Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:02:28 AM

yes, i have experienced scamm and it is very annoying
I joined a campaign signature program that runs for 6 weeks, and after the project is over, the development team disappears.
this is a lesson, in the future I have to be more objective again in choosing a project, if it happens again maybe it is already destiny Grin Grin Grin
abamatinde77

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:54:57 AM

a few times im trying to make profit but boom! it's gone i invested many times and roll it at that site to make my withdrawal get higher and higher but in the end they said it's maintenance then a few months ago they're totally gone!
catchemcrypto

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:59:55 AM

Not yet and I'm planning not to get scammed. I only transact and connect with people whom I trust. People who have more experience than me. That way, they can guide me and mentor me.
ungongbuotan

Activity: 290

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:06:28 AM

I have been scammed once but not here. It was on a job site. I work for this guy who seemed to be trustworthy. I thought it was a good project cause he always check on us but then when its time to pay he just cannot be contacted anymore. Although I wasted my time I think I learned a good lesson there to never fully trust anyone online.
vickycoin05

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:08:37 AM

As of this moment I didn't experienced to be scammed and hopefully it won't happened to me. I just ask to those people already a lots of experienced their tips on how to avoid to be scammed. Base on them as long as my private informations like private key or any password must be secured all the time. Also, don't click any pop up links on the screen which might have hacked your information base on my friend have enough knowledge about this job.
LastJedi

Activity: 182
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:36:15 AM

I see that everybody is scammer.
If they are able to hide behind a computer screen then they are not committed to do anything.
They can do not have to be truthful at anything they say or anything that they do because they know they can get away with it.

jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:06:50 AM

With an established ecosystem this should not be possible.

so many of the connections necessary to assess a business as safe are not there.

Where is the rating system?

where are the digital contracts so programmers are secured payment weeks in advance?

Where is the directory of serious websites, that want to do business?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:44:40 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

Not yet. Never been scammed. In every site or online business I enter I always make sure that this is reliable and legit. And worthy to give your trust. I always checked the feedback, reviews and even the informatiin about it for me to avoid being scam. If there is an evidence, I want a proven statement for safe and security also.
This is really good because no one use to earn money to lose it and get scammed, so it’s better to be careful and avoid lose of money. Having good research for bitcoin is good if you will search about bitcoin at any site you will surely have a lot of information and knowledge. Bitcoin has a lot of wallet and if you will use bitcoin wallets for being safe then it will not give you any scamming.

Samings

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:09:02 PM

when you enter bitcoin may find some scammer and get scammed.
sites and users always give you fake cheap price which make you lost your money easy
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Maybe all of the beginner in using bitcoin already experience this kind of thing when you just get scam because of your greedyness to have a really great profit but what happened is your money just cannot be withdraw so obviously a lot of people get scam just because they are just a newbie in this kind of things and they are luck of knowledge about what is happening in the environment so i guess they really needed to be aware in scams obviously a very high profit in a small time is really a obvious scam.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:13:51 PM

I remember before I got scam too. When I am new to bitcoin and I try to invest into what they called "hyip" that you can get something like percentage of your investment then I was hoping it really pays. After a day, when I was requesting payout it was stuck to pending notice. After that I didn't believe to any investment site anymore. I've already learn my lesson.
ThePunisher49X

Activity: 340
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:23:59 PM

Not all promising in the internet are true.
It is a scam if it is already asking money.

Well of course.

If they think they are protected by being dishonest with using a computer screen as a shield.

So what do you think? Roll Eyes
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:12:32 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 04:39:20 PM by santiPOGI

I have been scammed, what hurts most is the person who did that to me is one of my best friend and the money he stole is not really mine but from a group of person. we cannot tell anything at first it all happened at the end, a scam is a word for us who trust someone and pull the worst for us!
bitorama

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:18:10 AM

more and more scam, we must be more careful for all the ICOs
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 10:19:20 AM

Not yet, but i think I might have. With a cloudmining site that offered a lifetime contract but suddenly went to a 1 year limited contract. And today their minimum withdrawal is too high that i think my contract will expire before i get that threshold. And it came to me that if I had bought and held bitcoin instead of buying a contract, i would make much more profit. So lesson learned, better hold it.

mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:26:20 AM

I have been scammed for many times because I joined many high yield investment program which are mostly scammed when reach for how many days since the day started. I got scammed for many times but I did not stop looking for businesses for real and then after this had happened I came to realize on how to invest in a reputable businesses. I have learned from my mistakes.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:26:39 AM

Real money not yet but in some ICO when I participated on their bounty program I experienced being scammed all my time and effort are wasted. A lot of scams around the world so people should be more careful this time to prevent loosing your hard earned money.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:27:40 AM

There is no way to actually distinguished between a scam site and one that is real because they all look real.
I have once been scammed of my $20 due to my naivity. I was told to pay it in order for it to be doubled. I did and could not find any of the two.
The only way to avoid being scammed is by making research about such sites before investing in them.

chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:28:25 AM

yes 3-4 years ago we agreed with a programmer through a friend to make our own project mining works dig jobs were very popular if you remember our project was a project to handle beautiful 3.5 BTC with a company agreed to pay half and finally a blank project with a mail after a known zero nothing Smiley none of the crooked crooked us
Jah23

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:29:11 AM

No...checking and reading the profile before anything else...better careful ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: