Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121481 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:15:14 PM

If it indeed survived the night (looks like it did).  Vlad and team, the first thing you should be developing is a Mining Pool.  Gets more people onboard to mine easier, and you can actually take a 1% cut, and people won't be offended.

Also, I don't know if it's to late to change the coin to a PoS coin??  Or make some major changes to it.  But I don't understand why this is to be considered a longterm coin when it's designed to suicide in 7 years.  I don't know if alot of people will put time/money into a coin knowing they have to be out of it within 6 years, or risk losing everything.  PoS could save it.  And you could market it as an eCoin (environmentally friendly coin) since power to maintain the coin will drop to almost nothing once the coin goes into PoS mode.  

Per the programmer can't do a PoS coin as the VGB protocol won't work with PoS.

I'll throw in another .2 BTC for anyone who helps me start a pool.  this pool would have to me half mine since i'm paying for it.  And half to whoever starts it, of course.

And of course .2BTC for anyone who fixes the bugs and gets VGB To work right.   And maybe you can skew the random reward in favor of the smaller miners if that's possible.  Don't make it ridiculous just like a 30% margin of favor.

It's gonna be a great coin when you have 20 people that have like 10 mHash total put together mining your coin since you keep trying to discriminate those of us keeping this abomination alive

It's so bad lol it doesn't even have a working "protocol" which was the main difference and selling point of this piece of shit. VGB will change the way mining is done...oh wait, it doesn't do anything

A). Does anything positive or constructive ever come out of your mouth?

B). I PAID for the inclusion of VGB so obviously the programmer made an error.

C). Even though its not may fault I just put up a pretty hefty fee (bounty), one which is big enough to launch a new coin to fix the problem.

D) But like usual, you ignore such things so you can keep shitting yourself.

C) And you think a 30% margin of favor for the small guy is gonna leave you in the poor house with your $40,000 rig?  On top of being a nag you're a bit greedy and selfish as well.  

You know you don't have to be the way you are.  It's called character flaws and they can be changed with jut a bit of effort.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:17:26 PM

Why is everyone calling it a protocol? Is there something I missed that is worthy of being called a protocol?

Try looking up protocol in the dictionary then ask again.

Edit:

I'll help you:

Protocol:  a procedure or a code for a procedure.  The golden blocks are both.

Vlad as your partner, i remove speaking duties from you at this time. lock this thread and i'll start a new one and i'll handle it. you're digging us deeper man.

LMAO  never saw that before.  I was going to mention.  Since you are a programmer, why isn't he asking you to help him create the pool instead of paying $20 to have someone create a pool for him, then give him half the pool fees.  LOL

Because he's is nowhere to be seen.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:18:31 PM

If it indeed survived the night (looks like it did).  Vlad and team, the first thing you should be developing is a Mining Pool.  Gets more people onboard to mine easier, and you can actually take a 1% cut, and people won't be offended.

Also, I don't know if it's to late to change the coin to a PoS coin??  Or make some major changes to it.  But I don't understand why this is to be considered a longterm coin when it's designed to suicide in 7 years.  I don't know if alot of people will put time/money into a coin knowing they have to be out of it within 6 years, or risk losing everything.  PoS could save it.  And you could market it as an eCoin (environmentally friendly coin) since power to maintain the coin will drop to almost nothing once the coin goes into PoS mode.  

Per the programmer can't do a PoS coin as the VGB protocol won't work with PoS.

I'll throw in another .2 BTC for anyone who helps me start a pool.  this pool would have to me half mine since i'm paying for it.  And half to whoever starts it, of course.

And of course .2BTC for anyone who fixes the bugs and gets VGB To work right.   And maybe you can skew the random reward in favor of the smaller miners if that's possible.  Don't make it ridiculous just like a 30% margin of favor.

It's gonna be a great coin when you have 20 people that have like 10 mHash total put together mining your coin since you keep trying to discriminate those of us keeping this abomination alive

It's so bad lol it doesn't even have a working "protocol" which was the main difference and selling point of this piece of shit. VGB will change the way mining is done...oh wait, it doesn't do anything

A). Does anything positive or constructive ever come out of your mouth?

B). I PAID for the inclusion of VGB so obviously the programmer made an error.

C). Even though its not may fault I just put up a pretty hefty fee (bounty), one which is big enough to launch a new coin to fix the problem.

D) But like usual, you ignore such things so you can keep shitting yourself.

C) And you think a 30% margin of favor for the small guy is gonna leave you in the poor house with your $40,000 rig?  On top of being a nag you're a bit greedy and selfish as well.  

You know you don't have to be the way you are.  It's called character flaws and they can be changed with jut a bit of effort.

A) Yes, but not for people who don't deserve compliments

B) That should teach your stupid ass to pay for something you can't check yourself

C) Why bother?

D) Ok, I'll just spike your difficulty myself then and put an end to this

E) E comes after D, not C

I'm not even going to bother arguing with someone who messes up the first 5 letters of the alphabet. I'll silently just spike the difficulty everytime it gets to a reasonable return from mining. I'll show you what big miners can do when you talk shit to us while we try to save your piece of shit

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:21:48 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 07:40:04 PM by Vlad2Vlad

Why is everyone calling it a protocol? Is there something I missed that is worthy of being called a protocol?

Try looking up protocol in the dictionary then ask again.

Edit:

I'll help you:

Protocol:  a procedure or a code for a procedure.  The golden blocks are both.

Vlad as your partner, i remove speaking duties from you at this time. lock this thread and i'll start a new one and i'll handle it. you're digging us deeper man.

You were nowhere to be seen.  I had to do something.

IGot spots does nothing but bitch.

I put up 2 nice bounties and nothing but bitching.  If you had been here handling things I would have loved to stay out of it. You think I like to throw money a away at a coin I already paid once to be programmed right?

Fine, I'll step off and I'll give you the bounties to start a pool for us and to fix the VGB error.

But I'm not closing this thread.  It's got a nice count. And I'm not gonna get booted off someone else's thread just for speaking my mind.

Besides people need to see how far this coin has come and how tough it it was if it does make it.

But if you're here I have no problem ignoring with that mindless idiot iGot Spots.  He's single handedly agitating everyone.  Can't you see that?

I'm out.  Good luck.  I'll PM you my cellphone number, r3, if you do need anything from me.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:24:33 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 07:41:43 PM by Vivisector999

What are you talking about?   He is posting in the forums telling you to stop posting and digging yourselves deeper into a ditch.  

BTW a bounty is supposed to encourage people to build a pool for your coin.  Not to give you a 50% share in the pool because you paid $20.  

And you are calling $20 (hefty fee) alot of money for someone to sit and re-program your coin for a few hours??? You do realize that is charity pricing.  But you have an actual programmer (Who should be changing you 0.5 BTC per hour minimum) that is partnered up with you.  He is online, and working on damage control instead of your coin atm.  Lol, I thought you apologized last night and agreed to come out with a business face today.  

My business advice for today.  Do NOT poke the bear.  You need IGotSpots more then you realize.  He can kill your coin all by himself just by playing the difficulty ramp-ups r3wt isn't going to spend his entire day/life undigging you from the ditch you keep trying to dig.  IGotSpots doesn't need you for anything though.  So just grin and smile no matter what he says.  

Also you're to impatient.  I think you have this strange feeling everyone here is unemployed and their career is making coins for $20 a piece.  LOL.  Everyone sleeps, and probably everyone has a day job.  Just because you don't see something going on every hour doesn't mean you need to freak out and start going around him, or he won't be around for you much longer.  And you do realize without him here for you, that every time IGotSPots decides to push the difficulty too high, it will cost you a 0.2 BTC bounty to have someone go in and fix it the problem.  

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:38:25 PM

Vlad, you need to calm the heck down, buddy. 

My rig is pointed to your coin right now, as are several others, I'm sure. 

r3wt is trying to help you, but you keep going off on people here. 

Next time you read a post that upsets you, just smile and remind yourself of all of the things in life that make you happy, and then either respond in a positive manner or just ignore it.  You seem super stressed about this coin. 
hotcoldcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:40:49 PM

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread.   It has been a joy to read.  The humor, the laughter, the pure joy I feel, I just need to thank you again, each and every one of you!

Vlad2Vlad, please continue!  Don't let anyone stop you.   The laughter must go on!  

obligatory meme:

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 07:45:47 PM

Next time you read a post that upsets you, just smile and remind yourself of all of the things in life that make you happy, and then either respond in a positive manner or just ignore it.  You seem super stressed about this coin.  

Thanks for the friendly advice, "The Dude".  

See, if people talked like you I would be really cool about all this.

Now I promised R3 I'd bail so I will.  But this thread stays open.

What we have here is growing pains combined with a few assholes and one neurotic easily stressed bigger asshole and that's no reason to close a thread and open one for Mr. Rogers.

Lets just start the next page with a different attitude and to see if the problem is me I'll step away and if r3 needs me for some thing he's got my cellphone number.

As for the bounties, since I've been here I've seen real programmers take on serious tasks for lame 200,000 devcoins.  It was peanuts so naturally I thought .2 BTC was a good amount.  And if I pay to help get a pool off the ground of course i want half.

I gave away my 2.2 million coins to r3 to use to bounties how exactly am I suppose to make money off a coin I paid to launch.  It's this kind of BS that pisses me off.

Anyway, enjoy the thread without me and lets see if it goes any better.  Later:  the Dude!

thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:51:31 PM

And of course .2BTC for anyone who fixes the bugs and gets VGB To work right.   And maybe you can skew the random reward in favor of the smaller miners if that's possible.  Don't make it ridiculous just like a 30% margin of favor.

Now you want to pay someone .2 BTC to actually create the feature you were promising? I'll be coming back to this thread for more statements like this.  Grin
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 07:52:19 PM

int64 static GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees, uint256 prevHash)
{
      int64 nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;

std::string cseed_str = prevHash.ToString().substr(8,7);
      const char* cseed = cseed_str.c_str();
      long seed = hex2long(cseed);

int rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 100000);

if(rand > 50000 && rand < 50011)      
         nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN;  //The VGB Protocol Random 250x Block Award

else if(nHeight == 1)  
         nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Public Wallet Premine

else if(nHeight == 2)  
         nSubsidy = 1100000 * COIN; //.5% Coin Owner Premine

else if(nHeight < 249)
         nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;   //No  Coins awarded for the first 250 blocks (fair launch)

else if(nHeight > 250)
         nSubsidy = 49 * COIN;   //Standard 49 Coin Reward  

if(nHeight > 14726880) // no block reward after 7 years
                  nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

I'm no coder and I probably have no idea what I'm doing (is this C?), but there's my proposed fix. I cannot promise if it's at all right, but I'd love 0.2BTC!!

14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D

Much obliged.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
thef

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:08:32 PM

{

else if(nHeight == 1)  

else if(nHeight == 2)  

else if(nHeight < 249)
         nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;   //No  Coins awarded for the first 250 blocks (fair launch)

else if(nHeight > 250)

nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

I'm no coder and I probably have no idea what I'm doing (is this C?), but there's my proposed fix. I cannot promise if it's at all right, but I'd love 0.2BTC!!

Much obliged.

I believe that still allows superblocks to be created in the first 250 blocks. I'm a noob, but I would do something like this.

{

if(nHeight == 1)  

else if(nHeight == 2)  

else if(nHeight < 250)

else if(nHeight > 250) {

}

nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 08:14:35 PM

Next time you read a post that upsets you, just smile and remind yourself of all of the things in life that make you happy, and then either respond in a positive manner or just ignore it.  You seem super stressed about this coin.  

What we have here is growing pains combined with a few assholes and one neurotic easily stressed bigger asshole and that's no reason to close a thread and open one for Mr. Rogers.

Lets just start the next page with a different attitude and to see if the problem is me I'll step away and if r3 needs me for some thing he's got my cellphone number.

As for the bounties, since I've been here I've seen real programmers take on serious tasks for lame 200,000 devcoins.  It was peanuts so naturally I thought .2 BTC was a good amount.  And if I pay to help get a pool off the ground of course i want half.

I gave away my 2.2 million coins to r3 to use to bounties how exactly am I suppose to make money off a coin I paid to launch.  It's this kind of BS that pisses me off.

Anyway, enjoy the thread without me and lets see if it goes any better.  Later:  the Dude!

Good now we can get something done

PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:17:35 PM

Code:
*code*

Agh! You got me! You win this one!  Wink

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 08:39:18 PM

{

else if(nHeight == 1)  

else if(nHeight == 2)  

else if(nHeight < 249)

else if(nHeight > 250)

nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Much obliged.

I believe that still allows superblocks to be created in the first 250 blocks. I'm a noob, but I would do something like this.

{

if(nHeight == 1)  

else if(nHeight == 2)  

else if(nHeight < 250)

else if(nHeight > 250) {

}

nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

If a programmer can confirm this is a VGB fix the .2 BTC IS yours, bro.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 08:54:17 PM

Just wondering.  Are you currently looking into ideas that will make this coin a long term coin, and not one that kills itself in 6-7 years? 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:00:11 PM

{

else if(nHeight == 1)  

else if(nHeight == 2)  

else if(nHeight < 249)

else if(nHeight > 250)

nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Much obliged.

{

if(nHeight == 1)  

else if(nHeight == 2)  

else if(nHeight < 250)

else if(nHeight > 250) {

}

nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

what the fuck you can't just make the block rewards cease after 7 years!! thats ridiculous

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:09:28 PM

Do you have any idea as to what probability is? Dead serious question. There is no way to make smaller miners benefit with a dumbass superblock system.

what the fuck you can't just make the block rewards cease after 7 years!! thats ridiculous

lol where have you been

hadn't even looked at the source yet, much less the block rewards. I'm busy monitoring NAN and doing chart analysis on cryptsy. i can't be bothered for this at the moment.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 09:10:28 PM

You serious Bro? If you dont have the proper skills to Make--let alone MAINTAIN a coin...Dont effing release one. This is a hard fail on every part. You should just throw your suitcase on your back and head for the hills. But seriously, no joking, you really should have thought and tested ovee and over again to make sure there was no fuckups, that way the community would not have pummeled down on you so hard. JS.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 09:10:56 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2013, 09:22:59 PM by jackjack

{

if(nHeight == 1) 

else if(nHeight == 2) 

else if(nHeight < 250)
         nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;   //No  Coins awarded for the first 250 blocks (fair launch)

else if(nHeight > 250) {
         nSubsidy = 49 * COIN;   //Standard 49 Coin Reward   

nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN;  //The VGB Protocol Random 250x Block Award
      }

nSubsidy = 0;

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

I'm not sure about what you want.
From posts, I think it is "super blocks possible only after block 250 and before 7years". Then thef's solution is still wrong.
A correct code would be this:
Code:
{

if(nHeight < 250){

if(nHeight == 1) 

else if(nHeight == 2) 

else  nSubsidy = 0 * COIN;   //No  Coins awarded for the first 250 blocks (fair launch)
        return nSubsidy + nFees;
      }

if(nHeight > 14726880){ // no block reward after 7 years
                  nSubsidy = 0;
                  return nSubsidy + nFees;
       }

nSubsidy = 49 * COIN;   //Standard 49 Coin Reward 

nSubsidy = 10045 * COIN;  //The VGB Protocol Random 250x Block Award

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 09:17:06 PM

From posts, I think it is "super blocks possible only after block 250 and before 7years". Then thef's solution is still wrong.

You sure? At first glance, without noticing the {

}

On the > 250 clause, I too thought the random was outside the >250 clause. Did you too overlook the curlybrackets there?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: