Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:44:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't panic!  (Read 2198 times)
Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:27:24 AM

For anyone who is panicking at the market-wide price drops, please don't! There is no reason to panic. Look long-term, don't look at price charts over the last week or month, look at them over the last year and see the pattern of rises followed by pullbacks... but the course is always upwards.

If you're new and bought in during December and now see huge losses... the worst thing you can do is sell now. Prices will increase in the long term. The current dip is just a correction to the wild excesses of last month. Don't panic!
If the prices you can see now are lower than the prices that you bought in at, then the best thing you can do is buy more. Why? This will lower your average entry price.
If you bought bitcoin at $16000 and see it now at $8000, the course of action is clear: buy the same amount at $8000, and your average entry point is no longer $16000, it's (16000+8000)/2=$12000.

Don't sell, buy!

meo550

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:28:58 AM

nice one bro , im doing this too  Cry , but its hurts lol Smiley
shidannv

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:32:01 AM

For anyone who is panicking at the market-wide price drops, please don't! There is no reason to panic. Look long-term, don't look at price charts over the last week or month, look at them over the last year and see the pattern of rises followed by pullbacks... but the course is always upwards.

If you're new and bought in during December and now see huge losses... the worst thing you can do is sell now. Prices will increase in the long term. The current dip is just a correction to the wild excesses of last month. Don't panic!
If the prices you can see now are lower than the prices that you bought in at, then the best thing you can do is buy more. Why? This will lower your average entry price.
If you bought bitcoin at $16000 and see it now at $8000, the course of action is clear: buy the same amount at $8000, and your average entry point is no longer $16000, it's (16000+8000)/2=$12000.

Don't sell, buy!

Agree. I am buying in more now because I also believe it will go high in the year.
Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:33:17 AM

nice one bro , im doing this too  Cry , but its hurts lol Smiley

Glad I can help! I'm posting just to try to stop newcomers from making rash decisions. I know the panic myself from when the market dipped just after I entered. I don't have a huge amount of experience, but I'll pass on what I can. This is absolutely the time to clear your emotions out of the way and make calm, considered decisions.

Remember if you believe in crypto, then any chance to lower your average entry price is a great opportunity.

ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:34:34 AM

Many weak hands especially today lol. Not sure what is the cause probably the recent Indian Fud? I am confident this is temporary Let us hope to see some green soon we don't want to cause pain to weak hearted folks do we lol. Hodl

RNGfight

Activity: 196

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:36:53 AM

But in the past, the price of bitcoins in South Korea and Japan has always been much higher than in other countries.
But this time South Korea and Japan have taken the lead to fall, and I think maybe this is a sign of a bear market.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Nivelir

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:37:43 AM

I also think that you should not panic, because in the near future everything will be fine, you should not panic, but if you are too emotional, then it's better just move away from the monitor and enjoy your life. Everything will be fine.
Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:39:02 AM

I think it's a general correction triggered partly because December rose too high and had to pullback some, and partly because of a swathe of negative news stories in the last month or so. The latest dip is probably also affected by automatic filling of a load of sell orders as we drop past price milestones, such as $10k for bitcoin.
And all through this, some of the people who only got in recently will quite naturally start to panic and want to cut their losses. This I think is now the main driver of the fall, plus experienced traders trying to exploit this by shorting their coins.

Believe in crypto. Don't panic. Lower your average entry point if you can. Look to the future, we will see green again!

HaekalZ

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

Don't sell, buy!

Yep, don't panic and be patient.
Every year there will be ups and downs, just wait till the price explode again.
of course you will feel at loss right now, but it's okay, everything will be alright, just hold all of your altcoins.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:51:26 AM

Don't sell, buy!

Cheesy Nice suggestion, but only if someone have money spawner Smiley Maybe Tether will use it, I dont know. We all should understand, if people are in panic - they will not buy. Only sell. Just let them sell so illuminati will buy and then we will see new highs. Nothing to worry about - bought? Close the exchange window and go outside, do your hobby, be with your family

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
huoxuanjyphl591

Activity: 269

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:54:47 AM

Don't sell, buy!

I think it is quite for me to be calm because all my money are in the coins. Embarrassed

mountainskyman

Activity: 226

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:55:35 AM

Don't sell, buy!

Thank you! I understand, still it needs some courage
AlNu

Activity: 728
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:55:50 AM

Don't sell, buy!

I agree, now is the time to buy and average. But who does not have free funds, then just wait and do not fix the losses, then it will be more difficult to recover
jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:56:53 AM

Don't panic it's organic. More FUD are coming right now because those whales out there manipulating the market they want to short it as soon as possible because there are big players that will come to crypto. So better buy some now because soon it will rise.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
An0nyMoose

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:57:28 AM

if you panic and sell then you lose your money.

Blockonomics                          ██
                         ████  ██

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄ ████  ████  ██
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ████  ████
    ▄█████▀▀         ▀▀█████▄ ██  ████
   ████▀                 ▀████   ████
  ████      ████████▄      ████ ████
 ████        ██    ██▄      ████ ██
████         ██     ██       ████
████         ██   ▄██▀       ████
████         ███████         ████
████         ██    ██▄       ████
████         ██     ██       ████
 ████        ██    ██▀      ████
  ████      ████████▀      ████
   ████▄                 ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
markalis

Activity: 467

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:58:58 AM

well, I agree with these statements and analysis, do not panic and keep the bitcoin you have, it will not be permanent and only temporary. just wait until the value goes back up

befriendmywater

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:59:48 AM

But in the past, the price of bitcoins in South Korea and Japan has always been much higher than in other countries.
But this time South Korea and Japan have taken the lead to fall, and I think maybe this is a sign of a bear market.
hey man, do not be so scared. Think that's just rumors. Be calm and continue on your investment path. If the news is real, only a small fraction of the affected people in Korea and Japan. In our country, the government still bans people from using bitcoin but my friends and I still use it everyday.
We make money in silence and people in other countries are strong. So the money market is good and everything still work.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Cnut237 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:00:39 AM

Don't sell, buy!

I think it is quite for me to be calm because all my money are in the coins. Embarrassed

In that case I would say:
1) have one look at the price charts over the last year or all time to get some perspective (not just this day or month)
2) close the price chart window and don't check it again. come back in maybe a month.
3) if you believe in crypto, then don't sell!

I'm just trying to stop people from making bad decisions. If you sell now then you have a guaranteed loss. If you hold and try to forget about it and come back in a few weeks or a month, you will see higher prices again.

bitctrimor1

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

“Blockchain Connection Framework”

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:03:16 AM

Don't sell, buy!

I agree. However, I think that it's not easy to convince people and make them feel calm about what's happening. Many people, who are rather new or have not seen Bitcoin plummet in value this low from where it was, would react normally by being panicky and afraid that their investments might amount to a loss. However, the best way to do at this point, like the above-stated reply said, is to be patient and check how Bitcoin ran before, if you would see, there are these rough patches where Bitcoin doesn't gain value, or worse, lose value, for months at a time. After that, it would again assert itself and have a surge in value. So, the better move is to just wait for that perfect moment.

O M N I T U D E              BLOCKCHAIN E-COMMERCE                      JOIN NOW
▄ ▄ ▄ █ █    W H I T E P A P E R    █ █ ▀ ▀ ▀

FACEBOOK          TWITTER          LINKEDIN        TELEGRAM          REDDIT         ANN THREAD
anaumar

Activity: 383

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:03:29 AM

really it is often people prefer to lose, see the graph is down straight trying to cut loss and it is precisely that does not make the price will improve and it will also worsen the market situation

CCN     CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN    
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰      Service Thread    Whitepaper
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: