Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:00:28 PM

Jeez guys.. 4 pages of off-topic discussion since I posted my question regarding the error I got this afternoon...

Website is still broken and doesn't show shipping costs.. Is there anyone from hashfast here that can explain this failure?

What I see from the screenshot earlier is almost 800$ for shipping, I hope that's not correct cuz I could almost pick it up myself from Europe for that amount..

I'm not ready to call it a scam (yet) but I've seen better customer support... (even from BFL Tongue)

Hi All,

We outsourced our web development, and got stung with a hopelessly underpowered shared solution. Combined with the bitpay integration issues this has caused a host of problems. John is working with a new web developer to bring up the site on a new dedicated server.

The shipping quotes we are using come from an automated calculator of shipping cost - we are not making any profit on shipping. If we are able to negotiate a better deal with the shippers we will refund you the difference in shipping cost. Of course we also welcome you to come and pick up your order in person.

Jeesh, first you guys hook up with Gridfinity, then hire some shills, now you your hosting...  I'm starting to feel i should somehow shield you from the nasty, unaccommodating reality. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fiktionist

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:20:49 PM

KNC just announced a November price of less than 5000 USD

sadly i think in November it will be just a very expensive doorstop Sad

liked that post? Official BeerAdress: 12Q9d7tntiQXARjpVSRKnQhzJy4MoAaonL
HashFast (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 09:39:33 PM

Hi everyone,

Again, I personally apologize for the difficulty many of you had in placing an order with us yesterday. The integration between BitPay and our shopping cart did not operate smoothly, and the sales volume overwhelmed it.

This is what we are doing to fix it:

1) We have a record of everyone who attempted to make a purchase. We will individually contact those people to give each one the option of completing their purchase (and preserving their place in line for delivery of the earliest units, as per the timestamp in their order)

2) Many of you have felt that the shipping costs were too high. We will find a better/cheaper solution, and refund the difference. It is absolutely not our intention to make a profit on shipping costs. If you have completed a transaction, and feel that the shipping costs were too high, please submit a ticket to support@hashfast.com.

3) We are working hard to improve and test a new site and payment processing options. In the meantime, if you would like to make a purchase with us directly, you can email us at sales@hashfast.com. Please include your full name, address and a phone number where we can reach you. We will work on these purchase requests in the order that they are received (and provide each person with a place in the delivery line,  per the timestamp of their email)

Our team is working diligently to get these issues resolved. We appreciate your patience.

If you have completed an order and have questions, please contact support@hashfast.com
If you have not yet completed an order and would like to do so, please contact sales@hashfast.com

Thank you,
John Skrodenis
HashFast

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 09:49:20 PM

Jeez guys.. 4 pages of off-topic discussion since I posted my question regarding the error I got this afternoon...

Website is still broken and doesn't show shipping costs.. Is there anyone from hashfast here that can explain this failure?

What I see from the screenshot earlier is almost 800$ for shipping, I hope that's not correct cuz I could almost pick it up myself from Europe for that amount..

I'm not ready to call it a scam (yet) but I've seen better customer support... (even from BFL Tongue)

Hi All,

We outsourced our web development, and got stung with a hopelessly underpowered shared solution. Combined with the bitpay integration issues this has caused a host of problems. John is working with a new web developer to bring up the site on a new dedicated server.

The shipping quotes we are using come from an automated calculator of shipping cost - we are not making any profit on shipping. If we are able to negotiate a better deal with the shippers we will refund you the difference in shipping cost. Of course we also welcome you to come and pick up your order in person.

Hey Simon,

Let me be the first one to recommend foxycart! Lukestokes who is part of the foxycart team is here at bitcointalk! I have been using them for almost a couple years! Bitpay / Bitcoin supported!

I think its important who you choose to work with be it a spokesman or a marketing firm and even a design team.! You only get one chance to make a first impression. If you are lucky and get another chance to leave an impression i would go to extreme lengths to make sure you are being represented in the manor that is reflective of your commitment to your customers as well as your bottom line. I think there is a balance somewhere in there that can be met that can provide a pain free and seamless experience for customers.

The whole marketing fiasco and the twitter account and the privacy policy and now the down shopping cart as well as a not so graceful spokesperson is reflective and could be avoided.

Hi everyone,

Again, I personally apologize for the difficulty many of you had in placing an order with us yesterday. The integration between BitPay and our shopping cart did not operate smoothly, and the sales volume overwhelmed it.

This is what we are doing to fix it:

1) We have a record of everyone who attempted to make a purchase. We will individually contact those people to give each one the option of completing their purchase (and preserving their place in line for delivery of the earliest units, as per the timestamp in their order)

2) Many of you have felt that the shipping costs were too high. We will find a better/cheaper solution, and refund the difference. It is absolutely not our intention to make a profit on shipping costs. If you have completed a transaction, and feel that the shipping costs were too high, please submit a ticket to support@hashfast.com.

3) We are working hard to improve and test the new site and payment processing options. In the meantime, if you would like to make a purchase with us directly, you can email us at sales@hashfast.com. Please include your name, address and a phone number where we can reach you. We will work on these purchase requests in the order that they are received (and provide each person with a place in the delivery line,  per the timestamp of their email)

Our team is working diligently to get these issues resolved. We appreciate your patience.

If you have completed an order and have questions, please contact support@hashfast.com
If you have not yet completed an order and would like to do so, please contact sales@hashfast.com

Thank you,
John Skrodenis
HashFast

Glad to see you guys are on top of this.. I was just posting a response to simon when i saw your post.

Good Luck!!

KNC just announced a November price of less than 5000 USD

Not only that but they said the 400ghs was the guarantee but the miners will do a "considerable" amount better!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 09:50:56 PM

We outsourced our web development, and got stung with a hopelessly underpowered shared solution.

Really? You launched a multi-million dollar project on a $5 shared hosting solution? What kind of idiot are you?

Buy & Hold
Simon Barber

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:00:57 PM

We outsourced our web development, and got stung with a hopelessly underpowered shared solution.

Really? You launched a multi-million dollar project on a $5 shared hosting solution? What kind of idiot are you?

The development and management of the site was outsourced to an external developer, who came with good credentials, and was not cheap. They selected an unsuitable hosting solution and implemented the site on it. We are no longer working with them, and moving the site.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 12:27:12 AM

Hi All,

Are you also outsourcing the physical production of your boxes?

The development and management of the site was outsourced to an external developer, who came with good credentials, and was not cheap. They selected an unsuitable hosting solution and implemented the site on it. We are no longer working with them, and moving the site.

Well, I hope you're getting your money back.

And again, have you also outsourced your production and shipping logistics?  This is where both Avalon and BFL have failed. It's very critical information for determining whether or not to purchase.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 12:46:43 AM

Wow, it looks like they're whole website is down at this point:

Pro-tip: Don't fire your web designer while they're still running your server!

At this point I feel kind of bad for you guys.

relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 12:52:56 AM

Wow, it looks like they're whole website is down at this point:

Pro-tip: Don't fire your web designer while they're still running your server!

At this point I feel kind of bad for you guys.

I'm not seeing that page. It brings up a CloudFlare time out error, which could either be due to misconfigured DNS or DDOS attack on the origin server.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:01:26 AM

Man you guys are brutal. They said they were moving their provider. Takes some time to propagate dns.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
AFox

Activity: 539
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:02:16 AM

You have malware on your computer.
I think your bitcoins will disappear soon.

My lucky BTC address : 1LoTTerY3WYbGxVRHvh8oDudDdTxFvvqWF
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:03:29 AM

I'm not seeing that page. It brings up a CloudFlare time out error, which could either be due to misconfigured DNS or DDOS attack on the origin server.

Not sure what's going on. I tried reloading and saw a cloudflare error page I'd never seen before, but before I could get a screenshot it redirected to the cached version.

Maybe they just shut down the site, resulting in the cloudflare thing.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:03:59 AM

How do you figure ?
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:05:00 AM

A) No, that's actually what their website looked like, now it's a cloudflare thing
B) I hope no one is dumb enough to leave a serious amount of bitcoins on a machine they surf the web with Grin

How do you figure ?

I think he thinks that page was inserted locally, by some spam spyware. Although as you can see it's signed by Hashfast's certificate, which would be difficult (but not impossible) for malware to do.

(EDIT: Actually it's showing up again - anyone else see it?)

AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:13:40 AM

I Interpreted it as illegal, which is what it is. It was more a case of I would remove that if I were you, especially if you, by your own declaration are the spokesperson of a company.
why is it illegal?
i changed my mind.

So basically you hedged your bets, made 3 reservations, with every intent to refund 2/3.
No wonder you advised hashfast choosing bitcoin only - to stop people doing what you have done to others.
To the detriment of potential customers if the startup fails.

Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 01:20:18 AM

How do you figure ?

Okay, here's a screenshot of their site from a nearly completely stock Ubuntu 12.04 install, hopefully proving neither I, nor my computer is insane:

As you can see the page is digitally signed with their SSL  certificate meaning that they're not actually in control of it.  Given how much money is at stake you'd think it's something they'd pay attention too

At this point I actually feel kind of bad pointing out all their mistakes :/

namecoin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:22:07 AM

A) No, that's actually what their website looked like, now it's a cloudflare thing
B) I hope no one is dumb enough to leave a serious amount of bitcoins on a machine they surf the web with Grin

How do you figure ?

I think he thinks that page was inserted locally, by some spam spyware. Although as you can see it's signed by Hashfast's certificate, which would be difficult (but not impossible) for malware to do.

(EDIT: Actually it's showing up again - anyone else see it?)

Ytterbium, I had seen that page earlier.  And I am seeing that right now as well. 
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:23:44 AM

I hope you didn't pay with bitcoins
relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 01:23:50 AM

I had to refresh a few times. It is showing up now. Scrolling down a bit the page seems to be served by CloudFlare... I guess they are using the free plan or something as I'm pretty sure the paid doesn't show ads when your site is down.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 02:23:38 AM

I had to refresh a few times. It is showing up now. Scrolling down a bit the page seems to be served by CloudFlare... I guess they are using the free plan or something as I'm pretty sure the paid doesn't show ads when your site is down.

Guess their new outsourced dev got a $11.6 budget (paid in cash), as the first one...  Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: