Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:05:48 AM

Yes because I made some mistakes in my first days with Bitcoin and I invested in some scammer sites. I learned the lesson and nowadays I work only in trading or doing tasks for reputable campaigns here in this forum, or with the most trusted sites paying in BTC.

i am curious what kind of investment you did with your bitcoins.
just be careful about shady exchange. even they can change your address wallet for deposit coins.
CAPTEZECC

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:07:53 AM

I have been scammed too in 2015 by one COINISLAND that promised to huge interest on the bitcoin invested. My bitcoin keep increasing but I couldn't see them in my wallet but they will tell me in the site that my transfer was successful but it won't reflect in wallet. It was painful because that was my first bitcoin investment.
skyline247

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:28:34 AM

I have never been scammed since I came into the bitcoin and cryptocurrency market. This is because I stick by the same rule which I always have when dealing with people and real life situations, which is, if it seems too good to be true, its a scam. People get scammed because they are greedy and want to make millions in so little time which is not possible.
Markpet01

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:29:21 AM

I haven't scammed yet but my cousin have already scammed three times he gives his private key in an airdrop so his scammed.
jonas5222000

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

I encountered about scammed and hacked,when im beginner i have seen my email and then it says claim my token rewards so i did it and boom my token was gone..and the other one is hacked same months and in this case i didnt know how i hacked but i remember its almost 150$ price of token that they hacked on me.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:43:08 AM

I encountered about scammed and hacked,when im beginner i have seen my email and then it says claim my token rewards so i did it and boom my token was gone..and the other one is hacked same months and in this case i didnt know how i hacked but i remember its almost 150$ price of token that they hacked on me.
well, I also some times fooled, in the HYIP site. well, start knowing bitcoin, so many HYIP sites that give big promotion. well, i am interested and invest some bitcoin. well, my results turned out to be investing on a scam site.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

ToddDiaz

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:43:58 AM

Not at all but I was almost scammed once on twitter when I almost sent some ethereum into a wallet that promised about a 10percent return if I did but I stopped myself at the last minute and then it turned out to be a scam, I have never been so relieved.
Flagship11

Activity: 853
Merit: 144

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:44:30 AM

Being scammed sucks, big time,  I was once scammed buying amusement park tickets in Japan (you can guess what theme park).  
Sometimes the people you think are the most honest are the exact opposite.
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:49:50 AM

Yep i have been scameed 2 times ,i didnt know what is what so invested i hype it was 1 year ago and maybe much more afther i started read more and informed about Hype s and etc.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 09:58:04 AM

I'm generally not in a hurry to buy/invest in new stuff and I do a lot of research first.

Except maybe one time... I had cashed a lot of gains from the US stock market a week ago and the mining profits were filling my savings account, so I didn't though about it much before buying into an ICO with 100€ in 500 XRP (a month later, that was equal 1500€ though).

The only "research" I did was on this project, XENIO, was to visit their site, watch their video and check the team's LinkedIn profiles, I even found a dev from my country and contacted him... the project seemed legit but even so it didn't deliver.
I wouldn't mind if it was 100€, but because it was a 500 XRP investement I did my best to get the money refunded, and thankfuly they were refunded! So I guess in the end I didn't get scammed, I believe their team sincerely tried to achieve their goal but failed.

Still... same leason learned as if I would be scammed: "Don't skip the step of a deep research before investing and don't get greedy" ... I wouldn't call myself greedy but still, researching everything before investing is time consuming and easier said than done.
_yoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:00:56 AM

No i had so much luck back since i started with cryptos. There was a lot of scam attacks on me, but im a sceptical men who dont trust anybody. When i was new there was so much airdrops i participatet. And there was so much fake myetherwallet mask where i had to login with my data. But i never did it. Also shere was a lot of people on tleegram who want to sell me coins and other stuff. But i had always a bad feeling and let it be.
labs0918

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:05:55 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

Yes I have been scammed a year after. It was a networking site that if you will invest there is a big profit in return but I got scammed. I suggest to those who is trying to invest that see those legit networking sites and do not invest too much. Invest only the amount that you know its not a big lost for you if you get scam.

pprince100@icloud.com

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:06:37 AM

I am new to Bitcoin.
Has anyone used www.crypto-capitals.com as I have invested monies, made a profit and now want to withdraw my funds but they are not allowing this to happen and do not reply to emails or call?
Please help and advise would be really appreciated
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:14:39 AM

I am new to Bitcoin.
Has anyone used www.crypto-capitals.com as I have invested monies, made a profit and now want to withdraw my funds but they are not allowing this to happen and do not reply to emails or call?
Luckily, I don't get scammed since I'm here in this kind of industry, i used to be careful when i have a buyer/seller or decide to trade. Firstly, i researched about my buyer/seller to sure if it legit or not. We need to be careful because it involves not only small amount of money buy the higher amount we know what the price of cryptocurrency.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:18:12 AM

i have never or im just really cautious when it comes to these, cuz there're tons of scammers everywhere, also i regularly read reddit so a lots of stories about scams, which is really bad.
pprince100@icloud.com

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:18:47 AM

I am new to Bitcoin.
Luckily, I don't get scammed since I'm here in this kind of industry, i used to be careful when i have a buyer/seller or decide to trade. Firstly, i researched about my buyer/seller to sure if it legit or not. We need to be careful because it involves not only small amount of money buy the higher amount we know what the price of cryptocurrency.
Thanks, but how to i get my money back and do you know if this site is legit?
danniwide1234

Activity: 133

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:21:14 AM

I have been scammed so many times and I must confess it has  been a painful experience. One thing I found out about all of these is that if it is too good to be true then it properly is not true. If I begin to share my experiences on how I have been scammed in the past you will both weep for me and say I am stupid at the same time. All of that have helped me to be wiser and make better investment decisions. Now before i do any investment be it offline or online I do my due diligence before investing. For instance like the presence investment I am in, I called it '#Merculet', a project that seeks to grow global entrepreneurs, The public sales is starting on 18th of April is an example of good investment I settle for after due diligence. You can read my signature for further information.

pprince100@icloud.com

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:26:15 AM

i have never or im just really cautious when it comes to these, cuz there're tons of scammers everywhere, also i regularly read reddit so a lots of stories about scams, which is really bad.
How do you report them or try and get your monies?
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:57:34 AM

I am new to Bitcoin.
I hope that all of the people will be like you that is not a vulnerable to scam because people are so greedy to just get into the scheme where they think that they will make a lot of money and that is the reason for them to get vulnerable to get scammed and sad to say i am one of them that used to invest or put money to get rich quick scheme but now i learned the lessons from my mistakes.
bobbykulot

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:14:21 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

Not yet,and I do not want to be victimized by scam and hoping that will never happen because nowadays so many scammers there especially in the social media. So that I always protect my wallet from the hacker. We can help people to avoid scam by choosing carefully if where they will invest. Do not trust first just think wisely for our safety.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: