Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:07:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7209 times)
lena1

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

If the coin is worth, then definitely have to keep as long as possible, or simply there was no point in buying them!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:01:20 PM

no hodl and no regret. Just stop losing money.
well, following the flow is something nice. selling when the time is right is a good thing to do. sometimes people just hold the coins they have, then forget to sell them for waiting for a high price.
if the coin that you are trying to hold for are some of the worth kind of coin and potentially that may have you to earn in the future well this is will be the good thing to be but when you know that this is may not have some potential better to sell it when the price are on the good phase.
Dewao

Activity: 337
Merit: 100

Qravity is a decentralized content production and

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:02:06 PM

I choose hodl, I believe hodling long term is the best strategy. Hodling is the best option when it comes to cryptocurrencies. I believe we should have a strategy with each project we buy into. We should buy coins which have a great idea for everyday usage, great roadmap and team. HODLing these kind of projects will give us the great ROI we deserve. Alternatively we can trade everyday and increase our investments with a little pump.

When you hodl your altcoins you feel safe. It means that you always know that you have good investments. Just learn how to be patient and avoid the temptation to sell all of your cryptocurrencies.
Holding is good if the coin has a good future potential but sometimes when we see it's dumping it makes us worry.
That emotion inside might dictate us to sell even at a lose, it's hard to control ourselves if we do not have the necessary knowledge so let's educate ourselves.

I agree. That is really one of the big factors that leads to any coins to go down drastically due to fear and emotions. We can't control all of the traders in the world. All we have to do is just to wait until that emotions and price stabilize. Don't go with the flow of the majority that where there is a down in prices, they tend to panic and sell even it means that they already losing that trade.

We can't control other's emotion but we can tell to them to be calm down if the price of coin is not good, it's better to wait for the pump of our coin than sell it in low price that can be the reason for us to lost our money  .
jaydenbox

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:04:53 PM

I always try to HODL even thought it is hard sometimes, I guess you just have to lay back and be patient to be honest lol, regreting sucks...
blackssmith2018

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:05:45 PM

Thank you for this thread. Actually I have an account here but  it's already banned I'm trying to appeal but nothing happen by the way your thread is very useful to us also to me because I can't wait to trade my coin when I get my Coin after a few day's I trade it already with the low price I regret when the coin I sell is pumping and getting higher and higher. For now I learn a lesson For this thread. I hope the newbie rank like me can read this thread and especially the coin dumper's so that the coin or token can pump easily not going down one reason why the coin or token is low price one is the dumper's. I hope the Dumper's can get some lesson here sorry to say for the dumper's I hope you understand us. Thank you again and I will wait all my token or coin from now! to pump
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:07:22 PM

We all have this kind of experience mate, when the time that we sell our holdings and then suddenly its been pump in the next day. We can avoid this also maye by reading those charts, gathering some news to their websote or social media links. Hold mate as long as we can.
Bitcoinislifer09

Activity: 257
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:14:39 PM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.
It depends on the situation. Sometimes holding is the worst idea to do if you think that it will not be okay, thay it will not be worthy then let it go, sell it. But if you has a hope and believe in crypto hold and have a patience because sooner or later those sacrifices, those long waitings will be having a good effect to you.
arthurgrand

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:15:14 PM

I think for now I prefer to hold my coins as much as I can because whenever I sold one of my coin I always regret it. But I think its better if you can sell some of them not all. But still find a strategy that works for you best.
k1lynkis

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:17:28 PM

Money passes from fussy to patient. But first of all, you need to carefully study those ICO projects or crypto-currencies in which you invest

As a topic creator I was involved in xvg in June also, but I had patience instead. And that played a bad role Grin
Whales made the game where lost all - fussy and patient. I hold that ATH and didn't sell and now I got 8 times less than I got in December Smiley
Nobody knows when the rules will be changed
kevingreen

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:29:16 PM

HODL or REGRET : This depends on the coin or the token you're holding ,if you are opportune to buy a very good cryptocurrency at the very beginning it is good to HODL. Examples are Tron and,ADA,  guys another beautiful coin to buy and HODL at the moment is TMT = https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/traxia/ , = https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3019695.0
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:39:48 AM

I think everybody who is going to start trading in cryptocurrencies will make these fault. And i can just say you once: Be happy! Its in my opinion a very good eperience everybody should learn early. From these mistakes you can leanr the most important thing in cryptocurrency: Patience! Without patience, you will not survive long in these market. So dont be sad, there will be new opportunities.
s.Zavgorod

Activity: 224

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:47:50 AM

Money passes from fussy to patient. But first of all, you need to carefully study those ICO projects or crypto-currencies in which you invest
Agreed. Do not be disappointed that something happened that you could not predict. It's random. But if you knew about the pump, but were afraid, in this case you have a place to grow. Be able to explain any situation and not to take on your own account too much. Self-flagellation is corrosive.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:55:40 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

Many people are experiencing the same thing, but who has let it pass and make it as your experience and your future strategy. That's the cryptocurrency market, sometimes it takes patience and careful analysis of the coins we have.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:57:22 AM

Same as me. I hold too long on some of my alt coins not knowing the highest price was reached before. It sucks that I have my alt coins now at a very low price and I'm really disappointed with myself. Next time, when I fancy the price, I'll sell immediately.

extr

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:12:26 PM

Hodl is the most important thing to survive in bitcoin's volatility. It is not easy to predict whales' decisions and become a day trader is pretty impossible thing. However if you hodl, i am pretty sure that you will be gain in future.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:21:20 PM

It does not mean that holding is always the true choice. You should always determine your stop loss value. It should not be forgotten that this is a very fragile investment system.
Klausi

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:42:00 PM

It does not mean that holding is always the true choice. You should always determine your stop loss value. It should not be forgotten that this is a very fragile investment system.
Yes i absolutely agree with your point, its always good to be aware on the system of this business. That is why we should study and understand the business and how it runs. We should know well what coin we are investing so that we will be confident if we decide to hold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Orrechorre

Activity: 569

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:46:05 PM

Yes, this is a very good example and thank God you learnt your lesson and now value the need to be extra patience before taking a decision most especially when things are not going as expected and it will help lot of people to always think twice and wait before they make decisions in other not to regret why they did it in the first place.
bluedragon11
Copper Member

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:46:54 PM

I have also made pretty much the same mistake. I even listened to Youtube videos on the "Single biggest mistake" crypto owners do: Sell their coins as soon as they are starting to move up since they expect a pullback and then miss out on a 100x rush.

Even after lsitening to that I sold off my Ripple since it was just going down and now it has gone from 25 cents to $1 in a short amount of time. So HODL the coins you believe in. move them from exchanges so you don't touch them and come back to them a year later when they are either worth nothing or 100-1000x Wink
Halbert

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:52:59 PM

I hold coins even if they lose in price because I'm sure that in the future they will cost much more than now  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: