Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:22:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

Yeah, I've been scammed by my own friend before. It was a year after we graduate from college, This guy just come out of nowhere and he started to PM each everyone in our batch to join in this group. Since I'm jobless at that time I went to go with him and he persuaded me join since he showed me a lot evidence (which are all fake), I invested $1500 as a fresh grad it's really hard to earn those by doing some part time jobs. He promised me an ROI of over 10% in just a week. So has pass and I tried to contact him but he's now unreachable. Then that's the time I ask some of my friends about that guy and eventually I found out that, He was part of an organized syndicate that targets fresh graduates. A month later he was caught but our money was never returned.

How can we help? Financial support is not advisable for some though the least we can do is to help them capture or to help him solve the case.
danielnamit

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:06:16 PM

Yes, since i like to invest my money in many scheme, and you cannot evade being scammed since not all business you entered gains profit right? So better not to assume always that you will earn profit for entering certain kind of investment.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:12:36 PM

Scammed, Yes by Coinbase

I clicked a google link that took me direct to coinbase and it said sign up and spend over $100 and get $10
worth of BTC free so i did just that but never got my free coins and they just ignore my emails when i contacted
them and the joke is they are still running the same adverts today

How can you trust them with $1000's if they rip you for $10 and no the link did not say it was part
of a referral fee which they also run

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:16:11 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

Avoid to be scammed,through concious step,avoid freebies,work to earn and not be ready to ponzi scheme
Mei1418

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:24:13 PM

when I often play games when I was a kid, I was often fooled into making transactions. but from that experience, now when I am going to make a transaction or want to join a business, forum, or whatever I am always careful to avoid fraud or such
TeLlMeFrY

Activity: 392

Spanish Translator

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:24:23 PM

Yes. When I was starting, I tried to buy BTC but I only had money on eWallets and no one wanted to accept money from those methods. So I found a member from this forum who apparently was going to help me and was trustful. Then, I didn´t know escrow or anything like that, so I simply sent him my money. Two days later, he disappeared and I never saw my 450 USD again. It was a shitty experience because they were my savings, but I learned an important lesson.

EZ365TMREVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM
WHITEPAPERINVESTOR pitch ❰ | Telegram | Twitter | Facebook |
███████████████ [ PLAYTRADELEARN ] ███████████████
kenellis2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:29:46 PM

Internet environment is easy scam because nobody knows together. Therefore, before trading you should learn and trade through acquaintances to be safety for your own money.
Nhobita

Activity: 65
Merit: 27

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:35:25 PM
Merited by magmar (2)

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Actually being scammed in online platform was now getting a normal scenario nowadays because as people are getting desperate of earning an instant money through working or transacting online, they will give all what they have which is literally wrong because it is what the scammers really seeking for to gain their victims and have their own instant income. This scenario was made easy by the presence of internet because even you do not know the person, you are getting into it even you are just new with it and no one can evenly know whether you got scam or what. What is important thing to do is to assure and seek for further information so that you have tough knowledge out of it to avoid getting scam

Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 05:36:48 PM

Yup, I have been. One of my Steam accs was stolen but I managed to get it back thru the Steam support. Took me 2 weeks tho.
So far i'll never been scam since i start using bitcoin, because before i try something new i make sure that there propose whitepaper is not trusty propose or convincing to join them, also im very careful and picky everytime before i choose it.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:38:12 PM

To avoid being scammed, one of the best way is to check if the website is safe and tested. Look if the site has a proof of payment and check if the payers are real and look also if it has proof of paying.
cl37007

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:39:06 PM

Yes I too was stung by a HYIP promising 100% return in a very short period of time. Lost 10 litecoin a few months ago. Wish I had just HODLed it, would have made my money back several times over anyway!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:45:14 PM

I have been scammed so many times in the past. Once I invested around $600 in Bux.to, and lost all of that money. At that time, my monthly salary was lower than that amount and it was a big blow for me. Later, in 2013 when Litecoinglobal closed down, I lost around BTC30. At the current exchange rate, it will be equivalent to around $450,000.
Thenuka99

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:04:45 PM

Many times

But sadly I'm still keep making the same mistake, most recent one like 2 weeks ago, a site called "Future - bank ".

First time was a PTC site. "Probux" , it was one of the best paying sites at the time, but as soon as I invested the site shuts down.

Then from  Revenue share sites - shutting down My Paying ads and My paying crypto ads hit me really hard. and another rev share calle TT3, I was just starting to withdraw and it shuts down too.

and few HYIP sites too.

overall I've lost about 2000$ online. It was like as soon as I join the site get scammed. felt that many times.

I promised my self never to invest online again.but did that again.... but this time was a little smart too, brought some BTC while it was 8,000$, Held until it goes to 18,000$ and cashed out the original investment and the rest is on a wallet. and "again" promised myself not to invest. now trying to join as much as Airdrops I can, and do as many as bounties I can and cover the loss I had...and it's kind of working so far.

An advice not to get scammed, is I'm still looking for too. as far as I've felt it, you must be extremely LUCKY not to get scammed, it doesn't matte how smart you are, how much research you did, how good that site is, how many good reviews it has, if you are not lucky you'll get scammed in most unexpected ways.

There was a site very good one, many people invested, it was going great, the owner DIED!!!and bam, it was over too. I think one of the main things you want it LUCK!!!

Now I'm trying to find a way to be lucky, one of the ways is not investing your own money and trying to get use of every FREE earning opportunity you get. people always say about high risk - high reward. to get that you MUST be lucky person, if not High risk is just a high risk and you loose everything.

So in my personal conclusion , the best way not to get scammed online is being LUCKY!!
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:08:25 PM

I haven't got trapped into any of the scams. All that I've experienced with bitcoin these days as an issue is that my entire wallet fund got stolen. Here one thing that I found to be lucky is the wallet balance which is very low balance in the wallet. Later tried as much possible, but unable to get it back.
Chris314

Activity: 672
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:09:58 PM

Scammed, yes, by one fake profit website once, that closed its doors a few time after I gave them money. Scammed also by clients who don't pay or sellers that don't deliver (there are a lot of these scumbags in goods section of this forum).
Each scam is a lesson to be careful next time.

Win Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in
free BTC every hour multiply hi-lo weekly lottery WIN a Lamborghini 30,000 usd contest BET on various events! 4% APR interest
★★★ 50% of my referral earnings back to you each week ★★★
rubikz

Activity: 175

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:17:19 PM

Yes by HYIP sites. What they offer is really very tempting but they never last. Getting involve in these schemes is very risky since you can either earn big or lose all your money.

triciaa478

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:21:21 PM

I was scammed before but not in bitcoins or altocoins. Some group of MMM networking whom were paying my friends enticed me to join. When it was my time to get my money invested plus interest, the company gone out of existence. I later realise it was a ponzi scheme that pays the early bird but din't honor their promise to the late entrance.
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:22:28 PM

Thankfully I haven't been scammed nor exposed to phishing sites and viruses since my friend who taught me about bitcoin has experienced several attacks from hackers in which some of his btc where stolen which was a painful way to learn on how to be vigilant in terms of online security.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:30:46 PM

Yes I too was stung by a HYIP promising 100% return in a very short period of time. Lost 10 litecoin a few months ago. Wish I had just HODLed it, would have made my money back several times over anyway!
I did the same mistake, i was new to this whole thing and i really thought bitcoins can be multiplied many times just with investing in random sites. So I invested money in bitcoin and bitcoin in fake cloud mining sites and I lost it. It wasn't big amount of money but still.. Mistake I will never do again.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:39:17 PM

I thought that i will never be scammed, But once I installed one very old game on my PC and i had a virus grom it that made someone possible to get passwords that was stored in my Chrome.
Since that time I never store passwords in browser
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: