Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:42:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827261 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 04:54:49 PM

I'm getting the "Error checking for BFGMiner updates" error on Mac OS X. I'm running the most recent version of Multiminer.

Can you please post your issue, with screenshot, to http://issues.multiminerapp.com? Thanks!

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Blackbird0

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:34:09 PM

I'm getting the "Error checking for BFGMiner updates" error on Mac OS X. I'm running the most recent version of Multiminer.

Can you please post your issue, with screenshot, to http://issues.multiminerapp.com? Thanks!

Done.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 04:17:54 AM

MultiMiner version 3.5.3 is now available for download with the following changes:

• Added the ability to "Pin" Network Devices using their right-click context menu
  • Newly discovered Network Devices are now pinned by default
  • Network Devices are now sorted by IP address and port
  • Added support for parsing miner statistics from newer AntMiner S3 firmware
  • Increased the timeout when discovering and pruning Network Devices
  • Increased the timeout when fetching Network Device statistics
  • Increased the delay between fetching Network Device statistics
  • Fixed wrong network difficulty for Bitcoin displayed in rare circumstances

If you have any feature requests or issues please log them here:

http://issues.multiminerapp.com

And for help on using the app, see:

http://help.multiminerapp.com

Finally, to learn how to contribute, visit:

http://contribute.multiminerapp.com

Happy mining!  Smiley

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:27:06 AM

If anyone is interested in testing a pre-release, the following build adds a UI for setting pool-level features (such as extra-nonce subscribe support) on both the Getting Started wizard and the Pools dialog. Starting with this build, MultiMiner will also restart mining for Network Devices that return suspect API information (for instance AntMiners returning bad chain status), displaying a notification when this occurs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6zwedfraqmly0k/MultiMiner-3.5.3.zip?dl=0

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:27:21 AM

HI Nate,
Any idea if there is a way I can get MM to see the Avalon Nano?
I cannot even figure out which driver to use which is odd as it uses BFGMiner as a back end and their software is terrible.  It even has an add in the dam config panel.
Their review is not going to be pretty that is for sure.

I will give your new version of MM a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 01:06:09 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 02:08:13 PM by nwoolls

HI Nate,
I cannot even figure out which driver to use which is odd as it uses BFGMiner as a back end and their software is terrible.  It even has an add in the dam config panel.

Sorry - never heard of it. If it uses BFGMiner Luke may know.

Edit: If it's a newer Avalon ASIC my guess would be the newer AvalonMM driver in BFGMiner. I'm not sure what driver it would need on Windows. It may need a custom INF file. You can read about those and other drivers here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Drivers

That said, if their app is using BFGMiner and works on Windows, there really shouldn't be anything else that you need to install or do for it to work in MultiMiner, unless they forked BFGMiner.

Edit 2: According to this page CGMiner requires a patch but BFGMiner supports the Nano natively. Can't confirm or deny myself though:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon_nano

Blackbird0

Activity: 207

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:25:07 PM

Done.

Still an issue.

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/issues/163
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:16:29 PM

They may have forked it as their crappy add ridden software finds them but BFGMiner with MM does not find them.  BFGMiner that is in their software does.
I will dig into it more.
I asked on Lukes thread but have not checked there.  I will let you know how it goes.
Their software alone is giving them one of the worst reviews I have have had to do.  It is deplorable.  There are ads in it for F's sake!  Roll Eyes

Thanks again.

HI Nate,
I cannot even figure out which driver to use which is odd as it uses BFGMiner as a back end and their software is terrible.  It even has an add in the dam config panel.

Sorry - never heard of it. If it uses BFGMiner Luke may know.

Edit: If it's a newer Avalon ASIC my guess would be the newer AvalonMM driver in BFGMiner. I'm not sure what driver it would need on Windows. It may need a custom INF file. You can read about those and other drivers here:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Drivers

That said, if their app is using BFGMiner and works on Windows, there really shouldn't be anything else that you need to install or do for it to work in MultiMiner, unless they forked BFGMiner.

Edit 2: According to this page CGMiner requires a patch but BFGMiner supports the Nano natively. Can't confirm or deny myself though:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon_nano

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 02:39:40 AM

MultiMiner version 3.5.4 is now available for download with the following changes:

• MultiMiner will now restart mining on Network Devices that are reporting issues (such as the Chain Status on AntMiners)
  • MultiMiner now provides a simple Features menu for setting pool options such as "Extra-nonce Subscribe" and "Skip Coinbase Check".
  • Fixed an error right-clicking Network Devices that are Pinned and offline

Happy mining!  Smiley

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:46:17 AM

Can this app work with latest dragon 1.5 th miner?  Any guide? Thx
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:58:56 PM

It does not see mine on the network.  It seems there is something missing in the API on the Dragons software.
You can always run MM on your system and see if it does pick up the Dragon.  You may have newer software on the Dragon than I do.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 06:19:21 PM

It does not see mine on the network.  It seems there is something missing in the API on the Dragons software.
You can always run MM on your system and see if it does pick up the Dragon.  You may have newer software on the Dragon than I do.

If it's not automatically detected, this usually boils down to needing to SSH into the ASIC controller and edit a file (or two) to allow access to the mining software via its RPC API.

Unfortunately I do not know the steps to use for the Dragon ASICs. There are some steps below for other standalone miners that may help you get an idea:

https://github.com/nwoolls/MultiMiner/wiki/Network-Devices#antminer-s1

Master One

Activity: 238

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 11:52:02 AM

Wow, another great project I haven't heard of before. To be honest, I have only browsed this thread and the MultiMiner website quickly, so please excuse me asking directly:

What's necessary to make MultiMiner work with the coming AM Prisma?
Can it be run on a Raspberry PI, or is that device just not powerful enough to run it on top of Mono?

The new AM Prisma will allow the use of a regular control unit (like Raspberry PI) running a patched fork of cgminer with connection by USB (using an UART->USB adapter that comes with the Prisma), and I'm currently looking around what software would be suited best to run on such a low power control unit offering access by web-GUI. So far I know of MinePeon and Minera, is MultiMiner suitable for that purpose as well?

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 01:06:15 PM

Wow, another great project I haven't heard of before. To be honest, I have only browsed this thread and the MultiMiner website quickly, so please excuse me asking directly:

What's necessary to make MultiMiner work with the coming AM Prisma?
Can it be run on a Raspberry PI, or is that device just not powerful enough to run it on top of Mono?

The new AM Prisma will allow the use of a regular control unit (like Raspberry PI) running a patched fork of cgminer with connection by USB (using an UART->USB adapter that comes with the Prisma), and I'm currently looking around what software would be suited best to run on such a low power control unit offering access by web-GUI. So far I know of MinePeon and Minera, is MultiMiner suitable for that purpose as well?

Not on a Pi no, I wouldn't recommend that.

You can either run Minera or MinePeon on the Pi - both support MobileMiner so you can monitor and manage your miners from a web browser or smart phone.

Or you can run MultiMiner on any PC on your network and - if the RPC API is enabled on the AM controller - MultiMiner will automatically discover it and display the miner. And, like the others, MultiMiner supports MobileMiner so you can manage your mining from anywhere.

Master One

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 01:22:38 PM

Or you can run MultiMiner on any PC on your network and - if the RPC API is enabled on the AM controller - MultiMiner will automatically discover it and display the miner. And, like the others, MultiMiner supports MobileMiner so you can manage your mining from anywhere.

You mean using that (unpopular) BE200 ethernet controller, and in that one the RPC API can be enabled?

Because I wanted to prevent using those buggy ethernet controllers in favor of proper control units running something like Minera with cgminer.

Please excuse me being a complete mining n00b, because I do not have any miners yet, but that AM Prisma looks promising and I'm trying get as much info as possible beforehand.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:34:02 PM

You mean using that (unpopular) BE200 ethernet controller, and in that one the RPC API can be enabled?

Because I wanted to prevent using those buggy ethernet controllers in favor of proper control units running something like Minera with cgminer.

Please excuse me being a complete mining n00b, because I do not have any miners yet, but that AM Prisma looks promising and I'm trying get as much info as possible beforehand.

Any controller. The only thing that matters is that it is running BFGMiner or CGMiner, and all of them are.  Unless the hardware manufacturer forks CGMiner and breaks it (and some do) any of them can have the RPC API enabled in the mining software, after which MultiMiner will find it on your network.

Master One

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:39:09 PM

Any controller. The only thing that matters is that it is running BFGMiner or CGMiner, and all of them are.  Unless the hardware manufacturer forks CGMiner and breaks it (and some do) any of them can have the RPC API enabled in the mining software, after which MultiMiner will find it on your network.

That sounds fantastic, and would mean I indeed could use Minera on a RPI as control unit and MultiMiner on a regular computer to watch over these control units, right?

I think I can see the whole picture way better now.  Smiley

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 05:25:42 PM

MultiMiner version 3.5.5 is now available for download with the following changes:

• Added handling for incomplete pool configurations
  • Suspect status on Network Devices is now cleared when automatically restarting them
  • Fixed an error (SocketException) auto-restarting suspect Network Devices
  • Fixed renaming Network Devices (wrong device may be renamed)
  • Fixed newly discovered Network Devices were unsorted
  • Fixed error checking for BFGMiner updates on Mac OS X
  • Fixed an error (InvalidOperationException) fetching Network Device miner statistics

Happy mining!  Smiley

Maxiride

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:59:13 AM

After the update I always got stuck at the launch with this error: "Error for checking miner backend availability"

Here is the full error report if Win7 64bit:

Code:
Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Il valore non può essere null.
Nome parametro: uriString
   in System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   in MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm.InstallBackendMinerLocally(MinerDescriptor miner) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Forms\MinerForm.cs:riga 6277
   in MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm.SetupApplication() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Forms\MinerForm.cs:riga 6026
   in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
    Versione assembly: 2.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MultiMiner.Win
    Versione assembly: 3.5.5.293
    Versione Win32: 3.5.5.293
    Base di codice: file[Suspicious link removed]
System.Drawing
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
MultiMiner.Engine
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Engine.DLL
MultiMiner.Utility
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Utility.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.DLL
MultiMiner.Xgminer
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Xgminer.DLL
MultiMiner.MobileMiner
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.MobileMiner.DLL
System.Xml
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
    Versione assembly: 3.5.0.0
    Versione Win32: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
evizd3nv
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
Accessibility
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
ofdd9tot
czral3w7
MultiMiner.Discovery
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Discovery.DLL
MultiMiner.Remoting
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Remoting.DLL
System.Web.Extensions
    Versione Win32: 3.5.30729.5458
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Extensions/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Extensions.dll
System.Web.Abstractions
    Versione Win32: 3.5.30729.5420
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Abstractions/3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Web.Abstractions.dll
System.Web
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
vijblftu
kudt21pn
MultiMiner.CoinWarz
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinWarz.DLL
MultiMiner.CoinApi
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinApi.DLL
MultiMiner.CoinChoose
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.CoinChoose.DLL
2be32v_i
Newtonsoft.Json
    Versione assembly: 4.5.0.0
    Versione Win32: 5.0.8.16617
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
mscorlib.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.resources
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
MultiMiner.ExchangeApi
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.ExchangeApi.DLL
h5ljc3-y
qyk4cunx
l3u2k_l2
MultiMiner.Blockchain
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/MultiMiner.Blockchain.DLL
Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary
    Versione assembly: 1.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 1.0.0.0
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.DLL
Interop.Shell32
    Versione assembly: 1.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 1.0.0.0
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Users/Federico/AppData/Local/MultiMiner/Interop.Shell32.DLL
qqlenbxk

************** Debug JIT **************
Per attivare il debug JIT, è necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
attivato.

Ad esempio:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Quando il debug JIT è attivato, tutte le eccezioni non gestite
vengono inviate al debugger JIT registrato nel computer,
anziché essere gestite da questa finestra di dialogo.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 08:55:39 PM

After the update I always got stuck at the launch with this error: "Error for checking miner backend availability"

Here is the full error report if Win7 64bit:

Code:
Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Il valore non può essere null.
Nome parametro: uriString
   in System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   in MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm.InstallBackendMinerLocally(MinerDescriptor miner) in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Forms\MinerForm.cs:riga 6277
   in MultiMiner.Win.Forms.MinerForm.SetupApplication() in d:\Data\Visual Studio Projects\Personal\MultiMiner\MultiMiner\MultiMiner.Win\Forms\MinerForm.cs:riga 6026
   in System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please try the following build. If you are still getting a notification about checking for miner updates, please click the notification link and copy / paste the dialog text here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oygybqw8bh5koy6/MultiMiner-3.5.5.zip

Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: