Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:59:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121474 times)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:26:09 PM

How is this only on block 317 after almost 12 hours? Is the hashrate really that low?

emerefer

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:30:20 PM

How is this only on block 317 after almost 12 hours? Is the hashrate really that low?

why didnt you just check the hashrate when you checked the block count?
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:40:18 PM

why didnt you just check the hashrate when you checked the block count?

I did, but 20 mhash seems a bit high for such a low block count. I thought something was wrong with my info

PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:49:53 PM

Somebody could have cranked up the hashrate and then quit once the difficulty was adjusted.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:53:53 PM

Somebody could have cranked up the hashrate and then quit once the difficulty was adjusted.

You mean that "81% attack" earlier?

(Is everyone here illiterate, as in hasn't / doesn't read the thread before posting to it?)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 03:56:30 PM

You mean that "81% attack" earlier?

(Is everyone here illiterate, as in hasn't / doesn't read the thread before posting to it?)

-MarkM-

Even before that, when difficulty was under 1 the blocks were coming really slow

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:19:20 PM

BTW you have some stiff competition, as there were about 4-5 coins with PoW and PoS and superblocks (much like your VGB protocol, which has already been around for quite some time.)

Well for the record NUG doesn't have VGB I pointed this out yesterday but Vlad didn't even read it (or understand it).
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:21:07 PM

If it indeed survived the night (looks like it did).  Vlad and team, the first thing you should be developing is a Mining Pool.  Gets more people onboard to mine easier, and you can actually take a 1% cut, and people won't be offended.

Also, I don't know if it's to late to change the coin to a PoS coin??  Or make some major changes to it.  But I don't understand why this is to be considered a longterm coin when it's designed to suicide in 7 years.  I don't know if alot of people will put time/money into a coin knowing they have to be out of it within 6 years, or risk losing everything.  PoS could save it.  And you could market it as an eCoin (environmentally friendly coin) since power to maintain the coin will drop to almost nothing once the coin goes into PoS mode.  

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 04:21:46 PM

BTW you have some stiff competition, as there were about 4-5 coins with PoW and PoS and superblocks (much like your VGB protocol, which has already been around for quite some time.)

Well for the record NUG doesn't have VGB I pointed this out yesterday but Vlad didn't even read it (or understand it).

I've also tried directing him to your post, but in his own words he refuses to read the previous pages because he can't stop control his 12 year old temper from snappin like a child long enough to realize people are trying to help him

Vivisector999

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 04:23:40 PM

Yeah, I know Vlad might not see it, but I believe r3wt knows that, and is working on fixing the problem.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:05:08 PM

Yeah, I know Vlad might not see it, but I believe r3wt knows that, and is working on fixing the problem.

Right, but the "dev" needs to stop asking people if they got the bonuses that can't even be had and talking about this VGB protocol being the amazing this about this coin when it doesn't even fucking work. It shows lack of knowledge, community, and just general lack of giving a shit about his "project"

For a "miner's coin" he sure is ignoring and disrespecting the people (miners) that are trying to help him

gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:45:02 PM

Why is everyone calling it a protocol? Is there something I missed that is worthy of being called a protocol?
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 05:46:13 PM

Why is everyone calling it a protocol? Is there something I missed that is worthy of being called a protocol?

No, the guy is just trying to make it sound more professional. And failing miserably

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 06:57:22 PM

I paid to have it programmed with VGB and I looked for a second programmer but got no responses so I just assumed it was done right.

Can anybody here fix it and ill pay you .2 BTC?   C4n10 will actually launch a coin for half that.  

.2 BTC for anyone that works these bugs out and gets VGB to work right.  That's all I can do since I can't program.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:02:13 PM

If it indeed survived the night (looks like it did).  Vlad and team, the first thing you should be developing is a Mining Pool.  Gets more people onboard to mine easier, and you can actually take a 1% cut, and people won't be offended.

Also, I don't know if it's to late to change the coin to a PoS coin??  Or make some major changes to it.  But I don't understand why this is to be considered a longterm coin when it's designed to suicide in 7 years.  I don't know if alot of people will put time/money into a coin knowing they have to be out of it within 6 years, or risk losing everything.  PoS could save it.  And you could market it as an eCoin (environmentally friendly coin) since power to maintain the coin will drop to almost nothing once the coin goes into PoS mode.  

Per the programmer can't do a PoS coin as the VGB protocol won't work with PoS.

I'll throw in another .2 BTC for anyone who helps me start a pool.  this pool would have to me half mine since i'm paying for it.  And half to whoever starts it, of course.

And of course .2BTC for anyone who fixes the bugs and gets VGB To work right.   And maybe you can skew the random reward in favor of the smaller miners if that's possible.  Don't make it ridiculous just like a 30% margin of favor.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:02:56 PM

Try looking up protocol in the dictionary then ask again.

Edit:

I'll help you:

Protocol:  a procedure or a code for a procedure.  The golden blocks are both.

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:08:22 PM

I'll throw in another .2 BTC for anyone who helps me start a pool.  this pool would have to me half mine since i'm paying for it.  And half to whoever starts it, of course.

And of course .2BTC for anyone who fixes the bugs and gets VGB To work right.   And maybe you can skew the random reward in favor of the smaller miners if that's possible.  Don't make it ridiculous just like a 30% margin of favor.

It's gonna be a great coin when you have 20 people that have like 10 mHash total put together mining your coin since you keep trying to discriminate those of us keeping this abomination alive

It's so bad lol it doesn't even have a working "protocol" which was the main difference and selling point of this piece of shit. VGB will change the way mining is done...oh wait, it doesn't do anything

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:09:55 PM

Edit:

I'll help you:

Protocol:  a procedure or a code for a procedure.  The golden blocks are both.

Vlad as your partner, i remove speaking duties from you at this time. lock this thread and i'll start a new one and i'll handle it. you're digging us deeper man.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vivisector999

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:10:39 PM

Well you should ask him to check again, since there are many coins that have recently come out with PoW and PoS that have Superblocks (The real name for your VGB blocks, you didn't invent them)  The way the coin is set up right now, it will pretty much suicide in 6 years.  Since it would take you a year or 2 to get a decent economy going for your coin, why would you want it to commit suicide right away.  As far as I know that is the 1 invention you did actually invent.  Since I have never seen a suicide coin before.  Most are designed to last a while.  Why would someone pour money into it when they know they will have a hard time getting any of it out as the suicide date draws near.

Vivisector999

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:13:58 PM

Edit:

I'll help you:

Protocol:  a procedure or a code for a procedure.  The golden blocks are both.

Vlad as your partner, i remove speaking duties from you at this time. lock this thread and i'll start a new one and i'll handle it. you're digging us deeper man.

LMAO  never saw that before.  I was going to mention.  Since you are a programmer, why isn't he asking you to help him create the pool instead of paying $20 to have someone create a pool for him, then give him half the pool fees.  LOL

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: