Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:18:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827261 times)
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:48:59 PM

Please keep up the auto-check for bfgminer on launch....latest version fixed a lot of issues I was having..been rock-solid stable for 2 days now...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:24:26 PM

I have the newest version of MM and it seems as though x11 still does not work. It gives a 'none of the pools could be used' error when trying to mine with either SPHSGMINER or DarkcoinSGMiner.

When first trying to start with SPHSGMINER on x11 it gives a 'zlib.dll is missing' error, which I remedied by plopping my SPHSGMINER install in the MM SPHSGMINER directory.

What happens if you launch the miner directly from the Process Log pane (right-click, click Launch).

If MultiMiner reports 'none of the pools could be used' that means that DarkcoinSGMiner and/or SPH-SGMiner reported that none of the pools could be used. MultiMiner isn't doing anything special itself here.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:25:27 PM

Nwoolls, there seems to be a bug in latest version of MM: the app is not launching after logging in windows, even though settings to do the required are in place. Can you please check this.

This hasn't changed. Is there a shortcut in your Startup folder? Is there an older version that works? If so let me know which version.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 04:26:51 PM

Fired up my gridseeds today and found a small bug in bfgminer 3.99.  I'm trying to individually OC some to a higher value, but I have one unit that gives high rejects if I do this.  I found that I can individually enable the devices by using "--device gsd#" to only use that number - the idea being to run multiple instances of BFGminer.  The problem is that when I disable any number, the remaining devices get stuck in "initializing" and I can't open them in another miner.

Any thoughts?

MultiMiner controls which items it starts so I don't think you'll be able to do what you are trying to do.

That said, you can already individually overclock devices in BFGMiner, including the GridSeeds. Double-click the GridSeed in MultiMiner and check the Path on the right. Then use:

Code:
--set gridseed@\\.\COMXYZ:clock=ABC

That will only overclock the device at the given path.

Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:36:17 PM

Fired up my gridseeds today and found a small bug in bfgminer 3.99.  I'm trying to individually OC some to a higher value, but I have one unit that gives high rejects if I do this.  I found that I can individually enable the devices by using "--device gsd#" to only use that number - the idea being to run multiple instances of BFGminer.  The problem is that when I disable any number, the remaining devices get stuck in "initializing" and I can't open them in another miner.

Any thoughts?

MultiMiner controls which items it starts so I don't think you'll be able to do what you are trying to do.

That said, you can already individually overclock devices in BFGMiner, including the GridSeeds. Double-click the GridSeed in MultiMiner and check the Path on the right. Then use:

Code:
--set gridseed@\\.\COMXYZ:clock=ABC

That will only overclock the device at the given path.

I randomly ran across this way this morning actually.  I'm using something very similar.
Code:
--set-device gsd0:clock=850 --set-device gsd1:clock=850 --set-device gsd2:clock=875

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
imall4btc

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:58:31 PM

Nwoolls, there seems to be a bug in latest version of MM: the app is not launching after logging in windows, even though settings to do the required are in place. Can you please check this.

This hasn't changed. Is there a shortcut in your Startup folder? Is there an older version that works? If so let me know which version.

Yeah, there's a shortcut to MM(V2.8.9) in my startup folder, however I completely uninstalled it and started using V3.0.0 since yesterday. Should I now reinstall the latest version or just manually set up the app to start on windows start??

Wallet addresses being updated...
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 10:44:54 PM

I am wondering if there is a way to get all the coins list from Coinwarz. Because for now, it seems that Multiminer only get the sha-256, scrypt and scrypt-n coins in the profitability/suggestion list. I guess it is the api at coinwarz that didn't allow a complete list yet. This is the only thing missing for the autoswitch to work with those other coins. I hope this will change because now Multiminer pretty much cover them all:

-sha-256: I use bfgminer
-scrypt: I use bfgminer
-scrypt-n: I use shgminer
-X11: I would use sphsgminer
-Quark: Not in the list in Multiminer yet but can be mine with sphsgminer
-Groestl: Not in the list in Multiminer yet but can be mine with sphsgminer
-Keccak (sha-3): Only one in the coinwarz list that the miner is missing. I would recommend adding CGMiner for CopperLark mining v3.6.6
-Scrypt-jane: Not in the coinwarz list for now but multiminer is ready. I would use Kalroth-SJ CGMiner

Another suggestion: I think you could safely remove the miner darkcoinsgminer from the list of miner as it is an old version of sphsgminer (in fact i think it was one of the first version). You can get more details on that and see the build order here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

Thanks for the feedback. Both of these are on my to-do for the 3.0 release. When I checked CoinWarz a week or two ago it only had Scrypt-N, so I need to go back and see what it takes to support the rest of these coins and algorithms.

Meh - no good. I can't find any way to get at the newer algo information via the CoinWarz API unless you link directly to a coin via its symbol (e.g. DRK). I contacted their support and will let you folks know what I hear. It's a bummer not having the X11 pricing info in there.

Raptor2213

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 11:49:27 PM

This may be a stupid question, but I'm trying to get set up in advance.  I have my Pi set up with MinePeon, but it's not showing in MuM.  I'm thinking it's because the Pi has no miners hooked up.  Could this be the case, or should it show up regardless?

They won't show up unless CGMiner or BFGMiner is actively mining. There's no RPC API to connect to.

Got everything set up and working, but MultiMiner isn't detecting my Pi.  I run a 192.168.1.x network.  Here's my config.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer --set-device gridseed:clock=825 -S all --queue 10 --device gsd --set-device gridseed:clock=850 --scrypt --api-description Gridseed --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

MulltiMiner is still detecting my AntMiner S1s on the same network.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 12:18:56 AM

I have the newest version of MM and it seems as though x11 still does not work. It gives a 'none of the pools could be used' error when trying to mine with either SPHSGMINER or DarkcoinSGMiner.

When first trying to start with SPHSGMINER on x11 it gives a 'zlib.dll is missing' error, which I remedied by plopping my SPHSGMINER install in the MM SPHSGMINER directory.

+1

Ah - one thing I forgot to mention (and will be fixed). You need to enter "-k darkcoin" into the X11 arguments or this won't be passed in. This isn't necessary for any of the other algos which auto-detect these args.

Worth a try as SPH-SGMiner works fine for X11 mining for me.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 12:37:56 AM

Got everything set up and working, but MultiMiner isn't detecting my Pi.  I run a 192.168.1.x network.  Here's my config.
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer --set-device gridseed:clock=825 -S all --queue 10 --device gsd --set-device gridseed:clock=850 --scrypt --api-description Gridseed --api-listen --api-allow W:127.0.0.1,W:192.168.1.0/24 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

MulltiMiner is still detecting my AntMiner S1s on the same network.

If MultiMiner still isn't finding it you can use the following utility to troubleshoot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v0ri2ax39stgax/MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.Client.7z

This is a simple console RPC API client. Run it on the same machine as MultiMiner, passing in the port and IP of the mining machine:

Code:
MultiMiner.Xgminer.Api.Client.exe 4028 192.168.0.100

Where 192.168.0.100 is the miner. After it has launched, try typing "version" or "devs" without the quotes. That should return information from the miner if things are setup properly.

Finally, try restarting MultiMiner. It only scans the network every 10 minutes but if you restart it will scan right away.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:07:32 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Both of these are on my to-do for the 3.0 release. When I checked CoinWarz a week or two ago it only had Scrypt-N, so I need to go back and see what it takes to support the rest of these coins and algorithms.

Meh - no good. I can't find any way to get at the newer algo information via the CoinWarz API unless you link directly to a coin via its symbol (e.g. DRK). I contacted their support and will let you folks know what I hear. It's a bummer not having the X11 pricing info in there.

Got great news from CoinWarz!

Hello Nate,

Interesting enough, we are planning on releasing an update to the API within the next hour or so that will include the new algos as well as providing an option to specify the hash rate parameters for each algo.  Keep an eye on out for our post on Twitter for when the update will be made available.

Thanks!

CoinWarz

So this will be included, probably tonight, and definitely for 3.0 proper.

Phoenix48

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:17:46 AM

Hello Nate,

Interesting enough, we are planning on releasing an update to the API within the next hour or so that will include the new algos as well as providing an option to specify the hash rate parameters for each algo.  Keep an eye on out for our post on Twitter for when the update will be made available.

Thanks!

CoinWarz

Wonderfull !!! Great news!!! Everything seems to fall in place for v.3.0. Keep up the good work.
Txslady

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 01:37:17 AM

+1

Ah - one thing I forgot to mention (and will be fixed). You need to enter "-k darkcoin" into the X11 arguments or this won't be passed in. This isn't necessary for any of the other algos which auto-detect these args.

Where can I get SPH-SGMiner and how do I install it to make MM use it?  The Darkcoin SGMiner that MM installs does not work, all I get is "none of the pools configured could be used", I have tried several.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:43:56 AM

Hello Nate,

Thanks!

CoinWarz

Wonderfull !!! Great news!!! Everything seems to fall in place for v.3.0. Keep up the good work.

The CoinWarz API changes are live and, AFAIK, there should be no updates needed for MultiMiner. Just restart to get the new coin list. If you already added Darkcoin with DRK it should be all-set.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 01:45:26 AM

Where can I get SPH-SGMiner and how do I install it to make MM use it?  The Darkcoin SGMiner that MM installs does not work, all I get is "none of the pools configured could be used", I have tried several.

Click Settings, then Advanced miner settings, and finally Advanced GPU miner settings.

Select X11, and then change the Miner entry to SPHSGMiner. When you start mining, SPH-SGMiner will be automatically downloaded and installed and then used.

Txslady

Activity: 244

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 02:26:50 AM

Where can I get SPH-SGMiner and how do I install it to make MM use it?  The Darkcoin SGMiner that MM installs does not work, all I get is "none of the pools configured could be used", I have tried several.

Click Settings, then Advanced miner settings, and finally Advanced GPU miner settings.

Select X11, and then change the Miner entry to SPHSGMiner. When you start mining, SPH-SGMiner will be automatically downloaded and installed and then used.

I have done everything you say and when I changed to SPHSGMiner I get this: This application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b).  Click ok to close application.  I even tried launch from process log.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 02:35:55 AM

I have done everything you say and when I changed to SPHSGMiner I get this: This application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b).  Click ok to close application.  I even tried launch from process log.

Unfortunately I cannot vouch for the stability of the backend miners on each system. I find that SPH-SGMiner crashes mining X11 for me several times as well, and then it will start up and work normally.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 02:54:05 AM

Support for mining Quark and Groestl coins as been added including profitability data from CoinWarz:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpm4cecnx0g95n9/MultiMiner-3.0.0.zip

I honestly haven't been able to get SPH-SGMiner to cooperate with my rig for these, but in theory this should all work properly if you have a working configuration for Quark or Groestl. Looking for feedback from anyone who mines these algos!

bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 03:53:10 AM

Tried the newest version. SPHSGMINER still does not work for x11, even with the -k darkcoin command after dropping SPHSGMINER files in. I get 'none of the pools configured could be used'.

DarkcoinSGMiner does the same thing.

Zlib1.dll is still missing if I allow MM to download and try to run SPHSGMINER.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2014, 04:01:34 AM

Tried the newest version. SPHSGMINER still does not work for x11, even with the -k darkcoin command after dropping SPHSGMINER files in. I get 'none of the pools configured could be used'.

DarkcoinSGMiner does the same thing.

Zlib1.dll is still missing if I allow MM to download and try to run SPHSGMINER.

Try running the process using the Process Log. Right-click and click Launch. What do they say? I can mine Darkcoin using SPH-SGMiner and drkpool.com without problems.

I'm also only hosting downloads that are provided by their maintainers, so that is the official SPH-SGMiner download. When they update that to include zlib1.dll I will grab that file.

Edit: It looks like they may already have a fixed download with zlib1.dll. Checking it out now.

Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: