Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 451964 times)
BKM

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:49:39 PM

Paid out dividends a little early this week everyone, got some hardware to set up again this Saturday and wanted to make sure they went out on time.

This is the last week the dividends will be cut due to the double payout.  Next week we go back to normal dividends and we'll have a nice spike in hashrate to boot.

Actual dividend payout today was BTC57.61383896 or 49496 @ BTC0.00116401 a piece.  Things will only get better from here on out.

Nice payout, thank you very much! Dividends steadily climbing, share price steadily falling... It's a strange world we live in  Roll Eyes

Whoa! 116,000+ satoshis per share with 2nd half of mix-up taken out?! More hash being added this week, next weeks payout bound to be even bigger. And as mmmerlin mentions, price still going down...earn more satoshi on shares held while earning more every week on a per-share basis.

conclusion: I would be a fool not to pick up a few more of these ASAP

I would be very cautious about stating that the share price is down on the basis of such low volumes. As we have seen from a recent post regarding market manipulation of MT Gox http://falkvinge.net/2013/09/13/bitcoins-vast-overvaluation-seems-to-be-caused-by-usually-illegal-price-fixing/ - this market is entirely unregulated and nothing prevents attempted or real manipulations. In absolute terms, yes the price is down. But, what volumes are associated with these price swings? Where is the trading coming from? And, very importantly, what are your long term goals in owning this investment? If you are speculating, perhaps you will be better to move over to something that has greater volume and thus liquidity.

Labrat Mining is very different from other plays in this VMC 'industry' given the limited nature of the IPO and his approach to scaling production I.E. hashing power. "Competing" companies are floating IPO's of millions of cheap shares which have a broader appeal due to their perceived low cost (ASICMINER excepted) and tremendous speculative activity is the result. LRM is not conducive to a similar level of speculation due to its low number of shares and low liquidity. While I have not done an analysis of the % of trading shares transacting for ICEDRILL and Activemining, their total BTC volumes tend to outweigh that of LRM.

How do you define value in this market? I posit that the drivers of value here are the same as anywhere when you consider that the goal of these companies is to provide a consistent or perhaps growing stream of earnings. In RL terms this is defined as "Present Value of Future Earnings". Just have a look at the total dividends paid and amount per share of LRM vs the marketplace and you will see that, should the present trend continue, it will attract more of the "right" kind of shareholder - those that are in it for the long haul. Analyze what is going on..... it is critical to your future success in this market
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

Wow! LR wasn't kidding - 3.8 TH and climbing

http://labratstats.herokuapp.com/
fractal02

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:00:42 PM

Wow! LR wasn't kidding - 3.8 TH and climbing

http://labratstats.herokuapp.com/

grnbrg

Activity: 509

Official LRM shill

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:18:49 PM

But how do you *really* feel?

grnbrg.
fractal02

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:51:03 PM

@grnbrg : i'm feeling like someone making a good choice (investing in LRM)  Grin
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:18:02 AM

Labrat
Can you please update us with how many shares are now outstanding, currently?
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:17:22 AM

Labrat
Can you please update us with how many shares are now outstanding, currently?

Go here: https://bitfunder.com/asset/LabRatMining

Click the 'Dividends' tab/link. It will show the number of shares that dividends were distributed over.
bigasic

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:04:15 PM

Ok, my math skills are terrible, so, please don't be hard on me if I screwed this up, lol..

I was looking at activeminer and lab rat. Active miner has tons of volume. but here is the differences and why lab rat is better

Again, please someone, double check my math info and math..

As of today active miner shares are trading at about  0.00200 and lab rate is about .17

If you purchased 10 bitcoins of activeminer, you would receive 5000 shares and roughly 63 shares of lab rat

With the last dividends paid by both companies with that same 10 bitcoin investment, you would have seen a return of 0.0075 btc from active miner
and from lab rat you would have seen 0.07333 almost 10 times the return..(actually about 9, but remember i suck at math)

Its really a no brainer. if my math and calculations are correct, LRM is easily one of the best mining bonds out there..

Thoughts?

BA
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:28:38 PM

Ok, my math skills are terrible, so, please don't be hard on me if I screwed this up, lol..

I was looking at activeminer and lab rat. Active miner has tons of volume. but here is the differences and why lab rat is better

As of today active miner shares are trading at about  0.00200 and lab rate is about .17

If you purchased 10 bitcoins of activeminer, you would receive 5000 shares and roughly 63 shares of lab rat

With the last dividends paid by both companies with that same 10 bitcoin investment, you would have seen a return of 0.0075 btc from active miner
and from lab rat you would have seen 0.07333 almost 10 times the return..(actually about 9, but remember i suck at math)

Its really a no brainer. if my math and calculations are correct, LRM is easily one of the best mining bonds out there..

Thoughts?

BA
Two very different propositions. ActM hasn't really started yet - the share price reflects the potential of ActM over the next few months (i.e. once they start selling hardware and hashing with their own chips).  Not to take anything away from LRM, which I think is a solid mining stock to hold.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:31:21 PM

As of today active miner shares are trading at about  0.00200 and lab rate is about .17

Thoughts?

BA

activemining is an asset (you own shares in the company, hardware, sales, etc.).
labratmining is a kind of a fuzzy hedge-fund like group buy (it isn't a bond since there is no secured value nor face value, it is just a promise of proceeds from a group buy)

when you purchase shares in activemining, you own the hardware and IP that will be licensed/sold.
When you donate money to labrat's company, he uses some of it to buy hardware in exchange for giving you dividends from the hardware (and then charges you a hidden fee for that privilege)

As I've said, a brilliant business plan and it's working out. Surprised more people haven't copied it.
bigasic

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:31:32 PM

From what I gather, LRM has just barely started as well. Granted, he is just mining and not producing product,  but after looking at other mining companies, it seems like LRM is one of the best plans. Now, lets hope it works out like its supposed to....  Wink From what I gather, he should be hashing at a much higher rate as soon as bitfury (I think thats the one) starts to deliver.. I just hope he can stay ahead of the difficulty without having to water down the shares. but if I read his biz plan, I dont think they can be watered down too much without reinvestment into more hardware....

I wish LRM luck. I just may have to get me some shares  Cool
||bit

Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:20:09 PM

Two very different propositions. ActM hasn't really started yet - the share price reflects the potential of ActM over the next few months (i.e. once they start selling hardware and hashing with their own chips).  Not to take anything away from LRM, which I think is a solid mining stock to hold.

I looked ,but couldn't find anything. Is there anything like a prospectus they have online? or Do you think most of the price activity is based guessing potential profitability?

BTW: If they make their own 28nm asic chips, it seems it would be very hard to compete with them as a cloud or virtual miner, since they'd have no markup on their chips.

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:29:16 PM

Two very different propositions. ActM hasn't really started yet - the share price reflects the potential of ActM over the next few months (i.e. once they start selling hardware and hashing with their own chips).  Not to take anything away from LRM, which I think is a solid mining stock to hold.

I looked ,but couldn't find anything. Is there anything like a prospectus they have online? or Do you think most of the price activity is based guessing potential profitability?

BTW: If they make their own 28nm asic chips, it seems it would be very hard to compete with them as a cloud or virtual miner, since they'd have no markup on their chips.

No prospectus, just the details in the OP and at the exchanges.  Price is tricky - my assessment is it's a bit low, most of the activity (in my mind) being people cashing out and some day traders stepping away too, likely burned by the recent Labcoin experience (ActM has similar communication/confidence issues).  The key partnership with eASIC was confirmed (good news), but on the flip side there won't be much action over the next month or so, so plenty of time for people to buy back in (and assess the competition in the meantime).  Disclaimer: I own shares in all three (Labcoin, ActM and LRM).
mmmerlin

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

No prospectus, just the details in the OP and at the exchanges.  Price is tricky - my assessment is it's a bit low, most of the activity (in my mind) being people cashing out and some day traders stepping away too, likely burned by the recent Labcoin experience (ActM has similar communication/confidence issues).  The key partnership with eASIC was confirmed (good news), but on the flip side there won't be much action over the next month or so, so plenty of time for people to buy back in (and assess the competition in the meantime).  Disclaimer: I own shares in all three (Labcoin, ActM and LRM).

Sorry, I've been partially under a rock recently. Is there any chance you could summarise what Labcoin is/was and what happened with it in just a line or two? And feel free to tell me to not be so lazy and do my own homework, but if you already have a good overview of it all then it would save me loads of reading!  Smiley
bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:57:17 PM

Labcoin is making 130 nm asic miners but the missed the deadline they set for themselves to start hashing last week and then posted some fuzzy comments which crashed the price.  They have now promised to release the mining address they are going to use on Wednesday so there was a small rebound of price.  However they still wont start hashing properly till 30/10/13 so its anyone guess if it will work out or not!
mmmerlin

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:08:26 PM

Labcoin is making 130 nm asic miners but the missed the deadline they set for themselves to start hashing last week and then posted some fuzzy comments which crashed the price.  They have now promised to release the mining address they are going to use on Wednesday so there was a small rebound of price.  However they still wont start hashing properly till 30/10/13 so its anyone guess if it will work out or not!

Oh wow. Not meaning to be insensitive to anyone involved, but that sounds like a bit of a trainwreck...  Undecided

Where/are they selling miners, or are they going to be mining with their own devices primarily with possibly some sales on the side à la ASICMiner?

EDIT: And thanks for the info bittymitty Smiley
bittymitty

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:26:15 PM

I think they are only producing chips for themselves. Yes they failed hard and made it worse with their bad posting. It was an amusing read over the weekend.   I think the main issue is that even though they are using the less efficient 130nm chips, due to the early mining they could still make a good return.  Now that they are behind that return is suffering.  They still think they will have 500th by December but who knows....
mmmerlin

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:52:03 PM

I think they are only producing chips for themselves. Yes they failed hard and made it worse with their bad posting. It was an amusing read over the weekend.   I think the main issue is that even though they are using the less efficient 130nm chips, due to the early mining they could still make a good return.  Now that they are behind that return is suffering.  They still think they will have 500th by December but who knows....

Yikes. Looks like that had a v1 on 180nm. Do you know what happened to that? If they'd gone big on that a few months ago when it was supposed to be done they could have done quite well. Paying for two tapeouts at different nodes without commercializing the first at all is madness if it was functioning. Either way:  Undecided Cry
bittymitty

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:19:32 PM

From the Labcoin front page

"In early 2013 development of a 180 nm ASIC chip was started and in late spring this chip design became the foundation for the current development of and production of a highly competitive and cost effective 130 nm ASIC chip. This is the chip that the company now has secured production of for it's first ASIC Bitcoin miner product."

I guess they couldn't make it in time and decided to skip to 130 nm.  Now they are struggling with the 130 nm.
mmmerlin

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:24:18 PM

From the Labcoin front page

"In early 2013 development of a 180 nm ASIC chip was started and in late spring this chip design became the foundation for the current development of and production of a highly competitive and cost effective 130 nm ASIC chip. This is the chip that the company now has secured production of for it's first ASIC Bitcoin miner product."

I guess they couldn't make it in time and decided to skip to 130 nm.  Now they are struggling with the 130 nm.

Jesus, what a cock-up. This game ain't easy, and when you fail in it, you fail totally (in hardware R&D that is).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: