Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:12:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
Ulumorzki

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:26:46 AM

Yes. When I started to join in BTCProMiner, I thought this is a legit faucet/mining, I don't know the right term to be call the site, I was amazed at first and eager to mine .005 BTC to withdraw but until now, I didn't received anything, I tried to contact them thru their email address provided in their site but it didn't sent to them.

▓▓▓█████████████████████████████░░           UBEX           ░░█████████████████████████████▓▓▓

▓██████████████████░░           Global Decentralized Advertising Exchange           ░░██████████████████▓

▓███░    • Telegram  • Facebook  • ANN Thread  • Youtube  • LinkedIn  • Twitter • Medium  • Reddit  • Github    ░███▓
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:32:02 AM

I have been scammed before and that was when I was still innocent and giving my trust freely but one individual took advantage of it and scammed me of my bitcoin in the process of exchanging it to fiat which is something I would not do again or give the trust so cheap like that again. Sometimes I wonder how the only thing someone can think of is making someone lose their resources and still baffles me how they were able to sleep with that.
Lancelot04

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:37:07 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I have scammed several times now by joining some HYIP and that popular site named "MMM", I was happy back then that I got a lot of profit from that, but I took that as a lesson and been wondering in the world of crypto.
kenjohannes26

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:41:11 AM

If your question concerns cryptocurrencies, I pretend yes. One day I got an inbox from slackbot saying that someone was accessing my MEW, then I clicked the link and entered the private key. And after a while I realized that I got a scam link.
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:44:11 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Thankfully not in cryptocurrency and not especially in bitcoin but I have been scammed in other places of my life. There are really a lot of people that take advantage of you believeing and you being misinformed and using it against you to do what they please
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:46:14 AM

i once experienced that too...its like sort of bitcoin double site...they stole my money less than a week...after that i learned something about their scam way...there is always site like this in future so i try warn people about this scam...and you know what there is still some people really denied that
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:48:23 AM

Many times when i was new in this crypto, its easy for me to believe in those too good to be true offer and since i have no idea that its actually a scam i ended up losing my money.

Year 2015 in fb, i have a friend who invited me to join in their investment program wherein in just a few days your money will get 80% initial earning, at first they are good at paying but as time passes it turn out bad. Now i learned in those experiences thats why im careful in choosing where to invest my money.

Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 06:51:43 AM

I used to join a large online investment company that gave me 30% of the capital we invested in, and I was lucky, did not lose, because at that time I had little capital. and I made a little of that investment.
but I feel sorry for my friend who lost $ 900. and capital he did not come back again.
and to this day I do not want to join again. maybe today the investment company is already destroyed.

valisa

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:00:49 AM

I have never experienced anything like that, but my friend once experienced it he followed ICO who sells coin scam, but I have forgotten what is the name of the coin? the ico coin is distributed but the coin is worthless and can not be sold. so we must be careful in choosing an investment to avoid fraud
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:03:26 AM

Yes, I have been scammed years ago. I got scammed when I joined some bitcoin cloud mining that happen in 2013-2014. During that time there are so many Cloud Mining investment running. I invested my money there. For a few months the payout got my wallet but after that the payout not get into my wallet anymore and it turns scammed. But, i took my lesson that I must be careful to pick legits company to invest again. We should find reviews from others about the company we are willing to invest. The choice is yours.
ellabanana

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:05:35 AM

I haven't but almost. Remember, the pluggle? I almost joined there but thank God I didn't. When it comes to money, everything can't be trusted.

Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:06:23 AM

I just invest some bitcoin to a wellknown sites then after a few weeks they shutdown the website they are so bad .
WhichIsGood

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Young, Dumb & Broke

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:10:01 AM

I do believe we had had our fair share of instances where we were victims of scams. I haven't been scammed in bitcoin though(Well not yet). My experience of this was when I was playing a certain MMORPG and we all know scammers are quite popular and prevalent in online games especially when it comes to trading. Advice on how not to get scammed? Be vigilant at all times. If something is to good to be true, it probably is. Only you can protect yourself.

Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:18:10 AM

Here in the forum only spreading the news about the scam sites can be our way to prevent them from being a victim too.

That is all we have. I have been through this also, the hard part is it is not just a scam but more of a hack also.
I dont know how they did it but they got my email password and so does one account of mine here.

Sad but true. It will always happen when there is money involved.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1219

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:19:55 AM

I am sure over 80% of members here would've had such an experience. It's a noob baptism. I was scammed twice by such sites before I realized my stupidity. I think it was a bitcoindoubler or something as they were called. I sent in 0.001 and got it doubled first time after 100hours. It was their term. Then I sent 0.005, expecting 0.01 after 100hours. It didn't come through after four days. I sent in another 0.001 and that was it. All that happened in March this year as a Jr Member or so. Never again!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sadapara78

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:23:25 AM

Thank you for this team! It was interesting for me to read answers. It will be useful for all newborn in bitcoin Cheesy
TopT3ns

Activity: 2576
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2017, 07:26:47 AM

scammed from ponzi/hyip site maybe not because i not interested with something like that, but in past when i like to gamble i buy some dice trick, but still lose and my money gone in gambling site

zolfa

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:27:19 AM

I have never joined an online based investment company, but I once joined a real investment company, and I made little profit. and today after I know bitcoin, I think bitcoin is an investment that can give big advantage
bitfornewbs

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:30:43 AM

I did not experience it yet and hopefully it will not happen to me. But I heard a lot of people that they were scammed by others. Nowadays, some people used bitcoin to scammed others that it gives bad image to bitcoin. We should also be aware in trusting people.
West0813

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:37:06 AM

I am thankful because i did not experience to be scammed by somebody. I wish i will not experienced it in the future. These scammer don't think what they are doing. They are getting our hard earn money.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: