Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:10:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
Bowly88

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:38:35 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I do not think that those are a scam but i will tell it anyways. I joined in a signature bounty campaign before and the campaign was extended very long time but still i be able to finished that rhing but up to now i am not getting the coin because they said that the distribution of the coin will be next year so i am left with nothing i endorse their campaigns with nothing in exchange it is naybe a fail but not a scam but it felt like a scam for me because i work for them even if i do not have a payment and it happened to me twice. But now i am more wise in picking a campaigns.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:42:50 AM

Not me, but my friend have been:
He turned off 2FA on Bittrex just for 1 day because he bought new smartphone and was busy with transferring data from old to new one.
It was enough - 30k$ lost.
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:49:01 AM

Scams on the Internet come in many forms—phishing attempts, email hoaxes, online selling and buying cons. Lifehacker readers tend to be a little savvier than the average Internet citizen when it comes to avoiding scams, but there are some clever people out there trying to get what's yours
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:24:38 AM

I got scammed in my first experience when I try to make money online, after that I read many article about internet scam and be very careful about doing something on the internet. People need learn more about their security. We can't help people if they already get scammed on crypto.
TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:55:38 AM

Yes and a lot of it was when I was still dumb in trading. I was just doing lucky guess and based on the coin that many people are talking about and it the end it has really no future and my money was spent on it.
greatfariola

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:56:51 AM

I have been scammed by what was known by most as the 'most trusted' revenue sharing website in the world. From then on, I never trust in revenue sharing ponzi schemes.
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:58:13 AM

I think I know the name of that rev share lol.. Anyway, It's best to just buy and hold coins in your wallet without moving them to shady websites.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:01:37 PM

in my four months here in the forum and since i started to joined signature campaign i am blessed that i never experience being scammed i am hoping that it will never be and i've been so carefull in joining bounty or signature campaign and i have followed trusted campaign managers because i want to work under their supervision.

That is how lucky we are. I also did not experienced and I do not wish for that happen to me. All the effort will be vanished and it can make me stop to earn in campaign. I even being careful from joining in airdrop because sometimes we are being scam because some of it is not legit and just getting our information.

shouter

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:09:04 PM

My experience with internet scams is only in faucets. So, i lost only time.
A good way to avoid scams, ando not losing money,  is to not believe in miraculous promises. I've seen a phrase, do not remember where,  she's good to describe this. "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is not."
paolo099

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:12:57 PM

now that BTC and crypto in general are under everyone's lights, there is an huge possibility to get scammed or hacked if you don't pay attention.
Getting scammed is easy, many websites, suspicious link who claims to double your BTC in just a couple of clicks!! Be practical, do you really think somebody would give you twice the amount for free?
Hacked is a different story but it's always your own fault if you get hacked/scammed.. the weak link in all of this is you, human nature is not as secure as btc/blockchain Smiley
worldwifiICO

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:18:36 PM

Unfortunately, I have been. I wanted to buy some service on this forum, made a prepayment and the person stopped to reply(((
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:19:05 PM

This considered to be my first scam incident what happen with etherdelta lost most of my ethereum holding I'm sad but all I can do is moving on hoping I will get my money back someday
Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:19:23 PM

no one knows exactly where the scam and what is not, except maybe he has the 6th sense may be hehe, the point back to dirikita each, we do something we really understand and we know. my advice is more careful, because it all depends what we do as well. yes so lah I never experienced it because I myself was not careful.
Somebody told me that when I invest something, I must use my heart rather my mind. In terms of scam? I never scammed since I was started here in bitcointalk and cryptocurrency because I am not yet earning lots of money but I think I already scammed by project ( I just don't know if it will pay my service). Someday I will try to invest and trade altcoins and bitcoin, I will conquer my fear of being scammed. You are right! We don't know the day and how we will be scammed but checking of backgrounds and personality behind altcoin helps us to keep calm that our coin is in the good hands.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:32:31 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

I was a victim of a scam too. The first time was when I joined captcha typing that will supposedly pay me with bitcoins but unfortunately I earned nothing. Then I joined bitcoin clicks for bitcoin advertisements but I also earned nothing. I just thank God that I tried joining signature campaigns where I got my first bitcoin.
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:33:32 PM

I scammed when someone and I had transaction using the internet but not actually cryptocurrency. It's about online transaction with my friend in social media. I advise to the people not to fool by other people is that, don't trust anyone behind you. Likely with cryptocurrency, there are glamorous words came out from the coin but in the end it will fly high. Thinking thousand times before we settle our money will help us to confirm that our coin will not be collected by others. We must be alert, attentive and wisely when it comes in putting our time and resources in an investment.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:40:00 PM

I think no because I also don't invest my money but here I join a campaign and they scammed me in the way of not paying me and my other members in they're campaign and a message to other people reported to that my campaign is shutdown because of it is a scam.

Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:43:01 PM

Yes. In bounty campaigns. Some campaigns turned out to be real and some are scams.
wadili89
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:45:58 PM

Nop never, you just have to be realistic and do not fall in such offers still there are many web sites claiming to triple your bitcoins in 2 days and unfortunately still some people believe in them and put their coins in there and then lost them, this is not actually scam, this is suicide.

Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:53:30 PM

I think yes, it is a part of scam, hacked. When I import my ethereum address and private key on etherdelta, I was shock because on the following days my coins was gradually decreases. I don't know what to do because it was my first time happened in my whole life. Then I decided to create a new wallet and keep secured anytime.
malourdesesmores07

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:54:24 PM

From the every start when i joined bitcoin until now, I've never been scammed and hoping not to experience it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: