Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:32:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:16:38 PM

our first markets will be the unbanked population of the world who today have little or no other option than to watch pirated movies.

And why you thinking, that people from poor countries quit watching free piracy films and start to pay for movies? Its wrong an approach I think

They may not but it is about conditions.

If you have access to the best programs out there you may choose to pay it.

For example, netflix dropped the piracy rate because it is too comfortable. If you choose people alternative of piracy some will choose.
Based on my experience, its pretty difficult to find and stream a not popular high quality (at least Blu-ray 720p) pirated movies.
And if i search on google, it will bring me to amazon site (buy it) or risky sites which there is a "video not found" words.

In my opinion, it's all about quality - price combination here. It they manage to deliver good quality content for an affordable price, then it will be a success.
In undeveloped countries people don't have access to theaters for example or it might be too expensive, but they do have internet (in general). I think this kind of platform would be well met.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aveon

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:16:58 PM

our first markets will be the unbanked population of the world who today have little or no other option than to watch pirated movies.

And why you thinking, that people from poor countries quit watching free piracy films and start to pay for movies? Its wrong an approach I think

For example, netflix dropped the piracy rate because it is too comfortable. If you choose people alternative of piracy some will choose.
Based on my experience, its pretty difficult to find and stream a not popular high quality (at least Blu-ray 720p) pirated movies.
And if i search on google, it will bring me to amazon site (buy it) or risky sites which there is a "video not found" words.

In my opinion, it's all about quality - price combination here. It they manage to deliver good quality content for an affordable price, then it will be a success.
In undeveloped countries people don't have access to theaters for example or it might be too expensive, but they do have internet (in general). I think this kind of platform would be well met.
Yeah, like in Nigeria - I doubt they have too many cinemas, but they have enough of internet so that the whole world is aware of african scam. In general, the devs may add different variants of movie quality (e.g. dvd, hd, full hd etc)
Misssa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:17:55 PM

beta announced? or just ico?
CryptoCutie

Activity: 238
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:59:08 PM

in poor countrys the people will not pay for content ok, but they can make advertising in this countrys or a special price.
pynetx

Merit: 262

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:06:06 PM

Any plans on partnering with celebrities out there?
MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:08:23 PM

Yes, but better focused on rich countries - like Germany. I live in poor country, and people dont paying for content. They download all for free. And same in every poor country I think...

Well, they are not completely profit orientated. If they were, I'd agree with you that they should focus on Western countries but they will also offer a lot of free educational content.
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:43:37 PM

Today I've learnt more about the value proposition of Cryptoflix. The things I learnt was that iTunes/Netflix can take a long time to pay content creators (and Cryptoflix will be able to pay instantly), and also that there will be a lower minimum quality of movies/video on the platform

Cryptoflix will need to feature as many improvements as possible in order to compete with the establishment. My favorite is the payments for investments.

the road is still long and difficult, there are going to be a lot of legal stuff involved in doing something like that, however is something new and interesting if they manage to do it

what is soft cap requirement for this project? All those partnerships should be consider in softcap.

The caps are minimum 3k ETH and maximum 25k ETH. The tokens will be compliant to the latest ERC223 standard, so it will be smart contract-based. The token sale date is provisionally April 15th.
What is this ERC-223 standard? I heard only about the standard of erc-20 (eth)

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

Yes, but better focused on rich countries - like Germany. I live in poor country, and people dont paying for content. They download all for free. And same in every poor country I think...

Well, they are not completely profit orientated. If they were, I'd agree with you that they should focus on Western countries but they will also offer a lot of free educational content.
In Western Europe, I think if there is not yet, then there may be appear competitors - since this direction is becoming more popular. For example, Internet TV and Steam Technology.
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:28:36 PM

An interesting point of view, I agree with you that social content is just as necessary, it will allow the platform to gain world recognition.

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 06:47:36 PM

Anyways, to adoid any stiff competition, they decided wisely to start from the countries where similar services not so popular. Moreover, I can see other differences between Net- and CryptoFlix
This decision is undoubtedly a good move, but it is not necessary to delay much with access to the international arena. Otherwise, the interest in this project may overheat!

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:50:56 PM

Today I've learnt more about the value proposition of Cryptoflix. The things I learnt was that iTunes/Netflix can take a long time to pay content creators (and Cryptoflix will be able to pay instantly), and also that there will be a lower minimum quality of movies/video on the platform

Cryptoflix will need to feature as many improvements as possible in order to compete with the establishment. My favorite is the payments for investments.

the road is still long and difficult, there are going to be a lot of legal stuff involved in doing something like that, however is something new and interesting if they manage to do it

what is soft cap requirement for this project? All those partnerships should be consider in softcap.

The caps are minimum 3k ETH and maximum 25k ETH. The tokens will be compliant to the latest ERC223 standard, so it will be smart contract-based. The token sale date is provisionally April 15th.

It's a token's standard compiled by smart contracts' auditer (and now member of the Ethereum Commonwealth team for ETC) Dexaran, it solves many ERC20 problems that caused much money's losses in the past

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Bolovich

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:10:37 PM

Anyways, to adoid any stiff competition, they decided wisely to start from the countries where similar services not so popular. Moreover, I can see other differences between Net- and CryptoFlix
This decision is undoubtedly a good move, but it is not necessary to delay much with access to the international arena. Otherwise, the interest in this project may overheat!

It has sense in the way you have explain it. But the reason becaus Net- is not that popular in this countries is because thre is not as high demand of this kind of platform and in other countries so this movement is a double-edged sword.

▬▬▬▬ ViValid   █   ITEMS' VALUE AND OWNERSHIP IN THE BLOCKCHAIN
every item has a story   █   PRE SALE 14th May 2018                                                
   █   Whitepaper   Twitter   Telegram       
belechau

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:35:52 PM

What I still do not understand, is what was commented a few pages ago, about the possibility of gains to users who use the platform, how can this happen? Will there be a rating or some system for users?
rjp55

Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 07:50:14 PM

It has sense in the way you have explain it. But the reason becaus Net- is not that popular in this countries is because thre is not as high demand of this kind of platform and in other countries so this movement is a double-edged sword.

i think people didn't know the advantages of stream media until they have it their country
it happened like this in my country
everyone is using over advertised websites, then net- started to operate in my country and increased member number to moon easily after a good marketing session.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:02:32 PM

i think it is a good strategy to try before conquering a part of the market where there is little competition and there are no similar services and then expand in other areas...
rjp55

Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:06:06 PM

i think it is a good strategy to try before conquering a part of the market where there is little competition and there are no similar services and then expand in other areas...

with that strategy you can make final touches to your app/website with customer feedbacks and enter the highly competitive market when you are more than ready before.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:09:58 PM

with that strategy you can make final touches to your app/website with customer feedbacks and enter the highly competitive market when you are more than ready before.

imo this is the right way
multinova

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:10:24 PM

ERC-223 has some critical issues, it's no longer used imo.

The main and the most important is lack of event handling mechanism of ERC20 standard.
kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:15:10 PM

The main and the most important is lack of event handling mechanism of ERC20 standard.

Lol I don't know where you get you informations but it's the other way around, it's well exapalined on github https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/223

This paragraph:

Another disadvantages of ERC20 that ERC223 will solve:

Lack of transfer handling possibility.
Loss of tokens.
Token-transactions should match Ethereum ideology of uniformity. When a user wants to transfer tokens, he should always call transfer. It doesn't matter if the user is depositing to a contract or sending to an externally owned account.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
niklasmato

Merit: 263

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

Lol I don't know where you get you informations but it's the other way around, it's well exapalined on github https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/223

This paragraph:

Another disadvantages of ERC20 that ERC223 will solve:

Lack of transfer handling possibility.
Loss of tokens.
Token-transactions should match Ethereum ideology of uniformity. When a user wants to transfer tokens, he should always call transfer. It doesn't matter if the user is depositing to a contract or sending to an externally owned account.

Seems you are correct:

3 Primary improvements with ERC223:

(1) Eliminates the problem of lost tokens which happens during the transfer of ERC20 tokens to a contract (when people mistakenly use the instructions for sending tokens to a wallet). ERC223 allows users to send their tokens to either wallet or contract with the same function transfer, thereby eliminating the potential for confusion and lost tokens.

(2) Allows developers to handle incoming token transactions, and reject non-supported tokens (not possible with ERC20)

(3) Energy savings. The transfer of ERC223 tokens to a contract is a one step process rather than 2 step process (for ERC20), and this means 2 times less gas and no extra blockchain bloating.

Switching from ERC20 to ERC223

"ERC23 tokens are backwards compatible with ERC20 tokens. It means that ERC23 supports every ERC20 functions and contracts or services working with ERC20 tokens will work with ERC23 tokens correctly."

Sources: https://github.com/Dexaran/ERC23-tokens/tree/Recommended#erc23-token-standard (ERC23 and 223 are the same thing). To read the full discussion about ERC20 and ERC223, follow this link: https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/issues/223
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: