Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:49:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not a currency?  (Read 1945 times)
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 09:39:43 AM

Is bitcoin a currency? Yes it is and much more. whatever has value can be used as a currency. Whatever has been accepted as a legal tender amongst a people is a legal tender as long as its value is not subject to certain shortcomings and faults and the bitcoin has no defect or faults.
I think it is safe and smart to disregard such statements. The bitcoin and crypto is bigger than the Oracle of Omaha.

BrentMack

Activity: 204
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:36:50 AM

Bitcoin is a currency. It mostly depends on your usage of bitcoin. When I buy and sell things online using bitcoin as a payment method then bitcoin is a currency. But sometimes, I also like to buy and wait for bitcoin to go up then sell and make profit which makes it an asset.
Fatemablabla

Activity: 546
Merit: 180

I'm Matured Now

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 11:39:55 AM

Of course it is a currency.if you go to the goggle and search for it the very forst intro you will see that bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency.but also i should mention that it depends on you how you take it.we can use it as our general currency tho in my country the govt has banned it.im waiting for the unban decision.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:54:58 AM

actually maybe not as we are used to understand, but it is still a tool of payment and recieving payments. We can still buy and sell for it.

it is a tool for it? But it doesn't used in that way, sadly. For a lot of people, Bitcoin is not a currency but an asset or an investment that can give you a good profit in the future or when it pumps, it is volatile so we do not know when this pump will happen.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:57:41 AM

I think this is a false statement, I think Bitcoin is a currency. Many people are accepting it as a currency to pay. I see some articles that say, "In China, there is a car shop accepting Bitcoin payments" and this proves Bitcoin accept as currency.
luis sagna14

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:19:13 PM

Bitcoin is one kind of crypto currency. It is a form of digital money. It is exists in the network only but not like dollar, euros. Bitcoin is produced by mathematical proof. It is a decentralized currency.
shadowtree

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:21:42 PM

Bitcoin is a good store of value similar to gold, but how many of us use gold today as a currency. Its why I think bitcoin will remain the dominant one but other cryptos will be used as day to day currency.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:21:59 PM

Rather, they are right who calls bitcoin a commodity, not a currency. You can buy real estate or product in some countries for bitcoins.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
mullzerwar

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:25:59 PM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency, a digital currency. Whatever he meant, it will not influence the existence and the use of bitcoin as a digital currency. Crypto, in this case, becomes one-leading blockchain technology. For people who are aware of the technology and development of era, they will realize the bitcoin. In this case, whatever he said, we should not be influenced by his talks. I'm still here recognize that bitcoin is an advanced digital currency for many people use it for transaction and investment.
luisdvmd25

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:33:34 PM

Bitcoin is not a currency, and many countries issue it, and it isn't considered money. You can not use it to buy items in stores or at grocery stores. It can not be used to pay rent, electricity or water bills. So I think it is not a currency.
Paka1

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:41:33 PM

I found a video on YouTube https://youtu.be/qTxPfxmkLIY that according to this man (Warren Buffett) said "Bitcoin doesn't meet the definition of a currency" and he said that "he would not be surprised if bitcoin is not around in 10 or 20 years".

Is he a hater of bitcoin? while other big names appreciate the bitcoin.

Your thoughts?
People have different perspectives when they hear the word bitcoin,  some may think about it as a trash,  some may think that it is worth the investment. We cannot force everyone to believe that bitcoin is really a great venue to start up investing, but the fact that we entrusted our money,  time and effort  well that is something that matters. And for the record bitcoin is a virtual currency that means we could use it as our payment when transacting online,  thus,  it is still a currency.
beezare

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:43:04 PM

everybody has their own opinion, and for me bitcoin is a digital currency which of course is different from official currency, we can only use bitcoin online and not all places can accept bitcoin
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:50:19 PM

There is nothing surprising in this, everyone has the right to their opinion. You do not need to listen to anyone and make a decision based on these comments. Bitcoin has many functions, and it is already accepted as a means of payment, so,  bitcoin - the future.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
ov3rflow9x

Activity: 374

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:59:01 PM

Bitcoin is not a currency its like a property which u bought and holding and its growing in price year to year , but its not ready to be a currency in this moment.
yahyaz

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:01:51 PM

Bitcoin is the new digitized gold.
VIC-btcforum

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 01:08:04 PM

It should be a currency. But most people view it as an asset and that s the big problem. People are looking to make money with BTC not replace existing currencies.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:46:14 PM

I would call it a currency since it is accepted as a form of payment by some people. Per wikipedia, currency "refers to money in any form when in actual use or circulation as a medium of exchange". In my opinion Bitcoin fits this definition as well as being the type of currency that is just traded for its economic value.
It may not be a conventional / popular currency or one that is recognized as "stores of value and traded between nations in foreign exchange markets", but that could change in the future.
gabbiee

Activity: 167
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:46:53 PM

There is nothing surprising in this, everyone has the right to their opinion. You do not need to listen to anyone and make a decision based on these comments. Bitcoin has many functions, and it is already accepted as a means of payment, so,  bitcoin - the future.
I agree, we all have our own point of view it only depends on each one of us what we're going to believe to. It is hard to tell which is true and not because there are a lot of fake news about bitcoin, trying to bring bitcoin down because bitcoin is a threat for them and seeing bitcoin succeed in all kind of fields is not good for them. Bitcoin is meeting its function to its community it depends on the user how he/she is going to use it.

2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:48:16 PM

I would call it a currency since it is accepted as a form of payment by some people. Per wikipedia, currency "refers to money in any form when in actual use or circulation as a medium of exchange". In my opinion Bitcoin fits this definition as well as being the type of currency that is just traded for its economic value.
It may not be a conventional / popular currency or one that is recognized as "stores of value and traded between nations in foreign exchange markets", but that could change in the future.

Seems more like people are holding it like an asset instead of using it as a currency to be honest.
Good Bo

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 01:58:10 PM

maybe that's just his opinion we never know the next few years about what will happen because change always happens at any time.bitcoin as currency or not it depends on the person itself, if bitcoin as a means of payment then it is called a currency
Not all people think the same on how they will bitcoin, currency or investment. Different people using them with different purposes. Some are taking them as asset and start investing in them. And some legends are there who are continuously using them in payment methods and thus they become currency. So it does not matter hiw people use bitcoin but at least we know bitcoin is very useful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: