Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many BottleCaps do you own?
None - 86 (39.1%)
1-1k - 30 (13.6%)
1k-10k - 28 (12.7%)
More than 10k - 76 (34.5%)
Total Voters: 220

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottlecaps 2.1 UPDATE REQUIRED - HARDFORK JULY 4 2014 to 200% Annual PoS  (Read 388604 times)
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2021, 10:11:03 PM

I just wanted to check my new wallet and I see that FreiExchange does not have their wallet online!!!

Please email them your support for this coin.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mix29k

Activity: 58
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 12:05:59 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2021, 11:23:48 AM by mix29k

I have the Bottlecaps wallet on two separate machines.  I tried to send a deposit from my old wallet to my new wallet address and it never reached it.  I tried to repair the old wallet.  The old wallet has the weird error I described -- it's unlocked but it will not stake when fully synced.  

How can I fix it if the problem if it is in the wallet.dat and not the blockchain files?

are you absolutely sure your old wallet not forked off ?
because everything looks like that.
the ultimate method is to dump private keys from old wallet.dat,
create brand new wallet.dat and import the keys.
mix29k

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 11:22:34 AM

I just wanted to check my new wallet and I see that FreiExchange does not have their wallet online!!!

they're resyncing, and it's slow as you probably know
paramind22

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2021, 04:51:07 PM

They should know about the blockchain you uploaded.   Maybe that would help. 

mix29k

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 05:28:20 PM

They should know about the blockchain you uploaded.   Maybe that would help. 

bad weed bro...
i didn't upload any blockchain, only pointed you to Spiderbox's CAP explorer, of course they know about it.
besides exchanges normally never use 3rd party bootstraps
paramind22

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 03:25:03 AM

I have the Bottlecaps wallet on two separate machines.  I tried to send a deposit from my old wallet to my new wallet address and it never reached it.  I tried to repair the old wallet.  The old wallet has the weird error I described -- it's unlocked but it will not stake when fully synced.  

How can I fix it if the problem if it is in the wallet.dat and not the blockchain files?

are you absolutely sure your old wallet not forked off ?
because everything looks like that.
the ultimate method is to dump private keys from old wallet.dat,
create brand new wallet.dat and import the keys.

Thanks for the help.  I just saw I was able to send 500 coins from old wallet to new one a few days ago but only around 1000 at a time now.   It gives me  an error when I do.  I would check again to see exact error (maybe you know) but I don't want to jinx it as wallet might crash if I keep trying to send more and getting these errors.

I tried to dump private keys but I'm getting that password error with wallet is only open for staking.

I have about 335K coins.

mix29k

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:35:07 AM

Thanks for the help.  I just saw I was able to send 500 coins from old wallet to new one a few days ago but only around 1000 at a time now.   It gives me  an error when I do.  I would check again to see exact error (maybe you know) but I don't want to jinx it as wallet might crash if I keep trying to send more and getting these errors.

I tried to dump private keys but I'm getting that password error with wallet is only open for staking.

I have about 335K coins.

i don't get one thing completely, why don't you try your old wallet.dat on the new machine ?
or did you ?
about password, you just have to "walletlock", then "walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout>"
paramind22

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 06:08:38 PM

I have about 335K coins.

i don't get one thing completely, why don't you try your old wallet.dat on the new machine ?
or did you ?
about password, you just have to "walletlock", then "walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout>"

I was thinking that might work but since it was "repair wallet" I was thinking that was about repairing wallet.dat.
Thanks again.

paramind22

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2021, 05:44:01 PM

This wallet takes a ton of resources to run.  No significant buy orders.  Anyone think of any solutions to make it worth something again?

Abcdefghijklmnzzz

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 06:05:09 PM

This wallet takes a ton of resources to run.  No significant buy orders.  Anyone think of any solutions to make it worth something again?

The top 25 addresses have about 70 % of the coin supply, 705,049,687 coins in 25 addresses

The next 25 addresses have 176 million, another 17% of the coin supply

http://cap.altcoinwarz.com/richlist

First step would be those whales investing in a second explorer and offering CAP bounties for development.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2021, 07:19:22 PM

Let's have an airdrop to keep this coin alive.   I will give 5000 cap to anyone who has a new wallet and can show me at least 10000 coin balance.

Offer good for first five people.  Others can donate more of course.

https://freiexchange.com/market/CAP/BTC

https://github.com/bottlecaps-foundation/bottlecaps

Abcdefghijklmnzzz

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 03:31:42 PM

Let's have an airdrop to keep this coin alive.   I will give 5000 cap to anyone who has a new wallet and can show me at least 10000 coin balance.

That's a generous offer, but the coins are so heavily concentrated in so few wallets, 87% of the coins in 50 wallets. that it's basically a premined coin held by a few people at this point, there isn't reason for new people to get involved unless the coin changes dramatically in a way that
a) fixes distribution and
b) provides some usefulness.

Distribution could be slightly fixed by changing emission so that the current coin supply becomes a small part of the coin supply. If a billion coins were emitted per week then it would be a little viable.

There are about 1 billion CAP now

http://cap.altcoinwarz.com/

but only 62 million of the version that was forked

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/caps/

So that would have to be explained too. A lot of smaller coins were 51% attacked in alt winter and if somebody took advantage of the slow season to mint hundreds of millions of coins under the table when it was easy to do that then it has to be identified and fixed.

A cryptoid explorer would help identify where those coins came from. I have probably less than $1 or so of CAP at this point so, not going to spring for a cryptoid which costs about usd $85.

Regarding b) usefulness.
There was a time when any useless coin could be pumped easily, but now you need a crooked celebrity like Elon Musk to herd retards for a pump. They won't jump into worthless coins unless there is a smiling celebrity with big tits or a con man who has a billion dollars.

In order to make the coin useful you have to come up with something new, or which at least appears new, and useful, but if you can think of a new and useful idea you might as well start a new coin and milk it til the big crash, like Vitalik.

shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 04, 2021, 07:00:41 PM

That's a generous offer, but the coins are so heavily concentrated in so few wallets, 87% of the coins in 50 wallets. that it's basically a premined coin held by a few people at this point, there isn't reason for new people to get involved unless the coin changes dramatically in a way that
a) fixes distribution and
b) provides some usefulness.

Distribution could be slightly fixed by changing emission so that the current coin supply becomes a small part of the coin supply. If a billion coins were emitted per week then it would be a little viable.

There are about 1 billion CAP now

http://cap.altcoinwarz.com/

but only 62 million of the version that was forked

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/caps/

So that would have to be explained too. A lot of smaller coins were 51% attacked in alt winter and if somebody took advantage of the slow season to mint hundreds of millions of coins under the table when it was easy to do that then it has to be identified and fixed.

A cryptoid explorer would help identify where those coins came from. I have probably less than $1 or so of CAP at this point so, not going to spring for a cryptoid which costs about usd $85.

Regarding b) usefulness.
There was a time when any useless coin could be pumped easily, but now you need a crooked celebrity like Elon Musk to herd retards for a pump. They won't jump into worthless coins unless there is a smiling celebrity with big tits or a con man who has a billion dollars.

In order to make the coin useful you have to come up with something new, or which at least appears new, and useful, but if you can think of a new and useful idea you might as well start a new coin and milk it til the big crash, like Vitalik.

The fork was a reverse split with lower emission. There hasn't been any exploit.

And there is nothing wrong the the current distribution. With minimal trading and just a few people still minting it's obvious that the coin supply get more concentrated as time passes. If someone wanted to buy 10% of the network it wouldn't cost much.
Abcdefghijklmnzzz

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 11:40:37 PM

The fork was a reverse split with lower emission. There hasn't been any exploit.

And there is nothing wrong the the current distribution. With minimal trading and just a few people still minting it's obvious that the coin supply get more concentrated as time passes. If someone wanted to buy 10% of the network it wouldn't cost much.

Thanks, didn't know it was a reverse split. Seems though that there should be a lower number of cap and a higher number of the new symbol, so did they switch tickers or I'm missing something obvious?

Disagree about the distribution though. Coin supply being 'more concentrated' is too much of an understatement.

Either way, I honestly would be careful until there were cryptoids for both chains and a person can check things themself.

Bottlecaps was a decent coin at one point, a lot of people involved and an easy way for somebody to learn the basics. Right now it is a monopoly coin with too many coins held by too few people. It's nice to buy up most of a coin in altwinter and then just wait for people to pile in and buy up a person's bags, but there really doesn't seem to be a lot offered by cap unless something is done to make it useful, give it a new function in the crypto world.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 02:54:25 AM

What if some of those coins outstanding are never going to be spent?  Isn't that a possibility?

shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 01:21:38 PM

Thanks, didn't know it was a reverse split. Seems though that there should be a lower number of cap and a higher number of the new symbol, so did they switch tickers or I'm missing something obvious?

Disagree about the distribution though. Coin supply being 'more concentrated' is too much of an understatement.

Either way, I honestly would be careful until there were cryptoids for both chains and a person can check things themself.

Bottlecaps was a decent coin at one point, a lot of people involved and an easy way for somebody to learn the basics. Right now it is a monopoly coin with too many coins held by too few people. It's nice to buy up most of a coin in altwinter and then just wait for people to pile in and buy up a person's bags, but there really doesn't seem to be a lot offered by cap unless something is done to make it useful, give it a new function in the crypto world.

The new fork was traded as caps on livecoin before they shut down. Its not traded anywhere now afaik.

I agree that bottlecaps was a decent coin, but that was years ago. What makes a coin good is its community imho. If 1000 new people wanted to own cap the distribution would be better. But there probably isn't 1000 new people in the world who would even want to download and sync a QT wallet today. New people buy bsc tokens and other shitcoins they can store in multiicoin wallets on their phones. The era of legacy coins like bottlecaps is past.
Abcdefghijklmnzzz

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 01:45:29 PM

The new fork was traded as caps on livecoin before they shut down. Its not traded anywhere now afaik.

I agree that bottlecaps was a decent coin, but that was years ago. What makes a coin good is its community imho. If 1000 new people wanted to own cap the distribution would be better. But there probably isn't 1000 new people in the world who would even want to download and sync a QT wallet today. New people buy bsc tokens and other shitcoins they can store in multiicoin wallets on their phones. The era of legacy coins like bottlecaps is past.

There is one small thing that 'legacy' coins have though.

If some average joe or jane steps in to crypto today, with no experience, his or her first choice, if they have some idea for a coin, is to build it on some chain that facilitates making new coins.

Then though they need to onboard people etc, but there really is no perception of quality in the market.

If you have an utter shitcoin and a high quality coin there is absolutely no inclination by the public to gravitate toward the better coin. Everything is marketing, pump crews, scamming etc.

The difference with starting on an established older chain is that there are bagholders, some of them smart, who can bring muscle to a coin if it stands out a bit.

So, for example, with bottlecaps a person could spend their money buying up bottlecaps, and they would have both a stake and a pre built 'community' of more experienced types.

Coins have always been about pumping and waiting for a cash out, and they will be until better useful coins are developed.

regarding 'what makes a coin good is its community', that's really the core of the problem. Everybody wants to join a gang and nobody is really that interested in making decent coins. Back in the day bottlecaps was a way to learn about coins, but like all other coins once it was developed it just stagnated. 'active development' is just a scammy phrase that means wallets are updated, and 'community' is just a bunch of people waiting for somebody else to do something.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 05:01:53 PM

It is traded on freiexchange.com.  The support is always helpful and said they are syncing the wallet.

Abcdefghijklmnzzz

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 05:40:28 PM

It is traded on freiexchange.com.  The support is always helpful and said they are syncing the wallet.

Freiexchange is an excellent exchange but kind of low volume until it becomes more popular.

They have about 700,000 cap at 2 satoshis, so a person could buy .07% of the money supply at 2 sats.

At 2 sats the market cap is 21 bitcoin or about 750,000 usd. Kind of expensive for a coin which

a) Is only on 23 watchlists at cmc https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bottlecaps/

b) Doesn't have a cryptoid, nor even a website

c) Has abysmal distribution

A new person who wants to take a chance on an old coin might do better with datacoin which is also on Freiexchange but has a website and a purpose sort of.
paramind22

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2021, 06:40:43 PM

My philosophy is that these lower priced decent staking percentage coins that are on a good exchange are one of the reasons behind cryptocurrency.  It is to allow the average person to have a better return on their investment than banks by staking the coin and being an evangelist for the coin so others can also value by staking the coin.  Prosperity through education.

a book on staking in the works that mentions bottlecaps:
http://telicalbooks.com/Staking_Book_RSPearson.html

Pages: « 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 [218] 219 »
  Print  

Jump to: