Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827254 times)
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:36:17 AM

Now all we need is OneString Miner support and I can run MM on all my systems.  Grin
Excellent work Nate.
I just tweaked an XFX 280X that was stuck to 364 kh/s on Scrypt-N.  Much easier.
I may have to move the one string miners to a Pi then see if Blade support is any better on BFG then I will be all set now that I think about it.
For the Blades I have been using Sandors cpuminer as it will run them at 838 freq with no issues.  I cannot get them to do that on MM BFG for some reason.

I wonder if it would be possible to use sgminer to mine scrypt-n instead. I tried to use it but Multiminer report an error saying that the argument "--scrypt-vert" is not recognized by sgminer. Which is normal because sgminer require "--algorithm nscrypt" to work with scrypt-n coins. Can you modify the argument in multiminer for it to work? It would be usefull since everywhere i look sgminer is better to mine scrypt-n anyway. On top of that sgminer is still being develloped and vertminer won't be anymore. The vertminer 0.5.3 doesn't work well at all and 0.5.2 barely work better. It could be a good idea to change the argument and put sgminer by default for scrypt-n instead of vertminer.

Thanks again for the suggestion and for filling me in on SGMiner's Scrypt-N compatibility.

Can you give this a shot?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpm4cecnx0g95n9/MultiMiner-3.0.0.zip

Now you can use Vertminer or SGMiner for Scrypt-N and the correct argument will be passed. In addition, SGMiner is now the default for Scrypt-N (though it won't affect you since you have already messed with the settings). Finally, the Daily Estimated $USD is now fixed for SGMiner miners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix48

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 03:39:33 AM

Tested it. It works very well !!!! No error at all. And it is faster that vertminer. Also, in my case at least, sgminer seems more reliable running scrypt-n when working for a long time than vertminer.

Excellent job!
Thanks.
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 03:56:07 AM

Now all we need is OneString Miner support and I can run MM on all my systems.  Grin

You should be able to use the OSM with some work-around arguments until they fix their FW. You'll need BFGMiner compiled from the Git repo. Check the documentation here:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/12bbee661c8421bdaed6e38746f504fde934d7c9#diff-2aeeb1358e42d18b6f41b9def0210860R223

I may have to move the one string miners to a Pi then see if Blade support is any better on BFG then I will be all set now that I think about it.
For the Blades I have been using Sandors cpuminer as it will run them at 838 freq with no issues.  I cannot get them to do that on MM BFG for some reason.

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get a hold of one of these. Tried a bunch of folks with no takers.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 04:13:33 AM

I know the Blades are becoming scarce that is for sure.

Thanks for the link I will check it out.  That would allow me to have MM going on that system.

In all I will have 3 systems with it and a myriad of mining equipment. Everything from 333 mh/s Eruptors to Ant S1's through the network and etc.
Pretty cool.

Now all we need is OneString Miner support and I can run MM on all my systems.  Grin

You should be able to use the OSM with some work-around arguments until they fix their FW. You'll need BFGMiner compiled from the Git repo. Check the documentation here:

https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/commit/12bbee661c8421bdaed6e38746f504fde934d7c9#diff-2aeeb1358e42d18b6f41b9def0210860R223

For the Blades I have been using Sandors cpuminer as it will run them at 838 freq with no issues.  I cannot get them to do that on MM BFG for some reason.

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get a hold of one of these. Tried a bunch of folks with no takers.

imall4btc

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:10:38 PM

Hey everyone, need a bit of help, today itself I started using MultiMiner and now have encountered an issue: MultiMiner only checks profitability against BTC (coinchoose or coinwarz, doesn't matters which one you take)?! I tried even setting the program to not mine coins less profitable than LTC, but still it suggests and mines coins that are compared in terms of profitability to BTC!! I checked manually at both websites, and the profitability data given by MultiMiner is when compared to BTC and not LTC.

So any help on how to correct this and mine coins compared to LTC in terms of profitability? I even tried using CGW, but in that app we can only set profitability check(vs BTC  or LTC) while using coinchoose, and as I saw coinchoose has very fewer coins compared to coinwarz. When I chose coinswarz CGW also compared profitability against BTC, and not LTC. Sad

So any useful help or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

Wallet addresses being updated...
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 06:44:16 PM

Hey everyone, need a bit of help, today itself I started using MultiMiner and now have encountered an issue: MultiMiner only checks profitability against BTC (coinchoose or coinwarz, doesn't matters which one you take)?! I tried even setting the program to not mine coins less profitable than LTC, but still it suggests and mines coins that are compared in terms of profitability to BTC!! I checked manually at both websites, and the profitability data given by MultiMiner is when compared to BTC and not LTC.

So any help on how to correct this and mine coins compared to LTC in terms of profitability? I even tried using CGW, but in that app we can only set profitability check(vs BTC  or LTC) while using coinchoose, and as I saw coinchoose has very fewer coins compared to coinwarz. When I chose coinswarz CGW also compared profitability against BTC, and not LTC. Sad

I can look at adding this to a future update. CoinWarz didn't used to offer the Scrypt-based profitability via API. I think that is new. In addition, the CoinChoose.com coin list when using the LTC API feed is notoriously buggy and missing coins. That is why this feature was dropped quite a long time ago.

Can you let me know how this would affect mining? Or is this only for viewing within the application? If a coin is profitable versus BTC, would it also not be profitable versus LTC? I would think the "most profitable coin" is the "most profitable coin", but I may be missing something.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
imall4btc

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:17:01 PM

So any help on how to correct this and mine coins compared to LTC in terms of profitability? I even tried using CGW, but in that app we can only set profitability check(vs BTC  or LTC) while using coinchoose, and as I saw coinchoose has very fewer coins compared to coinwarz. When I chose coinswarz CGW also compared profitability against BTC, and not LTC. Sad

I can look at adding this to a future update. CoinWarz didn't used to offer the Scrypt-based profitability via API. I think that is new. In addition, the CoinChoose.com coin list when using the LTC API feed is notoriously buggy and missing coins. That is why this feature was dropped quite a long time ago.

Can you let me know how this would affect mining? Or is this only for viewing within the application? If a coin is profitable versus BTC, would it also not be profitable versus LTC? I would think the "most profitable coin" is the "most profitable coin", but I may be missing something.

Hi nwoolls,

I was basically talking feature-wise. However I prefer to mine a coin basically vs LTC in terms of profitability due to my certain calculations. Everyone has their at least one unique formula to mine cryptocoins know (though I'm not an expert in the cryptomining world). Cheesy

Btw, when do you plan to issue the next update? Will you be including new coin algorithms, as well as support for sgminer/sph-sgminer??

Thanks

mstrongbow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 07:26:07 PM

Hi nwoolls,

I was basically talking feature-wise. However I prefer to mine a coin basically vs LTC in terms of profitability due to my certain calculations. Everyone has their at least one unique formula to mine cryptocoins know (though I'm not an expert in the cryptomining world). Cheesy

Btw, when do you plan to issue the next update? Will you be including new coin algorithms, as well as support for sgminer/sph-sgminer??

Thanks

LTC profitability is based of BTC as Bitcoin is THE base coin from which ALL cryptocurrency values are based off.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 07:40:43 PM

Some time this week. I may try to coincide with BFGMiner 4.0 (scheduled for Saturday). You can already download previews with all the features, I'd love any feedback and bug reports:

• Support for Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane, and X11 added
  • Support for hosting multiple Stratum Proxies added, both SHA-2 and Scrypt (requires enabling Perks)
  • Added the ability to choose from a wide range of supported miners for GPU algorithms (SGMiner, SPH-SGMiner, Kalroth-SJ CGMiner, Vertminer)
  • Settings are automatically backed up and - if corruption is detected - restored
  • Backend miner downloads are now hosted directly at multiminerapp.com
  • Support for using 3rd-party Scrypt kernels with BFGMiner supported
  • Getwork and Stratum connection details now displayed for Stratum Proxies in the Details Pane

Phoenix48

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 09:43:01 PM

I am wondering if there is a way to get all the coins list from Coinwarz. Because for now, it seems that Multiminer only get the sha-256, scrypt and scrypt-n coins in the profitability/suggestion list. I guess it is the api at coinwarz that didn't allow a complete list yet. This is the only thing missing for the autoswitch to work with those other coins. I hope this will change because now Multiminer pretty much cover them all:

-sha-256: I use bfgminer
-scrypt: I use bfgminer
-scrypt-n: I use shgminer
-X11: I would use sphsgminer
-Quark: Not in the list in Multiminer yet but can be mine with sphsgminer
-Groestl: Not in the list in Multiminer yet but can be mine with sphsgminer
-Keccak (sha-3): Only one in the coinwarz list that the miner is missing. I would recommend adding CGMiner for CopperLark mining v3.6.6
-Scrypt-jane: Not in the coinwarz list for now but multiminer is ready. I would use Kalroth-SJ CGMiner

Another suggestion: I think you could safely remove the miner darkcoinsgminer from the list of miner as it is an old version of sphsgminer (in fact i think it was one of the first version). You can get more details on that and see the build order here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 09:47:36 PM

I am wondering if there is a way to get all the coins list from Coinwarz. Because for now, it seems that Multiminer only get the sha-256, scrypt and scrypt-n coins in the profitability/suggestion list. I guess it is the api at coinwarz that didn't allow a complete list yet. This is the only thing missing for the autoswitch to work with those other coins. I hope this will change because now Multiminer pretty much cover them all:

-sha-256: I use bfgminer
-scrypt: I use bfgminer
-scrypt-n: I use shgminer
-X11: I would use sphsgminer
-Quark: Not in the list in Multiminer yet but can be mine with sphsgminer
-Groestl: Not in the list in Multiminer yet but can be mine with sphsgminer
-Keccak (sha-3): Only one in the coinwarz list that the miner is missing. I would recommend adding CGMiner for CopperLark mining v3.6.6
-Scrypt-jane: Not in the coinwarz list for now but multiminer is ready. I would use Kalroth-SJ CGMiner

Another suggestion: I think you could safely remove the miner darkcoinsgminer from the list of miner as it is an old version of sphsgminer (in fact i think it was one of the first version). You can get more details on that and see the build order here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

Thanks for the feedback. Both of these are on my to-do for the 3.0 release. When I checked CoinWarz a week or two ago it only had Scrypt-N, so I need to go back and see what it takes to support the rest of these coins and algorithms.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:11:11 PM

Hey folks. Several people had requested charts for each machine in MobileMiner (in addition to the current farm-wide charts).

This feature is now available, and you can share the charts as well:

http://web.mobileminerapp.com/devices/public/zN98QTvVErOIOk
http://web.mobileminerapp.com/devices/public/iYVcsN0pjQNEuG

imall4btc

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:27:51 PM

Some time this week. I may try to coincide with BFGMiner 4.0 (scheduled for Saturday). You can already download previews with all the features, I'd love any feedback and bug reports:

• Support for Scrypt-N, Scrypt-Jane, and X11 added
  • Support for hosting multiple Stratum Proxies added, both SHA-2 and Scrypt (requires enabling Perks)
  • Added the ability to choose from a wide range of supported miners for GPU algorithms (SGMiner, SPH-SGMiner, Kalroth-SJ CGMiner, Vertminer)
  • Settings are automatically backed up and - if corruption is detected - restored
  • Backend miner downloads are now hosted directly at multiminerapp.com
  • Support for using 3rd-party Scrypt kernels with BFGMiner supported
  • Getwork and Stratum connection details now displayed for Stratum Proxies in the Details Pane

Okay, thanks a bunch!! Smiley If possible, please do add the option to mine, comparing the profitability against BTC & LTC, through Coinwarz website. Smiley

Regards

P.S. Will profitability calculation(suggestion) available for x11 and other algorithm coins in MM??

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 11:30:54 PM

Okay, thanks a bunch!! Smiley If possible, please do add the option to mine, comparing the profitability against BTC & LTC, through Coinwarz website. Smiley

Regards

P.S. Will profitability calculation(suggestion) available for x11 and other algorithm coins in MM??

If the CoinWarz and/or CoinChoose API support it then yes - still looking into it. These algos weren't showing on CoinWarz a week or two ago afaik.

imall4btc

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:10:31 AM

Regards

If the CoinWarz and/or CoinChoose API support it then yes - still looking into it. These algos weren't showing on CoinWarz a week or two ago afaik.

For checking profitability

vs BTC : here's the API: http://www.coinwarz.com/v1/api/profitability/?apikey=615dde2d0cb94430bdc2a4400cdfdc08&algo=sha-256
 vs LTC : here's the API: http://www.coinwarz.com/v1/api/profitability/?apikey=615dde2d0cb94430bdc2a4400cdfdc08&algo=scrypt

Smiley

Btw just tested the latest version of MM, while using SGminer for scrypt coins, temp reported in MM is 78C, however when manually using SGminer for scrypt mining I get temp around 73C (with 780 kH/s). Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks once again.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 12:12:08 AM

Btw just tested the latest version of MM, while using SGminer for scrypt coins, temp reported in MM is 78C, however when manually using SGminer for scrypt mining I get temp around 73C (with 780 kH/s). Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks once again.

Check the Process Log screen - you can compare the arguments being sent to what you are passing into SGMiner. You can also right-click an entry in the Process Log and click Launch to launch SGMiner directly. I would assume there's some argument that is different, or it's a different version of SGMiner.

imall4btc

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 12:55:30 AM

Thanks once again.

Check the Process Log screen - you can compare the arguments being sent to what you are passing into SGMiner. You can also right-click an entry in the Process Log and click Launch to launch SGMiner directly. I would assume there's some argument that is different, or it's a different version of SGMiner.

Thanks once again, buddy!! You are right, it's  coz of the version difference. Manually I'm using version 4.0.0 which achieves 780 kH/s while maintaining 73C temp, however when using MM, which has SGMiner v4.1.271 I get 710 kH/s and temp around 78C. Made the required change and all well again. Wink

bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 04:37:08 AM

I have the newest version of MM and it seems as though x11 still does not work. It gives a 'none of the pools could be used' error when trying to mine with either SPHSGMINER or DarkcoinSGMiner.

When first trying to start with SPHSGMINER on x11 it gives a 'zlib.dll is missing' error, which I remedied by plopping my SPHSGMINER install in the MM SPHSGMINER directory.
Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 05:53:34 AM

Fired up my gridseeds today and found a small bug in bfgminer 3.99.  I'm trying to individually OC some to a higher value, but I have one unit that gives high rejects if I do this.  I found that I can individually enable the devices by using "--device gsd#" to only use that number - the idea being to run multiple instances of BFGminer.  The problem is that when I disable any number, the remaining devices get stuck in "initializing" and I can't open them in another miner.

Any thoughts?

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
imall4btc

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:24:14 PM

Nwoolls, there seems to be a bug in latest version of MM: the app is not launching after logging in windows, even though settings to do the required are in place. Can you please check this.

Thanks

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: