Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
jdeanne92

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:32:15 AM

I did but when I was younger, playing a video game called MU, nowdays I  exchange using trustwhorty websites or individuals.
We have same issue brother. I was also scammed by an MU player in the past. At first the person was being so nice but it was part of his plan to scam me. He succeded in the end and left me broke
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:33:17 AM

no i never get scammed, the only thing that you have to care about if you won't get scammed is don't "walk" alone. "walk" with the seniors of crypto, so you might be not getting scammed
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:39:46 AM

Luckily, I haven't experienced any kind of scam yet and I hope not to experience either. To avoid scams, what I always do is I activate my attitude of being a "double checker" to every move I made here in the crypto world — I am a kind of person who analyze first the investment platform before joining in. I do not easily believe on the rumors spreading around me, I check it for myself meticulously.

Through this plus the common sense and good intuition I have, I am able to determine whether it is a scam or not. I think everyone should do these also. Smiley
blackbutterfly

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:53:44 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy t ishere said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

For me,I don't experience yet to scammed.Base for what I am doing now through Bitcoin it is a great kind of online jobs for me.maybe in the other kind of online but the Bitcoin doesn't I think.there are lots of internet scammed but I promise you,bitcoin is not.this is based on my experience I don't know to others

lunaalthea

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:15:40 AM

I have an experience of being scammed. It was a woman who made up an event and scammed me 100 dollars. She deleted her facebook after that and I tried to contact her but I cannot reach her. From my experience I learned that I should know how to research, and also ask from people who have experiences particularly in this case which is bitcoin.

CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:26:55 AM

I have never been scammed. I am too paranoid, thats one lesson bitcoin has taught me. I was lucky when I was introduced into bitcoin I was broke. So i didnt fall into the traps many fall into.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:03:19 PM

i was scammed several times, that was when i newly join crypto currency, i gat scammed through some investment websites that promise you some daily return of your investment, which  turn out to be a scam projects at the long run. that was  back in 2014 i lost over 2BTC.
just like the saying goes, once beaten twice shy.
i have learn my lesson 4yrs ago
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:26:42 PM

Never been scammed.i say if you are careful enough. You cannot be a victim of scamming. We all know scammers are everywhere. Some people as well think bitcoin is a scam. I am one living witness bitcoin is never a scam where in fact it is the number one crypto currency in the present market. This is also a best blessing to everyone who has been using it for years.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:29:12 PM

i was scammed several times, that was when i newly join crypto currency, i gat scammed through some investment websites that promise you some daily return of your investment, which  turn out to be a scam projects at the long run. that was  back in 2014 i lost over 2BTC.
just like the saying goes, once beaten twice shy.
i have learn my lesson 4yrs ago

At present there a lot of "investment sites" where you "can earn more bitcoins". 90% of them do not use trading at all - just a scam

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
KennyR

Activity: 2296
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:37:59 PM

I have never been scammed. I am too paranoid, thats one lesson bitcoin has taught me. I was lucky when I was introduced into bitcoin I was broke. So i didnt fall into the traps many fall into.
Doesn't got scammed through an investment or some other pyramid schemes that has been promoted through the name of bitcoin. I got hacked and lost around 0.5btc, later tried the maximum possible to get it back. Finally all my efforts went out of usage.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
CryptoRothschild

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

In a way or in another everybody gets scammed sooner or later. As for my case, I have been scammed by a very reputable German bank, so from that day onward I have reconsidered all what I believe and now I make money with cryptos, taking care to avoid scammers which are everywhere also here.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:49:56 PM

Real money not yet but in some ICO when I participated on their bounty program I experienced being scammed all my time and effort are wasted. A lot of scams around the world so people should be more careful this time to prevent loosing your hard earned money.

Aw that's suck, hoping that you'll get your coins after a lot of effort and time but will become a scam project. That's why I didn't try again to participate in those things 😂. Me too,  got scammed but not in the bounty programs

realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:20:08 PM

90% of people that do any business in internet always have this experience, The most important thing is to learn the lesson very fast and take precaution.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:22:53 PM

I have been scammed for some times, but in that situation i have been more alert and careful, because if you ket that happen to you over and over again, you wont be successful in the btc and also in the other cryptocurrency that you wanted you own. Many are being scammed because they didnt look for much info about the ico that they are joining.
ShineftChaos

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 01:25:26 PM

I have never been scammed. Nowadays there are a lot of people out there that you cant trust. I have never used my own money just to earn bitcoin. I am just focusing here in this forum and all my earnings are directly goes to my savings.

Apparently, yes i have been scammed several times. Those doublers and pyramid scheme. I already learn a lot don't trust that easily. There are many schemes that pay you at first then when you increase your investment they will just disappear.

LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:18:43 PM

Thanks heaven I haven't been scammed. Im not really easily persuaded if someone offers me something how much more if it comes to money/bitcoin. And I don't easily believe online. We must be very careful anytime because scammers are very rampant nowadays.
mel0924

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:27:25 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Of course I have been scammed for many times but I did not stop investing bitcoins instead I did research on how to find a reputable business with bitcoins. And finally I got it one is by joining this forum and by
joining bounty campaigns here.

▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
        ▄██████████████████▄
      ▄████████▀  ██████████▄
    ▄████████▀    ▄███████████
   ████████▀    ▄██████████████
 ▄███████▀    ▄████▀  ██████████
▄██████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████████
████████  ▄████▀    ▄█████████████
█████████████▀    ▄████▀  ████████
 ██████████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████▀
  ██████████  ▄████▀    ▄███████▀
   ██████████████▀    ▄████████
    ███████████▀    ▄████████▀
     ▀██████████  ▄████████▀
      ▀██████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀████████▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀
EQUAL

██
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██
SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY

█
  ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
  ██
   █

▄█████▄
 █         █████████   ▄
 ██▄      ████████████▀
 ████▄▄  ▄█████████████▀
 ▄▀███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████
   ██████████████████
 ▀▄ █████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████▀
    ▄███████████▀
▄▄███████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████▀▀▄███▄▀▀██████
█████  ▀     ▀  █████
████             ████
████   ██   ██   ████
████   ▄     ▄   ████
█████▄  ▀███▀  ▄█████
█████████████████████
█████████████▀███████
 ████████████▄ ▀█████
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███
                   ▀█

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:45:22 PM

Not yet but it will never happen. Since I started earning bitcoin I never invest my own money just to buy a bitcoin. All the money that I earned were came from in this forum and I used that to double my money through buying an alternative coins. Many people were scammed because they are desperate to earn money that's why they are investing their money to those scammers without doing a research about it.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:30:13 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I personally have been scammed a few times before, and it is not good. The main thing to look out for is the previous trades of these individuals. I am still amazed at the amount of people that fall for newbie accounts that have clearly been made to scam people.

Trade with only trust able people, make sure you set yourself clear guidelines such as positive trust, recent trades and/or whatnot.

Smiley
dante golo

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:10:10 AM

I am very lucky to date because stuck on a scam site never happened.So if I am going to go into it should be more detail again how the site offers services later.Sometimes there is a big and small value from there we should be able to think carefully if really want to make an investment.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: