Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:39:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121474 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:44:27 PM

Block 250 has to return a 0 subsidy. Superblocks can not kick in to some future block number that gives people time to update the client.

Edit:  or maybe 250  has to be a 0 or a superblock chance,  have to find the original code to remember for sure.

Block 250 is not supposed to be 0, I quoted r3wt stating this a few pages ago.
And yeah, I wasn't sure if anybody was really using the client so I just followed what Vlad asked. Also block 250 would create a hard fork anyway as the current code makes it 0 and my fix makes it 49.

Anyway, he didn't say he would send me 0.1BTC for fixing nuggets.
I'll send you .1 BTC for bringing up an issue which could cause problems down the line.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 09:50:23 PM

Anyway, he didn't say he would send me 0.1BTC for fixing nuggets.
I'll send you .1 BTC for bringing up an issue which could cause problems down the line.

i wouldn't hold your breath on this one jackjack

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:02:47 PM

Block 250 has to return a 0 subsidy. Superblocks can not kick in to some future block number that gives people time to update the client.

Edit:  or maybe 250  has to be a 0 or a superblock chance,  have to find the original code to remember for sure.

Block 250 is not supposed to be 0, I quoted r3wt stating this a few pages ago.
And yeah, I wasn't sure if anybody was really using the client so I just followed what Vlad asked. Also block 250 would create a hard fork anyway as the current code makes it 0 and my fix makes it 49.

It doesn't really matter here (given this coin is dead anyways) but as an academical point of view if a hard fork is necessary it should be a future hard fork.

It doesn't matter what block 250 "should have been", block 250 on the current longest chain has a value of 0 coins.  If you change that you will cause a catastrophic re-org back in time to block 250.  This is an absolute worst case scenario.  Once again this is academic because this coin is dead anyways but a good learning lesson.

Once a mistake is made and the chain has moved beyond that the "fix" is to keep it the same.   As an example Satoshi had intended the genesis block to be spendable but a bug in the code prevents it from being spent.  The "fix" is to keep that block unspendable forever.  Trying to correct it to what "should have been" would cause a irrecoverable hard fork if/when someone tried to spend the genesis block.

The mistakes were:
a) block 250 is 0 coins
b) super blocks are not possible through the current block due to a bug.
c) no subsidy decline just drop to 0 in 7 years (we will ignore this one because it isn't pressing although it does ensure this coin is DOA).

The fix is:
a) keep block 250 as 0 coins.
b) keep no superblocks through some future block (estimate the time necessary to get super majority of nodes to upgrade)
c) implement superblock fix on blocks AFTER the block in "b"

This will keep the current longest chain valid and allow migration at some future block height to enable the superblocks.  Otherwise you introduce the abiltity to double spend.  Some users have already received coins in blocks 251+.  Those users have sold them on exchanges (in theory).  Changing the "correct" value for block 250 would cause all nodes running the corrected code to see the entire existing chain from block 250 onward as invalid.  The coins held by exchanges would disapear in the reorg.

Obviously any hard fork is bad and testing and proper deployment should be done to minimize the need for hard forks however if you must use a hard fork it should only be done in a forward fashion.  At block XXXX in the future old nodes and new nodes will fork not at block yyyy which is way in the past we just erase the majority of the existing change.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:08:12 PM

Edit:  or maybe 250  has to be a 0 or a superblock chance,  have to find the original code to remember for sure.

You were right on the first one.  Since block 250 already exists now and it is 0 coins then any change other than that will cause a retroactive fork back to block 250.  So block 250 MUST be zero and superblocks must NOT be enabled until some block in the future.

However at the time jackjack published the fix it was prior to block 250 so if implemented then it would have been fine however that ship has now sailed so the "fix" which causes the minimal collateral damage (to existing coin holders and exchange accounts) is to "fix" it such that it preserves the existing chain (flaws and all) and then "enhanced" future blocks only.
diatonic

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

Is it really dead? I got some nuggets in a giveaway and it looks like a good coin, even if the VGB protocol is total fail. I like the difficulty adjustments. And the drama in the launch thread is priceless.

#bitcoin-otc ratings: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=diatonic | Tips: 1DiATonicgGnUcsH6NpSuCEDwRRW3wecgs
PerfectAgent

Activity: 252

Still the Best 1973

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 10:44:06 PM

Everything you mentioned is why it's dead from the outset.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
BTC Address: 14qkEkmoWQbgF4EMB6F5m8p3LU1D8UK32D ||||||||||| NMC Address: N8xv7xXnLnRgSvQCRK9vwndsH2HBAifs3C
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 11:16:16 PM

Sold 3000 NUG for 0.018 BTC!

WOOT WOOT!

lol
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:41:25 AM

I'm back, guys.  Did anything or anyone blow up while I was gone.  Sorry had tons of stuff to Do with the kids today.

I'm hoping for some good news like that unreal news about making an exchange in just under 3 days.

I've never even heard of that before.

Has anyone started working on the VGB issue yet?  The forensic guy I know hasn't had time to come over yet so I haven't been able to get help from my end but I did out up a 50,000 NUGs bounty last night for anyone to solve the VGB Conjecture.

Anyone?  Anyone? Beuhler?  Beuhler?

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:43:39 AM

WOOT WOOT!

lol

Is that good?

Does anyone know how its possible for a 3 day coin to be on an. Exchange in under 3 days?  I mean besides my heavy prayers and a miracle straight from God.  I've never seen it before, that's all?

Contracts by the way, The Dude.

Now imagine if the VGB was in full effect.  It would sprained the active miners by a factor of 10.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:47:02 AM

Is it really dead? I got some nuggets in a giveaway and it looks like a good coin, even if the VGB protocol is total fail. I like the difficulty adjustments. And the drama in the launch thread is priceless.

The drama is 99% me and 1% people who hate me and wish I'd die along with this coin.

Did you like the family pics I put up last night.

I got tired of being called a scammer and figured no scammer would put up not only his real Idntoth but his entire family too.

Cause tell me, you guys buy and mine coins and talk up all these devs but they're nobody's, hiding behind a fake name and all the money you guys create for them.

They want your trust but they don't even trust you with their real names or faces.

I promised from the begining 100% transparency and I kept my word.  Some were shocked but that's how I do.

ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:50:25 AM

WOOT WOOT!

lol

Is that good?

Does anyone know how its possible for a 3 day coin to be on an. Exchange in under 3 days?  I mean besides my heavy prayers and a miracle straight from God.  I've never seen it before, that's all?

Now imagine if the VGB was in full effect.  It would sprained the active miners by a factor of 10.

When I released NuCoin it went from release to exchange in 2 days... Soooo... Yeah.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:52:43 AM

Like I said I'm a bit naive.

I just realized that half the people here who screw nothing but hate and negativity are people with selfish self interest and an agenda. Look at how this thread just blew up in just 3 days.

That's a lot of miners, eyeballs and ears listening to nuggets and NUGs rather than their coins.  So they're out where bashing in full force trying to shut this thread down but so far the harder they try the more people come here.

When they tried to make a scammer out if me and I put up my family and personal photos along with my youtube Chanel with all my family and kids and my Facebook account I think they realized I wasn't exactly normal.

They should have known - I did run a poll to show I'm part savant and part retarded although I'm sad most people voted for the refarded part.  

So heads up - many here who do nothing but bitch and complain have a personal agenda.  Bother me nine, cause so far they've just doused net fuel on NUGs.  Thanks guys, I wouldn't have done it alone - God turned your hate into love fuel or jet fuel, whatever sounds cooler to you guys.

Now lets get the VGB protocol worming and i promise miner activity will jump 10-fold.  Lets do it before one of these haters does an exact copy caiuse they don't have a single creative bone in their jaba-the-hut bodies.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:53:47 AM

WOOT WOOT!

lol

Is that good?

When I released NuCoin it went from release to exchange in 2 days... Soooo... Yeah.

That's amazing.  Did you have connections?  I don't even have a programmer to help me fix VGB FOR PAY.  I mean I'm down to zero on the connected chart.

But congrats.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:54:31 AM

but I did out up a 50,000 NUGs bounty last night for anyone to solve the VGB Conjecture.

Well seeing as you haven't paid your prior promises not sure why anyone would believe you. Then again with NUGs going as low as 0.000002 BTC per NUG, 50,000 NUG is worth 1,000 a 50,000 reward would be worth ~0.1 BTC or $9 USD.  I am sure the "pro programmers will be fighting over a chance at those high stakes".

Does anyone know how its possible for a 3 day coin to be on an. Exchange in under 3 days?

Many scamcoins hit an exchange within 24 hours some have hit the exchange at the time of the public release.   The only exchange carrying NUG is a self described "exchange for shitcoins".  At this point there are no bids at any price.

http://iceycrypt.com/index.php?page=trade&market=4

That's a lot of miners, eyeballs and ears listening to nuggets and NUGs rather than their coins.  So they're out where bashing in full force trying to shut this thread down but so far the harder they try the more people come here.

More delusions of grandeur (and you wonder why your programmer partner deserted you).  Hashrate has fallen about 60% since the first day.  More people aren't coming here.  The same group of people are checking in periodically just like people stop and stare at the person dressed like an idiot at Walmart or to get a good look at an accident on the highway.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

WOOT WOOT!

lol

Is that good?

Did you intentionally design your NuCoin to look like AV?  Just odd since its NuCoin.  But maybe you're trying to convey something.

ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 02:59:48 AM

WOOT WOOT!

lol

Is that good?

Did you intentionally design your NuCoin to look like AV?  Just odd since its NuCoin.  But maybe you're trying to convey something.

I'm sorry I do not follow. AV? And I am not trying to convey a thing.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:01:08 AM

but I did out up a 50,000 NUGs bounty last night for anyone to solve the VGB Conjecture.

Well seeing as you haven't paid your prior promises not sure why anyone would believe you. Then again with NUGs going as low as 0.000002 BTC per NUG, 50,000 NUG is worth 1,000 a 50,000 reward would be worth ~0.1 BTC or $9 USD.  I am sure the "pro programmers will be fighting over a chance at those high stakes".

Does anyone know how its possible for a 3 day coin to be on an. Exchange in under 3 days?

Many scamcoins hit an exchange within 24 hours some have hit the exchange at the time of the public release.   The only exchange carrying NUG is a self described "exchange for shitcoins".  At this point there are no bids at any price.

http://iceycrypt.com/index.php?page=trade&market=4

What haven't I paid?  You think o have time to read every single post?

I told people to Send me their BTC addresses.  I've gotten NONE.

And the guy who said he fixed the VGB protocol didn't so that only leave the noodle guy for .1BTC.  And I need his address.

So I have paid everyone.

And this is a new coin.  From what I've seen with all coins, the whole community pitches in and in most cases the devs pitch in little to noting.  Miners needs the development so they all pitch in.  If you think I'm gonna start paying millions of coins that's crazy.  There a lot that needs to be done so just like all other coins the community, the miners will also have to pitch in.

So far I've put bounties on BItcoins and in NUGs, while also givin away over 500,000 nugs for free, while not a single miner has pitched in anything.  Isn't this how open source works.  That's what I was told by many people.  So don't expect $50 per hour unless you show me a PhD.

For a guy with over 10,000 posts I'm surprised you haven't read that anywhere.  Or do you also have a coin and would love to see this one go broke and dead?

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:06:37 AM

Is it really that hard to just delete this entire pointless thread? Pretty ridiculous it even got to this point without any mod intervention

Yes, yes it is, if I made a habit of just deleting threads like this, I'd be fired. Because it is the OP's thread, and he doesn't seem to have much problem with it (waiting for clarification) I don't have the right to delete it or any comments he chooses are fit to stay. I will however edit out excessive threats and other things that are excessively useless. If he wanted to make a thread called Land Whale spotted on Mars and the comments to be compiled completely of people's names with the letter Z, as the creator the thread, it is his choice. I however can and will edit/delete anything that is excessively unnecessary in nature that could be damaging to those that respond or view the thread. Threats, Obscene images, very excessive use of offensive language or unwanted personal attacks, etc.

Thank you.  Most of the off topic comments were due to the problems due to the bad launch due to the errors in the programming.  This thread is for a coin and people are free to complain and that doesn't make it off topic.

Many here would love to see it deleteted cause it takes miners and people away from their coins.  I am actively worming on getting the code for the VGB protocol fixed and am handing out bounties as well.  This is open source and so miners should help as much as they could if they wanna see this coin survive.  There's on,y so much I can do as one person especially since the premine faild miserably and the programmer already gave away 500,000 NUGs out randomly to people which was nice.

Just link with other coins people have to pitch in to get things fixed.  Lets focus first on VGB.  How hard can it be, it's already programmed, its just some bug.  Lets get that fixed and then the complaining will stop, except for those with dying coins who wish to steal the members of this board.  They'll keep barking but just like until now it won't help.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 03:12:23 AM

the miners will also have to pitch in.

With what.  To date 1704 blocks have been mined.  The first 250 were 0 coins so that is 71,246 coins owned by miners.   At current exchange rate that is worth ~$12.82.  That is everything owned by all miners collectively since this samcoin launched.  So if you rounded up every miner and convinced them to give up everything they mined for the last three days it would be worth $12 or maybe 9 minutes of a programmer's time.

Once again have fun with your delusions of grandeur.  

So don't expect $50 per hour unless you show me a PhD.

Most programmer's don't have a PhD, most code written by the largest and well funded corporations don't have programmer's with PhD on the payroll.  PhD is mostly theoretical work what matters in the real world is experience, the tens of thousands of hours of rolling up your sleeves and writing code.  I will be the first to admit it (and I am far from the only one) college didn't prepare me for real world projects in the slightest.   It was a piece of paper which got me my first job.  Every job after that was based on the work experience.  BTW I have no PhD so that disqualifies me but there wasn't a chance in hell I was offering my services.  I would point out I mapped out how a hardfork will need to happen to avoid a historical re-org back to block 250 and was the first person to notice the superblocks were non-functional (within hours of launch).   The money is irrelevant (as it is to most programmers) I spend countless hours coding boring tedious portions of projects.  I enjoy writing code I find interesting for free.  Shitcoins aren't what any experienced programmer would call "interesting".

For a guy with over 10,000 posts I'm surprised you haven't read that anywhere.  Or do you also have a coin and would love to see this one go broke and dead?
I have launched no coin so stop with the conspiratorial diarrhea.  That is your rebuttal (and I use the word loosely) to any statement by anyone.  I would love to see this chain halt if only to shut you up.  The never ending delusions of grandeur, the false claims, the self praise, the accolades about your spiritual, physiological, and intellectual superiority.    It is .... sad and likely won't stop until you coin is dead.  At the way hashrate is dropping it shouldn't be long.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2013, 03:18:51 AM

I'm surprised the biggest complainers are the ones complaining to the mods, the ones who do the most damage to this thread and cause the most problems.

I have been attached the most and its my thread and how many people do you think I have complained to the mod for?  ZERO.  I never emailed the mod on any of your and it would be easy to ban some of you.

I ddidtn do it cause I want free speech I don't want anyone to be afraid to speak their kind which means I have to put up with a lot of abuse.

I've been kicked off threads just for posting a post that was a bit too long.  Or for pasting one post about a different coin that would have been a good coin to be launched.

Look at this thread and how abusive it has been toward me and to anyone showing any support and not a single complaint from me to the mods.

Those who can't take the heat are cowards in my book. If you don't like this coin or thread then leave.

But that's not the problem, these guys complaining want this thread deleted because it threatens their own CrapCoins.  They want everyone here to be on their threads and that's why the constant attacks and complaints to the mods.

I believe in free speech cause I know what it was like as a small 9 hear old to be kidnapped in broad daylight and watch my mother beaten bloody just cause we wanted to voice out opinion cause we had no food to eat.

I will never shut down anyone's ability and desire to speak no matter how abusive some of you have been to me and this coin.  

Let me have it - bring it on, give me your worst and I will still never report you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: