Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:24:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 08:54:33 PM

The main shitty thing about Labcoin is that they seem to be incapable of answering ANY technical questions asked about their chips (even though they promised to have lead developer answer questions countless times).

How come we haven't seen anything what the PCBs design or the development of it looks like? since theyre only going to sell chips what is the harm in showing us what the PCB used for their own farm will look like? A first version of the PCB design must have been ready for weeks.

How are they planning to remove all the heat the chips obviously will generate? BFLs 65nm chip has about the same power draw (~12.5 Watt, and everyone know how much it takes to keep those chips cool, and their chips got an exposed heat pad.  

Compare this to how transparent Friedcat or Bitfury were doing the development of their chips...  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840;sa=showPosts;start=180  - Friedcat keeping investors up to date every step of the fabrication process with very technical details
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=58469;sa=showPosts;start=360  - Bitfury (google translate russian posts)

They've already had one Q&A, in IRC. They are supposed to be getting their PCBs soon, and presumably will post pictures when that's done. Obviously their priority is getting their chips up and working, not answering questions in a thread.

There's no 27k sell order on the stock history page.

Only a complete clueless idiot would sell that amount in one go - someone like you maybe lolz

Uh huh. I doubt you've ever placed a "big money" order in your life.  And, by the way - how much have you lost in ActiveMining shares over the last few days?  You're obviously just jealous about how well Labcoin has done compared to ActM and ASICMiner.   There's no reason whatsoever to expect a selloff, you're predicting one based on "technical analysis" b.s. that might as well be astrology.

Why don't you tell us so exactly how low you expect the stock to go in the next 72 hours, so we can all ignore you when it goes nowhere near that price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
driksson

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:03:39 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 09:14:03 PM by driksson

maybe this has been answered, why is there a nominee director? ( acting directors are directors, those you pay to be directors for your company are normally called nominees)
HuLaN

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:04:45 PM

The main shitty thing about Labcoin is that they seem to be incapable of answering ANY technical questions asked about their chips (even though they promised to have lead developer answer questions countless times).

How come we haven't seen anything what the PCBs design or the development of it looks like? since theyre only going to sell chips what is the harm in showing us what the PCB used for their own farm will look like? A first version of the PCB design must have been ready for weeks.

How are they planning to remove all the heat the chips obviously will generate? BFLs 65nm chip has about the same power draw (~12.5 Watt, and everyone know how much it takes to keep those chips cool, and their chips got an exposed heat pad.   

Compare this to how transparent Friedcat or Bitfury were doing the development of their chips... 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=49840;sa=showPosts;start=180  - Friedcat keeping investors up to date every step of the fabrication process with very technical details
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=58469;sa=showPosts;start=360  - Bitfury (google translate russian posts)

They've already had one Q&A, in IRC. They are supposed to be getting their PCBs soon, and presumably will post pictures when that's done. Obviously their priority is getting their chips up and working, not answering questions in a thread.

If you had attended that Q&A yourself, like I did, then you would know what a joke of a Q&A it was.. It was basically an assistant to the developer copy pasting publicly known data.

<dexX7> from vbs: "For that to be possible, not only each Labcoin core would have to be ~42% smaller [65/130*(6.5^2)/(7.1^2)] than each BFL core but also the Labcoin chip would magically operate at a higher frequency (300MHz vs 250MHz) while keeping the same power draw..."
<labcoin_dev> i remind you guys that the bitfury chip has up to 750 cores
<mirek> how many cycles per hash?
<labcoin_dev> they also use the same approach, we chose this design because one of our guys was close to bitfury developments 2 months ago
<Hollywood> how many cores on average per chip, what is your assumption
<labcoin_dev> i'll  pass the questions i can't reply to the lead developer
--> hammurabi (~muaddib@93.179.239.13) has joined #labcoin
<-- eleet has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
<peter123_> After this Q&A is completed, can you take a couple of photos from your lab environment  / screen shots on chips software and upload to bitcointalk thread or for one of us to upload if you dont have permission yet?
<labcoin_dev> i am not familiar with such low-level details, sorry, i will get a detailed reply from the lead dev about this

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:06:40 PM

Between now and November, price is likely to increase around 10x,

Holy Jesus are you on medication? Anyone following this insane guys advice deserves to loose their money tbh. lmfao!

Yeah, they should follow the advice of an expert "merchant banker" like yourself, telling people to sell their shares 1 week before mining begins because the share price is going to tank.

Roll Eyes
gimme_bottles

Activity: 316

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:09:37 PM

There's no 27k sell order on the stock history page.

Only a complete clueless idiot would sell that amount in one go - someone like you maybe lolz

if you dump 27k shares, all the filled bids will show up as executed orders. so the 27k are splitted in many smaller orders. on btc-tc they appear as sells in the history tab.
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:15:15 PM

Just a reminder to both the haters and the fanatics that there are still 3 Days left until the close of the BitBet Labcoin Bet.

Those that believe the bet will finish 'YES' currently have about 2.27:1 odds, not counting the Time Weight factor

http://bitbet.us/bet/521/labcoins-own-130nm-design-sample-chips-will-be/

steveioio

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:15:56 PM

Yeah, they should follow the advice of an expert "merchant banker" like yourself, telling people to sell their shares 1 week before mining begins because the share price is going to tank.

Roll Eyes

Who says they are a merchant banker? lol you really are on medication!

This outfit isn't a week away from mining don't be a fool. You are nothing but a cheerleader pumping shares then ready to get out as soon as you can

We have all seen what you are writing on the activemining thread Mabsark. You are going to hold LC then dump it as soon as you can. You also told us you bought in at .0018! So as soon as this starts hitting .0035 YOU WILL DUMP IT! I guarantee this FUDSTER is going to dump all his shares very soon. He has led you into his trap!

I will advise the noobs again to get out with their profits NOW. Don't get caught in this major sell off about to come down. Sell now and buy back much lower - you will profit in the long run. Aim for sub 0.002 - DO NOT buy back above that.
demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:25:05 PM

lol, hahaha 0035 sale? why didnt he sold at 00385 then? wtf..

Sell before new news about mining; strange theory..

steveioio

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:27:28 PM

lol, hahaha 0035 sale? why didnt he sold at 00385 then? wtf..

wow another dumb guy. Because he's HOPING this will go higher but he's not stupid. If price dips below 35 he is OUT. Taking your money with him. major lolz!
demzie

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:29:04 PM

hahaha moron, there were 2 dips already where you could buy for 0028 at the lowest..
Where were you? or you were posting on your other homo trol account?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:34:56 PM

Roll Eyes

Who says they are a merchant banker? lol you really are on medication!

This outfit isn't a week away from mining don't be a fool. You are nothing but a cheerleader pumping shares then ready to get out as soon as you can

We have all seen what you are writing on the activemining thread Mabsark. You are going to hold LC then dump it as soon as you can. You also told us you bought in at .0018! So as soon as this starts hitting .0035 YOU WILL DUMP IT! I guarantee this FUDSTER is going to dump all his shares very soon. He has led you into his trap!

I will advise the noobs again to get out with their profits NOW. Don't get caught in this major sell off about to come down. Sell now and buy back much lower - you will profit in the long run. Aim for sub 0.002 - DO NOT buy back above that.

I didn't call you a merchant banker, I called you a "merchant banker".

I'm not going to dump LC as soon as I can as that would be right now. I will be selling my LC shares for around 0.05 BTC around November and putting my fat stack of profit into ActM to make another fat stack of profit. After that, if no new ASIC manufacturing IPOs pop up, I'll be reinvesting in AM, LC and ActM.

You see, I'm here to make profit, not to worship some company or claim some other company is a complete failure like some retarded fanboy.
lame.duck
Legendary

Activity: 1270

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:35:43 PM

Maybe sell before news about not mining? Or at least new messages about more delay?
demzie

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:40:00 PM

Well delays; delays; we are used to those on this forum and in the bitcoin world right?

As long as they mine eventually and take that % of the network.. 1 week, 1 month, 2 months; who cares if you got cheap shares..
Just leave it a side and wait..
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 09:45:10 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2013, 09:59:08 PM by dexX7

Doesn't anyone stop and think WHY...Huh

(...)

They want Labcoin.

When you spot seemingly manipulative behavior, you have to distinguish between (1) white knights, (2) concerned investors, (3) investors of other securities and (4) those who want to buy cheaper and (5) trolls or former investors who are raging for whatever reason.

While shareholders should be thankful for type (2) for bringing up topics which need to be discussed anyway, they neither should fear one of the others due to their inferior position or insignificance. They leave sooner or later and those with the goal of purchasing shares might even give in.

The true villain is the one who doesn't reveal his position and whose actions aren't perceived as suspicious at all.

steveioio, this one is for you. <3

This concern seems to be reasonable. Maybe the allegedly upcoming smaller batch of chips is only intended as sample batch to verify results as fast and cheap as possible (no proper packaging -> underperforming chips). Thus only 3-4 TH/s out of 1500-2500 chips which should hash at 4.7 GH/s/chip (total 7-12 TH/s) according to their earlier specifications. Though this is only speculation and the total amount of chips is a bit vague, too.

On 12th July labcoin mentioned 1000/1500 chips while TheSwede75 announced 2000-2500 later:

Right now we're looking to get 1000/1500 chips from the first run at 130nm.

Just talked to Sam and while exact dates are still to be received from foundry/fabrication here are the latest news:

- The first run of chips are expected to arrive within a week. This is a 2500 chip run and Labcoin expects at least 2000 chips to be of "production quality".
- From these chips some will be send to DYI projects and parties that have expressed interest in volume orders from the coming serial production run.

- PCB/Components for miners are expected to arrive shortly (a few days) after chips. To speed up miner production the PCB has not been tested prior to order but thorough simulations have been ran and Labcoin does not expect any issues with the PCB. SHOULD a problem arise Labcoin expects less than 1 week until new PCB can be produced, so even a worst case scenario has functioning PCB in-hand in about 2 weeks.

Also related:

We do confirm that we're expecting to obtain the initially declared performances with the 130nm round, but we will wait for the ICs to be ready, to better assess the yield quality in terms of chip grades.

As we hope is clear Labcoins 1st gen chips are not 'state of the art' chips that will push the limits on power consumption and effective but rather Labcoin focuses on pushing the envelope in terms of chip cost and time to market. As it looks now, we should be able to compete in price/hash-rate with December competition, and deliver chips as early as 2 months ahead of them, something that should be ROI+ no matter power cost for the mining public.

(...) Documentation, bulk orders etc. will follow in the coming week/weeks after mining start.

I'll end this post with another quote:

The focus of the Labcoin team for the next few weeks will be 100% on becoming maybe The First ASIC project to actually deliver according to project timeline. Something I would consider quite a feat in itself.

Eight exciting days to go. Wink

Lomus

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:51:57 PM

Quick!
Everybody needs to sell labcoin for no reason, then buy it back again when the price is higher?

tips 18MckbJ6ToBxNLpogG1rfhzQsA5AkD6Wxe
demzie

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:53:51 PM

By now you should know delays are a big deal.

What is on order is a specific amount of hashing not a percentage of the network, which is ever expanding; being late means more than just having earnings delayed, it also means less earnings total.

All this ignoring time preference.

True that about delays, but what do you think will happen if the test run/ first chips do their job? I think more will come online..
And who cares about the tech specs @ that moment? Thats their concern, we just want to see the hashing power and dividends come online.. and thats for the time being..

When they are going to sell the chips; okay; imho -> than alot of things need to be answered.. for potential buyers of the hardware.. than they need shit load of specs and stuff..

But for now.. Let them bring it first; ill go moan after that..

Yes.. a number 1. Smiley
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 09:57:39 PM

Maybe sell before news about not mining? Or at least new messages about more delay?

Exactly, were they this close to hashing there would be a plethora of news about the progress of the project. Not enough time to take 5 minutes to update supporters is BS.
demzie

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:03:21 PM

Chuang Tzu = always right  Wink

steveioio

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:15:20 PM

When you spot seemingly manipulative behavior, you have to distinguish between (1) white knights, (2) concerned investors, (3) investors of other securities and (4) those who want to buy cheaper and (5) trolls or former investors who are raging for whatever reason.

lol so which one are you clever boy?

You see the problem? That's why I'm basing this on the chart. Nothing fabricated, made up or invented. This baby is going DOWN because when you see a specific price formation on a chart the laws of crowd behavior come into effect. Now sure a lot of guys on here are clueless and wouldn't know a double top if it hit them in the BALLS but there are some big guys who know the score. These guys are sharpening their knives. Their killing knives. Enjoy the next few days. I think in a funny way, you guys deserve it.
physalis

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 10:22:18 PM

Exactly, were they this close to hashing there would be a plethora of news about the progress of the project. Not enough time to take 5 minutes to update supporters is BS.

I think it's amazing how entitled everyone here seems about getting news. It's the same in every bitcoin security thread.

They gave an update not too long ago that everything is going as planned and that they plan on starting mining not later than september 10th.
Whether you believe that or not is up to you, but you can't deduct from lack of news-feed that they are not just simply working hard on getting everything running and want to present results when there are results to present.
Lack of news right now says absolutely nothing. If there are no news until september 10th, THEN you can start to be angry about it.

Anyway, I too have a strong feeling that they won't keep that "10th september" deadline, just because empirical evidence suggests that no one in hardware production ever keeps any such deadlines...
They have an untested chip to put on an untested board, and their expectations seem to be that everything will work without any problems, which I find a bit naive.
I'm still absolutely bullish on LC, and I really don't mind if it takes them a little longer, but I can already picture how absolutely batshit insane people will go if there's just the slightest bit of a delay.
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: