Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:02:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273571 times)
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:56:19 PM

I'd get in on this, but everyday that goes by is another day on the back end because you still haven't ordered chips yet at the remaining 1600 chips you need to get sold are going at a snails pace.

What you should do is ask Dave if you can place an order for a smaller batch and make a go of it, because at this rate you won't have chips ordered for another 60 days, then its too late.

Your math skills are exceptional.  Obviously you haven't been paying attention the past few days as the orders have increased dramatically.

You base that continued daily steady purchase rate based on what?

So we will be to zero in 5 days you think?

erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 08:34:54 PM

Too much $$$$$  Now.. 
Compared to what?
mightycount

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 09:35:07 PM

I'd get in on this, but everyday that goes by is another day on the back end because you still haven't ordered chips yet at the remaining 1600 chips you need to get sold are going at a snails pace.

What you should do is ask Dave if you can place an order for a smaller batch and make a go of it, because at this rate you won't have chips ordered for another 60 days, then its too late.

Your math skills are exceptional.  Obviously you haven't been paying attention the past few days as the orders have increased dramatically.

You base that continued daily steady purchase rate based on what?

So we will be to zero in 5 days you think?

The OP is a straight shooter and the board design is done. I'm willing to bet it will be filled in 10 days or less.

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
Skriglitz

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 12:51:21 AM

I might as well buy one of the chips now while I still have the btc and while there are still chips lol..  Anyone know which exchange to go by? BTC-E is ~$96, Bitstamp is ~$98, and MtGox is ~$109   =/
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:06:50 AM

I might as well buy one of the chips now while I still have the btc and while there are still chips lol..  Anyone know which exchange to go by? BTC-E is ~$96, Bitstamp is ~$98, and MtGox is ~$109   =/
Forget about getting money in or out of Gox in a hurry.
Skriglitz

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:14:38 AM

Well I'm just sending btc not exchanging.  The first post mentioned to calculate based on the exchange rate but yet didn't specify WHICH exchange to use to calculate .-.
daemondazz

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:47:19 AM

Well I'm just sending btc not exchanging.  The first post mentioned to calculate based on the exchange rate but yet didn't specify WHICH exchange to use to calculate .-.

+1

Computers, Amateur Radio, Electronics, Aviation - 1dazzrAbMqNu6cUwh2dtYckNygG7jKs8S
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:06:57 AM

Was considering investing into a one of those USB Drillbit systems.. Went to use your website.. NOPE.

You guys need a hand with web design..? Your site just costed you a sale.. And my guess would be more then just i was turned off by the 20 second to build site. :/

I love the idea of the product.. Just highly doubting legitimacy.

Dude, this isnt a full on company with products, this is a couple of guys organizing a group buy and offering assembly services. It is a huge waste of time to design a vibrant website when all of the information you need is on this forum, and it all being organized by this forum.

I have to say I disagree. I figure a nice website makes the groupbuy purchaser feel more comfortable.
I'm not saying these guys make a website like BFL and take in a massive amount of preorders.
Just a nice site with some pictures and updates of where they are at and projected speeds / costs.
Would make it easier for people to see what's up rather then sifting through the forum.

Kyle.T

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:08:59 AM

The shinier the website, the more likely you're being fucked.

Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:25:38 AM

Can you ship to the US  Huh Approximate cost  Huh

On your website there is no mention of "available units",how do we know you aren't "sold out" & we'll be put in a later que  Huh

Your design,price & release date look very good to me,but..........my questions need an answer before commiting  Wink  I'll have more questions later,I'm sure  Cheesy

I'll be watching VERY closely  Cool

Thanks Barntech !!!!!!!!!!

Hey Unnaceptable

Yes we ship worldwide. Approx quote for shipping is $50 - $100. I'll get proper details up soon.

And yes, the available chip count is in big red letters on the first page of this thread.

Cheers

Thanks Barntech !!! Is that shipping per board or possibly a set amount of boards in one box to the US?? Just seeing if shipping costs can be minimized  Wink

Duh,I looked right at it & didn't see that count  Roll Eyes   Was just looking at your website & didn't see the count info  Cheesy

So,we need to order chips & then boards?? It looked like fully assembled boards with chips were available on the order page........now I'm soooooo confused  Cheesy

BTW,will these devices use BFGminer/CGminer or some other miner software.I'm a nosey fokker  Cheesy

We will do all that we can to keep the shipping costs down. The prices will be charged in weight ranges, so i'm guessing 1-4 ish boards would probably cost the same shipping, then a higher price for 5-10 etc (total random numbers btw, just to give you an idea). I will get onto all those details soon.

In terms of ordering, basically, if you are wanting us to assemble a board for you, then you will need to either order a fully assembled board now, or order chips now and assembly down the track. That option is there to allow people to get their order in for chips, then get their money together for assembly. However if you have the money now, and know what you want, it will be easier and simpler to just order fully assembled boards to start with.

We are configuring the miners to run with cgminer.

I think that's all your questions covered. Smiley Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

Cheers
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:30:55 AM

If we ordered one board early on and added more as this group buy develops, can all of the boards be shipped together at the original position in the order queue? Or, do you think all orders will ship fairly quickly, say within a week, regardless of when of the order was placed? Thanks.

I think all the boards will ship fairly quickly. We will be doing all of them together in one manufacture run, so they will all be ready at once. From there its just postage. We will post them in the order that the orders were placed. If you only ordered a few boards then they will all ship together. In the interest of fairness though, if you say ordered one board at the beginning and 30 at the end, we will have to stay true to the queue and send the 30 in their appropriate position. Basically, it will be done in the most fair and efficient way we can manage.  Smiley
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:44:34 AM

Can you ship to the US  Huh Approximate cost  Huh

On your website there is no mention of "available units",how do we know you aren't "sold out" & we'll be put in a later que  Huh

Your design,price & release date look very good to me,but..........my questions need an answer before commiting  Wink  I'll have more questions later,I'm sure  Cheesy

I'll be watching VERY closely  Cool

Thanks Barntech !!!!!!!!!!

Hey Unnaceptable

Yes we ship worldwide. Approx quote for shipping is $50 - $100. I'll get proper details up soon.

And yes, the available chip count is in big red letters on the first page of this thread.

Cheers

Thanks Barntech !!! Is that shipping per board or possibly a set amount of boards in one box to the US?? Just seeing if shipping costs can be minimized  Wink

Duh,I looked right at it & didn't see that count  Roll Eyes   Was just looking at your website & didn't see the count info  Cheesy

So,we need to order chips & then boards?? It looked like fully assembled boards with chips were available on the order page........now I'm soooooo confused  Cheesy

BTW,will these devices use BFGminer/CGminer or some other miner software.I'm a nosey fokker  Cheesy

We will do all that we can to keep the shipping costs down. The prices will be charged in weight ranges, so i'm guessing 1-4 ish boards would probably cost the same shipping, then a higher price for 5-10 etc (total random numbers btw, just to give you an idea). I will get onto all those details soon.

In terms of ordering, basically, if you are wanting us to assemble a board for you, then you will need to either order a fully assembled board now, or order chips now and assembly down the track. That option is there to allow people to get their order in for chips, then get their money together for assembly. However if you have the money now, and know what you want, it will be easier and simpler to just order fully assembled boards to start with.

We are configuring the miners to run with cgminer.

I think that's all your questions covered. Smiley Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know.

Cheers

Shocked  WOW  Shocked  Communication....what a concept  Cheesy  Sounds great Barntech & thanks for taking the time to respond  Cheesy

I'll be watching,october is far away,sooo many things coming & I'm hoping I don't make a bad decision a 3rd time.

This looks like the best "bang for the buck" though ATM,but things can change soo fast in ASICland.

BFL order delayed for a over year(30GH),but got it  Cool  Avalon delayed............. Who knows when I'll get that 30GH................ Roll Eyes

Best of Luck & hope Bitfury comes thru !!   Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:46:12 AM

If we ordered one board early on and added more as this group buy develops, can all of the boards be shipped together at the original position in the order queue? Or, do you think all orders will ship fairly quickly, say within a week, regardless of when of the order was placed? Thanks.

He has told me that he anticipates orders being shipped all within a week or after chips are received and boards being built. Shipping should be bundled, but you may or may not receive preferential treatment for having an early order and a late order. I will let him provide clarification on that.

Yes, basically, its a balance of fairness and efficiency. If you order one now and one later, it would be silly to send them in two separate packages, so they will be packaged together. I guess the main thing is for everyone to be reasonable about this with their ordering. I don't want a situation where people are taking advantage by placing a small early order then hoping to add lots to it later on and maintain an early spot in the queue. I guess if this happens, ie 1 now, 20 later, then the 1 will probably be bundled with the 20 rather than the other way around, or perhaps i will offer the option of separate packages in the interest of maintaining the queue. If you place multiple orders, i will contact you and we can work out together how they will be bundled

But really all this won't make too much difference to anything. The situation i am anticipating is that we will get all the boards back, sit around for a few solid days packaging them all up and send them out. Biggest delay between first and last package going out will be one maybe two weeks at the most (at a guess).
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:50:02 AM

Shocked  WOW  Shocked  Communication....what a concept  Cheesy  Sounds great Barntech & thanks for taking the time to respond  Cheesy

I'll be watching,october is far away,sooo many things coming & I'm hoping I don't make a bad decision a 3rd time.

This looks like the best "bang for the buck" though ATM,but things can change soo fast in ASICland.

BFL order delayed for a over year(30GH),but got it  Cool  Avalon delayed............. Who knows when I'll get that 30GH................ Roll Eyes

Best of Luck & hope Bitfury comes thru !!   Wink

Yes, trust m,e i understand the frustration of bad communication in this crazy world. I'll always be here to answer your questions.  Grin

And yes i hope Bitfury delivers. It all feels pretty solid, but you never know. Gonna make sure we're all ready to go when they do though.
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:57:12 AM

Pleased to announce that the chips have been ordered.  Grin

We have made a deposit with Megabigpower to secure an October reel of chips, so this is going ahead regardless. Basically now it is a matter of whether we fill the chip order with orders from the community or buy whats left out ourselves once we get to October. Honestly though i highly doubt it will get to that. As others have mentioned, the orders are moving quite quickly, the whole thing seems to be generally picking up steam. At this point i'm confident people will snap up the remaining chips.

Barntech
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:01:32 AM

Use Gox for exchange rate. Most people seem to still use them as the benchmark (correct me if i'm wrong)... but yes, so far everything has been done following the Gox rate.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:18:15 AM

I am in for a board via Paypal... Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

I have orders in with BFL, Mr Teal, buzzdave and now here. I wonder who delivers first?
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:18:56 AM

And onto the website debate.

I know what you mean about shiny websites feeling untrustworthy. Especially in bitcoin land. There have been so many vaporware companies pop up with shiny websites announcing billion gigahash miners available for preorder now. Whenever i see one of these sites, i instantly think "yeah right, what a load of shit". I have written to many of them using their pretty user support forms and almost always got nothing back.

What we are doing here is not really a commercial enterprise where we want to lure people in and take their money using our shiny website. That website i set up was never really intended to be a "website" per se, but rather a place where people can go and make their orders for the group buy.

Now all that said, i have been intending on making that page slightly more attractive, and putting up some more information on their for people who stumble onto it without coming via the forum.

MRKLYE has offered to contribute some time to building the site up. To be honest it is a welcome offer as it takes one thing off my plate. I'm going to get him to have a run at it and see what he comes up with. Don't worry, we're not going to get another BFL or KNC esque site. I'll make sure it still stays true to the DIY nature of this whole thing, whilst being a bit nicer to use, clearer and more informational (if that is even a word).

Thanks MRKYLE for the offer.

Smiley
Skriglitz

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:20:07 AM

Use Gox for exchange rate. Most people seem to still use them as the benchmark (correct me if i'm wrong)... but yes, so far everything has been done following the Gox rate.

Alright. I'm about to send some of my bitcoins to my wallet then to you in a few. Right now I'm paying for one as that is all I have right now but I will pay for the second as soon as i can
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 04:50:01 AM

And onto the website debate.

I know what you mean about shiny websites feeling untrustworthy. Especially in bitcoin land. There have been so many vaporware companies pop up with shiny websites announcing billion gigahash miners available for preorder now. Whenever i see one of these sites, i instantly think "yeah right, what a load of shit". I have written to many of them using their pretty user support forms and almost always got nothing back.

What we are doing here is not really a commercial enterprise where we want to lure people in and take their money using our shiny website. That website i set up was never really intended to be a "website" per se, but rather a place where people can go and make their orders for the group buy.

Now all that said, i have been intending on making that page slightly more attractive, and putting up some more information on their for people who stumble onto it without coming via the forum.

MRKLYE has offered to contribute some time to building the site up. To be honest it is a welcome offer as it takes one thing off my plate. I'm going to get him to have a run at it and see what he comes up with. Don't worry, we're not going to get another BFL or KNC esque site. I'll make sure it still stays true to the DIY nature of this whole thing, whilst being a bit nicer to use, clearer and more informational (if that is even a word).

Thanks MRKYLE for the offer.

Smiley

I'm willing to help the team how I can. PM me if you'd like to get me started on this side project!

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: