Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:02:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC now accepts Bitcoin!  (Read 3399 times)
katixrecamara

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:01:22 PM

It will become a stepping stone for other companies to show interest in the bitcoin technology, they may end up accepting it right over the counter but this needs a lot of preparation like use of cards with bitcoin balances. Cause ordering it online you'll end up eating cold lunch, or at least in other countries with bad traffic situations and slow internet connections.
but, of course, this is good news and a good start!
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 01:46:42 AM

It will become a stepping stone for other companies to show interest in the bitcoin technology, they may end up accepting it right over the counter but this needs a lot of preparation like use of cards with bitcoin balances. Cause ordering it online you'll end up eating cold lunch, or at least in other countries with bad traffic situations and slow internet connections.
but, of course, this is good news and a good start!

This is true, I just think for the most part it was a marketing stunt.

Positivebetting
soll-moll

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:45:54 AM

Really interesting news, I hope BTC can be accepted by more shops, so that we do not need to bring cash to buy what we want. Of course, KFC accept BTC, will also increase the visibility of BTC.
lampukoe lumo

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:57:36 AM

KFC accepts bitcoin as payment!! it is indeed very good, because can be paid in bitcoin we don't need to be hard if we don't have the cash we just need to pay with bitcoin, and we are again more easily when you buy KFC, we don't need to bother anymore to disburse money from bitcoin to cash we can already pay with bitcoin.
sicnarfkswiss

Activity: 84
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:03:46 AM

wow that's good news but i think KFC philippines doesnt accept it.Correct me if I'm wrong.
gcckpxm62308

Activity: 120
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:21:28 AM

If KFC accepts bitcoin, this is great news for the bitcoin community, pointing to the growing popularity of bitcoin as a payment method, and getting more people to know bitcoin is good for us.
keanne_isaac

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:23:30 AM

wow that's good news but i think KFC philippines doesnt accept it.Correct me if I'm wrong.
i hope they would do also it could be more convenient if you dont have cash on hand no need to fall inline in atm machine just qr code for bitcoin will do
ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:29:28 AM

Its awesome, will be a great push for BTC. But as delay in BTC confirmation, payers have to wait till there transaction got confirmed. Tongue
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:29:56 AM

Check out my YouTube video where I dive more in depth : BREAKING NEWS KFC is now accepting Bitcoin, and Smart contracts might be legally binding!

Is this just a bucket of chicken, or a bucket of publicity stunts?

You will be able to buy a bucket of chicken in Select Canada KFC's. However you will have to order it online using Bitpay, and have it shipped to you.

Cost : Around $20 + $5 shipping + Taxes + Any other blockchain fees

What do you guys think about it?

This is great!. Hopefully it will happen in our country as well. I would like to try but just one time.Every bitcoiner will be happy to try if that's the case. Who doesn't love the KFC's finger looking good mouth watering chicken. If KFC will be successful doing this, other fast food will follow as well (it should be McDonalds). This only applies for those people who doesn't want to cash out their bitcoin. If its me, I'll just pay using cash or debit card. It's more convenient that way in my opinion.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
kyaheyjey

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:34:28 AM

It is a win for both. This is definitely a marketing scheme from KFC but bitcoin will also benefit from this. More exposure hence demand will go up. More and more companies accepting bitcoin payment nowadays.
zhxb01

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:39:15 AM

Even though KFC now accepts bitcoin I want to ask what you will buy through bitcoin in KFC. A hamburger? A fried chicken? I believe you wouldn't. We can do great things by using bitcoin, but no KFC or Macdonald. Hahahaha…… Grin

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1634852
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡
Redmark

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:58:19 PM

Even tho it is a brilliant initiative from such a multinational food chain and is a big step for cryptocurrencies as they are adopted and recognized by compagnies around the globe and is somehow a sort of publicity and free advertisement that serves both parties , i'd still prefer using normal credit card with fiat as a main currency to buy any sort of food since i'll be charged with extra fees , transactions will take forever to confirm especially with such a congested network and i'll be buying food with an amount of crypto that could become worth 10 times the next day (people will be saying here and it can also be worth 0 , well i'd prefer it becomes null and void than realizing i paid a fortune for some chicken wings !! ) .
Fiat money is the most suitable for such purchases and it'll be much quicker and easier to process for both buyer and seller .
It won't last certainly and might be just a marketing action for KFC but it's certainly a brilliant one .
It was expected and not only KFC but also MacDonald and some more rich companies are going to accept bitcoin because bitcoin is very good to help any company in their finance and in coming time more countries and companies will join bitcoin which will make bitcoin more strong than ever and its price will also go high because bitcoin believe to bring change in world and I’m sure that bitcoin will become a global currency.
Simple_Man

Activity: 163
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:06:58 PM

Check out my YouTube video where I dive more in depth : BREAKING NEWS KFC is now accepting Bitcoin, and Smart contracts might be legally binding!

You will be able to buy a bucket of chicken in Select Canada KFC's. However you will have to order it online using Bitpay, and have it shipped to you.

That's a really great move by KFC in strengthening the mainstream acceptability of bitcoin. The practical challenge of accepting bitcoin in a real world business is the price fluctuations which may not look good on their P&L statement. So with bitpay, they have officially suppressed the risk and getting hard cold cash at each settlement cycle without having to fear much about the price fluctuations.
hartadiningrat27

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

wow that was great
i hoping if in asian country legal i can eat so much chicken
214missy

Activity: 98
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:18:17 PM

It is really a good news that KFC is now accepts bitcoin. No matter it is a advertising technique  or marketing technique lot of bitcoin users will be physiologically it give us a positive thought and confidence more about bitcoin future and this can lead other food chains also to accept bitcoin as payment. What ever it is it is good new for bitcoin users.

I think it does help to some extent, but not as much as some people might think. For bitcoin users we know its not worth it to actually purchase the chicken. For others, they might hear about it, however bigger companies like microsoft and overstock have been accepting it for awhile.
Well it seems many people will be happy for this news and It's good to hear that KFC is accepting bitcoin as payment. This means convenience for the customers. Soon other establishment may follow this scheme if they can see that it has good effect to KFC. I can imagine if I'm using bitcoin to buy foods. I think it's awesome. Hoping it will happen in my country soon.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:20:54 PM

it's not worth because the transaction fee is very high, they can try another alt coins such as XLM which has low transaction fee
mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:56:05 PM

That's a good sign for other bitcoiners. If KFC receives a bitcoin payment? Some restaurants may also accept bitcoin for payment. It is better to have some bitcoins in their own restaurant. They also earn money because bitcoin does not. Some people think it's illegal. It's not illegal, they're just shattering. But I can only say that it's going to be a bitcoin in the shopping areas. Smiley Hope hope is the most popular request. Smiley
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:07:17 PM

This is another reason why bitcoin's market value will rise up. If this is true, KFC is one of the leading fast food restaurant in the world. It will not be surprising that their contending restaurants would also offer this mode of payment/ transaction.

If this big companies opened their door to cryptocurrencies, most of the altcoins would benefit as well.

Who knows,maybe we'll be saving trees in the future by phasing out paper currencies LOL
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:10:28 PM

That's a good sign for other bitcoiners. If KFC receives a bitcoin payment? Some restaurants may also accept bitcoin for payment. It is better to have some bitcoins in their own restaurant. They also earn money because bitcoin does not. Some people think it's illegal. It's not illegal, they're just shattering. But I can only say that it's going to be a bitcoin in the shopping areas. Smiley Hope hope is the most popular request. Smiley
Is it better for KFC to launch an ICOs that is intended to buy their products? It is not practical nowadays to use bitcoin because the transaction fee is i think is high.
derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:15:46 PM

This is very good specially for the persons who are busy and can't buy KFC using cash. I am glad bitcoin helps a lot in many countries.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: