Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:09:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device (Free, Open Source, Cross Platform)  (Read 827261 times)
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:56:59 PM

I think it's unfortunate to imply folks may stop using a project instead of contributing.

I think you're overestimating the skillset of your users. I would contribute if I knew how or had any sort of expertise in the area. This sounds more like communication isn't happening between developers because neither cares enough to do it and that's not really something the community can fix. I do understand that you have other priorities though, I'm just expressing my sadness that I'll have to switch. It'd be great if there was some sort of open ended UI hooks so users can hook in their own miners or whatever. I don't even know if it's possible, but there is a crapton of miners and I'm sure there will be more. It'd be great if there was a API of some kind to do this or for other developers to use to make their miner compatible with MM's hooks. It seems like MM just passes commands to whatever miner is operating in the background though.

BTW the free account on MM doesn't work (unless it works by default, in which case mine doesn't work). Sad
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 07:24:47 PM

If you get the time and energy, please check the Process Log window in MultiMiner. That shows the exact arguments being sent to BFGMiner. You can even right-click the entries and launch BFGMiner directly from there with the same arguments. Maybe you can find which argument is making a difference and report back?

Hi NWoolls,

I have ongoing problems with all of my machines that run MM, but let me give you an example of a simple setup.  I have three Asicminer USB sticks.  (These things don't really generate much of anything but they are at the office so I don't pay the power bill, so why not run them?)  When I first start-up MultiMiner it finds all three, but it only activates two.  If I have it stop, rescan, and then start it'll find the third and start it up.

However, if I run BFGMiner directly with NO OPTIONS set other than what pool to hash from, it finds all three and starts hashing.

MM seems to slow down the process somewhere because if I run BFGMiner directly the green light on the sticks has a very tiny flash when it submits an accepted share or whatever.  However, when MM is running the light comes on for a second or two before going out.  Not a big deal, but obviously something is going on here to slow the process down.

Then what will happen is that all the miners just stop mining.  The lights come on, but MM continues to show them as hashing and then very slowly the hash rate drops. 

Again, if I launch BFGMiner by itself, I don't have this problem.

On my BFL equipment at home, I'll have the same behavior.  It'll run, then things will slow down and then they'll hash really slowly.  Sometimes just a single machine, but most of the time all the machines do this.  Seems to happen randomly but consistently within hours of being launched. 

Nothing in the logs about errors, although I do get some "can't connect to the API" type messages.  Otherwise it just pretends that everything is fine.

Now, I did launch BFGMiner outside but anytime I change settings with it, MM crashes out.  For instance, I rescanned hardware and picked up the lost miner, then went to save settings and MM crashed out.  Then when I restarted it, it crashed right away.  The third time it said it found some orphan miners, I killed them and it started up.  It ran for a few minutes before the lights came on green again on the sticks and it slowly timed out.

I have this on 4 different Windows machines, 1 is on a different Internet connection, and I get this behavior out of all of them.

It's not a big deal, because I can just not run MM and everything works fine.  But I like your software, so it'd be cool if it worked better in this situation, I'm just not sure why it does this.  It's weird.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
nwoolls (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 04:59:09 AM

I think it's unfortunate to imply folks may stop using a project instead of contributing.

I think you're overestimating the skillset of your users. I would contribute if I knew how or had any sort of expertise in the area.

I don't just mean contributing code. If you read the rest of my post there is very little support at all, donations, hardware, code, you name it. Even documentation. Anyone could do documentation. I'm not trying to bitch - I'm just trying to frame the state of the project in the face of requests that don't necessarily interest me hobby-wise.

It'd be great if there was some sort of open ended UI hooks so users can hook in their own miners or whatever. I don't even know if it's possible, but there is a crapton of miners and I'm sure there will be more. It'd be great if there was a API of some kind to do this or for other developers to use to make their miner compatible with MM's hooks. It seems like MM just passes commands to whatever miner is operating in the background though.

I should start doing these Kickstarter style  Grin

BTW the free account on MM doesn't work (unless it works by default, in which case mine doesn't work). Sad

Sorry you talking MobileMiner here? Or MultiMiner? Can you be more specific about what isn't working? I'd love to help.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 04:59:36 AM

Two things, first I do leave donate on for you Nate, because earn it.

Second, on the recent update I am not sure if this is you or Luke's problem. https://www.dropbox.com/s/y1ymhbsuxulvnzk/MultiMiner.png

This is a BFGMiner error - I'm not sure what causes it but I have seen it from time to time.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 05:02:16 AM

It's not a big deal, because I can just not run MM and everything works fine.  But I like your software, so it'd be cool if it worked better in this situation, I'm just not sure why it does this.  It's weird.

On the machines that have this issue, can you open up the Process Log window (via right-click) and then right-click the entry that behaved poorly and click Launch? This will launch BFGMiner outside of MultiMiner entirely and from there you can see if the problem persists.

• If the problem persists, it's something specific to do with the arguments I am sending to BFGMiner versus the ones you are using (or not using).
  • If the problem goes away, the issue is something to do with MultiMiner running.

Please try the latest MultiMiner versions if you haven't as they all contain bug fixes.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 05:06:24 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2014, 09:05:27 PM by nwoolls

Okay folks - just to keep you on your toes, here is Preview Release 1 of MultiMiner 3.0, with support for SHA-256, Scrypt, as well as Scrypt-Jane, Scrypt-N, and X11. There is also work underway to allow matching algorithms to arbitrary miners for further customization.

BFGMiner is still the default miner, and is still used for device detection. However, MultiMiner will now automatically download the proper backend engine if BFGMiner doesn't support the algorithm:

MultiMiner 3.0 PR 1

Happy mining  Grin

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:09:54 PM

Another small feature coming to 3.0 that folks have been asking for:

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:52:09 PM

This one a greatly appreciated.
 Grin

Another small feature coming to 3.0 that folks have been asking for:

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 09:52:49 PM

Lots of fun with it so far.
Thanks for the hard work Nate.

Okay folks - just to keep you on your toes, here is Preview Release 1 of MultiMiner 3.0, with support for SHA-256, Scrypt, as well as Scrypt-Jane, Scrypt-N, and X11. There is also work underway to allow matching algorithms to arbitrary miners for further customization.

BFGMiner is still the default miner, and is still used for device detection. However, MultiMiner will now automatically download the proper backend engine if BFGMiner doesn't support the algorithm:

MultiMiner 3.0 PR 1

Happy mining  Grin

mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 12:56:41 AM

Wow Nate! You rock!!!

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
May 04, 2014, 03:50:47 AM

Sorry you talking MobileMiner here? Or MultiMiner? Can you be more specific about what isn't working? I'd love to help.

The chrome mobile miner app. You have three product packages available, one is a free one and it allows you to control your miners or something like that. You click on 'free' and nothing happens.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2014, 05:33:43 AM

The chrome mobile miner app. You have three product packages available, one is a free one and it allows you to control your miners or something like that. You click on 'free' and nothing happens.

That's because there is nothing to purchase. You already have the Free account. I definitely agree it's not obvious. I do plan on improving that page. Right now there's a lot of "self-service" type things you cannot do.

If you want to try the free version of MobileMiner, you need to (currently) download one of the mobile apps (for iOS, Android, or Windows Phone) and "Sign Up" for free within the app itself. Unfortunately you cannot currently sign up without one of the mobile phone apps, though I am working on it.

Once you sign up with one of the mobile phone apps, you will be emailed an Application Key that you can use with any of the apps (including the HTML5 app).

I do plan on making it possible to sign up for an account directly online. Right now I am just trying to sort out exactly how I want that to work - e.g. with user created passwords or continuing to use the Application Keys, etc.

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 05:37:08 AM

Since it comes up frequently, there are write-ups now for using both MultiMiner and MobileMiner with Network Devices such as the AntMiner S1/2 or Raspberry Pi:

MultiMiner with Network Devices
MobileMiner with Network Devices

IronEagle

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:26:18 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 04:29:39 PM by IronEagle

I can´t get controlling access to my cointerra. Multiminer is reading the data from the cointerra but it will not controll it. :-(

The network IP of computer is 192.168.0.84.

The network IP of cointerra is 192.168.0.73

The API Settings port in multiminer is: 4028

The getwork proxy port in mulitminer is: 8332

The stratum proxy port in multiminer is: 3333

I think I multiminer can controll my cointerra only trough the cgminer.conf? Isnt it?

Need help. Could anyone please write me a cgminer.conf with this settings to use multiminer on my cointerra?

Or how could I controll my Cointerra via USB and Multiminer?

nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:23:48 PM

I can´t get controlling access to my cointerra. Multiminer is reading the data from the cointerra but it will not controll it. :-(

The network IP of computer is 192.168.0.84.

The network IP of cointerra is 192.168.0.73

The API Settings port in multiminer is: 4028

The getwork proxy port in mulitminer is: 8332

The stratum proxy port in multiminer is: 3333

I think I multiminer can controll my cointerra only trough the cgminer.conf? Isnt it?

Need help. Could anyone please write me a cgminer.conf with this settings to use multiminer on my cointerra?

Or how could I controll my Cointerra via USB and Multiminer?

I cannot tell from your questions whether you are currently monitoring the Cointerra device via the Stratum Proxy or the automatic Network Device detection. Can you post a screenshot?

Also, can you explain what you mean by "control" the Cointerra device? If you are using Network Device detection, ensure that your api-allow configuration is prefixed with W: so that you have write-access to the API. See my above posts on using MultiMiner with Network Devices. Then you can right-click the device to change pools, restart, etc.

If you are using the Stratum Proxy then you need to point your Cointerra at the IP and Port of your MultiMiner machine. Then changing the pool on the Stratum Proxy will change where your Cointerra device is mining.

Harwood

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:45:50 AM

Out of curiosity, for the most part, how does MM know when it is running Stratum Proxy if the device is doing SCrypt or SHA-256? If different devices are pointing at the machine running MM though Stratum Proxy and they are running different algo, does MM know what pool to send them to? I have both AntMiner S1 and GridSeed (on a Raspberry Pi) and was going to have them both use MM on a machine that is also running my AntMiner U1s and Block Eruptors.  Hope to save bandwidth.
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 12:13:15 PM

Out of curiosity, for the most part, how does MM know when it is running Stratum Proxy if the device is doing SCrypt or SHA-256? If different devices are pointing at the machine running MM though Stratum Proxy and they are running different algo, does MM know what pool to send them to? I have both AntMiner S1 and GridSeed (on a Raspberry Pi) and was going to have them both use MM on a machine that is also running my AntMiner U1s and Block Eruptors.  Hope to save bandwidth.

This is something you'll be able to do with version 3.0 of MultiMiner. It will support adding multiple Stratum Proxies that you can then point at separate pools and algorithms.

Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:38:44 PM

Had an interesting thought today.  It occurs to me that users who have several machines running MM may be eating up their CoinWarz API grabs.  Would it be possible to have it set up so that networked machines only have one machine polls, rather than all of them?

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
nwoolls (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:40:33 PM

Had an interesting thought today.  It occurs to me that users who have several machines running MM may be eating up their CoinWarz API grabs.  Would it be possible to have it set up so that networked machines only have one machine polls, rather than all of them?

It's planned for the MultiMiner Remoting feature for those using the Perks. Unfortunately there hasn't been much in the way of donations via Perks so I assumed most weren't using them.

Raptor2213

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:50:40 PM

It's planned for the MultiMiner Remoting feature for those using the Perks. Unfortunately there hasn't been much in the way of donations via Perks so I assumed most weren't using them.

I know I am, but I think it's more that the majority of hashing is done via network miners or on coins you may not support percentage-based donations from.  That's why I switched my ghash.io auto-withdrawl to just send you a percentage every time - since most of my work is done with S1s.

Did something I say help you out?    BTC - 18oTipf66z8dbwTgRCiPjbdPmqEP7zuCFb
Pages: « 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 [134] 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: