Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICO] Polyswarm - The first decentralized threat intelligence market.  (Read 22472 times)
Cnote328

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 06:36:52 AM

Would be nice if the unsold tokens would be airdropped between the loyal investors..could be a nice thing for those who decided to back this project Smiley
Yes might be nice. But this process can pull down NCT value in market. Because of people who will earn tokens via airdrop they will start selling on cheap price. And this activity can crash NCT value.

You have a point there Girib, anyways either an airdrop distribution or the unsold token should be burnt that would even increase the value of the Polyswarm token.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:25:05 AM

So I assumed the total token supply was 2.5 billion because that's the information I found on coinschedule.com.

However icoalert.com says the total supply is only 50 million.

What's the correct amount? And why the hell certain projects don't even show this basic information on their websites? Angry

The problem is that these are third party ICO reviews which don't actually spend too much time on the project ins and outs, just a quick generic overview of the project, so always take these review companies with a pinch of salt and ensure to get the correct information off the official website
Owillz

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:58:54 AM

Following HitBTC's recent announcement, this polyswarm will be listed on their exchange starting from March 31st. Do you consider it good enough for the project?

Do you ask if hitbtc is good enough for polyswarm or if we consider polyswarm to be a good project?
I would say, in Polyswarm you can invest without thinking.
and as for hitbtc, everyone has to start on an exchange, at the moment many do it on bitbtc, seems to be the easiest. but others will follow

Going by the first couple of statements the initial poster made, I think what he is actually trying to ask is if we all think that HITbtc exchange is a good enough exchange for polyswarm projects.
 HITbtc might be good exchange but I have no experience with them so u can't really compare their service with the polyswarm presently
In my own opinion, I think polyswarm is too good and should aim for better exchanges like binance and kucoin. There's no rush from investors to be listed just anywhere

There is the general pressure by the community who want the listing itsel to occur as fast as possible after ICO has ended, too bad this stimulates poor listings

You might have a point there friend. Some people have a way of giving into pressure and making poor decisions in haste. But then, this is a project that has been planned out and written out carefully on whitepaper with road maps. They aught to have thought about exchange listing in one time or another.
faulerwilli

Activity: 966
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:32:09 AM

Would be nice if the unsold tokens would be airdropped between the loyal investors..could be a nice thing for those who decided to back this project Smiley

An interesting new idea. You mean you should divide the tokens in percent to all investors. But do not you think that many then sell their airdop tokens cheaper on the stock exchanges and push the price down?
Of course, that would be short-lived, but others could become nervous and sell too, a vicious circle begins :-)
Hendobox

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:56:01 AM

Yes mate, that would really be a good idea for the team to take. Nevertheless, I think I am comfortable with them not creating the tokens at all.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:14:17 AM

Yes mate, that would really be a good idea for the team to take. Nevertheless, I think I am comfortable with them not creating the tokens at all.

I don't like it very much when a project distributes unsold tokens amongst the investors. I prefer either not creating the tokens at all or burning the unsold ones to have a lower total supply.
LaScuderia

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:21:12 AM

An interesting new idea. You mean you should divide the tokens in percent to all investors. But do not you think that many then sell their airdop tokens cheaper on the stock exchanges and push the price down?
Of course, that would be short-lived, but others could become nervous and sell too, a vicious circle begins :-)

In the market where the price of the underlying assets in which the fees went down, the meaning is small in this small, only when the market goes into growth you can think about this. After all, what will be distributed on a panic will be sold by lowering the price of assets to all those who will continue to keep it is not good and not fair.
girib1684

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:41:40 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2018, 03:17:19 AM by girib1684

Yes might be nice. But this process can pull down NCT value in market. Because of people who will earn tokens via airdrop they will start selling on cheap price. And this activity can crash NCT value.

You have a point there Girib, anyways either an airdrop distribution or the unsold token should be burnt that would even increase the value of the Polyswarm token.

I am in favor to burn unsold tokens. That would be increase demand and value of NCT. Now we have to be wait till end of ICO.
ibininja

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 11:44:33 AM

I don't like it very much when a project distributes unsold tokens amongst the investors. I prefer either not creating the tokens at all or burning the unsold ones to have a lower total supply.

I stand with Sozial on this; It is not a great deal to distribute to early investors whatever is unsold. This basically makes them owners of the market. Unsold tokens should be burnt. Imagine having several million tokens distributed to early investors not cool.

Hendobox

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:19:28 PM

I stand with Sozial on this; It is not a great deal to distribute to early investors whatever is unsold. This basically makes them owners of the market. Unsold tokens should be burnt. Imagine having several million tokens distributed to early investors not cool.
I also do stand with Sozial on this. I don't think distributing unsold tokens will do anything significant to the value of tokens. If not for the fact that unsold tokens won't be generated, I would have preferred them burning it.
Ace44

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:44:16 PM

I'm glad to see some exposure at Coindesk, and thousands of people will see all this and all the increased advertising. I really like Polyswarm to take their marketing seriously!

That's the essence of advertising, using every available means/ channels effectively, to ensure that positive results are achieved, that's why is necessary to have an effective marketing/advertising team in order to have a successful project
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:48:50 PM

Do we hit 25 mil this weekend? I am really looking forward for the milestone. We just have couple of days to the ICO closure. Did we hear anything from the team about what is their view and whats their next step?

I'm not sure Polyswarm are going to hit $25m by the end of this weekend, mainly because of the markets over the last couple of days... I think they will probably hit $25m at the end of the next week after G20..

It is a tough time for everyone the whole market is barely resisting the drop; I think ETH is one of the critical ones to watch out for since the ERC20s are all based on ETH. At any case polyswarm have done a really good job in these circumstances.

Market is fine from yesterday night. It retreats which is a good sign. This retreat might change the mentality of investors and go forward for the investments in high quality ICOs such as Polyswarm.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:52:33 PM

Why are we talking about airdrop here? Did I miss the airdrop of such nice project? Sad I hope not. but I already asked my family member to buy some for me on my behalf. So I am happy with it anyway.
Anilg

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:56:19 PM

ha ha ha, nice idea Cnote328. But that's not good for project. They have not spent tokens for bounty till now and I think it caused less token sell (to some extent) due to less social media advertisement.
But what will happen to unsold tokens? they will burn it?
Gunny95

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:02:41 PM

ha ha ha, nice idea Cnote328. But that's not good for project. They have not spent tokens for bounty till now and I think it caused less token sell (to some extent) due to less social media advertisement.

Check out page 30 of the whitepaper: https://polyswarm.io/polyswarm-whitepaper.pdf

"The total number of NCT tokens will be determined during the token sale"

So no more tokens will be generated than is invested for, in addition to this no additional tokens will be created after the token sale period

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:22:02 PM

Check out page 30 of the whitepaper: https://polyswarm.io/polyswarm-whitepaper.pdf

So no more tokens will be generated than is invested for, in addition to this no additional tokens will be created after the token sale period

One of the main points regarding Polyswarm and NCT tokens, I like the sound that the number of NCT tokens will be determined during sale, meaning that they will keep numbers low dependent on sales which in theory, should give the coin as much value as possible
Gunny95

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 03:28:15 PM

One of the main points regarding Polyswarm and NCT tokens, I like the sound that the number of NCT tokens will be determined during sale, meaning that they will keep numbers low dependent on sales which in theory, should give the coin as much value as possible

Indeed, some ICO's prefer to keep the unsold tokens for the foundation, this usually leads to dump, to counter this, other ICO's promise a lock-in period, which is pretty lame as well

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
Nathan01

Activity: 728

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:34:45 PM

Do we hit 25 mil this weekend? I am really looking forward for the milestone. We just have couple of days to the ICO closure. Did we hear anything from the team about what is their view and whats their next step?

I'm not sure Polyswarm are going to hit $25m by the end of this weekend, mainly because of the markets over the last couple of days... I think they will probably hit $25m at the end of the next week after G20..

G-20 came out good what's the progress now on NCT token sales?

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 04:35:29 PM

Indeed, some ICO's prefer to keep the unsold tokens for the foundation, this usually leads to dump, to counter this, other ICO's promise a lock-in period, which is pretty lame as well

Yep it takes out the guess work and trust portion towards the maintainers, as only whats needed gets produced and much less likelyhood of any funny business, its good that polyswarm took this model as it really does create a sense of trust that isn't available in some of the other ICO's where you really have to have 100% faith in the team following through with something like a burn. Good to see the team thinking these things through to try to maintain that trust in the team.
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 04:42:49 PM

This is called token minting I guess. They will mint tokens only when they see the demand during the ICO. No lock-in period or no token burning things. This is really good for tokens such as Polyswarm.

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: