Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:12:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 196 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MΣC] Megacoin.co.nz - Forum, Github, Website Now in 18 Languages  (Read 330731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:38:24 PM

You weren't registered on this forum for 2 months after MEC launched... Spare me the bullshit. You're new to the crypto game. MEC had a very shady launch and anyone around during that time period can attest to that.

Do note that you can, by all means, make short term profits on this coin. But if you are buying and planning on holding for a long period of time, you are going to get burned.

You're not arguing against logic you'e arguing against financial self-interest, you can't expect a reasonable response from these guys. Let them spew their nonsense about 'risk' and if they make a profit all power to them - but MEC is a blatant scam coin. It's designed purely to reward early adopters to a ridiculous extent.
So become an early adopter and get rewarded to a ridiculous extent.   Tongue
Only a month or so(?) before miners start feeling the burn.

Or become an early adopter, and lose the most. Just like Hazard's crap coins...  Cheesy
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:43:38 PM

Guys I think we should stop taking the bait.

The thread is descending into a slinging match which is probably what Hazard (and possibly his shill accounts) want.

Can we move onto something more constructive?
sharknutzz

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:56:21 PM

It's so hard to keep on track, I seriously believe that the more he trolls the higher the price goes.  Somebody really should analyze the date and time of his posts, and watch the price on cryptsy.  I mean seriously, every time this dude opens his mouth, it flat out POPS!  lol...

We ran back through 0.00019 today.

(There is a nice segway back into productive forum conversation, right?)  Cheesy

Side thought:  I wonder if Kimoto can designate a co-moderator for the thread to help "take out the trash" - not that I'm volunteering for the job, it'd just be nice I suppose.  I'm not a simple-machines forum expert by any means, so I don't know what it allows.  Grin
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 07:57:58 PM

Guys I think we should stop taking the bait.

The thread is descending into a slinging match which is probably what Hazard (and possibly his shill accounts) want.

Can we move onto something more constructive?

Yeah sorry, I couldn't resist having a little fun.  Wink
ehalvers

Activity: 513
Merit: 500

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:09:46 PM

Hazard does make this forum a little more exciting  Tongue

But I'm going to have to agree that we just need to ignore him and continue on our Megacoin journey Grin

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
MobGod

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 08:27:06 PM

Kimoto hasn't logged in for a week.. You'll be dealing with me for a while. Cool

This thread has inspired me to write a megacoin themed article. Stay tuned.
Just curious have you done anything to be productive?Huh?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
BladeRunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:41:41 PM

You weren't registered on this forum for 2 months after MEC launched... Spare me the bullshit. You're new to the crypto game. MEC had a very shady launch and anyone around during that time period can attest to that.

Do note that you can, by all means, make short term profits on this coin. But if you are buying and planning on holding for a long period of time, you are going to get burned.

I disagree with that statement. I was there. For whatever reason. You hate MEC. We get it.
sharknutzz

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 08:54:55 PM

Kimoto hasn't logged in for a week.. You'll be dealing with me for a while. Cool

This thread has inspired me to write a megacoin themed article. Stay tuned.

So the assumption here is that you write something, and the rest of the MEC community will care enough to read it.

You trashed your own credibility in this thread.  Why would you even waste your time trying to further convince anyone here?  Fairly soon the apathy level for your self-serving views won't even get a reaction.

Anybody can own a website.  Your cryptolife.net site isn't worth the 10 bucks you spent on the domain name.  You see, that is the problem with being a self-proclaimed expert.  If nobody believes you, which I am fairly certain is the case here, you can write 100 MEC articles, and nobody will even bother reading them.

By the way I did want to take a moment and say thanks.  Your continued mega-trolling has done nothing but improve MEC's market position.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated!  Grin
alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:08:10 PM

Hey go on, write your article, how many articles trash bitcoin daily? Don't tell me you listened to them.

Yes, a lot of mec are in the first miner's hands. But i joined in late and was able to get a decent stack before it exploded, around 4000 it was a bargain. Novacoin, bitcoin, LTC and a lot more had not fair launches, but the community made it happen. We took the choice to follow kimoto, and he showed us that he is a capable dev.

The MEC community has nice things coming.

Live with it, MEC might be here to stay.
alex0909

Activity: 261

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:18:21 PM

You sound like you're part of a cult. Seek help. Cheesy

Well thanks for the great idea, i'll order a t-shirt with the Mec logo on the front and Kimdotcom on the back.

You should add more social networks to your website, maybe you would get a few shares. By the way, if you get one visitor today it's me.
Off topic ends.

Really looking forward for the next weeks, i really hope the payment processor is well on tracks. If you need any help with designs i can help.

orco#2

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:20:44 PM

Everything is made to reward the early adopters.  Everything.

Facebook angels got rich, people who bought IPO are just now seeing a marginal return.  You children, know nothing about markets.  If this is your first dive into markets and business, please keep your ignorant mouths quite.  This is a grown man's world, where we know the risk and rewards.

thanks.

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.UTRUST.▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
             █
kriwest

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 09:32:14 PM

blarg

Activity: 170

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:15:00 PM

hazard stop singling out MΣC when its doing exactly what it was designed for and that was rapid growth and a stable future.

other successful coins used the same idea like CGB but no, you never talk about that
Jriker1

Activity: 147

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:23:50 PM

Anyone know why two of my rigs recently showed finding a block each but not showing in my wallet?  I tried listtransactions but didn't show them.

Thanks.

JR
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 10:31:13 PM

I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here. You really think Hazard would devote his life to trying to convince us Megacoin is a poor investment out of the kindness of his heart? He cares about us and our money so much that he spends every waking hour trying to help us?

Normally I'd say he is trying to lower the price so he can buy in cheaper...but it's pretty obvious his mind doesn't work that way. This is basically a witch-hunt because he badmouthed Megacoin from the start, didn't invest in it, chose other coins that failed, and he's bitter. He can't stand to see other people win while he simultaneously loses and has to admit he is wrong. Megacoin could be worth $100/coin and he would still dedicate the better part of his day to trying to pick it apart.

Nobody cares about how smooth the launch went -- maybe it wasn't perfect. I'll be honest -- I wasn't even around for it. In all honesty, things weren't rocking and rolling until the Gravity Well rolled out -- the difficulty formula clearly needed tweaking as well. It's great to see Megacoin adapt -- who cares what was there day 1? If you demand everything to be 100% flawless at launch you're living in fantasy land -- everything needs tweaking. I own an Internet startup and even after 3 years we're tweaking our software daily.

All you have to do is stop and ask, "What could Hazard's motivation be?" We know he isn't just a kind-hearted guy looking out for everybody's best interests. I think sometimes it's an important skill in life to realize when you've lost a battle...and it takes a big man to admit defeat. This guy will never admit defeat...and went as far as creating his own blog where he can talk to himself.

I honestly believe that Hazard believes Megacoin is doomed. I think he's managed to convince himself...and that's fine. But it's clear all he is doing here is wasting his time. Megacoin is squarely #9 in overall market cap...gaining toward #8...and is now the #4 Scrypt coin in market cap. Marketing has been okay...but I think everybody believes in this coin and this dev. I, for one, have been impressed by what this dev has done. There are financial companies starting to buy up Megacoin (and even mine it) along with BTC and LTC -- why would they choose those 3 coins? BTC and LTC simply due to popularity and volume, of course...but obviously they see something in Megacoin as well.

It's not too late to get in, Hazard -- buy 25,000 Megacoins and join us. If things take off...you won't have to be upset. If they don't...you aren't out that much. It's a simple solution and will do wonders for your blood pressure. I don't want you to end up in a padded cell while we're throwing yacht parties.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BladeRunner

Activity: 205

Cheif Oompa Loompa.

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 10:52:17 PM

You can't really argue with facts.

For example, here is what a good launch looks like. Notice how steadily the supply chart increases: http://cryptometer.org/digitalcoin_90_day_charts.html Also note how the difficulty increases accordingly.

And now, megacoin: http://cryptometer.org/megacoin_90_day_charts.html

Notice how almost 10 days were of coins were created on the first day alone. Now consider the fact that this coin was launched with a horrific looking logo, and without source code, to deter miners. Who do you think mined the bulk of these coins? None other than kimoto himself. The difficulty chart supports my claim, as the difficulty only rose to 0.03 by day 2. This very low difficulty could only be maintained if there was a very low hashrate. This low difficulty persisted for a week until the source code was released. Kimoto lined his pockets with millions of megacoins, and has somehow tricked you into thinking this coin was launched fairly. Very clever on his part.

This is all publicly verifiable data pulled from the blockchain. Investigate, and you will come to the same conclusion that I have.

You had ample opportunity to mine the coin at release. I did. Early adopters always win. Just like all the early adopters who mined bitcoin/litecoin. I have asics on order that will never pay for themselves but such is the crypto game. Hell Hazzard, I even mined some of your coin's Made some money on them too. Just because MEC was designed backwards to what you would like to see, does not make it wrong. All crypto is experimental. Mec is an experiment that well, seems to be working.
Regardless of the horrid looking Icon, a couple day delay in source code release (where you could have run it in a VT). Kimoto's strategic use of the litecoin port to purposely cause a problem and therefore attention (yes, it was done on purpose). all of it, part of the game.

I can see some genius in the madness.
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:14:01 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2013, 11:24:57 PM by Alienwalkerx

It's so hard to keep on track, I seriously believe that the more he trolls the higher the price goes.  Somebody really should analyze the date and time of his posts, and watch the price on cryptsy.  I mean seriously, every time this dude opens his mouth, it flat out POPS!  lol...

(There is a nice segway back into productive forum conversation, right?)  Cheesy

Side thought:  I wonder if Kimoto can designate a co-moderator for the thread to help "take out the trash" - not that I'm volunteering for the job, it'd just be nice I suppose.  I'm not a simple-machines forum expert by any means, so I don't know what it allows.  Grin
Hazard trying to push the price down so he can scoop up more MEC!

I vote to leave Hazard's posts as it informs the noob of shill accounts (note the highlighter text for his website)  Grin

Why are you saying miners are profiting here from bagging their MEC since day 1?
I was able to buy almost 500K MEC week 1-3, who the fuck was selling me these if everyone was hording?

Also like the fact that most these scamcoins have devs who release the coin and never even maintain it or check if it needs adjusting (all hazard coins).
I believe it's a good thing seeing the release of Megacoin and where it is today (big change) we can look forward to the fact that kimoto will steadily maintain this coin and update it when needed.

Also you can lurk forums and never even have to sign up. There are also different aliases, otherwise someone like klee or hazard would stalk your posts, shitposting out of pure jealousy (as proven here, who would want that) (!)
spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:16:45 PM

hazard, you have seen the posts in this thread. this is like an atheist running into westboro baptist church. how dare you come in here with reason???

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 11:19:29 PM

It's so hard to keep on track, I seriously believe that the more he trolls the higher the price goes.  Somebody really should analyze the date and time of his posts, and watch the price on cryptsy.  I mean seriously, every time this dude opens his mouth, it flat out POPS!  lol...

(There is a nice segway back into productive forum conversation, right?)  Cheesy

Side thought:  I wonder if Kimoto can designate a co-moderator for the thread to help "take out the trash" - not that I'm volunteering for the job, it'd just be nice I suppose.  I'm not a simple-machines forum expert by any means, so I don't know what it allows.  Grin
Hazard trying to push the price down so he can scoop up more MEC!

Even if he had that ability (which we know he doesn't) I don't think he'd even be clever enough to come up with that plan. I think he's just an angry kid who won't admit he's wrong (and never will.)

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
bholzer

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2013, 11:23:14 PM

hazard, you have seen the posts in this thread. this is like an atheist running into westboro baptist church. how dare you come in here with reason???

I think you have it flip-flopped. You don't see angel.co companies mining any of his coins, do you? The bottom line is that, despite any issues at launch, Megacoin is cruising. Surely you can't deny that?

I disagree that he is bringing in logic and reason -- Megacoin is the #4 scrypt coin in total value and climbing. Any issues have been ironed out. He's angry because he's stubborn. We're all making money and enjoying the ride while he's raging and making blogs nobody will read. Who wins there?

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 196 »
  Print  

Jump to: