Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827261 times)
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:21:48 PM

Just dug this up from the Event Viewer logs...

Thank you - that helps a lot. Just what I needed.

Also, I just looked at the checkout for purchasing MM upgrades...would you consider adding the option to pay in BTC/LTC perhaps? I wouldn't mind a monthly sub with that form of payment either since I am mining anyways.

I am really enjoying the new features and will definitely be supporting your dedication and hardwork with an MM sub very soon.

I do plan on making it possible to pay with crypto currencies in the future. Using Stripe was the most straight forward way to get things out there so users could start trying the new features. Thanks for the feedback!

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 09:25:12 PM

Loving the new mobile app. however am moving miners away mainly on x11 as bfg does not support this as am aware unless they have begun to update and add it into their releases. I know you say never got the time to add sgminer into multiminer.

Any of these devs are more than welcome to merge their algos into BFGMiner. Luke and I have been saying that for ages. Right now neither of us have time to do it but if another author wants to merge in their algo support that is great.

Why not have the optino just to add sgminer into it and have no support but allow its use. Just maybe change code of cgminer and rename to sgminer to allow the miner in it. Am sure that wouldent take much time to do and we as the miners just update the miner our self.

Because the parameters that are used by BFGMiner, CGMiner, and SGMiner are different and not as simple as you are indicating. If it were you could just rename sgminer.exe to bfgminer.exe and have at it. They take different arguments, respond differently when listing devices, etc. You could maybe do this with MultiMiner 1.4 which still supports CGMiner, but it's not something I have time or interest in doing.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 09:26:28 PM

Just dug this up from the Event Viewer logs...

Thank you - that helps a lot. Just what I needed.

Also, I just looked at the checkout for purchasing MM upgrades...would you consider adding the option to pay in BTC/LTC perhaps? I wouldn't mind a monthly sub with that form of payment either since I am mining anyways.

I am really enjoying the new features and will definitely be supporting your dedication and hardwork with an MM sub very soon.

I do plan on making it possible to pay with crypto currencies in the future. Using Stripe was the most straight forward way to get things out there so users could start trying the new features. Thanks for the feedback!

Glad to help Nate. I feel it is the least I can do since you have given all of us miners a piece of software that should cost way more that what you are asking (free)!

If there is any more I can do to help, lemme know.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2014, 05:01:56 AM

Updates to MobileMiner Web are now available. These changes provide an easy Heads-Up view on the efficiency of your machines, both in the menu and on the Dashboard.

Live demo: http://web.mobileminerapp.com/dashboard/public/pw0af0QTP3QGdE

Enjoy!

locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:54:56 PM

Hi, I'm having issues with the hashrate in multiminer.  The hashrate will go up to 700 KH/s and will then plummet to low 20s.  Running MSI r9 290X and get 910 KH/s in cgminer.  I am using these commands in multiminer and I don't get yelled at by an error message either.

-I 20 -v 1 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 32621 --gpu-engine 949 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-fan 100 --temp-cutoff 85 --temp-overheat 95 --temp-target 75 --gpu-threads 1 --queue 2 --temp-hysteresis 3

I am running an older version of the catalyst software because CGminer kept crashing on the newer versions.  Going to update and I will see if that fixes it.  In the meantime suggestions are very much welcome Smiley

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:06:37 AM

Hi, I'm having issues with the hashrate in multiminer.  The hashrate will go up to 700 KH/s and will then plummet to low 20s.  Running MSI r9 290X and get 910 KH/s in cgminer.  I am using these commands in multiminer and I don't get yelled at by an error message either.

-I 20 -v 1 -w 256 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 32621 --gpu-engine 949 --gpu-memclock 1250 --gpu-fan 100 --temp-cutoff 85 --temp-overheat 95 --temp-target 75 --gpu-threads 1 --queue 2 --temp-hysteresis 3

I am running an older version of the catalyst software because CGminer kept crashing on the newer versions.  Going to update and I will see if that fixes it.  In the meantime suggestions are very much welcome Smiley

Try this config...

--thread-concurrency 32621 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 949 --gpu-memclock 1250 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-target 75 --gpu-fan 50-100 --auto-fan -I19 -g 1 -w 256

Not sure what the "-v 1" is for in your config and most the other stuff is not needed. Play with the Intensity some, I noticed my R9 cards are more efficient @ -I17 and just as fast.

Also, running the most up to date drivers should help as well.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
locohammerhead

Activity: 530

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:57:19 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 03:27:43 AM by locohammerhead

Update:

I got the app showing the hashrate again.  Had to do a system restore to get back the original settings but now we are back to the first problem of a hashrate that goes to what it should and then plummets.  Now, however it doesn't drop to low 50's now it hovers around 150KH/s.

Updated drivers to latest version, no hashrate displaying at all
went down to driver version 13.08 with the same result.
Tried the config you suggested and the result was the same.  No hashrate displaying and the intensity shows the letter D.  No hardware errors.
Uninstalled MultiMiner and re-installed, same thing no hashrate and intensity showed D
also rebooted a few times.

here is a screen cap

mstrongbow

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:12:00 AM

Update:

I got the app showing the hashrate again.  Had to do a system restore to get back the original settings but now we are back to the first problem of a hashrate that goes to what it should and then plummets.  Now, however it doesn't drop to low 50's now it hovers around 150KH/s.

Updated drivers to latest version, no hashrate displaying at all
went down to driver version 13.08 with the same result.
Tried the config you suggested and the result was the same.  No hashrate displaying and the intensity shows the letter D.  No hardware errors.
Uninstalled MultiMiner and re-installed, same thing no hashrate and intensity showed D
also rebooted a few times.

here is a screen cap

Uncheck the "Set Dynamic Intensity based on computer use" setting in the Advanced Miner Settings and make sure you have the Intensity in your config as I posted before. That should get your PC to hash at a steady rate.

*Got LootCrate?*
tanil

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:18:51 AM

Is there anybody who mine  Scrypt-N (Vertcoin) with Multiminer ?

I really would like to do that  Angry
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:26:39 AM

No there is not.
Please ask the Vertcoin dev's to add the code to BFGMiner so it can work with MultiMiner.
Nate and Luke has said over and over again they will add it if the devs contribute the code.
Please pressure them to do so.

tanil

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:43:29 AM

No there is not.
Please ask the Vertcoin dev's to add the code to BFGMiner so it can work with MultiMiner.
Nate and Luke has said over and over again they will add it if the devs contribute the code.

Thank you for reply.

I will do
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:46:15 AM

Your welcome.
We have been pestering them quite a bit and the more people that do it the faster we can get it in MM.
I am going to go over to their thread now and ask as well.

No there is not.

Thank you for reply.

I will do

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:57:44 AM

I posted this in the Vertcoin thread.
I think everyone should go over and add their support for getting the devs to add the code to BFGMiner and by extension MultiMiner.
Thanks for your support.

I have a question and hopefully a developer can answer it for me.

Can you guys please, please get in touch with Nate of MultiMiner and or Luke Jr. of BFGMiner and contribute the code so we can get scrypt N support in them?
Nate Woolls and Luke Jr have stated over and over any coins or algorithms can be added but they need the devs to contribute the code.  They would be happy to support it and do it quickly.

They serve a huge group of the crypto mining community.  MultiMiner is a great GUI program that beats any I have used for any backend.
It is new user friendly and has the same ability for tweaks and tinkering that cgminer and BFGMiner have.

I am asking on behalf of the crypto community and myself.

Thanks for your consideration.

Thread Link:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.new#new

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:13:25 PM

I think everyone should go over and add their support for getting the devs to add the code to BFGMiner and by extension MultiMiner.
Thanks for your support.

Can you guys please, please get in touch with Nate of MultiMiner and or Luke Jr. of BFGMiner and contribute the code so we can get scrypt N support in them?
Nate Woolls and Luke Jr have stated over and over any coins or algorithms can be added but they need the devs to contribute the code.  They would be happy to support it and do it quickly.

They serve a huge group of the crypto mining community.  MultiMiner is a great GUI program that beats any I have used for any backend.
It is new user friendly and has the same ability for tweaks and tinkering that cgminer and BFGMiner have.

Thank you very much for this.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 07:45:11 PM

Your welcome Nate.
I hope it gets enough attention that the devs will actually act on it.
They really are shutting out a huge portion of the mining community that does not want to run several mining software programs just to mine different coins.

Thanks for your support.

Thank you very much for this.

bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:52:24 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 09:03:30 PM by bensam123

I know this is beating a dead horse, but we really need Scrypt-N and x11 support. I don't think this will go away and more algorithms will pop up in the future, so MM needs a way to deal with this before we all jump ship as the GPU exodus for scrypt comes around. I've been eyeing up other protocols for awhile and it's about time to make the switch. I'd like to take MM with me, but it's not going to stop me if it's not available.

The only people that will be using MM in a month or two will be ASIC owners. You guys seem to be playing the 'work push game' right now, where no one wants to do the actual work, they just want to make the other person do it (I've seen this a lot in open source initiatives and offices). The coin algo makers have less incentive to actually push their work as people will use their coin and miners no matter what. It seems as though you guys (makers of BFGminer and MM) aren't going out of your way to talk to the other developers either. BFGminer isn't adding support and MM isn't adding support for other miners, that just means it will get dropped when everyone switches as MM isn't flexible enough to handle the transition.

It'd be different if you guys were actively trying to get code from them, but they were refusing, that definitely doesn't seem like what's happening here. A community 'beg' post isn't the same as developers asking them for their code. Others and I have been asking for Scrypt-N support for more then a month now and it's always 'talk to the other guy'. I know you're all into monetizing MM right now, but that wont matter if the install base halves or even quarters in two months. Perhaps this is a problem that warrants active pursuit as X11 and Scrypt-N wont be the only algorithms that will need support.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 11:45:02 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 04:31:18 AM by nwoolls

I know this is beating a dead horse, but we really need Scrypt-N and x11 support. I don't think this will go away and more algorithms will pop up in the future, so MM needs a way to deal with this before we all jump ship as the GPU exodus for scrypt comes around. I've been eyeing up other protocols for awhile and it's about time to make the switch. I'd like to take MM with me, but it's not going to stop me if it's not available.

The only people that will be using MM in a month or two will be ASIC owners. You guys seem to be playing the 'work push game' right now, where no one wants to do the actual work, they just want to make the other person do it (I've seen this a lot in open source initiatives and offices). The coin algo makers have less incentive to actually push their work as people will use their coin and miners no matter what. It seems as though you guys (makers of BFGminer and MM) aren't going out of your way to talk to the other developers either. BFGminer isn't adding support and MM isn't adding support for other miners, that just means it will get dropped when everyone switches as MM isn't flexible enough to handle the transition.

It'd be different if you guys were actively trying to get code from them, but they were refusing, that definitely doesn't seem like what's happening here. A community 'beg' post isn't the same as developers asking them for their code. Others and I have been asking for Scrypt-N support for more then a month now and it's always 'talk to the other guy'. I know you're all into monetizing MM right now, but that wont matter if the install base halves or even quarters in two months. Perhaps this is a problem that warrants active pursuit as X11 and Scrypt-N wont be the only algorithms that will need support.

There's close enough to no income from the "Perks" in MultiMiner to call in zero. People just do not donate (that's an all-time payout of less than $200 USD, which wouldn't cover a single GPU). So this comes down to whether I have the time or interest. I don't, unfortunately. So it's up to folks who are interested.

I think it's unfortunate to imply folks may stop using a project instead of contributing. At this point any of the folks who are actually concerned with the algo support could pick up and start contributing to BFGMiner or MultiMiner (either code, or money, or hardware). Nobody has. On top of that nobody does regular donations. And nobody donates the hardware requested so I can properly support GPU mining (R9 donation addresses empty for months: 18ciG8A4SqQyUnwN5YSSMHJQxqJ9iKSDZR & LWDGNbJpiip1wvor6idJmYG1ZMztpPhZEF).

Edit: If anyone would like to list the main threads and contact information for the original authors of these algos I will go ahead and add a post as well. I simply do not have the bandwidth right now to chase down all of these algos and open up dialogs with every coin-creator. Also, in my experience it does more good to have the users request things from authors. That's my 2c.

Edit 2: I've also stated repeatedly that I am not against supporting multiple backend miners. I simply do not have the time to do so myself. It is very time consuming to maintain an application that supports many miners, each of which supports different features, hardware, arguments, etc. It takes away from creating features for MultiMiner itself. However, all it takes is another competent C# developer to jump in and start helping. The source is there. Samples are there. Unit tests too. You can develop on any platform you choose. It couldn't be much easier. There's free classes on Pluralsight I'm sure.

tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 05:01:53 AM

Just to note, I used MM on Eligius and set it up to donate, but it doesn't appear to do anything when that is turned on.  Not sure how that is supposed to work or is just on the honor system, but having some sort of automated system might be better.  Maybe have an address of your own and take 1% of 24 hours and mine to your address on a 1% donation and then switch back to ours.  I think that's perfectly fine so long as it works properly and can be switched off if we think it's acting funky, etc. 

That said, I have stopped using MM because it fails to keep my miners running consistently.  I don't know why this is, because I can run them off BFGMiner and they run solid (All BFL miners currently) but on Multiminer they will fail, not restart and typically I'll check in and find that instead of running at 250gh they'll be running as 12gh.  So I reset them, they start running for half a day or so before they fail again.

Don't know why this is, but time is money so I went back to BFGMiner because it's simply more reliable.  Which is a shame because I like all the features you have here.  It's a nice product, just not sure why it fails.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 06:20:26 AM

Just to note, I used MM on Eligius and set it up to donate, but it doesn't appear to do anything when that is turned on.  Not sure how that is supposed to work or is just on the honor system, but having some sort of automated system might be better.  Maybe have an address of your own and take 1% of 24 hours and mine to your address on a 1% donation and then switch back to ours.  I think that's perfectly fine so long as it works properly and can be switched off if we think it's acting funky, etc. 

Right now it uses the --quota support in BFGMiner. This means it submits 1% (or however much you specify) of shares to my donation pools I've configured. You wouldn't see any pool changes in the app itself as it doesn't really change pools. You'll see the argument though in the Process Log window though.

I've considered doing it the way you mention - switching everything to a pool of my choosing at an interval - but it has a few drawbacks. I am definitely keeping my eye on better ways to do this though.

Don't know why this is, but time is money so I went back to BFGMiner because it's simply more reliable.  Which is a shame because I like all the features you have here.  It's a nice product, just not sure why it fails.

If you get the time and energy, please check the Process Log window in MultiMiner. That shows the exact arguments being sent to BFGMiner. You can even right-click the entries and launch BFGMiner directly from there with the same arguments. Maybe you can find which argument is making a difference and report back?

Harwood

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Two things, first I do leave donate on for you Nate, because earn it.

Second, on the recent update I am not sure if this is you or Luke's problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1ymhbsuxulvnzk/MultiMiner.png https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1ymhbsuxulvnzk/MultiMiner.png
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: