Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7209 times)
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:30:29 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.
So now I do not sell anything at all. In the past, I also made such mistakes. Now my strategy is to hold all the coins for at least 3 years.Sometimes I look in the blockfolio on the balance and that's it. Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:38:54 AM

That is why we need to save few of our coins and withdraw some of it, i did sell some of my app coins last week when it hit 3 usd and last night it hit 4 usd its good that i still have few that i earn more profit than the first time i sell..
tedes

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:42:19 AM

I bought a bit XVG at price 9.8e-07 BTC, and sold all when it reached 30.4e-07 and now it's 95.9e-07 BTC. But I dont regret about it.
Basically get profit x3 is too much already, I dont expect that much when I purchased XVG.
The current price, it already about X18 compared with the price of 1 month ago. This coin may be the most outperform altcoin compared with BTC since Feb.2017.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 11:54:25 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

Best thing to do when youre hodling is, set a specific target before you sold fragments of your coin. This will make less regretable even if a certain coin continue to rise since you already met your desired amount of profit. Dont worry you'll get more than what you thought you lost, mistakes are meant to be a learning process to success. Regret is always inevitable though, I as well had a regret last week when I sold my Snov lol.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Yeah, I sold my tokens for about 1.2k, then right after that night, I would got about 3k dollars if I just hodl them for a bit longer. Regret is everywhere, but we do not have control for those so we just got to accept what we decided to do. Money is money after all.
strateg_BY

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:37:42 PM

You better forget the problem. Although forgetting is difficult, but by looking forward all will look bright. And be grateful for what is right now.
fallensky7

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:53:36 PM

No need to regret what it would be. I got a profit, even a small one, I should rejoice. I need regret only when I lose my investment. Then get up to collect and move on. I also sold my coins Med at 10 cents now they cost 20. But I'm glad that I made a profit
Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:59:09 PM

At my first time inn Cryptocurrency, I earned token, and I did not expecting that the price will increase, I sold it, because of desire to earn and to buy something. Well I got a little money on it, but every time I see the current price of that token, I always remember my mistake. It's very important to observe your token before holding or selling it.
Trixie28

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:04:24 PM

I sold my cred tokens for only 11k i regret to sell it due to it pump higher.I moved on and be a lesson for me then i collect my token and hold it.
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:06:32 PM

invested about $250 in different currencies, now have more than $1000. should I withdraw, advise please.

Try to check their development through their social media accounts because in that way you can check if the team is still active completing their roadmap. If there's continues update then there's a chance for the coin to pump sooner.

batestota

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 01:47:44 PM

HODL IS THE ONE AND ONLY GREAT IDEA IN CRYPTO WORLD
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 02:34:19 PM

Your experienced reminds me of my TRON investment. I sold all of my TRON when it was 300 sat on desember 22th and you know what??? the price started bullish until up to 1500 sat in the early of January, ten days after i sold mine. I already got profit from my TRON investment but i could get higher profit if i'm still hodling it until 1500 sat. Since then i've never sold all of my altcoins and leave some.
Kayla

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 04:06:12 PM

I also have the same experience. I should have the coin hold, now the price is very high. I am in a hurry to sell it because for my family's needs. Next time I will hold a coin  that has a good future. May my experience be my lesson.

anandgeek1

Activity: 190

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 04:12:42 PM

Now I regret that I sold a lot of coins, which would now make me a millionaire. Grin So I decided now to buy coins for long-term storage and not sell them for 3 years.

⚡️⚡️  Bittwatt  ⚡️⚡️   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀   Energy for the 21st Century   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▄ ▌    WHITEPAPER     |     EXECUTIVE SUMMARY     |     BUSINESS PLAN    ▐ ▄
FACEBOOK    ✓ MEDIUM    ✓ TWITTER    ✓ LINKEDIN    ✓ YOUTUBE
howardhoward

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:49:18 PM

Everything is OK, because we do not know exactly when the price will be rise or fall down. You can get profit from another coins in which  you've invested
kendra1107

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:57:47 PM

Profit, even how small it is, is still profit. We usually regret doing things because we could have gained much more if we were patient enough. Missing out on the opportunity to gain more doesn’t mean we lost. It only means we gained less. But still, we gained, not lost. Contentment is also a virtue in this field. We should be happy with whatever little we gained.

strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:22:57 PM

I also have the same experience. I should have the coin hold, now the price is very high. I am in a hurry to sell it because for my family's needs. Next time I will hold a coin  that has a good future. May my experience be my lesson.
Holding coins is how to make money off of them. There is no other way that you can make money through altcoins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
markovi4mark

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:23:34 PM

For now, i prefer to hold most of the coins i have at hand currently. Under forecasts 2018 promises success for crypto. I cannot afford regrets and pains of hurryingly selling off my precious coins.
elhaym101

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:34:26 PM

I think we all have a version of this story. Me too. I tried not to dwell on it. It was a freely dropped coin prl and sold it at $1 when after a day or two it shoot to $2 and still trending on that price till now. I had to quote ur comment coz this made me feel a lot better and got a better perspective on how to see the situation.

Quote from: Lodi0808
link=topic=2622868.msg26700601#msg26700601 date=1513830054
The is a common mistake for holders. At least you have learned your lesson dude. Moving forward you already kniw what to do.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:37:42 PM

If you have taken profit on it already, don't blame yourself and don't regret. This is happening not only to you OP but to every traders that wants to sell what they have.

You should assign some of your coins that's good for long term holding and some of your coins that are good for day trading or short term holding.

I think we all have a version of this story.
Yes we do have the same story and this is the reality, we don't know when a coin will pump or when it will be dumped.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: