Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:13:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42456 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:34:44 AM

They won`t get near netflix if your talking about movies and funding films, one movie alone if your into sci-fi will set you back into 13million usd just to produce one, your best option is monthly subscription rather than pay what you want.

if you look at those negative bilances of netflix, its a good question how long it will take for a final hit and the debts get too much. at least their originals are running pretty well.
i think its working a bit different. you will still need the monthly subscription if you want to have big titles on your plattform. but the idea is you also earn coins during watching - so the more time you spend
watching movies or series, you will get more coins which you can spend on promoted projects to get them filmed/made. so people which use it the most will have the most voting power and you also have a method of removing coins from the market and increasing the value.

What negative bilances of Netflix are you talking about?

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:14:23 AM

Yes there is some big competitor for the streaming part, like Netflix. But cryptoflix will be for crypto users, it’s the only one who will accept crypto currencies soon, and that is a very good point I think.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:34:34 AM

our first markets will be the unbanked population of the world who today have little or no other option than to watch pirated movies.

And why you thinking, that people from poor countries quit watching free piracy films and start to pay for movies? Its wrong an approach I think

They may not but it is about conditions.

If you have access to the best programs out there you may choose to pay it.

For example, netflix dropped the piracy rate because it is too comfortable. If you choose people alternative of piracy some will choose.

Sure, but you should also consider the two main factors here:

1. Netflix is damn cheap
2. Netflix doesnt care if you share your alread cheap account with 3 friends

Thats why its so popular. Cryptoflix has to do the same. Maybe even bait new users with even more benefits.

In the early phase cryptoflix has to give out more offers to take over the Netflix market but eventually it's the quality of contents. Netflix have started their own production and series now so cryptoflix has to think out of the box to compete with it.

So cryptoflix is Netflix alternative ?
omwibya

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:48:57 AM

our first markets will be the unbanked population of the world who today have little or no other option than to watch pirated movies.

And why you thinking, that people from poor countries quit watching free piracy films and start to pay for movies? Its wrong an approach I think

For example, netflix dropped the piracy rate because it is too comfortable. If you choose people alternative of piracy some will choose.

1. Netflix is damn cheap

Thats why its so popular. Cryptoflix has to do the same. Maybe even bait new users with even more benefits.

In the early phase cryptoflix has to give out more offers to take over the Netflix market but eventually it's the quality of contents. Netflix have started their own production and series now so cryptoflix has to think out of the box to compete with it.

yes, but with more features, like profit sharing and investing in movies you wanna see made.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:22:32 AM

They won`t get near netflix if your talking about movies and funding films, one movie alone if your into sci-fi will set you back into 13million usd just to produce one, your best option is monthly subscription rather than pay what you want.

if you look at those negative bilances of netflix, its a good question how long it will take for a final hit and the debts get too much. at least their originals are running pretty well.
i think its working a bit different. you will still need the monthly subscription if you want to have big titles on your plattform. but the idea is you also earn coins during watching - so the more time you spend
watching movies or series, you will get more coins which you can spend on promoted projects to get them filmed/made. so people which use it the most will have the most voting power and you also have a method of removing coins from the market and increasing the value.

What do you mean by "you also earn coins during watching"? I don't really think it works that way...Otherwise everybody would just play movies all the time and get rich. You get some income when you fund movies and the movie you funded is a success.

BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:52:22 AM

Hey everyone,

Again thanks for the interest, questions and discussions. We are happy that you are all so passionate about movies as well as CRYPTOFLIX.

Just a few things from me today as a reply to the recent discussions:

1) We do intend for CRYPTOFLIX to be a worldwide service, however the intention is to start in the underdeveloped, underbanked world, namely Asia, South America and Africa and expand from there. If you read the White Paper there is an analysis of both the competition and the markets and for paid content our first markets will be the unbanked population of the world who today have little or no other option than to watch pirated movies.

But because of the much more flexible pricing structure, we expect than many content owners would want to be on CRYPTOFLIX for Europe and US as well. Believe me, if we see that there is an opportunity to grow into new markets, we will act on it.

The free educational content will be out worldwide from day one.

2) Regarding languages and subtitles, this is really a choice for the content owner. Obviously local and regional films will already be versioned for the near markets, but for international films, usually there will be subtitled versions and if available also dubbed versions etc. From a content owner perspective it is important to always evaluate if the cost of dubbing a film will come back as income from said market. A good dub is costly and therefore many international films will only have subtitles. This is why our strategy is to start with markets, where there is a high level of English, French or Spanish language speakers to provide as wide a selection of films and TV from the beginning.

3) I have really enjoyed your ideas and suggestions for what movies you would like to see produced. Filmmaking is an art form that unfortunately is influenced heavily by contracts and rights etc. And it takes a long time and a lot of money to get from idea to seeing the film on the big screen. I know that you are wondering what kind of films you are going to be able to invest in with the FLIX Tokens. We will seek to provide a range of film and TV projects of different genres and budgets and from different parts of the world - all with one thing in common - they are good projects with quality people behind them.

Finally please don't forget to sign up for the Early Pre-Sale alert on our webpage: www.cryptoflix.io

Take care everybody and thank you again for your support.

Christian
I like the idea of free educational content in backward countries, this will improve the situation in this region! You are doing very good deed!
I agree with you. Not many sites with media content, provide free services. This project impresses with its idea and goals. I will closely observe this project!

James E [COIN]

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:56:42 AM

1. Netflix is damn cheap

There is a difference between the Netflix Model and the CRYPTOFLIX Model.

Netflix is mainly comparable to a Pay TV channel, except they do not have a fixed schedule. They pay license fees for the period where the content is on their platform up front and users can watch the movies as many times as they want, when they want.

In the film industry windows, Netflix is among the last stops in the income waterfall before free TV, but after VOD and DVD/BluRay. So Netflix will not have brand new movies, other than their own, because the content owners want income from the other windows first.

Also Netflix are producing their own content, which I believe they have re-allocated as many funds to as for licensing in 2018 so likely expect more of their own content going forward and less third party content.

The CRYPTOFLIX Model is more comparable to that of iTunes, which is a revenue sharing model where the content owners put their content on the platform against a share of the revenue and at no cost other than storage and administration to the platform.

CRYPTOFLIX will be different than the existing platforms in that it will be possible to use the platform without an Apple device and without a credit card (by using FLIX Tokens) and we will have more flexibility for the content owners in that the minimum quality requirements for entry onto the platform will be lower than the minimum standards for iTunes etc. and also our pricing structure will be more flexible. Also we can use smart contracts to share the revenue instantly with the content owners - in the current platforms this can take months or even years.
aveon

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:00:43 AM

Anyways, to adoid any stiff competition, they decided wisely to start from the countries where similar services not so popular. Moreover, I can see other differences between Net- and CryptoFlix
Axcel-m

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:07:32 AM

Thanks James for the conclution. I see the advantages of Cryptoflix. At the end these disadvantages are accepted by the users because of the provided offer and maybe the price.
So important is the offer of movies
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:08:08 AM

1. Netflix is damn cheap

There is a difference between the Netflix Model and the CRYPTOFLIX Model.

Netflix is mainly comparable to a Pay TV channel, except they do not have a fixed schedule. They pay license fees for the period where the content is on their platform up front and users can watch the movies as many times as they want, when they want.

In the film industry windows, Netflix is among the last stops in the income waterfall before free TV, but after VOD and DVD/BluRay. So Netflix will not have brand new movies, other than their own, because the content owners want income from the other windows first.

Also Netflix are producing their own content, which I believe they have re-allocated as many funds to as for licensing in 2018 so likely expect more of their own content going forward and less third party content.

The CRYPTOFLIX Model is more comparable to that of iTunes, which is a revenue sharing model where the content owners put their content on the platform against a share of the revenue and at no cost other than storage and administration to the platform.

CRYPTOFLIX will be different than the existing platforms in that it will be possible to use the platform without an Apple device and without a credit card (by using FLIX Tokens) and we will have more flexibility for the content owners in that the minimum quality requirements for entry onto the platform will be lower than the minimum standards for iTunes etc. and also our pricing structure will be more flexible. Also we can use smart contracts to share the revenue instantly with the content owners - in the current platforms this can take months or even years.

Thx. that's a great comparison. I didn't realize that the platform also offers advantages to the content owners. Very good.
helloal

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:35:07 AM

Today I've learnt more about the value proposition of Cryptoflix. The things I learnt was that iTunes/Netflix can take a long time to pay content creators (and Cryptoflix will be able to pay instantly), and also that there will be a lower minimum quality of movies/video on the platform

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:39:27 PM

Yes, but better focused on rich countries - like Germany. I live in poor country, and people dont paying for content. They download all for free. And same in every poor country I think...
omwibya

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:40:16 PM

Today I've learnt more about the value proposition of Cryptoflix. The things I learnt was that iTunes/Netflix can take a long time to pay content creators (and Cryptoflix will be able to pay instantly), and also that there will be a lower minimum quality of movies/video on the platform

Cryptoflix will need to feature as many improvements as possible in order to compete with the establishment. My favorite is the payments for investments.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:55:43 PM

Based on my experience, its pretty difficult to find and stream a not popular high quality (at least Blu-ray 720p) pirated movies.
And if i search on google, it will bring me to amazon site (buy it) or risky sites which there is a "video not found" words.

Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:27:39 PM

Cryptoflix will need to feature as many improvements as possible in order to compete with the establishment. My favorite is the payments for investments.

the road is still long and difficult, there are going to be a lot of legal stuff involved in doing something like that, however is something new and interesting if they manage to do it

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
iad_xo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:43:44 PM

the road is still long and difficult, there are going to be a lot of legal stuff involved in doing something like that, however is something new and interesting if they manage to do it

what is soft cap requirement for this project? All those partnerships should be consider in softcap.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:57:43 PM

what is soft cap requirement for this project? All those partnerships should be consider in softcap.

Soft cap is 3000 ETH, so less than 3 million dollars. Should be no problem.
James E [COIN]

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:07:35 PM

The caps are minimum 3k ETH and maximum 25k ETH. The tokens will be compliant to the latest ERC223 standard, so it will be smart contract-based. The token sale date is provisionally April 15th.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:07:58 PM

it's quite reasonable amount of money for this project, it should be able to get funded i hope. They just need to advertise a bit more and release more news or explain what is happening with the project

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
James E [COIN]

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:13:54 PM

it's quite reasonable amount of money for this project, it should be able to get funded i hope. They just need to advertise a bit more and release more news or explain what is happening with the project

Make sure you are signed up to the Communications list and the Early Pre-Sale Alert at https://cryptoflix.io

Also, more info will be shared on the Telegram group: https://t.me/CRYPTOFLIXOFFICIAL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: