Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:12:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 73 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL or REGRET!!!  (Read 7209 times)
erickkyut (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:52:53 AM
Merited by Getmon (1)

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewShepherd

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:57:27 AM

I sold my 6k ripple coins last night! Embarrassed
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:00:10 AM

I'm really disappointed with myself now because of Verge. Way back June 2017, I bought $200 worth of XVG and I sold it last week a day before the pump happened. It could be worth more than $5k now if I just HODL. Cry Well, I need to move on and learn from this mistakes. This will be a lesson for me to have patience and wait for the right time to sell my coins. The reason why I sold it was because I need more funds to buy another coin. I'm happy with the coin I bought because I can now see that it is now starting to pump. Maybe, I'm just half disappointed every time I'm seeing the current value of Verge. I bought some XVG again and will surely hold it this time. Smiley I hope that this experience of mine can be a good example for everyone especially the newbies in this community.
for sure i will hold iota for a years or atleast half of years. i believe it will sky rocket in few month and i dont want to regret to sell iota undervalue. i been regret my decision to sell ripple on 0.4$ now its almost 1$ thats my biggest decision for me

shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 03:24:51 AM

I bought a bit XVG at price 9.8e-07 BTC, and sold all when it reached 30.4e-07 and now it's 95.9e-07 BTC. But I dont regret about it.
Basically get profit x3 is too much already, I dont expect that much when I purchased XVG.
The current price, it already about X18 compared with the price of 1 month ago. This coin may be the most outperform altcoin compared with BTC since Feb.2017.
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:32:29 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 01:01:59 AM by felipe04

you can say regret but you can start now see the price of bitcoin now and altcoins the price are get low little by little so it's the chance grab it do investment here then stock that in few months to earn money i'm sure about it,I think all of user here think that btc is not good anymore to do an investment but i see the truth about crypto this year it get 4x times high now so i think it can be high more in the future
mx667

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:44:02 AM

That's normal in trading, because the fluctuating price often makes us fooled, but you do not lose isn't? Just disappointed because can not profit big from your trading results, relax bro .. You take the right action. Buy Verge and keep hold it, because I see the price of Verge today increases to $ 0, 1601. Can possibly re-occur the pump. If your capital is still there you can also buy the aidcoin tokens in my signature, who know pumps happen and you get more profit, hehe;)
Yes, I also have such a story. I used to have a job that gave me a lot of Bitcoin, but I never invested and did not want to know about investments. At that time I was afraid if I give me a lot of money, then suddenly the price of Bitcoin will go down or Bitcoin will crash and nothing else. At that time I did not know that Bitcoin's price would be the way it is today. And if I keep Bitcoin mine at that moment, maybe now I've become a rich man. But it does not matter, because now there is still a chance. I can not continue to regret and must do my best. I have to learn from experience and gather as much Bitcoin as I can.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:49:03 AM

There are times when we see the coin mooning and then regret that if we just hold the coin longer then we would have a bigger profit but then just think when you sold the coin and then the coin dump so you will be thankful that you sold the coin. Do not dwell too much on the price getting pump and you were not able to catch the pump because there are still so many opportunities. Just think that you gain from that trade and move on. There is a tendency that you will buy the coin again higher because you have the fear of missing out and then end up getting dumped on because you have the firm belief that if you hold on longer, you will have bigger profits. This may not be the case on verge now but it happens a lot.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Lodi0808

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:20:54 AM

The is a common mistake for holders. At least you have learned your lesson dude. Moving forward you already kniw what to do.
jumpinginjoe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:24:17 AM

I think we have all been there!  Can't dwell on the past.  You'll have plenty of other opportunities.   Smiley
matico

Activity: 504

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:26:42 AM

Well, I need to put it straight to all those regretting their sale or lack of it. Nobody can time the market! If you are not in the pump or price rise as the case may be, you have not done badly. Regret is sheer waste of energy. You shoukd stop it!

ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:27:52 AM

Its not your fault,you ill never know what will happen back then unless you can predict future.
kikoy999

Activity: 429

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:29:08 AM

because it's normal to have that thing because I'm in trading you need to do it but when you hold it off you're a good lesson so it's not going to be repeated again, but if you're in bitcoin you'll have to hold for sure earnings I'm quicker as soon as I'm no longer confident in another coin when they are anonymous and have no company.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!                   ▔▔▔▔▔
jlaakso

Activity: 65

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:36:21 AM

It is easy to make post mortem decisions, i.e regretting it would've been wise to hold for few more weeks. Getting 5x profit instead of 2x. It's only lost profit, it is not lost investement, remember that. I have never sold at loss, except once. Selling a bit early always gives me selling hangover, but it passes quickly. I normally sell on 10-50% profit price point and buying again lower or something else. As long as you're not losing money, do not regret a lost profit. Better to be safe than sorry, you could've lost 50% in a dump.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:45:47 AM

I sold my 6k ripple coins last night! Embarrassed

Feel sorry for this, because XRP will pump higher for sure early in 2018. Holding on is really hard specially we see some losses but if you really believe on that coin and its technology you will surely not give up on that because you know its worth. We all make mistakes but the good thing is we can learn from it, do better next time for good.
scoobidoobydu

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:49:59 AM

For me, this is normal. At least you have your profit.
What if the price go down when you hold and never going back??
My simple way is that when I bough some coin, i decide what price I will wait and sell. and when the price reach that point, I sell it. No need to  consider anything. I got what I work for. Life is more simple.

_____ DSTRA ▬ ● ▬ FROM COMMUNITY, COMES UNITY ▬ ● ▬ DSTRA _____
⚫● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   PRIVACY ▬▬  FAST  ▬▬ LOW FEES   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●⚫
●⚫ ▬▬ Twitter | Facebook | ANN | Discord | Website ▬▬ ⚫●
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:24:30 AM

Its normal because we dont know exactly when the price will going to pump but atleast you still gain in the other coin you invest in. I also experience selling my coin in the wrong time and just like what happened to you the price of it suddenly increase and it was like a slap on me. Its really important to have patience when you are a trader so you wont miss the right timing to sell or buy.

publicjud
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:00:45 AM

I'm fully agree about the benefit of hodl. Even I have dumped my Verge yesterday at $0.1, but it's still growing. But we shouldn't regret or feel FOMO. We are at the right place and time anyway Wink

Join Twetch twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
banake

Activity: 109

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:02:45 AM

Noone can know future
but i sure that long investor will get more profit than swing trader in crypto
10%, 20% or 50% is too little in crypto
YOu should keep your coin in 6 months - 1 year
That will make you become rich
jackhdt

Activity: 476
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:43:27 AM

don't regret it because you can't know the future. instead research other altcoin and HODL us if you have faith.
If you continue to keep sure that what the XVG pump happened. Therefore, the rich man is in part because of luck

Make me great again
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 06:43:37 AM

I think almost all traders can relate to this xd

me too I did the same mistake last night on tokugawa coin. I sold all of my tokens when the price was at $2.12, then in the next 15 mins it became $3.25. Luckily it dropped again to $1.75 so I can buy it again on a bigger scale. I'll wait until it reach at least 4$. Let's take it as lesson buddy! For sure we'll be better next time Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 73 »
  Print  

Jump to: