Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:34:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
Jedie22

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:37:16 AM

Not yet but it will never happen. Since I started earning bitcoin I never invest my own money just to buy a bitcoin. All the money that I earned were came from in this forum and I used that to double my money through buying an alternative coins. Many people were scammed because they are desperate to earn money that's why they are investing their money to those scammers without doing a research about it.

How sure you are that it will not happen? Well, as long as you will secure all the private information that you have definitely it will happen but as we all know scammers wi do the best as they can in order to be success on their mission. Scammers here in cyberworld are rampant which most of them makes you convince, that's why I observed and try to know all the possible details if it is safe or not.
webdevmastery

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:40:00 AM

Yeap here in bitcointalk when I came here on 2016, had a transaction on pokerstars and they freezed my account and return the money to the account owner, down 200$

There are gambling sites which are not really legitimate this days even in some exchangers, You were just very unlucky to play on that site and you trusted them immediately. I never been scammed before by any betting sites, My only experienced being scammed is not being payed the exact amount i should get from campaigns.
Flyfifer

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:47:51 AM

Yes!
Good morning everyone,

I was scammed on a site called BM options, a trading site, i think the trading sites are the biggest scammers on the net. I only lost $1000, but one port chap lost $10k! They are so convincing in their appearance i would say the same as others on here, read up on your chosen path, ask questions in forums such as this and take your time to get it right.

Right now i am looking for info from the forum members as to who has the best auto trading bot around at the moment?
megalith07

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:55:19 AM

Truly I am and it is identical to my two months compensation. At the point when that was transpired I thought I never put resources into any sort of systems administration organization however when I caught wind of BTC and simply joining mark crusade nothing to lose cash I chose to find out about it and afterward here I am. I completely confide in BTC.
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:00:10 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I think that no one can avoid scams when participating in the world MMO. We will have more experience. everything stupidity are paid with money
ome of my valuable experience after losing some money in exchange for this intelligent: no HYIP, no dice, no mine site

Make me great again
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:06:42 AM

No, but I dont want experience to become a victim of scam, to protect your money just move them to a private wallet and dont trust unknown people.
hgkcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:23:22 AM

Bitcoin transactions can easily be run, so in the choice of cooperation projects must first understand the details of the project.
topkhai

Activity: 351

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:32:00 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

good topic !
I have never experienced internet scams "BTC".
isn't easy to invest get a good profit all need a process let alone in a way previous playing game that you and your friends do it.
many people always want a high profit in investing without considering the possibility of this risk will open scammers action.
help people not to get scammed just like you do with share in public. i have learned lessons from your experience and your friends.
thank's.
aditya6997

Activity: 198

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:34:53 AM

i lost 0.6 btc in 2016 in hashocean cloud mining  Cry
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:37:50 AM

Yes I also experience being scam. And that happens lately. Well for me there is no way to prevent being scam but there would be ways to teach you what will you do incase you experience scam. Be a smart netizen and investor. Read first all the info about the thing before choosing to join and invest to that particular campaign or site. Make sure that you made the right choice. Choose the persons who have positive trust  and have many positive feedbacks with his co-workers.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:38:54 AM

Not yet but it will never happen. Since I started earning bitcoin I never invest my own money just to buy a bitcoin. All the money that I earned were came from in this forum and I used that to double my money through buying an alternative coins. Many people were scammed because they are desperate to earn money that's why they are investing their money to those scammers without doing a research about it.
I think it's natural that many people get scammed because that's the risk of investing in online where all the identity is very secret and undercover. luckily you did not join in some investment sites so you're not hit by a scam. I get a lot of lessons from this. I invested in many sites like ptc, mining, and ponzi and nothing can live long term. it all ended up scam. I think only bitcoin investment is worthed and trusted..
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:43:41 AM

not at all because when i enter to some investments i search first to their group if i see some mistake i do not join so im not scam at any investments.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:13:18 AM

Nope I have not. I have always been careful of my actions and always doubt suspicious things when things get dirty. Maybe this is a result of the way my parents raised me and living here in a third world country. And since I started bitcoin I really read first about it found it that it is prone to scams and even hackers. And with that I am always careful with every security details and only transacts in something official and recognized well. It really will not hurt to he careful and it is also okay to feel in doubr to things.

Eugenar

Activity: 1274
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:18:06 AM

Actually yes, but not with trading. I joined a campaign before and they didn't pay their participants. I know that it is a risk on bounty campaigns and such uncertainties has probabilities to happen. What to do is to learn from these experiences and make use of the learned knowledge. Always check the background of something you are into. Check the credibility to avoid such things to happen.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:26:08 AM

Yes I've been scammed once and it's really a bad feeling. I felt disappointed the whole week. I found and online and data entry job online and been typing for weeks already until I found out that the site was scam. I was expecting a cashout already and it just came up with nothing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:32:21 AM

i have get being scammed from some one who wanna buy my XRB, it's free coin old days, but now XRB the price is going high and high,

i have only 0.3 XRB then the minimum to withdraw is 10 to exchange wallet and some one send me a message that he accept a XRB with minimum amount and will exchange it into bank wire transfer or some voucher on my local exchange, yeah.. i know that will might be a scammer and i totally didn't suspicious at all, just like being hypnotic by him.

and after i send the XRB, i can't see where is trx who should be already on my wallet. and he run away.

if you know the "Escrow" it's very very helpful even it's only small amount, do it before you lose it.
DimaS1574

Activity: 448
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:05:06 AM

Surely I  have been scammed, the total statistic  of scammed projects is 20/80, so if you take part of bounty or invest in ICO be careful it is very easy to be scammed
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:18:38 PM

If  you are in this business more than six month - I can give you100% percent sure that you was scammed. And I am not exception.  I was scammed  several times. It was relly bad feeling
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:24:59 AM

Unfortunately Yes, I was scammed when I am new here in bitcoins. I lost my .00005 BTC in just a sigle moment through lack of experience my money is stolen and scam by someone.
From my past experience I learned how to be careful enough in every decision that I will make.
Albe96XDAa

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:28:45 AM

I've got scammed sending 0.001 ETH as gas fee for some airdrop. Never get to see any airdrop so definitely a scam. Luckily its not a big sum but good lesson learned.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: