Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:30:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7209 times)
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:07:20 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

I prefer to wait and hold my coin to be a very expensive coin because if it sells then I will experience a very high regret for having sold it at a cheap price. for me if you are stuck in verge then wait until the price is back up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sjbi

Activity: 770
Merit: 14

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:17:19 AM

Why anyone can invest? the simple answer is to make good return. So you invested in verge at some time and you think you made some good return and sold. So what is good return is undefinable. For instance, if you buy a coin at $1 per coin, then sell at $100 per coin, thinking that the point where you sell your coin is a good return. But other may think otherwise like if they buy a coin at $1 per coin and sell at 1000 per coin. So you buy and sell at your requirement. You will loss only when you sell a coin at a price lower than the price at which you buy a coin. 

kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:55:01 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

I prefer to wait and hold my coin to be a very expensive coin because if it sells then I will experience a very high regret for having sold it at a cheap price. for me if you are stuck in verge then wait until the price is back up.
I also prefer to wait because I have already come across an annoyance from the hasty sale of coins at a low price. I also missed a good time to sell the coin when the price was high enough, but to my delight the price always returned to previous positions or even higher.  Smiley
grek_al

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:05:31 PM

we can't trade all amount of this amount very big-more than 100K$ by different coins together, some coins better hold, by some trade, trade is so risk if you don't know, because you may have 10 good deals and 11th will be bad and you lose all profit,better some amount hold, in my opinion the best option its have few deals per year
Yep, it always takes money to make money. Crypto is the perfect example of unregulated markets at work and what you can do with large sums of cash
jackflag

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

Glad to see you

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:29:36 PM

If you  look at the market now, you will see that keeping the position is not quite right sometimes. I think that sometimes you need to fix profits ( because i hold SC from 200sat and dont take profit when it was 600 sat - now SC back to the same price. Also I had a situation with ripple I sold it for 1500 sat when dump and after it growth to 4k sat. It was a very good experience for me. I think that hold is better way, but sometimes need take profits and don't wait super prices.
the_viper

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:38:56 AM

Best thing to do when youre hodling is, set a specific target before you sold fragments of your coin. This will make less regretable even if a certain coin continue to rise since you already met your desired amount of profit. Dont worry you'll get more than what you thought you lost, mistakes are meant to be a learning process to success. Regret is always inevitable though, I as well had a regret last week when I sold my Snov lol.
Longfellow27

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:48:26 AM

That's life and sometimes we do things we would regret because it looks as if it is not a better choice, Yet also in our minds on the opposite event would say, that you were happy to have it sold because the price had lowered so much and had it happen that it wad not sold it would have gone very low. These are common among us. But these things might noy happen very often in our life if we have experienced them. Experience is the best teacher and maybe now you can adjust and learn more skills and be the best you can ever be the second time around. Don't worry it's not that worse. Just keep going!
henry1997

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:09:39 AM

thank you for sharing your story. it is same with me like XRB (raiblock) I used to have 2000 XRB diharga 1000-2000 satoshi and that time I also really need capital for trading other coins. and I sell at 2000 satoshi price because I see the development of XRB when it's normal .in a few months it remains that way and but it's been wanted year-end mid november the coin goes up to 70% and the end of the year 170% goes up my wah i'm so crazy i can get more profit if i keep hold. but if it's destiny to do again? I think it's not my livelihood. but I can learn that there is better to hold if the price of the coin is still cheap and the community is still active and growing ascertained next time will surely repeat the old story like XRB so I am true HOLD. if haga is suitable for sale yes I sell it i want to share my experience also with all of you
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:15:56 AM

Best thing to do when youre hodling is, set a specific target before you sold fragments of your coin. This will make less regretable even if a certain coin continue to rise since you already met your desired amount of profit. Dont worry you'll get more than what you thought you lost, mistakes are meant to be a learning process to success. Regret is always inevitable though, I as well had a regret last week when I sold my Snov lol.

My lesson is do not sell all in one order. It applies both for buy or sell. It may be less profitable or more profitable, depends on the result. But for me it is less regrettable. It is the main point of this discussion right? Grin

SparkSun

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:36:57 AM

its all up to market situation if market going down and u sell coins you get regret if market going up then you ca earn big profit to sell coins its better to wait for market gone up
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:49:22 AM

I also prefer to wait because I have already come across an annoyance from the hasty sale of coins at a low price. I also missed a good time to sell the coin when the price was high enough, but to my delight the price always returned to previous positions or even higher.  Smiley
I will hold the coin for long time if that coin is potential, if the coins are not very popular then I'll sell it when the opportunity comes. The point is I will hold the coin for long term if that coin has a good future possibilities. eg Waves, XRP, Neo, ETH, etc. of course if you buy that coin now and hold it for several weeks you will never regret it, because you will get a profit.
Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:44:16 AM

I try not to sell completely, even if the coin has grown well in price-half the cost to sell , leave the rest on Hold , if you sell everything, in the future you can very much regret it.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

I can totally understand you and your frustration but there is no point in stucking in the past because if we stuck in the past there would always be if s. Crypto is getting better in long term so our coins will get more valuable with time. Therefor you should set some goals for each of your coins. Set some selling points for them , when they reach that point sell them and never look back because there is no end to this.

lunafreya

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:57:20 AM

For now I prefer to hold my coins as much as I can because whenever I sold one of my coin I always regret it. But I think its better if you can sell some of them not all. You can keep the rest and if it will grow in the future you still have some at least.
ramsay snow

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:58:13 AM

it's a situation we all meet. if we sell a coin, selling the whole is causing great regret. if you sell at least half the time you have not regretted a possible price increase.
it's a pity to see that the coin you sold for $ 100 is $ 10000 Smiley

sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 09:59:14 AM

Maybe you should hold it for a while if the coin has a potential to grow up and amaze the market. If the price is profitable then sell it and dont regret it cause the money has been in you so dont hesistate to regret it. Just be happy on what we have
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:04:48 AM

it's a situation we all meet. if we sell a coin, selling the whole is causing great regret. if you sell at least half the time you have not regretted a possible price increase.
it's a pity to see that the coin you sold for $ 100 is $ 10000 Smiley

Regret is a terrible thing. It makes people take more risks, and it makes people not appreciate the gain they already held in hand. Never use regret as a decision maker. Always take the profits you decided and targeted, and then do not look back. I could regret the times I did not sell Litecoin at the old ATH but I always had my target of holding for a long time. Same as Waves that is now half the old price. Just be patient, of course, if you can sell enough to return old investments, do that first.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:17:19 AM

This is one of the most common regret we have here in the world of crypto. And it is not only Verge (XVG) that performed such huge growth after some time of wallowing in the low level value. We all know that all the altcoins that are already very expensive right now started with their prices very cheap. Ethereum (ETH) was very cheap back then. Monero (XMR) was also very cheap before. So was Litecoin (LTC). Even Bitcoin (BTC) itself was very cheap back then, almost worthless even. If people learned to HODL before, there would be no regrets like this.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
xieqieshangu9

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 10:20:50 AM

I hold 500 EOS. I hold until June 1 this year!

At this time crowdfunding is over, the project is delivered to use!

I want to see the price of EOS at this time, I hope to have a surprise!
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:26:16 PM

It is not easy to analyze what will happen in this crypto world, let alone token tokens that we hold. certainly need a detailed analysis to do research so that we can take a really good step for the future want to sell or stay held.

disappointed is the thing that can make it as our encouragement to learn to become better with the experience that we can. this is very important for us to move forward.

I myself also experienced the same thing, at that time I have a PRL Token with the possibility to get $ 100k but I only get $ 3000 profit is very very I was hit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: