Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1947 times)
ismelda_ita

Activity: 369
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:39:37 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
I think Warren Buffett is a banker who denied the existence of bitcoin. what he said in the video is true. because the highly fluctuating bitcoin price makes many companies do not accept bitcoin as their payment. and I do not believe that bitcoin lasts only 20 years. because I'm sure the demand will be more when bitcoin has reached the limit and the price is more expensive.
Siopao

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:40:17 AM

Warren Buffet is a successful businessman and have many advices when it comes to handling money. Everyone is entitled with their own opinions and it's the same thing in cryptoworld. Some may not believe with its existence and its ability to help people to be financially independent. Let us continue doing our crypto engagement and help the industry to become even more successful.
pulsefirekelly

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:40:54 AM

while reading this text. i do some research on what truly currency means
so here it is currency is a system of money used in each of the countries and an item that is generally accepted or in use by any means
so if we are to understand how vauge currency is bitcoin can classify as a currency
why ?
let the countries be the internet world
and the currency used in a specific country be bitcoin

we can pay/buy something using bitcoin thru online transaction
thus, this prove that bitcoin can be somehow called currency
Hirameki

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 04:43:05 AM

Actually he is right with what he said, bitcoin does not meet requirements to be a "local currency" but as digital currency. As long people are using it to buy goods and services, for me it still a currency.

arrmia11

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:59:20 AM

In the current situation of bitcoin, technically yes you cannot call it as a currency because of the long process or transactions that it had plus there are some places that doesn't accept bitcoin as a mode of payment.

canadian1980

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:15:01 AM

Bitcoin is a  global currency and is reaching all the corners of the world. No one can deny this fact any more. There was a time when people were not believing in crypto currency but now there is a time coming when it will be ruling the world trades.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:24:48 AM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Your thoughts?
It's totally a personal perception of him so it doesn't make any big sense. not all of the people are same and even their perception level is not same. it varies must.we believe in Bitcoin because of we know it properly and we assume that Bitcoin will last for a long time.
if it doesn't look a currency then why a lot of countries already approved it a payment method? I know Bitcoin is not an up to mark currency but in the coming future Bitcoin will be a proper currency.
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:37:20 AM

It's true if bitcoin is not a currency. Actually, bitcoin is the same as gold different shape if the form of digital bitcoin. If we want to transact with bitcoin means we are exchanging goods with the same price not as a means of payment transactions such as currency in general.
Blue_oxen

Activity: 515

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:48:10 AM

you should not take care his speech because each person has own view. He is too rich now and maybe he does not care Bitcoin. JPMorGan CEO have also said that Bitcoin is scam. Let research and do what you believe. Dont care anything

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:58:24 AM

Warren Buffet said bitcoin is not going to even be alive in less than a decade and bitcoin has been alive for nearly 9 years now and it is not just alive, it is growing fast and big.
you can see it in the price and ever growing user base. and that has caused some troubles with the fees which will be solved eventually and by the time it is solved and also Lightning Network is added you can see the explosion in the merchant adoption which will change the way people see bitcoin.

it is a currency, it has always been a currency and it will be a currency in the future too. Or it will die.

Only Bitcoin
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 07:59:10 AM

Your thoughts?
It's totally a personal perception of him so it doesn't make any big sense. not all of the people are same and even their perception level is not same. it varies must.we believe in Bitcoin because of we know it properly and we assume that Bitcoin will last for a long time.
if it doesn't look a currency then why a lot of countries already approved it a payment method? I know Bitcoin is not an up to mark currency but in the coming future Bitcoin will be a proper currency.
Bitcoin is not a currency but the cryptocurrency.Cryptocurrency is Internet regulated and is not under the control of any central bank or government. Most of the Nations have not legalized these kind of cryptocurrencies as they are decentralized so there can be cases of fraud. But more and more users are using Bitcoin as profit margins in Bitcoin is very large and the people receive profits in a short period of time.So we can consider Bitcoin as a global currency not now but maybe in the future.
kokobaba880

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

Bitcoin is the currency but the nature is digital like the other people doesn't like bitcoin and that's why they are creating rumors in the society that bitcoin is not safe and it is not real etc . For me bitcoin is really important I know that it is secure and safe for me. I personally hold good reserve of this and i will become successful because of this i like it and i want to make good reserve.

Shrinath

Activity: 112
Merit: 17

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:26:37 AM

The positive or negative effects of a newly introduced virtual currency needs time and data to provide concluding comments. The concept of BTC and its mode of operations are still very new. Warren Buffet may have thought from the angle of investment of established currencies and hence, he is saying according to his expertise in that field. There is a huge difference in the concepts introduced by Satoshi Nakamoto. This will allow any investor to trade without the involvement of any middlemen. Warren Buffet is a respected man and with due respect to his opinion lets get motivated by the comments John McAfee “BTC has accelerated much faster than any model assumptions”.
nareshrohra

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:27:01 AM

Warren Buffet is known to dislike technology. I had heard that he didn't had cellphone for a long time.

In a recent interview of an investor on CNN, he said that "bitcoin or blockchain will be like an internet revolution and we are currently at its infancy". I am not saying to believe it on face value but yes, it is going to be there for more than couple of decades

Asuspawer09

Activity: 1694
Merit: 434

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:48:15 AM

Your thoughts?

People have different perspective about such thing. We bitcoin users usually imply bitcoin as a currency. Is it for us that bitcoin is really associated with transaction so does we a so called currencies. Opinion of other is welcomed as long as it wont harm bitcoin at all.

Sebas.tian

Activity: 2058
Merit: 165

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:15:14 AM

I dont know who's Warren Buffet,but looking to what he just said,I think he have hidden anger with bitcoin. But well,we can't blame him. Bitcoin is working by internet means, it is a digital currency,and some people dont trust internet because of the 'trouble' it gives,so it seems they believe that it is fake. Actually ,it is really traumatic,and it's a good thing that I know bitcoin is real because I witnessed friends of mine who owns bitcoin.
Maybe bitcoin is not yet a currency but someday,hopefully,it'll be.

Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:41:34 AM

There will always be someone who will say that bitcoin isn't a currency. If you can pay bitcoin, trade or buy it's a currency. And the fact that it exists in the digital world does not change the fact that it is a currency.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:42:01 AM

Your thoughts?

Crypto currency is still in its early stages it need to be developed a lot if it has to be used as a curreny.Bitcoin has serious disadvantage of high transaction fee and longer waiting time,so people don't want this kind of currency for their purpose.But I hope these problems will be solved in the coming years.
To be honest nowadays people think bitcoin as an asset over currency because the price getting expensive everyday so if someone invest on bitcoin he can reap big profits in some years but we don't know the price rise upto what price so it is a risky investment too.
kyanscadiel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:52:53 AM

Your thoughts?
everyone is entitled with their own opinion, if that's what he wanted it to be then so be it. We as bitcoin user also has different opinions with regards to bitcoin, and we all know what bitcoin is and that it helps many people. Like me I believe that bitcoin is not a literal currency but a digital cryptocurrency in which we bitcoin users benefits from it.

Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:29:16 PM

Bitcoin is not a a currency because no law is proclaiming making bitcoin into currency..
That's is.... No law to support its a currency in short....

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: