Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:38:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
qidai9

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:09:28 AM

http://
I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I have a question. Is it just a fraud as long as it involves transaction fees? However, I do have such people in real life to defraud your coins or money by means of fraud.
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:51:52 AM

So far no because, i'm not investing money easily, i'm very careful when it comes to to investing, because i'm afraid that all my hard works to earn money, save money will gone in instant. "Don't act in a rush be careful"

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
Caesar Cung

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

Industry 4.0 is called Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 02:54:29 AM

So far no because, i'm not investing money easily, i'm very careful when it comes to to investing, because i'm afraid that all my hard works to earn money, save money will gone in instant. "Don't act in a rush be careful"
In the stock world a correction is a reverse in a trend to correct an over inflated or undervalued stock by at least 10% of value. There is no reason a correction will correct or boost a stocks price.

A crash is defined as sudden dramatic decline of stock prices across a significant cross-section of a stock market, resulting in a significant loss of paper wealth.

What has happened with Crypto recently is a crash, it is not a correction.

The upside is that crypto is far more volatile than shares and things happen a lot faster where it can take weeks for a stock market crash to bottom out, crypto appears to have taken days. Please remember that there is no certainty that it will return to pre-crash prices.

It would have been great to see a lot of the shit coins flushed out of the market, I hope that can still happen.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
mkcube

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 02:57:38 AM

So far,no because i dont invest in the market if i have not fully understand the idea they have given.And i am a wise person.I dont get involve if it is not legit.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:04:55 AM

Yes, by another member of this forum when I tried to purchase an altcoin from him. Sent him my BTC (a low amount thank goodness) and never got my tokens.
It was a stupid mistake on my part as I was a newbie, didn't know about escrow services and relied on the ranking system to trust the user.
The only advice would be, take the time to do your research. Don't act in a rush. If something sounds too good to be true, then you might want to be careful.
Oh, that is an unfortunate experience. Hope that incident will make you very suspicious for future transaction online especially from someone anonymous on the net. Me too got scammed before but from HYIP's, since I am still a newbie. Thanks for bitcointalk, I learned a lot here.,
jingyu27

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:08:41 AM

The scam is everywhere. We need to keep our eyes open. Thank you for sharing the experience. This is very helpful to me.
putot

Activity: 77
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:09:17 AM

Never been scammed. We need to be more careful when joining this stuff. When you will be active in this crypto currency we should be smart enough on dealing with things about it. We all know this crypto has been used for scamming as well. So better be vigilant and study it bettert therefore we will not be scammed.

http://www.ARBITAO.com
      THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
[          PRE-SALE starts on July 1st          ]
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:12:14 AM

Long before i joined this forum, one of my social media friend convinced me to buy bitcoin and then invest it to some online investments which at that time proliferated the social media particularly facebook. This investment schemes turned out to be scams and a lot of netizens are being victimized. Some of this online investment schemes like HYIP, double your money/bitcoin and fake trading sites are still active and many people are still being lured to invest in this kind of investment.  
Erickvand

Activity: 532
Merit: 272

Mycryptobank.io

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 03:14:00 AM

I also experienced the same thing on two Hyip sites. I suffered a loss of about $80,
because I was tempted by his daily bonus of 135%.
I think they are very shrewd in deceiving many people.
My advice is to stop following such programs, because they must lead to fraud.

▄████▀
████▄               ▄████       ▗▟██████████████▄    ▐██████████████████▙▖
██████▖           ▗██████     ▗▟██████████████████▄  ▐████████████████████▌
███████▙         ▟███████    ▄█████          ▀████▀  ▐████            ▀████
█████████▖     ▗█████████   ▐████▀             ▀▀    ▐████            ▄███▌
█████▀████▙   ▟████▀█████   ████▌                    ▐███████████████████▌
█████ ▝█████▄█████▘ █████  ▐████                     ▐████████████████████▙▖
█████   ▜███████▛   █████   ████▌                    ▐████            ▀█████▖
█████    ▝█████▘    █████   ▐████▄            ▄██▄   ▐████             ▐█████
█████      ▀█▀      █████    ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████  ▐████            ▄█████▌
█████               █████     ▝██████████████████▀   ▐█████████████████████▛
█████               █████     ▄████████████████▀     ▐███████████████████▛▘
                             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
MyCryptoBank
CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY
Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WHITEPAPER ──────────────────────────
maksimmaksimov

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:34:08 PM

Any person who calculates your key will receive full and irreversible control over your money. The history of all transactions is a detailed account of who owns each bitcoin. This chain is called "block".
Titanos

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:39:48 PM

I'm so careful because i don't want to be scammed. Try to avoid people that promise free money or illogical investments with very high return.
No one will give you money for nothing.
IsabelCornd

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:00:28 PM

Nope. I am very careful and always trying to check everything before click on link or just download something sucpicious. Nowadays using different passwords is enough.
Rockyz

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:07:08 PM

I have scammed a lit of times in my life. One of it is internet scam. Im selling my phone online and suddenly came a guy from africa who wants to buy my phone and he is going to pay me thu paypal. Ofcourse i have paypal so i gave hime my paypal account. The. Somebody from paypal(fake paypal) send me an email that someone put some money in my account. I just laugh my experience off and will not do it again. Hopefully it will not happen here
Omosomofa

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:08:21 PM

I have been scam severally but I have learned lesson from all this. Someone need to be careful don't be anxious about anything that much. Take your time to analyse what you are going into or investing into. What kill us the most sometime is... The greed to get your bitcoin being double or free Bitcoin but they will ask you to pay before giving someone script... If you are not careful with those guys after sending you bitcoin to them... They block you immediately.
nak02

Activity: 512
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:09:06 PM

I have scammed a lit of times in my life. One of it is internet scam. Im selling my phone online and suddenly came a guy from africa who wants to buy my phone and he is going to pay me thu paypal. Ofcourse i have paypal so i gave hime my paypal account. The. Somebody from paypal(fake paypal) send me an email that someone put some money in my account. I just laugh my experience off and will not do it again. Hopefully it will not happen here
Well almost all people  here were already scammed, it is alright, for as long as we will not quit here, and that scammed that happened to us will make us more curious and vigilant with what we are entering at.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:15:18 PM

Pretty much all posts there are scams and mostly are those kind of posts like doubling Bitcoins and similar. Those people double your Bitcoins if you try with a small amount, and then they gain your trust and when you send a big amount, they dont pay back. I never try those sites and I always send negative trust.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:27:23 PM

I have been scam severally but I have learned lesson from all this. Someone need to be careful don't be anxious about anything that much. Take your time to analyse what you are going into or investing into. What kill us the most sometime is... The greed to get your bitcoin being double or free Bitcoin but they will ask you to pay before giving someone script... If you are not careful with those guys after sending you bitcoin to them... They block you immediately.
I think i am lucky that i am still safe and not scam, i think it is too much important to be very careful while doing trade in cryupto currency because you do not have any direct access to the person with whom you are going to trade, therefore you need to be careful too much about trading and investing your money in trading altcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
thelolicon2

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:25:55 PM

Yes , i used to get scammed one , that's about 450$ and that was a biggest lesson of my life , i never go first with anyone unless we're using escrow or nothing will be traded at all.
emanjun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:34:01 PM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I never tried to be scammed but I know what is the feeling to be scammed. I think the best thing to do for those people in order to avoid scam is to be carefull at all times, if there are unanimous person talk to her/him they must think wisely in order for them to avoid scam. Having rules and regulation can decrease the possibilty of scam.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Windybi

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:44:35 PM

Nope. I am very careful and always trying to check everything before click on link or just download something sucpicious. Nowadays using different passwords is enough.
I was very careful. But still scammed for ICO projects. This is bad . And when I invested in a fraudulent ICO project, in my eyes I now think 80% of the ICO projects are fraudulent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: