Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:58:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7209 times)
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:11:27 PM

After making several major mistakes in the past I realized that buying cheap coins and holding them is best idea.
I missed to buy ether because of all "warnings" how ethereum is bad. I had more or less 100 dash when its price was 4$. I had lots litecoin which I have sold for - 10$. I had lots altcoins in january 2016. and I've sold them all. I sold my bitcoins for 500$. Last year I sold them for 2400$.
I regret all my past decisions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gunungkembar

Activity: 545
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

it seems you have to regret but if you still have the verge you should hold for next year surely the price will verge back to record the highest price of the latest because some cheap coin yesterday at the pump to be expensive and now back cheap again and the end of the year will again be expensive again , that's a pattern we can understand.
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:43:01 PM
Merited by coin5haker (1)

It is good to risk with a portion of your altcoins if you fill a pump & dump scheme. Like your coin is not affected bloodbath but it will, and you have time to sell it and buy back at more favorable rates. Could be 20% of your coins. You could spend months just to wait when price of your coin will come up back to ATH. Risk little bit, it worth it. You could increase your bag of coins, tokens or whatever ur hodling.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
alex2011576

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:27:22 PM

Yeah, man. I had the same experience many times. Now I usually keep cryptos longer and uses different strategies to analyze what is gonna happen basing on different information.
Btw, I gonna invest decent sum in KickCity. Very promising company with cheap currency which will be issued in February. I believe it will rise continuously so it is better to keep it.
I was talking to the CEO and community manager. They have professional team, good advisors, and ready product with operational revenue. It is known for Decentralized Event Management & Marketing Protocol on Blockchain.
U can visit website https://ico.kickcity.io
and telegram chat https://t.me/kickcity_chat
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:35:28 PM

I would like to hold Bitcoin and other altcoins but like many people, I can't. I am impatient when it comes to investing in altcoins and sometimes I tend to exchange some of my altcoins to Bitcoin because I feel more safe. I could have earned way more money on Ethereum. Investing in altcoins require some knowledge and most importantly - patience.
Maxcrypto1990

Activity: 54
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:50:25 PM
Merited by sp564 (6)

Yea holding and only selling once you hit a target price, or a milestone in your portfolio would be the best strategy, unless you are very adapt at reading graphs and understanding when to make trades.

I recently got out of my positions because I expected the market to go down, but went back in a few days later, because my strategy is to hold those coins I believe in and not be too worried about short term fluctuations, even if it does hurt to see your portfolio take large dips.

▶   MERCULET   || PUBLIC SALE START 7-14 APRIL 2018 ||
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR (https://merculet.io)
Telegram (https://t.me/Merculet)     Twitter (https://twitter.com/Merculet_io)     Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Merculet-347541915747100)     Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/merculet)     Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/merculet)     Linkedin (https://goo.gl/iJGsHS)
anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:53:28 PM

After making several major mistakes in the past I realized that buying cheap coins and holding them is best idea.
I missed to buy ether because of all "warnings" how ethereum is bad. I had more or less 100 dash when its price was 4$. I had lots litecoin which I have sold for - 10$. I had lots altcoins in january 2016. and I've sold them all. I sold my bitcoins for 500$. Last year I sold them for 2400$.
I regret all my past decisions.

Don't worry. You can still make an investment plan and buy into some promising coins and hold on to them. Crypto is still growing and my philosophy is sell them only if you badly need money to achieve your financial goals. Otherwise it's a HODL for me.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:04:49 PM

Yea holding and only selling once you hit a target price, or a milestone in your portfolio would be the best strategy, unless you are very adapt at reading graphs and understanding when to make trades.

I recently got out of my positions because I expected the market to go down, but went back in a few days later, because my strategy is to hold those coins I believe in and not be too worried about short term fluctuations, even if it does hurt to see your portfolio take large dips.

Have been hodling some coin like iconomi, wings and veri and regretting  not selling at it's  value height. One needs to know when to walk out of some project. Though the  value looks to value increased in dollar value but there was a time 1 veri was equal to 0.2 btw which the height of it now does not have the value.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
vivavarija

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:38:17 PM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.
I adhere to such a law,if I sell the coins,no longer keep track of their history in order not to spoil my nerves and not to get upset! After all, what's done is done. If you're afraid, then don't do it! If you do, then don't afraid!
kryptokowalski

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:40:17 PM

A good strategy people use if their coin of choice goes up is to sell the amount to cover the inital investment and hold the rest. This way you feel like your playing with house money.
kinilawnabakulaw

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:48:49 PM

I understand your regret but as long as you were able to earn something then I think that you are still a winner. Besides, you have other chances of earning more since you have again invested again on the same altcoin and I really hope that it would really increase its amount.

MarckSpencer

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:56:09 PM

This is a really good experience. Significant. Need to understand when you're get out of coins. I think the best option is to buy for the long term. Bought and forgotten. I do it. Thank You!
CrytoMachine_11

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:02:52 PM

Yes, buy coins you believe in, and hodl.

Sold my Stratis at 3$ after it kept going down. Now its 13$  Cry
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:27:31 PM

It was time when i liked to sell when the price went up for 200-300% and after that i tried to buy again by cheaper price, it all took too much time and honestly saying it didn't worth my time and forces. If say more - it bad strategy, to sell everything and try to catch in the deep. Sell maximum 50% of
holding and other part  kee[ for ages.

Bambinoe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:31:19 PM

I believe it pays to HODL now despite the dwindling prices in the coin market. This phase will definitely pass away.

twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:07:27 PM

This is a really good experience. Significant. Need to understand when you're get out of coins. I think the best option is to buy for the long term. Bought and forgotten. I do it. Thank You!
Did you prepare the target to sell your coin?
Buy and forget that amount means you are putting your money to outside and do not care someone help you use that amount.
You are the rich and waste money if do that Cheesy.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1438

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:31:41 PM

How much have you lost already?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:52:38 PM

I have made unsuccessful decisions in a few coins in the past and these decisions have cost me money. I have learned to stay in the Hodl position and i have benefited from my experience, eventually succeed to increase my capital.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:10:35 PM

How much have you lost already?
seems no loss is express. he only lost an "opportunity" to gain more profit, in this case, and I am pretty sure that many traders have experienced it, where the loss of trust, patience, and courage and this can be understood because some markets are such a battlefield that every day can break down the mentality of the trader

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:18:21 PM

For now I hold all altcoin, I'm sure 3 months after 2018 the price of all coins will skyrocket, the main factor is the rise in price of bitcoin and ethereum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: