Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:51:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Been Scammed?  (Read 3430 times)
solopay669

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 10:22:39 AM

I think this is a fraud, which is specially invented by doubling the amount, people believe and is being led to it! Especially made a doubling of the small amount, so that then people are not afraid to throw more when they get excited! Do not believe the projects of such similarity!
Predator25

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:07:39 AM

I think most of us got scammed and we cannot avoid it to happen right? when I was new to bitcoin I see a mining site where I put my address and start earning bitcoin, recently I do a research and knew that the bitminer.io is a scam hahaha.. I am dumb but it is okay , I turned my laptop for almost a week in order to gain more but it is totally scam

another is in the ICO where I was joining , I thought it was a successful project but yet after working for 2 months promoting their project ending up in no pay scam all.

airdrops also are totally bullshits hhehehe. but lucky one I got ELTCOIN and earn 40 bucks out of it.
it doesent matter how big or small scam is but it is always be a scam if they lie to you hehhehe

No. Not actually scammed but i didnt been payed after i do my required posts in that campaign because they didnt reach the target and they fail to continue it so they announced that the ICO failed and cant continue to further selling of their tokens. Its sadly to read here but we cant do anything just to accept it and join another campaign.
drofroLinden

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:22:45 AM

Yes I was scammed in the labcoin scam.
chengyinoing01

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:37:08 AM

I've had this scam, and I'm a victim of HYIP. I don't know if I'm greedy or I won't be cheated.

I hope not to experience it in the future.
kaizerblitz

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:42:34 AM

Yes i have many times been scam and i learnt it from all of my mistake in crypto there's so ico i was scam.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:46:17 AM

When I was starting at the Bitcoin system I have encountered many scams but never invested in any of them. They where like give me your money and I will double it in 24 hours, of course they don't have much strategy back then. I have seen many people who have got scammed from those hypes and scams. The most reason people are getting scammed is because they do not have enough knowledge about how Bitcoin is being generated or they do not think before investing. people should at least think how they will double your money when you cannot do it yourself. Making people aware of the system is going to reduce this scamming stuff.
it's a ponzi system, I've tried it and it really makes you an addict just like gambling. initially I only invest about 0.01 btc for a period of 2 days. and when you double your money then you will be more interested in doubling the money again and again. I managed to make 0.01 btc to 0.14 btc. but then the doubler site became a scam and I lost my money. it's a lesson for me to be cautious on short-term doubler investments
octopus

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:47:57 AM

there are only 3 ways to get money: trading, investing, and working for bounty. Therefore, you should not believe anyone who say that can give you money. they wanna scam you

ghsh

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:56:19 AM

I invested in about 5 projects, so far the bench was not)just selected good! but the bounty was led by the projects,some of them were Scam,but really not very much

I do not think Bitcoin is a scam. All I can say is that you need to be more cautious about investing because it depends entirely on what we do. You can not accidentally buckle yourself with bitcoin.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:02:34 AM

no one knows exactly where the scam and what is not, except maybe he has the 6th sense may be hehe, the point back to dirikita each, we do something we really understand and we know. my advice is more careful, because it all depends what we do as well. yes so lah I never experienced it because I myself was not careful.
Well said. I will know if I will be scammed at the end of my ICO. But, I already got scammed in one of my translations campaign because they did not send any tokens and the website was not ever updated again. Careful in choosing ICOs because there is always a great risk coming ahead and preying into you efforts.
garen21

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:35:18 AM

I'm not yet a scam because I'm not spreading bitcoin with me and when I'm withdrawn I'm silent for no one to know and those scams are just people who are proud and share information about their bitcoin to people they do not known.
Makingmoney2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:05:41 AM

I was not scammed yet. And hoping not to experienced to be scammed at all.
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:10:03 AM

Many scammed everywhere, but i'm still not feeling the scam. Because i'm a person who really carefully with invest. I don't want to get scam because that will be hurt for us too if we got stealth from a scam. Just need to be carefully if you don't want to get that.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:15:34 AM

Yes, by another member of this forum when I tried to purchase an altcoin from him. Sent him my BTC (a low amount thank goodness) and never got my tokens.
It was a stupid mistake on my part as I was a newbie, didn't know about escrow services and relied on the ranking system to trust the user.
The only advice would be, take the time to do your research. Don't act in a rush. If something sounds too good to be true, then you might want to be careful.
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:22:28 AM

I've been scammed. There are a lot of cryptocurrency scams out there specially the lending sites. They only earn from referrals.

Then dont join in a lending sites cryptos/ hyip sites, those have a too good to be true offer and only those early registered user and many referrals will earn profit from that kind of investment sites and soon will be scam. Its a high form of risk investment, better to stick with a legit investment with low profit but sure.

hilman89

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:22:56 AM

it is a bad event. and so far I have never experienced the incident. because I do not keep much of my money in the investment company. through this forum I can learn more things about bitcoin. what I should do and what I should not do!
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:29:51 AM

No, not yet and I hope it will be forever.I am always aware of what I am doing and never responded to newbie PMs who are all mostly looking to scam new members.And always use escrows if you are trading personally with other forum members.

Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:51:08 AM

No, not yet and I hope it will be forever.I am always aware of what I am doing and never responded to newbie PMs who are all mostly looking to scam new members.And always use escrows if you are trading personally with other forum members.

Same here, I was never been scammed because I know how to determine phishing emails, text messages and even phone calls. If you receive messages through emails most specially and has a link on it make  sure not to click on it because this might lead to copying your personal infotmation. Always be lenient in every messages you receive before sending a reply to it, this is to protect your account against scammers.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:09:00 AM

I just came over from the 'Investor Games' subforum (hope I got that right). A guy there said he came across a site asking to double his bitcoin, he paid in $20 and got $40 the following day or so. He then went for a higher plan of $300 hoping to cash out $600 but they asked him to pay in another $300 before cashing out. He got confused and was asking for advice.

I think I've been there before. Before I became a forum member. I once came across one of those scam sites promising to generate bitcoins. Thought it was real, but when they asked me to pay some transaction fee, I was stuck. I had no money to pay the fee. With the benefit of hindsight, I know I'd have sent them the 'transaction fee' had I had the coins to send them.

Now, what have been your experience with internet scams?
How do we help people not to get scammed?

I think everyone here has been scammed at least once in their lifetime. It might be something that can be considered minor. Someone must have bluffed you into panic selling or even coerced you into selling this much because you are expecting a bigger payout. But, however, this are one of the things that keeps us steonger and wiser and most of all better in our dealings in the business whether in cryptocurrency or into anything else that we are leading our career into.
mayown1

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:20:18 AM

It wasnt scam but hacked!!  I lost all my EOS after I registered at MEW.  I contacted block.one but unfortunately, because im a US Citizen they cannot offer any support...i'm not really sure if they will do anything.  Here's my letter to them:

Hello...I have some concern regarding my Tokens and I don't know whom to reach out....I invested 192 shares of EOS stored in Exodus wallet for nearly 3 months now.  A week ago, I registered these tokens to MyEtherWallet and on March 2, 2018 at 5:00pm, I found out that it's all gone.   I looked at the transaction and here's the wallet where it went...0xa92ff4dadfb60f30ea7499d7493cfaf4521cfffe.
My friend help me to research this wallet and lo and behold. ..this guy have incoming transaction every 30 seconds.  His wallet has $812k at that time and $809k is for EOS alone.   How can someone do an incoming transaction every 30 seconds?? There must be hundreds and thousands of victims like me. ...please investigate this wallet or inform the proper authority. ..he is becoming an enormous  whale in EOS community. ..hope to hear from you soon....thank you.

And here's their response:

Thank you for contacting block.one. Support for questions related to the EOS Token Distribution, including technical questions related to the smart contract, is only available for eligible participants.

Before we are able to provide support, please respond to this email and confirm that:
1. You have read the EOS Token Distribution Purchase Agreement;
2. You are NOT a U.S. citizen, resident, or entity;
3. You are NOT a citizen of or resident of the People’s Republic of China or an entity formed under the laws of the People’s Republic of China (each a "Chinese Person") UNLESS you have purchased EOS Tokens prior to the September 4, 2017 revision of the Purchase Agreement.

And here's my last message...they have not responded yet:

Hello...thank you for the response...but I'm sorry...I am a U.S citizen and my concern here is not only for my own benefit but for all the victims. ..the hacker is still stealing everybody's wallet every 30 seconds...isn't that your concern too?? I lost $1600 but how about those who lost hundreds of thousands? ?? Regardless, I am reporting a crime here...for the sake of all the victims...please do something...there's no one who could...thank you.
Chat Conversation End
Emjohn.

Activity: 119

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:59:32 AM

I haven't been scammed but hopefully I do not encounter such thing. I'm trying be more careful in something that involves money by checking if it truly exists or if it has a license, etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: