Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:36:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
slyfox

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:35:21 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

Scammed can happen by anyone anywhere.
I've also been stuck scam a site that offers will make 3x profit from bitcoins investment for 30 days. Then on the 27th day, my account was blocked, I can't withdraw my earnings even my deposit.
At least, I get a valuable lesson, something that offers a profit that is too profitable may be a trap, even though the site is trusted.
This is very common and it happened to me once as well the only good thing of it is that I only lost a few dollars because of it but since then I have learned to be a lot more careful and since then I have not being scammed once.
c0py

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 11:56:44 PM

I got scammed in Zeekrewards  Angry
mintomia199

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:49:26 AM

i faced scam few days ago.it is very dangerous to fall in trap and it results in a great loss.to avoid this kind of scam,always skip this kind of offer and also don't be greedy if you get any offer.Before using  any website,do a discussion with experts.
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:53:02 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

yes I used to have experienced scammed I never followed a hyip program before I did not know that it is a hyip, with the lure of 150% profit and a few days later I did not get paid.
White32

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 08:43:05 AM

Since i am a new one here in bitcoin i'd never been scammed yet. I hope i'll never experience it in the entire time that i'm here.

███ P2P CASH ▬ ███ ▍ SMART CONTRACT PLATFORMis the platform fully dedicated to ██████████ JOIN ██████████ ◥ international money transactions ▐ ◼ discordtwittertelegram
BeEvil

Activity: 406
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:56:33 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 11:10:14 AM by BeEvil

Yes, but anyway, any scam project is an experience that you get and use in the future. Experience that is difficult to get from another, but you become more attentive to details.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 05:58:52 PM

Haven't got scammed, but once got into the traps of hackers and lost some amount in bitcoin from the wallet. Later understood the risks associated with bitcoin as well other digital currencies. Everyone won't get scammed easily, people who were with greed as well won't analyze the legitimacy gets scammed.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:15:31 PM

Not really, but as an online businessman and trader you need to always prepare for scam, so that it won't brake you down when it happen,
kumarcp

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:21:28 PM

No I have not gone through that
Cacaparg

Activity: 835
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:22:23 PM

God bless  i was scammed only as a bounty participation. surely it was unpleasent and was wasted time. but it is not  so big problem if you invest money  in the scummed projects
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:24:41 PM

That is very incisive information from you. This kind of information is one of the major benefit of being a forum member. For me I am yet to be scammed and I will not be scammed because of the i have the experience.
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 09:20:09 PM

Some time ago I participated in DAO ICO. Then I have got a tokens on the sum about 300 dollars. After the platform was attacked by hackers all my tokens were stolen. Thanks to providers. All my money were returned.
jona

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:15:25 PM

yes, i was scammed by one of the pyramid platform and i lost about $5000 last year.If I have invested that money on cryptocurrency and bitcoin in particular it would have been a great investment for me today.
qweenbeey89

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:21:47 PM

Good talk. One needs to be sensitive , scammers are every where like "Mtn". Guys welcome me,  I'm a new bee !🙄🤗
no one knows exactly where the scam and what is not, except maybe he has the 6th sense may be hehe, the point back to dirikita each, we do something we really understand and we know. my advice is more careful, because it all depends what we do as well. yes so lah I never experienced it because I myself was not careful.
[/quote]
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:30:40 PM

Yes i have been scammed when the first time i know bitcoin someone offer me to joined to his investment using bitcoin. I thought its legit but in 3 days i'm waiting to my pay out then that guy blocked me on facebook until now i never saw him again.
MarkoViewly

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:40:35 PM

Yeah, sadly and it's not easy to admit I have been scammed. It was at a time where I basically knew nothing about crypto/bitcoin and I received this great deal to trade virtual game items for real money, like 10% more than the amount I was expecting to get. I got greedy and made an agreement with the potential buyer to send me the Bitcoins first and then I was supposed to send over the virtual goods over to him. I created a new wallet and from everything I searched on the internet as fast as I could, I was ready to receive Bitcoin in my wallet. I shared my address with him and he confirmed that he sent the amount and I should check it. I opened my wallet and saw that I had the amount that we agreed upon in my wallet. I also opened the transaction and everything, but I never knew that you should at least wait for 3 confirmations until the money is safe in your wallet. I transferred the items to him and we said goodbye to each other and I tried to use the coins in my wallet to buy something else online. This is where things got strange to me. Then I did my research calmly and found out that the guy double spent his coins and I got left with 0 in my wallet. It was a lesson I learned the hard way lol. I suggest whatever you do online you should first educate yourself and not act like you know it all because you can easily get burned by people who do not care about anything besides scamming you. Good luck guys!
samimot

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 10:59:41 PM

yes when i was a newbie here in crypto almost 0.03 btc i tried to invest in a site but until severals days that site can't be reached
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:02:17 PM

That's why don't trust doublers, they are attracting people to invest first to try it out with small amount and after getting the sentiments from paying that tiny amount. The person that received the payout will be encouraged to invest some more since he's confident that it will pay again. I got scammed before but not only with crypto related investment. I was a victim of those HYIP's before when I was really new to bitcoin. And to help people from these scams, we just need to warn them about those scams and share our experiences.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
reymartH

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:07:38 PM

Don’t trust anyone claiming they will give you or help you mine bitcoin. Again, cryptocurrency is valued by cybercriminals for a reason, and nefarious behavior related to bitcoin runs rampant on social media and digital channels.
Rukawa2k

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 11:21:23 PM

I have been scammed once when I was new to Cryptocurrency. The bottom line is scammers also want to profit somehow from Bitcoin, but through nefarious means. This typically involves targeting unprepared victims, who end up losing their Bitcoin as a result.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: