Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:32:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you afraid of hackers?  (Read 10437 times)
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
To tell you the truth, yes, I'm wary of hackers stealing my hard earn money  that's why I took every precaution in the book. Its really up to us how to defend from they cyber punks who's intention to take away money from their unsuspecting victims in every way they can.

I always bookmark important trading sites like MEW. 2FA, used strong passwords in my wallet. But I guess they are really one step ahead of us. We need to be very careful not to click on anything we find interesting on the web as it might contain such Trojans or Malwares (keyloggers). If you are a long term bagholder, a hardware wallet is a must.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:30:32 PM

Ofcourse i am afraid of hackers. That is why i use a computer for cryptomoney only. i havent download anything ever to this computer. and i use trezor to store my investments. But i am still paranoid of being hacked. especially when i hold some altcoins in exchanges.
1 currency now

Activity: 235
Merit: 101

a sharp sword

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:35:38 PM

If you're using a hardware-wallet you should be safe.
If you're using MyEtherWallet you should read my thread about running it locally:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822325.msg28909433#msg28909433

In general store all your coins in cold-wallets and keep your PC free from malware.
That won't be safe enough, there is a lot of unknown things that anyone could put in that wallet easily.

OG member.
Brian Ray
Rlyn

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:40:45 PM

Yes i am. In fact that they can breach my/our privacy and get our personal records like wallets. that's why i make sure the the site and wallet i am visiting is secured.

TedWalker91

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:34:29 PM

Every normal person is afraid of hackers as they may be initmidating to people's profit. One thing that I learned, however, is that hackers aren't pretty interested in ICO's, as they hold a lesser value than the BTC and the major altcoins (ETH, IOTA, ADA, etc.). Therefore, I've spent some time on investing on ICO's and can postulate that this is a very efficient method, disregarding the risk, of course.. You still need to read a lot, but at least hackers won't (hopefully) attack on your current porfolio. For example, I've invested in Cointed, Giftz, Monero, and Restart Energy and have received a satisfactory ROI, as a result. Therefore, I'll continue the same way.. Has anyone considered an investment in Omnitude? Thank you in advance!

I agree that hackers tend to target bigger coins more often than ICO tokens, but that doesn't mean you should not be careful. Whenever you can you should use a hardware wallet to try and prevent possible invasions. To answer your question, I think Omnitude is a good project, I also like the others you mentioned (specially giftz). Please try to be more careful with your tokens!
Adek nadia

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:41:47 PM

We need to protect saya us from hackers is to have a little careful and don’t careless, although a bit of the possibility that account we will be safe but at least we’ve been trying.

GLOBAL REIT: Blockchain berdasarkan
Investasi Real Estat Pertama yang pernah ada, 〔http://globalreit.io/〕
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:43:56 PM

How to protect yourself from hackers attacks?

As long your always updated on the news and always aware on what happening on the cryptocurrency or your current holding coin (wallet,Exchangers)
you will be safe. because you are aware when is the right time to do transaction.

Are you afraid of this stuff?
kinda , because as long the cryptocurrency is used in online transaction nothing is safe.
because Hackers will improve and improve until they get what they want.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
testminer42

Activity: 128

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:50:31 PM

Your private key never shares to anyone in any manner or on any unsecured site to prevent your account from hackers. Yes, I am afraid of hackers and I think everyone also afraid of hackers because they always tried to steal your tokens/coins from your account. To avoid this always install a good antivirus and anti-malware software on your system and use secure browsing of them.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:51:53 PM

Been afraid is the same thing as been afraid of arm robbers who are always in search of people who they will attach and probably take some thing from them on lawfully. So also are the hackers and one really need to be afraid of them for they are a set of dangerous set of human being.    
mirofame

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:56:05 PM

Everyone should be afraid of hackers, or at least to keep in mind that can be hacked any moment if they have a lot of money in their bank account, wallet. But if you put your money in different places, and you have long passoword, with big, small letters, numbers, it wont be easy to hack. Usually depends on you, if you are smart there won't be any problems in your pocket.
X2PR8888

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:01:25 PM

For someone like me who is not so technical and quite primitive when it comes to my knowledge of anything related to softwares, I feel scared of hackers ofcourse.  I don't have billions of bitcoins like others but what I have is all I have and so that means the world to me and I'm guessing that a lot out there feels the same way.  If you know your source of living or income is about to be taken away or maybe taken away from you without your knowing then you have every right in the world to feel afraid but it is also a cause for tou to start acting vigilant.  
Start by making sure you do not have all of your honey in one pot, store it into barious pots and store your pots into barious cupboards if you want to be extra cautious.  Then, make sure that the keys to these cupboards are well protected to the point that you vould have them encrypted for your peace of mind.  If you are to give someone yoir password or key, be confident that whoever it is that you're giving it to is someone you trust with your life too.  So there, really, acting bigilant is one big step to take as part of being afraid of hackers.  it's a must because otherwise, you'll end up like a crybaby.

⊗ eBit Payment ⊗
24 NOVEMBER 2017 TOKEN SALE

[url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2440198.0
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:07:51 PM

Been afraid is the same thing as been afraid of arm robbers who are always in search of people who they will attach and probably take some thing from them on lawfully. So also are the hackers and one really need to be afraid of them for they are a set of dangerous set of human being.    

Of course we are afraid,same as arm robbers minus the violence or harassment.Hackers are  proliferating too in addition with the advent of cryptocurrency. Its easy now to steal millions of dollars with this digital currency. We should be extra careful with our private keys keep it  outside of computer. For me I have a copy on my flash drive and another a printed one, just in case.
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:13:51 PM

Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?
Who wouldn’t be?! But there is really no reason to fear these people if we won’t give them a way to access our account/s. Meaning, being responsible and smart in keeping our private codes, passwords, or anything that needs safekeeping, is good enough to shield ourselves from being hacked. Those who got hacked were just plain careless which is why they lost a lot, if not, everything!

Doell

Activity: 2156
Merit: 531

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:14:56 PM

I'm not really scared. But I try to comply with safety rules. I'm not visiting any weird sites and doesn't download anything. I do not enter passwords. I have 4 years use Kaspersky Internet Security. I had no problems with him.
Yes it is better to prevent than to cure cause you did not visit the strange site but have to stay very vigilant ,well I was in terror by hackers who have entered from somewhere I also never visited any strange site and I already have many key devices hard as well software and a more of anti-virus but still I get a message that is not good , now its safe cause I replace with a new PC

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
titusha

Activity: 246
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:17:45 PM

Almost every post that everyone is afraid of hackers and hacking. I agree of course, I even wrote that I too am afraid. But only particularly practical advice how to protect yourself is not.
I do not want to refuse an online wallet - jaxx. At me the sum small, I do not wish to buy to myself a purse while. But I did not find any more useful illuminations ((
dimonstration

Activity: 2590
Merit: 660

Dimon6969

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:23:49 PM

I'm not really scared. But I try to comply with safety rules. I'm not visiting any weird sites and doesn't download anything. I do not enter passwords. I have 4 years use Kaspersky Internet Security. I had no problems with him.
Yes it is better to prevent than to cure cause you did not visit the strange site but have to stay very vigilant ,well I was in terror by hackers who have entered from somewhere I also never visited any strange site and I already have many key devices hard as well software and a more of anti-virus but still I get a message that is not good , now its safe cause I replace with a new PC
how does we are able to prevent are may based always with us for how does we secure it by ourselves for hackers are always there so better to be more good out of it on how we are able to prevent for.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Xtra_Coin

Activity: 140

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:44:16 PM

I think that the only thing that you can do while trying to protect yourself as much as possible is just to be cautious on the Internet. Think before you open strange links. You can change passwords more often. But this is very much regrettable.

dreico

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:18:02 AM

Of course I'm afraid because they can completely deprive everything without even straining at the same time and the defense will be able to bypass so that little from them saves
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:56:40 AM

When i know nothing about the cryptocurrency or in the online world i think about the hackers just a simple enemy or just an simple stealer. But when i enter in this world of cryptocurrency i research about the hacker and it is normal to be afraid because each one of us i knoe that afraid to loose their money that you have earn in the long time.
Arisgado

Activity: 191

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:11:30 AM

Yeah absolutely. But I managed everything such way that hacking can't do anything too bad for me. I think it is a natural fear, you just have to be careful. So make sure always high security on your accounts like strong passwords and enabling always 2FA because that really is necessary one. Your private key never shares to anyone in any manner or on any unsecured site to prevent your account from hackers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: