Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:49:33 PM

YEah once ive been scammed by a sucking bounty signature campaigns and its really depressing since im just a beginner then..but its a learn to experience and from that time i become very particular in every campaigns that i will be joining by checking all the the details from the team to the whole project including whitepaper
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 02:59:31 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I never been scammed before, which is I would like to keep the record, but I get feel sad whenever I read stories about one. This stories shows us one of the worsts of humanity. Here where in every aspect of industry, there are people who will do anything just to get money. So next time be cautious and aware to anyone who promises you a "too good to be true deal".
Sab11

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:04:05 PM

Yes in lending investments and im very depress and i dont know what to do in that time since i was a bigginer, but in that experience i learn that not to trust immediately in kind of investment and always check all the details about the project and the team who manage, to avoid the scams.

► EzyStayz ◄ ♦ A Global Holiday Rental Platform Powered by Crypto ♦ ► EzyStayz ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Facebook|Telegram|Instagram|Youtube
chard lie

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:34:41 PM

Yes, I was fooled, and at the time I first came into contact with Bitcoin, I was not very familiar with the project at the time and the result was being fooled by a project team.
ICBCOK

Activity: 152

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 06:41:17 AM

I've never been cheated in the past. Even before, especially when it comes to money, I have a trust problem, so I took some time before I joined Bitcoin. When I sign up for the signing and trade, I always make sure that I am careful.
ram64GB

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:19:03 AM

No.

And I hope it won't happen. We have to be more vigilant in this cyberworld. Not just in Bitcoin.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 07:32:17 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

Fortunately, I haven't been scammed. Since I am still a teenager, I don't have the money to invest. And even if I have, I am thinking twice on whether to invest it or not. For now, I am investing a lot of time and effort in the campaigns that I've joined. And another thing, I am cautious when having a transaction with other people. Like in online games, where you buy items and trade it with other players. Being cautious is the key not to be scammed by bad people.
Yarsk

Activity: 448
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:17:20 AM

I personally have never been scam before but I have hard case's of people being scammed through different means and on different networks or sites and in most cases it usually come from you wanting to be greedy and want to get rich quick.
@Mhaiang

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:21:36 AM

I've been scammed already in ICO when it everything that i read from their whitepaper, their team, the concept and the community involvement is seems to be the indicator that the ICO is legit only to find out that it's just a scam ICO. Still, luckily for me, i've been wasting only my time and effort.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
david tien

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

Well almost all people  here were already scammed, it is alright, for as long as we will not quit here, and that scammed that happened to us will make us more curious and vigilant with what we are entering at.
fatema

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:10:07 PM

Let's teach ourselves to mean not to invest in these companies. Because when we invest, we need referrers. Then we can earn more. So we have to know about investment and we know about scam investment. We do not want to deal with anyone else's people.
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

Let's teach ourselves to mean not to invest in these companies. Because when we invest, we need referrers. Then we can earn more. So we have to know about investment and we know about scam investment. We do not want to deal with anyone else's people.
Not yet so far, I've never been scammed here even in real life, a lot of my friends wanted me to join their networking scheme too but I never joined as I have seen that in their life nothing has change and before entering to something I make sure I do have a back ground check about it first before deciding.
JC btc

Activity: 770
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:41:44 PM

Not yet so far, I've never been scammed here even in real life, a lot of my friends wanted me to join their networking scheme too but I never joined as I have seen that in their life nothing has change and before entering to something I make sure I do have a back ground check about it first before deciding.
Good for you, that is why it is so important that we should be vigilant in our decision all the time, I am also practical in making decision, I don't want to take risk with something I don't really know much especially when it involves money.
pleght

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:47:52 PM

I have not been defrauded, but I know many people who have been defrauded.who defrauded a victim of carelessness.Everything needs to be done with thoughtful thought.

oracleongoodbye

Activity: 623
Merit: 362

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:48:42 PM

It is really sad but even if people already knew there are scams,  still they got victimized.  Its because scams are also evolving,  even with basic baits,  but the approach is different.  What you have here is a simple ponzi,  but there are still  Lot more we dont know until somebody becomes a victim.  Just  a double your carefullness, anything sounds too good to. be true must be treated extreme care.
ofelia25

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:21:34 PM

Maybe most of us here were victimized by scam already, and I am one of them, good thing that I just took risk with just minimal amount that is why I did not cried when I knew I was scammed. And, what's important is that I learned from it.
Crash21

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:44:02 PM

I have never been scammed because i know many different ways of scam and easily avoiding it. The easies way not to be scammed is just check everything.
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:48:35 PM

Yes, the classic ones 1) cloud mining 2) trading through forum without escrow

I have invested around 0.2 BTC to a cloud mining site called hasheer only to get rekt after few weeks. They ran away with around 100 BTC (may be more) from all the investors.
I traded some eth to a legendary member in this forum and got rekt, only on close inspection of his profile did I found that the account changed hands.

Bonus: I have been scammed by some stupid kid playing Counter Strike: GO. When he promised to trade me an expensive knife for the skins I had. That was another 200 USD.

Quite a bumpy road.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:50:05 PM

I invested in the NFD ICO. The guy ran with about 80 bitcoins after the ICO closed.

This was before the big ICO boom, but I definately learned my lesson..
sahabond

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

in the world of cryptocurrencies, I was deceived only by those people who gave themselves experts crypto, although in fact did not know anything at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: