Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:18:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lina.Review | Community-Driven Review Platform | TGE Event 15th Jan  (Read 23628 times)
jlaw007

Activity: 210
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:06:46 PM

A single negative review can damage the company's prestige and profitability. So how could Lina.Review can tell if a certain review is not bias?

I guess these reviews can only be posted by helpers, and these helpers undergo qualifications before they can be appointed being a helper, so let us call that filtering process, and saying negative review as long as they have proof about it will never be biased and will help customers a lot and at the same time making the product owner to enhance their service and make more quality products.

So it means reviews written by common users to a certain business company are being filtered and approved first before it appears on their profile?

Yes I believe that would be procedure because they will want to make sure that the helper’s review is transparent. That’s a good point to lina.review

In Addition to the statements that is being posted i think even though the objective of the lina project to have a transparent and honest reviews they also have their own criteria in terms of filtering reviews
because we all know that not all reviews are true.

So it means that Lina.review has its own criteria how to handle its customer's review on their platform. The real problem is how they could filter out the fake reviews or the paid reviews that will be on their platform? do they need to remove it or other people will need to report it ?

This is quoted on the LINA whitepaper.

By being implemented on Blockchain technology, Lina.review will address issues related to transparency and immutability of the score, as well as develop mechanisms to help users and experts earn profits based on system development and the quality of their reviews (via smart contract).

Maybe by being the "Community-Driven Review Platform" they said they will be. The community will be composed of real users because "users will need to register valid addresses". No more paid-fake reviews because "assessment is decentralized" and "the results are completely transparent to the users"
jlaw007

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:20:15 PM

How would this website be different to those paid website out there? i dont really see how would that be possible because if those helpers that are reviewing these products would put negative review do you think they will get tokens for that?

That's 2 way, they can give a negative review because that product deserves the review they get, another one is the helper was paid by the rival company!
Well there will be a lot of helpers to do the review and that will be a great balance for the company. they can give bad review, but that will have a conflict if some helpers will give a great feedback.

Not sure if they will, but:

It is the responsibility of the Helper to monthly submit a certain number of reviews with an acceptable quality (based on factors such as the number of like/agree from users). In case where the Helper fails to satisfy these conditions in two consecutive months (configurable), they will be demoted down to common user.

which means, they can write negative reviews, as long as they are good likable/agreeable reviews. Also:

The Helper will be entitled to receive a substantial portion of the advertising revenue or registration fee (up to 50%) depending on their fields. The above-mentioned parameter is only applied to Lina.review, and that of other Lina blockchain based review systems could configure their own incentive and revenue sharing policies.

It will be "different to those paid websites out there" because it is called lina.review, and also just read page 12 of the wp "The strengths of Lina compared to the current system". It enumerated the "websites out there", they mostly do "focus on certain products or services".

s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:21:28 PM

Can i ask for clarification? Will a reliable (negative) review given by a Helper be allowed by Lina Review to be posted?  Is that what they meant for transparency?
We cannot conclude that giving negative review makes transparency to all. A transparent review is a fairly criticism to all. Review must be published wether it is good or bad. Merchants paid the review, the helper will just based by how the service of a firm to the customer. That's I want to a review and as what I've read on the whitepaper of lina, they will do that.

When we say transparency in terms of business it is accepting criticisms and reviews whether it is negative nor poaitive for a certain company to know their weakness and also their stength to be developed and that is the purpose of lina review. Accepting the reviews of the people to help the companies know what is there weak points and strong points.
jlaw007

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:24:40 PM

What would be the requirements for the helpers to be accepted? i wan to know because i am really interested with this project this would be the biggest review sites in the world if this project will pursue,10% of the income from the advertisers would be put to the whole system? is there any limit in which product are the helpers allowed to review?

Looking forward to your project,this is great!

There are 2 options to become a Helper:
• Sign up with Lina.review by attaching CV, proof of domain knowledge, personal value, etc. The applicant is only considered as a Helper after being approved by the Helper Board. Please note that in the later stages of the system, when Lina.review has grown, the approval for being a Helper will be very strict due to the useroriented assessment of the system.

• Publish lots of quality reviews, which are widely accepted (like/agree). After reaching the specific level, the reviewer will be promoted to Helper. Note that depending on the size of the system that this threshold will also increase accordingly

There will probably be no limit as to the number of reviews, but there will be a minimum number of quality reviews required.
chess888

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:40:36 PM

Can i ask for clarification? Will a reliable (negative) review given by a Helper be allowed by Lina Review to be posted?  Is that what they meant for transparency?
We cannot conclude that giving negative review makes transparency to all. A transparent review is a fairly criticism to all. Review must be published wether it is good or bad. Merchants paid the review, the helper will just based by how the service of a firm to the customer. That's I want to a review and as what I've read on the whitepaper of lina, they will do that.

When we say transparency in terms of business it is accepting criticisms and reviews whether it is negative nor poaitive for a certain company to know their weakness and also their stength to be developed and that is the purpose of lina review. Accepting the reviews of the people to help the companies know what is there weak points and strong points.

I don't get the point on questions regarding negative reviews. I believe there was no mention of the word "filter" in the whitepaper. With regards to transparency, they stated the exact case as to what seems to be the problem with the current industry and the lack of transparency. The case said that a company was expecting a huge bonus if it would reach a certain target on a review site, and it missed by 1(it got 84 points, target was 85 points) making the result seem manipulated. That's impossible with LINA, because it's blockchain.
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:54:30 PM

What is the overview of the Lina Platform anyway? can anyone specify it to me one by one, because this is something gives me a lot of question in my mind, which is also gave me a bit doubt about it. But if you can answer it well, I may able to participate to become one of the  users and investors of Lina. Thank you Wink
Lina platform is all about online review.
It focused in the review system due to the review fraud made in online and we knew that reviews are the basis of the customers when he wants to avail a product/services.
The power of review is like the advertisement but in our case today, review is not anymore a set of suggestions and comments to the service but it is all about promoting. Firms manipulated the online review and the manipulation  results to doubt of the customers. In conclusion, lina will launch a project using Lina Token based on ERC20 Token that will fight the review fraud.
The online problem needs to be end, Lina will lead the way to change in review system!

The lina project objectives is to have a transparency and honesty to the reviews of the consumer to a certain product and business
Lina project wants to stop the fraud or fake reviews to different companies just to have a good name
Lina review was being developed to help the other interested consumers to have an authentic reviews for their Decision making
ConquerGold

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:01:46 PM

A single negative review can damage the company's prestige and profitability. So how could Lina.Review can tell if a certain review is not bias?

I guess these reviews can only be posted by helpers, and these helpers undergo qualifications before they can be appointed being a helper, so let us call that filtering process, and saying negative review as long as they have proof about it will never be biased and will help customers a lot and at the same time making the product owner to enhance their service and make more quality products.

So it means reviews written by common users to a certain business company are being filtered and approved first before it appears on their profile?

Yes I believe that would be procedure because they will want to make sure that the helper’s review is transparent. That’s a good point to lina.review

In Addition to the statements that is being posted i think even though the objective of the lina project to have a transparent and honest reviews they also have their own criteria in terms of filtering reviews
because we all know that not all reviews are true.

So it means that Lina.review has its own criteria how to handle its customer's review on their platform. The real problem is how they could filter out the fake reviews or the paid reviews that will be on their platform? do they need to remove it or other people will need to report it ?

I think there is no "criteria for filtering reviews" yet, they should add something like report a review, that might be useful. There is the criteria for becoming helper, yes. No, the procedure on helper is different, they will be demoted if they don't give a quantity of quality reviews. All reviews are biased(e.g. The Movie is a horror movie with lots of blood and guts. Mr. A likes intelligent horror movies, gives negative review since he saw just blood and guts.Mr. B likes all horror movies, gives a positive review.), but all reviews are transparent. In layman's term, a review is in the eye of the reviewer, all of the users will be able to search thru all the reviews, with the helpers review appearing first like a "trusted user review".
chess888

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:16:41 PM

4.5 The Lina Bridge]

this section with sidechain bridge is kinda weird to me and i read it so many time and make a study on it but still, i cant absorb it. sorry, but can you please explain this well.

I don't really get it but it's like almost at the tip of my tongue:
Lina Platform introduces a hybrid architecture approach, bridging between public Ethereum chain (mainnet) and a high performance, scalable private side-blockchain transaction services for scalable interactions with the LINA token.

Tokens between the private chain platform and the Ethereum blockchain could be dynamically interchangeable.

I don't know exactly what those mean but I think it would be like:

LINA Token <=> Lina Bridge <=>  Ethereum network

By the title, it would be bridging LINA tokens to the Eth-network for the transactions.

boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:42:44 PM

This is very promising to most of the investors,because it will give benefits to most of the producers/advertisers of these products.Unbiased reviews from the helper/experts could give some transparency for the consumers,how would this project differ to the existing review websites like IMDB and techradar that has specific product reviews?

sebastianAndrei

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:11:16 PM

This is very promising to most of the investors,because it will give benefits to most of the producers/advertisers of these products.Unbiased reviews from the helper/experts could give some transparency for the consumers,how would this project differ to the existing review websites like IMDB and techradar that has specific product reviews?

I think it is said in their white paper that their assessment is decentralized so its impossible to be faked but we won't really know if it can do it when the project is still young and developing.
Wallflower28

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:51:50 PM

Who is investing in LINA here guys?

Me, i am planning to invest on this project ICO but i still on doubt about the implementation of the idea.
LINA.REVIEW itself is not answering any query on this ann, i still want to know more and most of the comment here are asking many questions and they are not answering, once they make it clear on all doubts i have no reason not to join the ICO.
I also noticed that there is no moderator that answers all inquiries of the people here in announcement thread. If you want to clear something in your mind. Try to have self study, just view thei whitepaper because I think it summarized all the knowledge about lina review. Try also to look at the video given in the first page.

cryptomarijuana

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:56:47 PM

I think it is said in their white paper that their assessment is decentralized so its impossible to be faked but we won't really know if it can do it when the project is still young and developing.
To what i have read in their whitepaper,the users might be promoted to be the helpers/experts which will review the products,im sure this review website would achieve success if thos people who will review these products arent working directly to the website,because it will only be another paid review sites because most of these advertisers will pay most of these product reviewers which is very possible.

cryptocrocs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:03:57 PM

How would we know that these product reviewers or helpers/experts wont be giving paid reviews from these products?because i have read the whitepaper they will be paid with lina tokens if they have some good reviews from the product,how will these reviews be accurate and decentralized?

Can anyone here explain how?  Roll Eyes

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:10:34 PM

How would we know that these product reviewers or helpers/experts wont be giving paid reviews from these products?because i have read the whitepaper they will be paid with lina tokens if they have some good reviews from the product,how will these reviews be accurate and decentralized?

Your question is valid,we should know how the lina bridge will work,so that there will be transparency in each reviews that these experts/helpers are giving to those products,but over all the whitepaper seems to be good,we should wait for the moderator to answer our inquries so we get some solid answers but this project looks promising,it will be the first of its kind.
TheBountyManager

Activity: 27
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:23:52 PM

When would be the ICO of this ? or it is still on its early development phase? nice whitepaper though,but i doubt how will this Lina Bridge would be useful for all the products and advertiser out there.
jlaw007

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:56:54 AM

Your question is valid,we should know how the lina bridge will work,so that there will be transparency in each reviews that these experts/helpers are giving to those products,but over all the whitepaper seems to be good,we should wait for the moderator to answer our inquries so we get some solid answers but this project looks promising,it will be the first of its kind.

Lina bridge seems to be for transactions, not really related to the reviewing part but for the paying/getting paid part and smart contracts stuff.

For transparency, it would just mean that review results are transparent(i.e. user can search about the product, all reviews are available because blockchain.)

For accuracy, they will "build standard criteria for each subject in order to help business get the most accurate feedback from customers".

Decentralized is self explanatory.
jlaw007

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:45:06 AM

What if competitors register under a variety of names and post negative reviews about a certain business? Does LINA will check every single review that comes to their platform if the review is credible? If anyone can have access to put a review to a certain business, then that could be no difference with other review sites we have right now.

as of now this has not yet been clarify, but they will go on this as they move forward with their platform. i think this is interesting because if they really have a solution for this then this would make a ground breaking development in terms of making reviews, i believe this is all about implementation and rules of how you can make sure that fraudalent posts wont be recognized.

I have read about this and it would depend on the platform and the actual app design. This is really a problem with many industries, just like farming in bct. How much capital will fraud/fake accounts maker need? Looking on existing trends, Big cos. can afford it, usu. set up locations make it like a call center, hire people to man number of PCs and write shit/fake reviews. Is it avoidable/preventable/stoppable? Well, in that set up, they would need a separate team. I have read a comment regarding a separate QA team, and that's a norm in any industry. Having QA team ensure QA all around. For the situation above, that might need another team with tech and stuff. There would be tokens for bugs anyway, a "report a review" feature is also advisable.
RubiKa

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:41:04 PM

How would this website be different to those paid website out there? i dont really see how would that be possible because if those helpers that are reviewing these products would put negative review do you think they will get tokens for that?
I think the main thing there - honest reviews. with blockchain.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:07:49 PM

This is great transparency for the reviews should benefit all the merchant because the reviews cannot be influenced by anyone.How would these mecharnts pay the website?is it thru lina tokens or other cryptocurrencies?

johnyespapa

Activity: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:10:40 PM

This is great transparency for the reviews should benefit all the merchant because the reviews cannot be influenced by anyone.How would these mecharnts pay the website?is it thru lina tokens or other cryptocurrencies?
What if these mechants tried to pay those helpers/experts to give a good review to their product? how would we know ?
Transparency means all the reviews arent biased how sure these people arent going to sell their postive reviews?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: