Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:36:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NSFW] Official Sexcoin Thread - New MANDATORY upgrade: KGW Timewarp attack FIX  (Read 307572 times)
VforVictory

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 01:22:34 PM

Just updated the OP..

SXC Now accepted by: http://www.coinbucks.net/ Collectable Notes
                                http://bitezze.com/           Precious Metals

I never knew you could have sex with precious metals...  Tongue But, really, those look like pretty suspicious sites.
LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:12:24 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2013, 02:36:23 PM by LittleDigger

I'm not so sure... Uncirculated notes with a 5$ charge...

I'm also a very dedicated shooter, and a "prepper" by circumstance.. The other seems to be cashing in on the "zombie" fad..

You can buy zombie ammo, zombie bleeding targets, zombie grips for your 1911.. my reaction is "mehhh"..

At the end of the day, we can't control who chooses to use SXC, we are just picking up sites that are using coinpayments.net for alt coin processing... Once we do the hardfork we can start recruiting websites within our niche.

rlhead7173

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:18:06 PM

BTW, when is the hardfork?

BTC: 169Mm5zefmZz2EuJDRkXWtUQ9T1SQhEVPg
LTC: LTmq5m7SvGBfdShyQFPgRxZ5SUc2hsiCqV
NXT: NXT-PUTF-QSCM-DBJZ-CZMS7
LittleDigger

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 02:40:24 PM

BTW, when is the hardfork?

I spoke to Lava on IRC yesterday, so I can tell you I have no idea.... we did speak about the need to regain momentum, and what the bare minimum of changes were, and he's had some difficulties with his hardware, but the new client is ready when it's ready I'm afraid...

lavajumper

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:27:29 AM

Well, It turns out it was my own personal day from hell.

My instance of the P2Pool is back up and running. I'm really sorry it took me so long to get it back up, but my Sunday's are packed with RL. I ran out of time to work on it.

For those of you that are curious, I was running one of my test build clients on it. The P2Pool client absolutely refused to add any new blocks onto its blockchain. Its fixed now and back up. This is why you test.

Even better, I had a workstation crash, my main dev box. So in the middle of all that I was building a new workstation and restoring all my backups and configs, and trying to remember all my passwords ( ugggh ).  Tongue

I am working on the new client. Our goal for this is that it will be the last hard fork we have to perform for a long time. As I've been going through the code I'm finding other things that are broken that need to go into the next release, but are in areas of the code I'm not familiar with. So I'm on another learning curve in those areas, and I don't want to make mistakes like the last release.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
VforVictory

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:21:44 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 02:36:59 PM by VforVictory

Well, It turns out it was my own personal day from hell.

My instance of the P2Pool is back up and running. I'm really sorry it took me so long to get it back up, but my Sunday's are packed with RL. I ran out of time to work on it.

For those of you that are curious, I was running one of my test build clients on it. The P2Pool client absolutely refused to add any new blocks onto its blockchain. Its fixed now and back up. This is why you test.

Even better, I had a workstation crash, my main dev box. So in the middle of all that I was building a new workstation and restoring all my backups and configs, and trying to remember all my passwords ( ugggh ).  Tongue

I am working on the new client. Our goal for this is that it will be the last hard fork we have to perform for a long time. As I've been going through the code I'm finding other things that are broken that need to go into the next release, but are in areas of the code I'm not familiar with. So I'm on another learning curve in those areas, and I don't want to make mistakes like the last release.

You can't rush good sex(coin), Lava. So take your time and...learn.  Cheesy
LittleDigger

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:16:55 AM

Well I PM'd Freeworm of BTER in a tentative enquiry, but although he's been online, theres been no reply... Sad

I was looking at our market price on crypsty, and felt a little disappointed.. SXC has been gaining websites but it doesn't seem to be gaining any traction ... Some of the coins that are doing better have absolutely no commericial value, they were just added to Cryptsy earlier, and are listed in the BTC markets.

So it was nice to get a reply to a post in the "Allover30" forums, from the webmaster...

"Interesting post echo3319 and one that I really don't have any information on but I will keep an eye on that as it grows out of it's infancy. Thanks for the post and hope you enjoy the site and our lovely ladies."

No the idea wasn't to get them to use SXC, the idea was to introduce them to the concept.. It's an easier sell if they remember that they heard about this new digital currency thing months ago, and it doesn't seem as likely to be a scam to them because they know we've been putting months or years into it's development.. and having a long aquaintance with the webmasters beforehand fosters trust.

And yes, AO30 is affiliated with ATK, Karups, Anilos, and a few others, they cross advertise and share bonus galleries so we are introducing ourselves to the major websites of the "Milf" niche in the adult industry...

hawas

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:54:28 AM

Well I PM'd Freeworm of BTER in a tentative enquiry, but although he's been online, theres been no reply... Sad

I was looking at our market price on crypsty, and felt a little disappointed.. SXC has been gaining websites but it doesn't seem to be gaining any traction ... Some of the coins that are doing better have absolutely no commericial value, they were just added to Cryptsy earlier, and are listed in the BTC markets.

So it was nice to get a reply to a post in the "Allover30" forums, from the webmaster...

"Interesting post echo3319 and one that I really don't have any information on but I will keep an eye on that as it grows out of it's infancy. Thanks for the post and hope you enjoy the site and our lovely ladies."

No the idea wasn't to get them to use SXC, the idea was to introduce them to the concept.. It's an easier sell if they remember that they heard about this new digital currency thing months ago, and it doesn't seem as likely to be a scam to them because they know we've been putting months or years into it's development.. and having a long aquaintance with the webmasters beforehand fosters trust.

And yes, AO30 is affiliated with ATK, Karups, Anilos, and a few others, they cross advertise and share bonus galleries so we are introducing ourselves to the major websites of the "Milf" niche in the adult industry...

That's the way to go Smiley
One mainstream site accepting SXC will benefit the coin way more than a thousand new sites. Consider this, you open your favorite site, and find out an announcement that they now accept SXC. You follow the link and learn about the great crypto coin and you think like (wow I should pay with it). Consider that, you stumble upon a small site, and notice the prices in tens of thousands, you take a closer look and find that they accept a SXC thing. Being your curious self, you fire up google and search from SXC to bitcoin, and find a bunch of news about silkroad and paypal bannings, you feel like .........

Not to say that new sites based on the coin are not important, they are of course, but wide adoption needs the giants.
VforVictory

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:30:38 PM

Something screwy seems to be happening with P2Pool. A lot of the shares are orphaned or DOA.
captainfuture

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:33:26 PM

We have upgraded our pools to stratum with vardiff:

https://coinex.pw/mining/pools/SXC
LittleDigger

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:40:27 PM

Something screwy seems to be happening with P2Pool. A lot of the shares are orphaned or DOA.

Yeap Lava was using it to test a new client, maybe that is the problem.. It's done a hardfork, though I'm just guessing..

Regardless of what the problem is, there will be payments made to the miners to recompense them, based on hashrate.. It's a tradition with the p2pool...  Wink

ZetaOS

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:15:20 PM

Any free coins here?
SDVcx4MpKgBhr1PhBjvsPDsaaMziepsc6D

Mine the easy way - CEX.io Build your own cloud miner!
Goedkoop bitcoins? www.koop-bitcoin.nl
wedge

Activity: 187

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:17:52 PM

There is a new public P2Pool node for sexcoin:

http://sxc.outhashed.com:9699/static/

It's not properly connected to lava's pool yet, we are still working on that.  But for now you can use it as a backup.

wedge

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 03:30:59 PM

What the coin needs is more miners.  The price isn't rising because the mining difficulty is low, which means it can be sold cheaply but still be a profitable coin to mine.
Get more miners, push the difficulty up, and they won't let the coins go so cheap.
But it works both ways too.  If you can find another way to increase it's value, that will naturally bring in the miners.

Actually, I find it a little strange, when the coin was up on PhenixEx, the difficulty was rising all the way up to 1.  But on Cryptsy, it's averaging <0.3.  Which is barely more than it was before it was on any exchange at all. 
Maybe the difference is the fact that it's on the LTC market?  Which hasn't been doing all that well lately?  Personally, I'm not worried about that.  People keep talking about the "LTC crash" or the "Alt crash" or say that all the alts are dying.  That's total BS.  The only reason it looks like that is happening, is because the BTC value is rising so fast.  But everyone knows that whenever BTC rises too far too fast, it's followed by an abrupt crash.  Once that happens, all the alts that are currently "crashing" will shoot way up.  It happens every time.

VforVictory

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:19:10 PM

What the coin needs is more miners.  The price isn't rising because the mining difficulty is low, which means it can be sold cheaply but still be a profitable coin to mine.
Get more miners, push the difficulty up, and they won't let the coins go so cheap.
But it works both ways too.  If you can find another way to increase it's value, that will naturally bring in the miners.

Actually, I find it a little strange, when the coin was up on PhenixEx, the difficulty was rising all the way up to 1.  But on Cryptsy, it's averaging <0.3.  Which is barely more than it was before it was on any exchange at all.  
Maybe the difference is the fact that it's on the LTC market?  Which hasn't been doing all that well lately?  Personally, I'm not worried about that.  People keep talking about the "LTC crash" or the "Alt crash" or say that all the alts are dying.  That's total BS.  The only reason it looks like that is happening, is because the BTC value is rising so fast.  But everyone knows that whenever BTC rises too far too fast, it's followed by an abrupt crash.  Once that happens, all the alts that are currently "crashing" will shoot way up.  It happens every time.

People are mining it, that or the Network Hashrate number thingie on Lava's pool is bugged... Because I see it double randomly, along with the difficulty, and then just drop off.
wedge

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:40:02 PM

People are mining it, that or the Network Hashrate number thingie on Lava's pool is bugged... Because I see it double randomly, along with the difficulty, and then just drop off.

It's got to be a sustained increase for it to mean anything.

LittleDigger

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:26:08 PM

OK.. If you check the florin pool, you'll see that it says the network hashrate is 50M/h, but the pool hashrate is 100 M/h..

Theres a bug in the litecoin code, which doesn't show the hashrate correctly after a difficulty change, Lava caught it and it's one of the bugs he talked about fixing..

Because the block speed is off, there are about 1 million extra coins a week.. In fact the price just took a pasting because somebody dumped 475,000 of them.

Finally, although we have been steadfast, Bitjohn basically considered us to be no different to vaginacoin and weedcoin, and destined to fail. Although our currency is much older, because it has just been introduced it appears to be some new shitcoin to the uninformed.. He relented and put us on cryptsy's LTC market, but basically thats where shitcoins go, and nobody wants to buy shitcoins...

At the moment we are accepted by 9 commericail sites, but our price is worth less than royalcoin for christ sake... and those 9 sites are greater than a lot of alts that are listed against BTC..

I'm seriously considering pulling the plug.... We gave it a good run, but even though we have been more successful than othe alts, the prejudice of certain parties is too much to overcome...

VforVictory

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:42:35 PM

OK.. If you check the florin pool, you'll see that it says the network hashrate is 50M/h, but the pool hashrate is 100 M/h..

Theres a bug in the litecoin code, which doesn't show the hashrate correctly after a difficulty change, Lava caught it and it's one of the bugs he talked about fixing..

Because the block speed is off, there are about 1 million extra coins a week.. In fact the price just took a pasting because somebody dumped 475,000 of them.

Finally, although we have been steadfast, Bitjohn basically considered us to be no different to vaginacoin and weedcoin, and destined to fail. Although our currency is much older, because it has just been introduced it appears to be some new shitcoin to the uninformed.. He relented and put us on cryptsy's LTC market, but basically thats where shitcoins go, and nobody wants to buy shitcoins...

At the moment we are accepted by 9 commericail sites, but our price is worth less than royalcoin for christ sake... and those 9 sites are greater than a lot of alts that are listed against BTC..

I'm seriously considering pulling the plug.... We gave it a good run, but even though we have been more successful than othe alts, the prejudice of certain parties is too much to overcome...

O_o Why pull the plug? I read this entire thread before and you guys seemed okay if it wasn't listed on exchange sites... So why the change of heart? Shouldn't you be showing people how an actual adult coin is handled, by adults?

I know if I had 475,000 SXC I could give new toys to the local brothel... Thanks to Cryptosextoys. <_<
3dcgminer

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:20:18 PM

Giving up already?
SXC outlived many coins, a few more months and it will survive when many others fail.
wedge

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:35:08 PM

That's not the type of thing you should say, unless you're trying to trigger a massive sell-off.  You sly-dog you.   Wink

And:
#1. I wouldn't worry about how cryptsy feel's about Sexcoin or not.  Because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how they feel, as long as its listed.  It will reach its true value at some point.  The exchange is just a mechanism for converting the coin.  It doesn't set or control the value in any way (obviously). 
#2. There hasn't been nearly enough time for it to mature on the market anyway.
#3. What the coin needs isn't value, it's volume.  Volume of miners, of traders, and of course merchants.  That's where the development focus needs to be.  Don't try to just inflate its value.  Work on the volume and everything else will come in due time.
#4. Even though its on the LTC market now, they'll have no choice but to change that once the coin reaches a "mainstream" success.  In spite of how things look right now, I see SXC easily matching the value of LTC within a year, as long as it keeps gaining services.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: