Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 06:10:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KFC now accepts Bitcoin!  (Read 3399 times)
Chakitot

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:17:42 AM

Amazing!!!! Maybe KFC is trying to adopt a new payment method which is using the bitcoin or other crypto currency,,, since many people are using it now (preferring to bitcoin) they try to attract more customers and buyers to try buying their products using digital money which is a good marketing also....
salayog01999

Activity: 55

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:25:34 AM

Check out my YouTube video where I dive more in depth : BREAKING NEWS KFC is now accepting Bitcoin, and Smart contracts might be legally binding!

Is this just a bucket of chicken, or a bucket of publicity stunts?

You will be able to buy a bucket of chicken in Select Canada KFC's. However you will have to order it online using Bitpay, and have it shipped to you.

Cost : Around $20 + $5 shipping + Taxes + Any other blockchain fees

What do you guys think about it?

It is a good news that they are using bitcoin as a payment method. If more people are using bitcoin in payment, I think it will attract other companies and they will accept bitcoin too as a payment method to gain more customers.
boakyei

Activity: 358
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 07:33:05 AM

Any other blockchain fees? If that will cost more than $25 chicken, is it a sustainable idea. Bitcoins for shopping won't see the light of the day until these blockchain fees are reduce.

endogan

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:50:14 AM

This is good news, with this kind of news, the more demand for bitcoin, hopefully for the future it's not just KFC who accepts payments using bitcoins, restaurants and other stores receive payment using bitcoins.

RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:03:56 AM

Nice thing about it, this franchise seems so good on adopting things on time. For sure Colonel Sanders will not be regretting his decisions embracing the beauty of blockchain. I just hope more and more store will be adopting not only BTC but all of the cryptocurrencies in order to help this industry grow further in order for it reach it's maximum potentials.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
humanvelocity

Activity: 187
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:09:32 AM

That's awesome but its only for online orders if you go to the store you cant pay through Bitcoins, I feel this is just the beginning stage and opening doors for other to adopt the same like KFC. If KFC gets good amount of Bitcoin transaction they might start accepting Bitcoins in store as well, I hope many other shops do the same which would take Bitcoin to a new level  Wink.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:27:09 AM

Check out my YouTube video where I dive more in depth : BREAKING NEWS KFC is now accepting Bitcoin, and Smart contracts might be legally binding!

You will be able to buy a bucket of chicken in Select Canada KFC's. However you will have to order it online using Bitpay, and have it shipped to you.

This is a good marketing strategy of KFC Canada. They called it Bitcoin Bucket and if it succeeds, maybe they can use it in all KFC products in Canada. They are trying to test the waters of Cryptocurrency market to verify how many users of Bitcoin will take orders using Bitpay and as per CNBC the first wave of orders becomes sold out right away.

Yes, KFC takes advantage of the opportunities well. It's one good marketing technique to attract customers. Moreover, bitcoin became famous and got a special position for its users.
The cost is not a problem for those who like to shop online and want instant and instant service without having to bother them.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Rick Nolan

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 08:41:18 AM

KFC still accepts BTC?
kajing

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:38:12 AM

Wow that's great..I hope not only kfc but all fastfood resto :-)
barneystinson

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:48:53 AM

Personally I think this is a good move towards mass adoption. Up until btc would be used in the daily living and not just solely on trading, we cannot convince the general public that btc is not a bubble. We need these kinds of projects/tie ups in order to gain more visibility in the market. If people would see the real value and purpose of bitcoin then we are heading towards the right path.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
ys fs

Activity: 234

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:11:37 AM

i think that's good thing,because bitcoin has begun to be accepted in the community, yeah i agree about it.... Grin
jeribean

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:15:42 AM

Wow! Really? Oh well, why not.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:22:08 AM

Wow! Really? Oh well, why not.
why not ? because fees cost more then their chicken burgers
this is one more time overload btc network
KFC coin, why not ?

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
darrly

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:24:07 AM

Its a nice marketing scheme. People will have idea and interest about this mode of payment. And people who use bitcoin to buy will be taxed resulting to more profit for the KFC. Bitcoin will be like promoted publicly and they will gain more because of tax. I think its a good marketing scheme for them to use it as a mode of payment.

Hellobx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:28:48 AM

Although KFC accepted bitcoin, at present, it is only a hype, because there is no real meaning, while waiting for the block to synchronize, the Fried chicken I bought is already cold,hhhhh Grin

icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:04:06 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2018, 02:07:20 PM by icanscript

It's a good news. KFC took such a step to attract attention against the background of interest in crypto-currencies. Bitcoin becomes closer to ordinary people.Customers, however, will have an opportunity to pay for their beloved chicken with BTC only for a limited period of time and only when purchasing a special cryptocurrency-themed basket. The order process is neither cheap, nor convenient.
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:10:35 PM

I think this is more of a marketing move than a real need. At the moment it is not profitable to make such small purchases using bitcoin. And immediately remembered the story of pizza.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:21:16 PM

Yeah, using BTC for payments in KFC is marketing. I don't think that people will pay with BTC for meal with price 5$ and transaction fee around 10-15$

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
w33man

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:24:10 PM

This is actually a good news. The more establishments consider bitcoin as something that can be utilized in transactions the more the world starts to accept bitcoin. We may think that it has a little difference, still as soon as it's competitors find out about it, they would also consider accepting bitcoin in transactions of sale.
Iyangyang

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:26:20 PM

Its possible for some reasons like, Bitcoin is a hassle free currency and doesn't require a lot of time and effort to buy and pay. However, it can also be a market strategy of KFC but the question is, why KFC Canada only ?  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: