Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:04:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

BUY BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:49:11 AM

Yes ofcurse. Specially in signature campaign. Since I started signature campaign, I always scam , because before I don't know how to identify legit signature campaign. I just join and join, but now I know how to identify legit signature campaign.
Pumapipa

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:49:44 AM

I think I have been scammed in terms of a bounty campaign that i have joined in. They said that if after the campaign, the pay out will be in bitcoin and not any other altcoins already. The bounty sounds promising that is why we worked our butt off to meet their required number of posts.. Only to find out that everything is a scam. It was just disappointing that it did not turned out well despite the efforts.
Andria123

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:51:02 AM

Just once I experienced scammed in other ways,but I learned to become a wiser and stay away to the bad influences in our soroundings,rather here  in Bitcoin I've been doing research and full time examine about the campaign what I going to join,but hopefully untill now it will not happened again to be the second victim of scammed ,we need to alert to those who wants to ruin our dignity or personality

Jetakenare

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:58:53 AM

Too many times to keep count. The lure of easy money was my weakness. Only this year have I decided to only mine or trade cryptos.
Ukaraki

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:01:05 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I have been cheated so many times, and this has always happened in my life, many people are deceived even online or in life, fraudulent purpose just of stealing other people's property, There are many people who regularly inform and advocate being careful of those who are at risk of fraud, I think that is the primary way
RheamaeElbanbuena

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:04:49 AM

Yes, because I did not know that I was scammed by the private key so I scammed it but when I learned that I always kept my scams, because of the many sites that you could be scammed
kimspe19

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:09:17 AM

Yahh.  So many times. Sad .. All my earnings that i mine in mining are lost . many scammers are around in social medias or in websites. Make sure your earnings you invest is in the right site . or else your earnings will lost like a smoke .
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:29:10 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I have been cheated so many times, and this has always happened in my life, many people are deceived even online or in life, fraudulent purpose just of stealing other people's property, There are many people who regularly inform and advocate being careful of those who are at risk of fraud, I think that is the primary way

I think we're well to expect that money earned as easily as that would most likely be a scam. Its some kind of ponzi schemes and i myself got bitten by these scams. Btcriver took quite a big amount of btc from after making me earn a little. They're everywhere now so best that we stop first and think hard about letting our money go to these investments

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:36:30 PM

Yes i have been scamed but not as a investore...but just like a bounty hunter because some compaigns was not sent my payment   Grin

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:41:31 PM

I guess most people who have been into cryptocurrency had been scammed at least once in their crypto life. Being scammed is not a bad thing too because we can learn a lot from it. My first experience was awful. It was when I first learned about bitcoin way back 2011, I invested my salary on bitcoin and tried to multiply it by investing. I wasn't able to withdraw my bitcoin and my earnings because what I have invested in to was a scam.
Perseusallen

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

Students learn strategies for guarding against identity theft and scams that try to access their private information online. They learn what identity theft is, what kinds of information identity thieves want, and what can be done with that information. Students then analyze phony emails and identify tricks that identity thieves use online. Finally, they create a phishing email that includes the features that they have learned about, and see if classmates can identify the scams.
cutiemolit

Activity: 179

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:52:38 PM

I guess most people who have been into cryptocurrency had been scammed at least once in their crypto life. Being scammed is not a bad thing too because we can learn a lot from it. My first experience was awful. It was when I first learned about bitcoin way back 2011, I invested my salary on bitcoin and tried to multiply it by investing. I wasn't able to withdraw my bitcoin and my earnings because what I have invested in to was a scam.

None so far. It depends how meticulous each individual is. Because it pays to know the background of something in able for you to know if that is a scam.
1CryptoSmurf

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:00:38 PM

Never, but once I've adviced to my friend scam project Grin
buhchain

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 04:24:34 AM

Yes, I was fooled, and at the time I first came into contact with Bitcoin, I was not very familiar with the project at the time and the result was being fooled by a project team.
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:28:52 AM

Here in bitcoin? Nope not yet but almost. Almost because i joined a signature campaign, i was waiting to be accepted but then a friend of mine here in bitcoin pm me says it is not legit. So if ever i was accepted that campaign, i might be posting a lot of topic and then i will not be given a salary because its a scam. One if my sisters friend tried it on the day of pay day, no salary was given. We have to be vigilant and only trust those who always do a campaign if you are into signature campaign.
braZZers123

Activity: 216
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:04:43 AM

That you need to be careful not to trust all in a row, but only to trusted users who already had a successful experience of such companies. I had cases of such deceptions.

●● BELIFEX.COM ●●
◆ Belifex Blockchain Solutions is Public Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Project & Fully Open-source  ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Youtube
Scorpion

Activity: 887
Merit: 516

Bitcoin OG

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:08:00 AM

I have been scammed but I roll with the punches, it's happened to me in real life too with real cash so it's not like digital currency would be any different. However with cryptocurrencies they have to be very clever and yes sometimes they do succeed it getting me once in a while.

wolf one

Activity: 133
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:26:09 AM

The scam I have experienced is from Sebeum signature campaign. 3 weeks no pay for us. And I thought it was a good campaign and team updating every week. He even notifies us about what we are missing.
Then suddenly he's gone.
I don't know if it was because of greed. Or about the project mainly. It's roadmap is a bit shady, also the profits. More or less I think if it's not the campaign manager, it was the fault of the project team.
I think you are very cautious, but this is a smart, flawless scam, we are often fooled, even if a lot of research, or inevitably cheated.
cl37007

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:45:10 AM

Anything offering 100% return is likely to be a scam but there are plenty out there that seem legit and are really not.
I got stung by a HYIP last year, the site shut down with most of my crypto but has had the cheek to open up again since but my money is still missing. That is the biggest problem with the lack of regulation in the space, easy to get scammed and no come back if you do.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
rosalyn07

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

Yes i have been scammed but not in cryptocurrency. I've been scammed twice in online games but i'm thankful for that experience that i've been scammed on game not in cryptocurrency. So from now on, I have stopped clicking any links/websites so that i can avoid scam and hack.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: