Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you afraid of hackers?  (Read 10437 times)
rbt

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 01:46:23 AM

The first thing to think about when investing in crypto is the security of your tokens and to minimize the loss in case something bad happens. So, have a good antivirus, be weary when install new software, get a hardware wallet, try not to keep large amounts of your tokens in exchanges or even in online wallets, change your passwords from time to time even if you`re using some strong passwords (and never use the same password for all the accounts!), don`t save your passwords in your computer or phone (also, you might never write down your entire password, it`s better to memorize the last part of it).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 02:01:46 AM

Afraid of hackers?  No.

I lose a bit of sleep over whether I should continue to hold some bitcoins on Cryptopia & make money taking advantage of these saps & the ever-increasing odds that this stored money on Cryptopia will simply disappear into the ether (perhaps they'd blame it on "hackers").  

These latest coin additions (many of which aren't even worth a single satoshi) has me leaning more towards taking my exit now while I'm ahead.
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:21:33 AM

To be honest, I am afraid of hackers because those people are unpredictable in what way are they going to hack your account or what time will they steal someone's money or token. We should be aware to keep our primary key in order not to lose our money in our account because hackers are greedy people who have a conscience. Our primary key should keep private in order to avoid such things.
Daeshim

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:48:30 AM

Tôi khá lo ngại cho ví tiền của mình, tôi nghĩ:
Mọi người nên sử dụng thói quen duyệt web an toàn hơn và cùng với đó nên đa dạng hóa trữ lượng bitcoin và altcoin của họ ở nhiều nơi nhất có thể.
lisa_john

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:54:56 AM

This type hacking many times happening on the online wallets and trading site. Some hash power rental sites also been hacked some of the time. If you know the last hack on nice hash server you will not keep your fund on the any online wallet which does not give the private key access to you.
Daeshim

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:57:52 AM

The first thing to think about when investing in crypto is the security of your tokens and to minimize the loss in case something bad happens. So, have a good antivirus, be weary when install new software, get a hardware wallet, try not to keep large amounts of your tokens in exchanges or even in online wallets, change your passwords from time to time even if you`re using some
cicciogas

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

CryptoCashbackRebate-Rewarding Cryptos

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:00:16 AM

Dont'you think th 2FA authentication is enough to rest assured when you hold your coins on an exchange? I've read of a guy who lost 500 XRB from his Bitgrail account cause he didint add the 2FA... Sad so sad.

Join CryptoCashbackRebate
First Cashback & Rebate Portal for Cryptocurrency Community (http://ico.cryptocashbackrebate.com)
Fluffinfinity

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:00:54 AM

I'm not really afraid with those hackers, because, I find ways to make sure that everything about my accounts are safe. Those hackers cannot do something about us when we are taking good care of our accounts but let's make sure that we can fully give our time to secure things with this.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:01:35 AM

in general everyone will feel the fear, if something valuable is taken by a handful of irresponsible people like hackers, they always have a new way for every action they do, I personally do not really know to prevent something happening to me because hackers, I always try to be careful and always update the security on a regular basis so as to prevent from hackers
lisa_john

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:01:50 AM

I lose a bit of sleep over whether I should continue to hold some bitcoins on Cryptopia & make money taking advantage of these saps & the ever-increasing odds that this stored money on Cryptopia will simply disappear into the ether (perhaps they'd blame it on "hackers"). 
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:09:04 AM

Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

It actually is very scary knowing that there are these brilliant hackers out there that are ready to take and still whatever
 investment or holdings you got in your wallets. one of the things I do to prevent hackers from having access in my accounts is simply using a cold wallet, where I can store my earnings and coins offline, that way its gonna be if not impossible, very hard for these hackers to access it, as of now this is the best way of keeping my coins safe in the simplest way.

rosalyn07

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:12:56 AM

definitely truly i'm scared on hacker that's why i'm not clicking any links/website that i don't know. The best way we can do is to be more careful and don't trust someone we do not know.
LanaWinda

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:27:22 AM

I am very worried about hackers because they have special skills in tracking data.
And I fear again if they can hack the deepest system of our data.
Especially if to hack into the savings that we already have then all will be exhausted in an instant.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:33:57 AM

Of course i afraid with hackers.  but I think hackers are only targeting a market or project that has more assets.
if I myself never keep a coin for long. for fear of hack then gone
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:36:58 AM

I would say it is the best time for hackers. So much easy money to grab in the crypto world. So, the bottom line is, you should be afraid of hackers. The best way to protect you from hackers is to educate yourself. In addition, using hardware wallets could make your wallet more secure in a way that your private key cannot be stolen by online hackers.

lucemferrum01

Activity: 245

The Future Of Work

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 03:49:49 AM

Recently Bloomberg posted the information that it took hackers less than 10 years to steal over 14% of all existing Bitcoins and Ethereum from the wallets of their holders. The total sum they have stolen is more than $1,2 billion! How to protect yourself from hackers attacks? Are you afraid of this stuff?

I am, I do think from time to time that what if hackers would be able to infiltrate and discover a weakness in bitcoins and other cryptocurrency's system, it would be a huge blow to the market and the projects related to cryptocurrencies. As for my account and investment I am more concerned with virus and scams since I know they are ever adapting and I might become a victim someday.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
Whitepaper﹞﹝ANN THREAD﹞﹝TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK﹞﹝TWITTER﹞﹝YOUTUBE
albos

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:52:59 AM

Of course you should be affraid from hackers. Being affraid makes you to be more carefull where you use the internet connection (public wifi) and check twice for original websites instead of phishing ones...
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:01:50 AM

ofcourse, hackers take us a lot of benefit. i have some idea about protect against hackers
- Update your OS and other software frequently, if not automatically.
- Download up-to-date security programs, including antivirus and anti-malware software, anti-spyware, and a firewall (if your OS didn’t come pre-packaged with it)
- Destroy all traces of your personal info on hardware you plan on selling
- Do not use open wifi; it makes it too easy for hackers to steal your connection and download illegal files.
- Speaking of passwords: password protect all of your devices, including your desktop, laptop, phone, smartwatch, tablet, camera, lawnmower…
- Create difficult passwords and change them frequently. In addition, never use the same passwords across multiple services.
- Come up with creative answers for your security questions.
- Practice smart surfing and emailing.
- Don’t link accounts.
- Keep sensitive data off the cloud.

yes I like your point that the rogue wifi (part of wireless hacking technique still exist until now).
we must be more aware if using an wireless connection. look out their SSID.
so I suggest to use private network for accessing a website who related with our asset (banking, exchange, wallet , etc)

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:02:39 AM

I just can't believe how these companys hold that much money and there's still flaws on their system I mean... c'mon is just amazing earning millions witout the proper secutiry protocols.
Sofinard09

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:08:09 AM

ofcourse, hackers take us a lot of benefit. i have some idea about protect against hackers
- Update your OS and other software frequently, if not automatically.
- Download up-to-date security programs, including antivirus and anti-malware software, anti-spyware, and a firewall (if your OS didn’t come pre-packaged with it)
- Destroy all traces of your personal info on hardware you plan on selling
- Do not use open wifi; it makes it too easy for hackers to steal your connection and download illegal files.
- Speaking of passwords: password protect all of your devices, including your desktop, laptop, phone, smartwatch, tablet, camera, lawnmower…
- Create difficult passwords and change them frequently. In addition, never use the same passwords across multiple services.
- Come up with creative answers for your security questions.
- Practice smart surfing and emailing.
- Don’t link accounts.
- Keep sensitive data off the cloud.

i like your tips. even private wifi i think can hacker hack you account? best for me is never easily click link in your sites.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: