiki guides).

Thanks, I appreciate it also.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 03:05:54 AM

Btw, while on the subject of newbies entering BBP, Sun made the brilliant suggestion of somehow capping returns on GSCs on the rich - I think the original suggestion was cap coinage at 1 day.

Now the underlying motive is good - spread the daily 250K GSC reward out to more users, and therefore attract more people.

But the contention is that if we cap coin*age with any type of limit then it could be gamed.

So, I have the identical view here:  I'm completely open to ideas that distribute rewards further to newbies, but, I know of no possible way to actually do that.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 03:31:26 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2019, 04:48:52 AM by sunk818

But the contention is that if we cap coin*age with any type of limit then it could be gamed.

Anything can be gamed, but make it hard enough and hopefully you'll get a 80/20 split (80% of people will not intentionally cheat).

If you want to make it easy for people to participate, remove the barriers. New BBP member should be ready to go in less than 7 minutes after wallet download and sync. No ABN, no set up for pool mining. Provide a default biblepay.conf that has everything they need to start mining. GSC could be easier to setup too, but it'd be at the cost of other features. Documentation is good up to point, but making it so easy documentation is minimal.

Well... This is going to sound funny but I have never even known of these guides that were out there and have been part of the community for close to 4 months.

Let's put a readme.txt that points to all the relevant links. Include this in the same folder as biblepay-qt.exe is. Last part of the Windows installation is a checkbox (default on) that asks to open the readme.txt

Put FAQ items on a screen on in overview. Mining yes/no, abninfo, solo vs pool mining, hash per second, current abn weight (exec getabnweight 125000 1), etc.

Here's a sample biblepay.conf I would use.
Code:

# -------
# mining
# fill this in explaining what each settings and numbers mean
# ------
gen=1
genproclimit=-1
minersleep=325

# -----
# generic smart contract (gsc)
# -----
disablegsctransmission=1
pog_coinagepercentage=-1
pog_foundationdonation=-1
healing_coinagepercentage=-1
healing_foundationdonation=-1
cameroon-one_coinagepercentage=-1
cameroon-one_foundationdonation=-1
gscclientminerfrequency=43200
changequantity=10

bible_pay

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 01:17:14 PM

Anything can be gamed, but make it hard enough and hopefully you'll get a 80/20 split (80% of people will not intentionally cheat).

If you want to make it easy for people to participate, remove the barriers. New BBP member should be ready to go in less than 7 minutes after wallet download and sync. No ABN, no set up for pool mining. Provide a default biblepay.conf that has everything they need to start mining. GSC could be easier to setup too, but it'd be at the cost of other features. Documentation is good up to point, but making it so easy documentation is minimal.

Well... This is going to sound funny but I have never even known of these guides that were out there and have been part of the community for close to 4 months.

Let's put a readme.txt that points to all the relevant links. Include this in the same folder as biblepay-qt.exe is. Last part of the Windows installation is a checkbox (default on) that asks to open the readme.txt

Put FAQ items on a screen on in overview. Mining yes/no, abninfo, solo vs pool mining, hash per second, current abn weight (exec getabnweight 125000 1), etc.

Here's a sample biblepay.conf I would use.
Code:

# -------
# mining
# fill this in explaining what each settings and numbers mean
# ------
gen=1
genproclimit=-1
minersleep=325

# -----
# generic smart contract (gsc)
# -----
disablegsctransmission=1
pog_coinagepercentage=-1
pog_foundationdonation=-1
healing_coinagepercentage=-1
healing_foundationdonation=-1
cameroon-one_coinagepercentage=-1
cameroon-one_foundationdonation=-1
gscclientminerfrequency=43200
changequantity=10

I agree with everything in this post after the first sentence, I think this is a very good post and very valuable advice.

However I have a very strong disagreement with this:
Rob: But the contention is that if we cap coin*age with any type of limit then it could be gamed.
Sun: Anything can be gamed, but make it hard enough and hopefully you'll get a 80/20 split (80% of people will not intentionally cheat).

No, we cannot do that.  The element that you underestimate within that logic allows one single bad actor (and they will come) to circumvent the entire reward set for all the rest, and that ends up lowering the integrity of the entire coin (and once that happens it has no value at all, and then people dont trust you).

Right now, we have fully reconcilable emissions going in a hard way to sanctuaries who provide service, to heat miners who officially mined real POBH blocks, to POOM miners who really sponsored children, and finally to POG users who really tithed.  All coin*age given back is reconcilable 100%.  So the environment is 100% trustworthy right now.  I would never want it any other way.  However, the environment has the barriers you mentioned above, and the financial entry barriers.  

So another words, I assert that a coin distribution model cannot be "leaky" or "hackable" with any less than 100% integrity.  Im still open to ideas for spreading the money from the rich to the poor (similar to the coin*age cap idea etc), but so far there hasnt been any.

Also, on the "anything can be gamed" comment:  Not true.  We cannot be gamed right now, because the model is not flawed. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
MIP

Activity: 362

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 02:18:22 PM

***Mobile wallets update***

For Android and iOS:
Added compatibilities with 1.4.4.8 protocol

Available now in Google Play and App Store.
bible_pay

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 02:22:39 PM

**** LIQUIDATION REMINDER for CoinExchange.IO ****

All - Please remember to withdraw all your assets from CoinExchange.IO within the next 10 days.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 04:50:05 PM

that smart contracts=POG working with bugs
exec roi showed bad informations for rewards

tried send different amounts with different 1-10 days and received different rewards   Huh  still in negative rewards.....omg ... who getting huge rewards then?

any experiences with this bug?

bible_pay

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 05:17:09 PM

exec roi showed bad informations for rewards

tried send different amounts with different 1-10 days and received different rewards   Huh  still in negative rewards.....omg ... who getting huge rewards then?

any experiences with this bug?

No, its not a bug, its user error (I believe).

Could you explain one bug we have in more detail?

I didnt think so.

Please don't take the Lord's name in vain anymore on this channel.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 06:16:07 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2019, 06:54:18 PM by sunk818

It is not a bug, just takes some extra reading to understand.

Rob -- I bet its not easy to gather up all the PoG tithes from 149055 to 149259 and pay it out on 149260?

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 06:33:17 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2019, 09:49:24 AM by togoshigekata

I submitted BiblePay for listing on some exchanges:
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges

I heard back from Livecoin, they are offering listing us for 5 BTC
https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/livecoin/
https://www.livecoin.net

We definitely do not have the money for that, even if we negotiated it down 50%+

Im just trying to spread BiblePay, and see if anyone will list us for free or small amount,
some exchanges asked in their forms how much we can offer for listing,
I put 0.25 BTC ($2,000) paid over 12 months from our Monthly Budget System

Why be bullish for BBP?
- There are over 2.2 Billion Christians on the planet
- We have deflationary emissions, of 19.5% per year
- We are derived from Dash, a stable and respected codebase, with governance and sanctuaries
- We give 10% of our blockchain emissions directly to sponsor orphans through 75%+ efficient charities
- When you hold BBP as an asset, you are helping over 100 orphans per month be fed, clothed and educated
- We are one of the few who will offer C# integration within one year
- We have a solid use case being released at the end of 2019:
Decentralized leased Christian file storage, Voting on Christian objects, and Viewing Christian objects
- Over 40 unique features that make us worthy of the top 100: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Nutrition_Information

bible_pay

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 06:53:52 PM

Rob -- I take it isn't easy to gather up all the PoG tithes from 149055 to 149259 and pay it out on 149260?

I don't know, but out of curiosity why would we "gather them up" and do it?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
togoshigekata

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 07:04:30 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2019, 08:15:25 PM by togoshigekata

Im trying to spread the Christian Treasure Trove

https://www.reddit.com/r/decentralizeweb/comments/dcv8fi/christian_treasure_trove/
https://www.reddit.com/r/decentralization/comments/dcvdgi/christian_treasure_trove/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rad_Decentralization/comments/dcvjm9/christian_treasure_trove/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/dcw3q0/christian_treasure_trove/

Please upvote these!

=

Where do Christians hang out online?

=

Forums:

https://www.christianforums.com/
https://www.worthychristianforums.com/
http://www.gracecentered.com/christian_forums/
https://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php

https://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/
https://christianforumsite.com/
https://www.christianityboard.com/
https://bibleforums.org

https://www.christforums.com/
http://forums.christiansunite.com/
https://www.puritanboard.com/forums/
http://biblocality.com/forums

http://biblocality.com/forums/content.php?215-A-Review-of-the-Largest-Forums-in-Christendom

=

Reddits:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Christian/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Christians/
https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueChristian/
https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenChristian/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Reformed/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Catholicism/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Catholic/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Protestantism/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Protestant/
https://www.reddit.com/r/OrthodoxChristianity/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jesus/
https://www.reddit.com/r/JesusChrist/
https://www.reddit.com/r/biblestudy
https://www.reddit.com/r/prayerrequest/

=

List of Christian denominations by number of members
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

=

How do we get BiblePay to go viral?

Slovakia could hold up a BiblePay banner along the highway?

I randomly googled about billboards, in Dallas TX it costs $1,250-$2,500 to rent a large billboard for 4 weeks

sunk818

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 07:39:02 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2019, 01:58:58 AM by sunk818

Rob -- I take it isn't easy to gather up all the PoG tithes from 149055 to 149259 and pay it out on 149260?

I don't know, but out of curiosity why would we "gather them up" and do it?

Some peoplae are confused by PoG tithing and the reward timing. If the Smart Contract Reward pays out soon after tithing (e.g. tithes from 149055 to 149259 are paid out in 149260), that is easier to grasp for people. Do you agree?

cuarc001

Activity: 103

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 01:07:45 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2019, 01:50:19 AM by cuarc001

So, I couldn't get the wallet to fully sync, so I used Rob's command addnode 198.46.160.252 onetry and that certainly got me attached to peers and finalized sync'ing. Thanks for that Rob. However, my new problem is that each backup wallet.dat I attempt to use all show 0 BBP and no transactions in my list. I've already tried rescanning for lost transactions and such in the wallet. Any thoughts on where to begin to get that fixed again? Sorry for late replies. I've been on the road all day today driving all over the state I live in for work.

Edit: I have used wallet.dat backups all the way back in August before I had troubles even.

Edit2: I may have fixed it. Found another set of backups and the file sizes were much larger. I'm syncing one of them now and it looks promising.
togoshigekata

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 03:35:00 AM

I converted this article to our newsletter plugin on our wordpress site,
Its sending out to 564 recipients over the next few hours now

Please let me know that its working, test email didnt work

Subscribe to newsletter here:
https://www.biblepay.org/newsletter/

togoshigekata

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:52:18 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2019, 07:25:14 AM by togoshigekata

We got a listing offer from p2pb2b exchange,
Ive posted details in Pre-Proposal section of the BiblePay forums
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=12.0

=

Our Exchanges:

- SouthXchange (Argentina, Spanish support, no KYC)
- Tokok (British Virgin Islands, Asian support, just listed)
- CryptoBridge (U.S., changed update policy on us so trust is low, now has mandatory KYC)

Shutdown:

- CoinExchange.io (shutting down Dec 1st)
- C-CEX
- QIEX
- CoinsMarkets (exit scam)

SEO_Account

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:14:25 PM

P2PB2B just another fake volume exchange getting exchanges doesn't increase value better off getting the word out there using ads or something else than to pay another big listing fee
bible_pay

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 01:17:59 PM

We got a listing offer from p2pb2b exchange,
Ive posted details in Pre-Proposal section of the BiblePay forums
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=12.0

=

Our Exchanges:

- SouthXchange (Argentina, Spanish support, no KYC)
- Tokok (British Virgin Islands, Asian support, just listed)
- CryptoBridge (U.S., changed update policy on us so trust is low, now has mandatory KYC)

Shutdown:

- CoinExchange.io (shutting down Dec 1st)
- C-CEX
- QIEX
- CoinsMarkets (exit scam)

I replied with my 2 cents.
I appreciate you trying though; but I think we may need to let the exchanges cool down for a while, unless someone has a heart to list us for free.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 [756] 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 ... 846 »
  Print  

Jump to: